Tamago Squad

Rayfield Lumina

TamagoSquad.jpg.e3120a03d970212452266f2708e8053d.jpg

Tamago Squad

LIGHT

Level 1 // Warrior / Effect

ATK 600 / DEF 400

Cannot be targeted for attacks or by card effects if you control a Beast monster. You can pay 500 LP; Special Summon 1 "Nice Tamago Token" (Beast/Tuner/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). It cannot be used as material during this turn. If your opponent destroys a "Nice Tamago Token", your opponent skips their next Draw Phase. You can toss a coin and call it. If you call it right, Special Summon 1 "Bad Tamago Token" (Beast/DARK/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to your opponent's field. If your opponent uses a "Bad Tamago Token" as Tribute or material for a Summon, negate the Summoned monster's effects, it cannot attack and cannot be used as material, also your opponent takes 1000 damage . You can only use each effect of "Tamago Squad" once per turn.

*** And in case you're curious, the girl's hoodie says TA-MA-GO in hiragana xD

So yeah, the idea is that the girl is the "warrior" and commands the chicks. For low cost, you get on your field a Tuner Token, which can be used next turn as a Synchro/Link Material. I debated whether I should increase this card's Level or not, but decided to leave it Level 1 to add to its cuteness ^_^. The card is designed for stalling, annoyance and disruption, though. The girl can't be targeted if you control a Beast, the Tokens are beasts. If the opponent kills the Token, everyone gets sad and they skip their next draw Phase. And then you can begin to SS Bad Tamagos to your opponent's field to disrupt their zones in case they heavily play with Links/Pendulums 50% of the time in theory. There's a catch, as it won't hurt the opponent if it Tributes the Bad Tamago as card cost and not as Tribute/material for their summons. So yeah, I guess it's pretty slow to be in Advanced, but fun to play, specially if you eat an egg everyday for breakfast, like me.

As always, critique and comments to make it better are appreciated 🙂 

6 hours ago, morrisoni4 said:

Not bad. I would love to see this turned into an archetype.

An archetype, huh? Nice thinking, maybe I could try. Any suggestions?

3 hours ago, TheWanderingMist said:

This is really minor but don't you need the '' next to the "ko" to make it "go"?

To answer your question:

1687415212_Screenshot2020-08-06at18_58_30.png.5f63e65ad0237feac8c86403becf77a7.png

You're right, but you missed the tenten. It's there, but almost too tiny to be seen xD.

Any comments about the card in itself?

7 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Nice thinking, maybe I could try. Any suggestions?

"Tamago Caller"

Level 2/Spellcaster/Effect/500/500

Your opponent cannot target other non-Token "Tamago" monsters you control for attacks, except "Tamago Caller". If this card is attacked: Special Summon one "Belligerent Tomago Token" (Beast/LIGHT Level 1 ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position and change the attack target to that it. While you control a Beast monster, you take no battle damage from battles involving Defense Position monsters you control. If this card inflicts battle damage: Special Summon one "Lazy Tomago Token" (Beast/LIGHT Level 1 ATK 0/DEF 0) to your opponent's field in Defense Position. It cannot be Tributed or destroyed by Spell or Trap effects.

1 hour ago, morrisoni4 said:

"Tamago Caller"

Level 2/Spellcaster/Effect/500/500

Your opponent cannot target other non-Token "Tamago" monsters you control for attacks, except "Tamago Caller". If this card is attacked: Special Summon one "Belligerent Tomago Token" (Beast/LIGHT Level 1 ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position and change the attack target to that it. While you control a Beast monster, you take no battle damage from battles involving Defense Position monsters you control. If this card inflicts battle damage: Special Summon one "Lazy Tomago Token" (Beast/LIGHT Level 1 ATK 0/DEF 0) to your opponent's field in Defense Position. It cannot be Tributed or destroyed by Spell or Trap effects.

Alrighty, this is cool Morris, I love the Token names xD. Suddenly, they changed to Tomago instead of Tamago, though, haha. Ok, I'll keep this one but make some adjustments to it:

Tamago Caller

Level 2 / Spellcaster / Effect / ATK 900 / DEF 450

Non-Token "Tamago" monsters you control cannot be targeted for attacks, except this one. If this card is attacked: You can Special Summon 1 "Belligerent Tamago Token" (Beast/FIRE/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position, then change the attack target to it. If this card inflicts battle damage: You can Special Summon 1 "Lazy Tamago Token" (Beast/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to your opponent's field. It cannot be used as material. Negate the effects of cards in adjacent zones to a "Lazy Tamago Token", even if this card leaves the field. You can only use each effect of "Tamago Caller" once per turn.

