[PHRA] Raid Raptors

Raiders' Wing

819_20200602063910_img_1_niCopNqouTb2dvW

Level 4 DARK Winged Beast Effect Monster

0 ATK / 2000 DEF

-(This card is always treated as a "The Phantom Knights" and "Raidraptor" card.)

-You can only use this card name's (1) effect once per turn.

(1) If this card is in your hand or GY: You can detach 1 material from a DARK Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon this card, but banish it when it leaves the field.<Ignition>

(2) An Xyz Monster whose original Attribute is DARK and has this card as material gains this effect.<Unclassified>

● Your opponent cannot target this card with card effects.<Continuous>

Raidraptor - Heel Eagle

819_20200602063939_img_2_wt0X0FRcarddH6F

Level 3 DARK Winged Beast Effect Monster

700 ATK / 700 DEF

-You can only use each of this card name's (1) and (2) effects once per turn.

(1) If you control a "Raidraptor" monster(s) and no other monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.<Ignition>

(2) You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 "Raidraptor" Spell/Trap in your GY; add it to your hand.<Ignition>

Raidraptor - Strangle Lanius

819_20200602064005_img_1_vXkeePUNeNAMqyM

Level 4 DARK Winged Beast Effect Monster

1600 ATK / 1100 DEF

(1) If you control a DARK monster(s): You can Special Summon this card from your hand, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except DARK monsters.<Ignition>

(2) If you control an Xyz Monster that has a DARK Xyz Monster as material: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower "Raidraptor" monster in your GY; Special Summon it, but negate its effects.<Ignition>

Raiders' Unbreakable Mind

819_20200602064053_img_2_6fau5U3xhwhhF8v

Continuous Trap

-(This card is always treated as a "The Phantom Knights" and "Raidraptor" card.)

(1) If you Xyz Summon by using a DARK Xyz Monster as material: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy it.<Trigger-like>

(2) If this face-up card in the Spell & Trap Zone is destroyed by card effect: You can Set 1 "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell directly from your Deck or GY.<Trigger-like>

Raidraptor - Phantom Claw

819_20200605010459_img_1_wWOLhvMkAEpoRmM

Counter Trap

-You can only activate 1 card with this card name per turn.

(1) When a monster effect is activated: Detach 1 material from a DARK Xyz Monster you control; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card, also, after that, if the detached card is a "The Phantom Knights", "Raidraptor", or "Xyz Dragon" card, 1 "Raidraptor" Xyz Monster you control gains ATK equal to the destroyed monster's original ATK.

welp i know that pack cover is not always anime based. especially now with lack of anime that promote master duel product but its still seems weird to me that they used a new version of previous anime protagonist support for it

Raider's Wing is weird but make sense at the same time

Arc Rebel is pretty dope

PHANTOM FORCE IS DAMN SEXY CARD THAT OPEN SO MANY CANS MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA TANK KONAMI

EDIT:

there's couple of new cards that happen to combine both archetypes you may add it if you got the time. or maybe ill help you post the other half of the archetype? @Ryusei the Morning Star

2 hours ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

welp i know that pack cover is not always anime based. especially now with lack of anime that promote master duel product but its still seems weird to me that they used a new version of previous anime protagonist support for it

To me it's weird that the cover for this set (ARXD) has the same pack colour as the previous iteration (DRXD from NECH), yellow. and is coming out in TCG at the same time of year as that set (November time).

After some searching, it seems like "Jinzo - Layer" might be the only DARK Xyz that can pop Raiders' Unbreakable Mind reliably while staying on the field.

Unbreakable Mind + Soul Shave Force (SSF)?

- SSF > Summon a Rank 4 RR > Special Summon Jinzo - Layer

- Unbreakable Mind pops a card.

- Jinzo - Layer eff > take control of opponent's monster

- Jinzo - Layer eff > Tribute controlled monster, destroy Unbreakable Mind

- Unbreakable Mind > Grab SSF (doesn't have OPT) or Phantom Knight Force...

On 6/8/2020 at 4:35 AM, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

Raider's Wing is weird but make sense at the same time

Arc Rebel is pretty dope

PHANTOM FORCE IS DAMN SEXY CARD THAT OPEN SO MANY CANS MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA TANK KONAMI

EDIT:

there's couple of new cards that happen to combine both archetypes you may add it if you got the time. or maybe ill help you post the other half of the archetype? @Ryusei the Morning Star

I think I had them in the PK thread, if I miss any, please do cover my ass lol

this new support means we may finally see our r7 in the states. apart from that, all this means there are several new ways to take raidraptors that they could only hope to go before. they now have more versatile recursion, and they can more consistently set up boards that have reasonable protection to boot, meaning i won't have to rely as much on raidraptor-readiness to keep me alive on those slower turns (still an amazing card, but it can only do so much to keep the deck afloat.)

that said, the level 3 kinda annoys me. i get it, they can now mash with PK, but i still don't have to like that one of the best recursion effects in the archetype is attached to a monster that the main deck will more often than not, hate to see hit the board. mimicry lanius can buff the level, but the effect really isn't good enough to warrant trying to fit it in.

8 hours ago, vla1ne said:

[...]

that said, the level 3 kinda annoys me. i get it, they can now mash with PK, but i still don't have to like that one of the best recursion effects in the archetype is attached to a monster that the main deck will more often than not, hate to see hit the board. mimicry lanius can buff the level, but the effect really isn't good enough to warrant trying to fit it in.

I think that level 3 only exists as a quick way to access their Link 2.

In that case you are not forced to commit something like Pain Lanius to get out the Link 2.

Archived