Ok then, first effect is mostly left as you suggested. Changed the effects so they're not mandatory, removed the damage protection effect for Piercing because... I don't know, I feel it's good but somehow out of place (might give it to another member) and changed the last effect. Laziness is contagious, hence the effect xP.

Thanks for the new card idea ^_^

13 hours ago, morrisoni4 said:

Hey, good idea with the change there! Happy to help!

You inspired me to make some stuff. I dunno if I should keep creating cards right here or I should stop and create a new topic in Multiples? I've seen @Dr. Jolly Glot the III knows well the rules of the site, let's ask him ^_^

Anywho, I'll make add another card hoping I'm not at fault >_<''

Tamago Mouse

EARTH // Level 2 // Beast/Effect // ATK 800 / DEF 400

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand or Deck) by Tributing 1 "Tamago" Token you control. If Summoned this way: You can add 1 "Tamago" Spell from your Deck to your hand. While you control another Beast monster, this card can attack directly. If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 "Tamago" monster in your GY; Special Summon that target.

5 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Tamago Mouse

EARTH // Level 2 // Beast/Effect // ATK 800 / DEF 400

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand or Deck) by Tributing 1 "Tamago" Token you control. If Summoned this way: You can add 1 "Tamago" Spell from your Deck to your hand. While you control another Beast monster, this card can attack directly. If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 "Tamago" monster in your GY; Special Summon that target.

Nice! Maybe we should make a new post in Multiples...

Level 1 Warrior is actually pretty nice, "Reinforce Truth" can Special Summon it from the Deck, "Isolde" can too by dropping a single Equip Spell from the Deck to the GY as cost, and all the Level 1 support like "One for One" is on them. Not to mention you can make Formula Synchron so that's always a good thing xD

if you use something like "DNA Surgery" to turn her into a Beast-Type, you can stay protected even through the Tokens getting axed. Or you can use her in a Melffy deck which carries the rest of the disruption you might need.

All in all a pretty cool card.

On 8/7/2020 at 1:04 PM, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

Welp since you guys eager with archetype collab of course all of you take this project to multiples lol

lol sorry to bother you with something so obvious, I just wanted to make sure if we couldn't continue here since it was an impromptu idea that worked along the main card of the topic.

On 8/7/2020 at 5:23 PM, morrisoni4 said:

Nice! Maybe we should make a new post in Multiples...

I'll get back to you on that.

1 hour ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Before we go off on a tangant making this into an archetype, can we just appreciate the uber cuteness of this card?

hehe, yeah, I'm a fan of that artist. I wonder if any of them will grow to become the Mega Ultra Chicken xD

48 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Level 1 Warrior is actually pretty nice, "Reinforce Truth" can Special Summon it from the Deck, "Isolde" can too by dropping a single Equip Spell from the Deck to the GY as cost, and all the Level 1 support like "One for One" is on them. Not to mention you can make Formula Synchron so that's always a good thing xD

if you use something like "DNA Surgery" to turn her into a Beast-Type, you can stay protected even through the Tokens getting axed. Or you can use her in a Melffy deck which carries the rest of the disruption you might need.

All in all a pretty cool card.

Thanks, Sleepy! As always, 'dat impressive card knowledge, I didn't even know Reinforce Truth existed xD.

Ahhh... those Melffys. Holy moly, I',m not sure about them xP. it's pretty obvious by now that I like cute things, but those fellas are even a step ahead of Madolches, running a deck of those is pretty much guaranteed diabetes. But I must admit, I like their dodgy playstyle, and maybe this card or some of the stuff mentioned as archetype possibilities can work along with them. For instance, the Tamago Mouse can be SS'ed from Deck with the Melffy Puppy, etc.

What I like about this card most is how it can fit into an attribute based deck. But that being said, you could drop 3 of these behind Wall of Revealing Light and outright inflict 2000-3000 damage each time the tokens are dropped for something. But speaking of damage, this fits very nicely into a Lava Golem deck. You know, given that you tribute 2 monsters on your opponent's side of the field. So dropping 2 tokens is an auto 2000 damage just for summoming Golem. Follow that up with 2 Solar Flare Dragons to keep Golem from attacking and your opponent literally has 3 turns to figure out what to do.

1 hour ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

What I like about this card most is how it can fit into an attribute based deck. But that being said, you could drop 3 of these behind Wall of Revealing Light and outright inflict 2000-3000 damage each time the tokens are dropped for something. But speaking of damage, this fits very nicely into a Lava Golem deck. You know, given that you tribute 2 monsters on your opponent's side of the field. So dropping 2 tokens is an auto 2000 damage just for summoming Golem. Follow that up with 2 Solar Flare Dragons to keep Golem from attacking and your opponent literally has 3 turns to figure out what to do.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Lava Golem Combo would work. The card specifies it has to be your opponent that Tribute /use as material the Bad Tamago Token to Tribute Summon/SS from Extra Deck to inflict the damage. Not only that, but Lava Golem's Summoning is considered a Special Summon, despite the Tribute part, and the Bad Tamago makes the summoned monster lose its effects.

Talking about combos, I'm thinking of something: Cards that manage your opponent's attacks + A card that can oblige your opponent to attack. Remember that critter called Patrician of Darkness? Imagine you control that guy, Tamago Mouse and this card. Once per turn, you pay 500 LP and summon the Nice Tamago Token. You can hit directly with the Mouse with 800 ATK each turn. When it's the opponent's turn, the card that obliges them to attack comes into effect, and Patrician makes the opponent attack the Token, which is destroyed and makes the opponent skip their next Draw Phase. If there's no counter to this, you've basically won, since the cycle repeats, but there will be one time when you control two Mouses to speed up the process (in case your LP where much lower than the opponent's and cannot pay LP for too long).

I have two doubts, though.

1) If you have Tamago Squad's target protection active with the Mouse and you use Patrician to make the opponent "try" to target her with attacks, is the attack cancelled?

2) s there a card that obliges the opponent to attack? I have a certain memory of a card that says "Must attack, if able" but don't remember much about it. What do you think about these two questions, o wise @Sleepy xD.

If there's no such thing, the answer is simple: another member of the archetype that obliges the opponent to attack *evil laugh ensues*. But that would cause you to need lots of set up for the combo to work. The Mouse can help you with that, though. Man, that Mouse is becoming the MVP xD.

There are a number of monsters that have that effect: Berserk Gorilla being the first that comes to mind. Although, there is Final Attack Orders, Shadow of Eyes and Savage Colosseum that force cards to attack.

Final Attack Orders is nice because it locks the Battle Position of monsters. Savage Colosseum forces monsters to attack and destroys any monsters that didn't declare an attack.

These are interesting cards Horu. I didn't know Final Attack Orders. The problem with the Colosseum is that it will also force my monsters to attack. The idea is to always keep an opponent monster so it kills the Token every turn, but if Tamago Squad has to attack, it will die xD, not to mention Patrician of Darkness will likely kill the opponent's monster. Then again, thanks to your post, I was able to investigate further and found Powered Crawler. It has that effect, BUT it's a level 7 Machine, so to pull the combo, you need Squad, Mouse, Patrician and Crawler, (3 Tributes in total), and do it when the opponent cannot respond X_X. That won't happen. There's also Gladiator Naumachia, but to force the attacks, you must control a Gladiator Beast.

And finally, I found it! Yang Zing Unleashed is the one I was looking for, it forces opponent's attacks and has no drawbacks or conditions, and is a Continuous Trap! So, the combo is ready, but requires 4 specific cards, and 1 that doesn't really fit in the archetype. So, I'll probably make a Tamago monster that manages targets *increasingly wicked laughter ensues*.

8 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Unfortunately, I don't think the Lava Golem Combo would work. The card specifies it has to be your opponent that Tribute /use as material the Bad Tamago Token to Tribute Summon/SS from Extra Deck to inflict the damage. Not only that, but Lava Golem's Summoning is considered a Special Summon, despite the Tribute part, and the Bad Tamago makes the summoned monster lose its effects.

Talking about combos, I'm thinking of something: Cards that manage your opponent's attacks + A card that can oblige your opponent to attack. Remember that critter called Patrician of Darkness? Imagine you control that guy, Tamago Mouse and this card. Once per turn, you pay 500 LP and summon the Nice Tamago Token. You can hit directly with the Mouse with 800 ATK each turn. When it's the opponent's turn, the card that obliges them to attack comes into effect, and Patrician makes the opponent attack the Token, which is destroyed and makes the opponent skip their next Draw Phase. If there's no counter to this, you've basically won, since the cycle repeats, but there will be one time when you control two Mouses to speed up the process (in case your LP where much lower than the opponent's and cannot pay LP for too long).

I have two doubts, though.

1) If you have Tamago Squad's target protection active with the Mouse and you use Patrician to make the opponent "try" to target her with attacks, is the attack cancelled?

2) s there a card that obliges the opponent to attack? I have a certain memory of a card that says "Must attack, if able" but don't remember much about it. What do you think about these two questions, o wise @Sleepy xD.

If there's no such thing, the answer is simple: another member of the archetype that obliges the opponent to attack *evil laugh ensues*. But that would cause you to need lots of set up for the combo to work. The Mouse can help you with that, though. Man, that Mouse is becoming the MVP xD.

-All out Attacks. A Continuous Trap that forces all Special Summoned monsters to change to Attack Position if they aren't already, and must attack that turn.
-Battle Mania. Normal Trap that forces everything to battle that turn.
-Equip Shot. Normal Trap that forces 2 monsters to battle so long as your monster gives something equipped to it to your opponent's monster. It doesn't matter who is attacking who or if the attacker already battled that turn.
-Final Turn. (banned) Normal Trap that forces 2 monsters to battle and the winner wins the Duel, but it has some extra clauses behind it.
-Amazoness Archers. Normal Trap (archetype bound). If your opponent attacks and you have an Amazoness monster, all their monsters lose 500 ATK and must attack. Also, all monsters that aren't are changed to attack position without triggering flips.

I've got the feeling there's more cards but for now that's all that comes to mind.
Savage Colosseum was already mentioned, and there's also the opposite cards like Ancient Forest, or Descounterblow, that punish the attackers instead.

14 hours ago, Sleepy said:

-All out Attacks. A Continuous Trap that forces all Special Summoned monsters to change to Attack Position if they aren't already, and must attack that turn.
-Battle Mania. Normal Trap that forces everything to battle that turn.
-Equip Shot. Normal Trap that forces 2 monsters to battle so long as your monster gives something equipped to it to your opponent's monster. It doesn't matter who is attacking who or if the attacker already battled that turn.
-Final Turn. (banned) Normal Trap that forces 2 monsters to battle and the winner wins the Duel, but it has some extra clauses behind it.
-Amazoness Archers. Normal Trap (archetype bound). If your opponent attacks and you have an Amazoness monster, all their monsters lose 500 ATK and must attack. Also, all monsters that aren't are changed to attack position without triggering flips.

I've got the feeling there's more cards but for now that's all that comes to mind.
Savage Colosseum was already mentioned, and there's also the opposite cards like Ancient Forest, or Descounterblow, that punish the attackers instead.

Checked all of them, thanks for your help. Definitely, the only one that works for the evil cycle I'm thinking of is Yang Zing Unleashed. As it will oblige the opponent to attack without any drawbacks. But I'm not sure if the "Must attack, if able", means the opponent must change a Defense Position monster to Attack Position and attack with it, or simply keeping it in DP will bypass the effect. In that case, yet another card to keep them at AP is needed. Damn, too many cards for a consistent combo.

But can I bother you again with the other question? If you have a monster with protection to be targeted for attacks , and make use of Patrician to force that monster to be attacked, is the attack cancelled?

4 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Checked all of them, thanks for your help. Definitely, the only one that works for the evil cycle I'm thinking of is Yang Zing Unleashed. As it will oblige the opponent to attack without any drawbacks. But I'm not sure if the "Must attack, if able", means the opponent must change a Defense Position monster to Attack Position and attack with it, or simply keeping it in DP will bypass the effect. In that case, yet another card to keep them at AP is needed. Damn, too many cards for a consistent combo.

But can I bother you again with the other question? If you have a monster with protection to be targeted for attacks , and make use of Patrician to force that monster to be attacked, is the attack cancelled?

No idea to be honest. If I had to guess, I'd say you can't because the way they are worded as in "cannot be targeted by an attack" wouldn't care who is trying to do the attack targeting. Though can't be sure.

As for the other one, if the effect doesn't specify it forces Attack Position, then it doesn't and you indeed dodge these effects, but on the other hand, these battle inducing effects sometimes produce special battles. Like for "Last Turn", the entire battle is part of the effect so I heard no in-between effects allowed (Rush Recklessly and the like included) until it finishes resolving, and by Last Turn's specifics, the game will end before that.

29 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

No idea to be honest. If I had to guess, I'd say you can't because the way they are worded as in "cannot be targeted by an attack" wouldn't care who is trying to do the attack targeting. Though can't be sure.

As for the other one, if the effect doesn't specify it forces Attack Position, then it doesn't and you indeed dodge these effects, but on the other hand, these battle inducing effects sometimes produce special battles. Like for "Last Turn", the entire battle is part of the effect so I heard no in-between effects allowed (Rush Recklessly and the like included) until it finishes resolving, and by Last Turn's specifics, the game will end before that.

Again, this is very helpful, thanks. Seems like there are too many "ifs and buts" in this strategy, as it is right now I believe I should make new cards in the archetype that helps with each part of the gimmick. Incidentally, I don't know why I'm so set now in trying to find a way, the card is not about it and the tactic is in itself pretty underhanded xD. If Morris and I come to make the archetype, I'll still probably keep a way to go with it, but won't be the main win condition of the deck.

I think the "Attack if able" pertains to cards like Panther Warrior, which requires a tribute to attack. So essentially, if Panther Warrior is face-up and no available tributes, it is technically immune to your Trap Card. BUT if you have Savage Colosseum out and Panther Warrior is unable to comply with Yang Zing, it will be destroyed.

Archived