[Written] 5-Minute Crafts

TheBlackCatter

22 hours ago, TheBlackCatter said:

Element Mastery (open)

[Equip Spell]

When the equipped monster declares an attack, you can change what Attribute it is before battle calculation.

I like Elemental swapping. I just think it'd be simpler if you make this an ignition effect that activates during the Main Phase. Minor nitpick, really. I think I'll do something to complement.

~~~~~

Element Forge

Equip Spell

Once per turn: You can target 1 monster in your GY; banish it, and if you do, the monster this card is equipped to is treated as also having the Attribute of the banished monster. At the start of the Damage Step, if the monster this card is equipped to battles a face-up monster: Destroy that monster if it has the opposite Attribute to the monster this card is equipped to.

***Opposite might sound weird, but it's an invented term I have used for some of my cards. Essentially, opposite would be

LIGHT <-> DARK
FIRE <-> WATER
WIND <-> EARTH

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Element Nullification Array (open)

{Continuous Trap]

This card cannot be activated if there are any Continuous Traps on the field. If a card effect targets or requires a monster's Attribute, negate that effect for as long as this card is on the field. Destroy this card if your opponent activates a Continuous Trap.

Act of Pity (open)

[Trap]

If your opponent's card effect or attack would reduce your Life Points to 0, your opponent can activate one of two effects:

* Negate the effect/attack and end your opponent's turn if it is their turn.

* You gain Life Points equal to the damage the attack/effect would have caused.

Glad to see someone else made a Normal Monster.

Corrupted Hero

Level 8        DARK

Fiend

In times past, he was a noble young swordsman who'd boldly challenge the forces of evil and triumphed over them time an again. Alas, in a tragic day, during a battle in which he had to face his dark self, he sustained a terrible wound. Though victorious in the end, the warrior's soul became infected, and little by little, he was devoured. In the present, he has become a deadly shadow with a corrupted mind, and he won't rest unless everything he once knew is destroyed completely.

ATK 2900 / DEF 2700

I mean, I've created them before, but sometimes I run out of cool ideas and need to add fluff pieces that could cascade into better ideas. Speaking of fluff...

Stacked Deck of Kardcards (open)

[Continuous Spell]

All "Kardcard" monsters you control can, once per turn, not be destroyed by battle or card effect. If you control "Master of Cards" then all of your monsters are treated as if they also have the name "Kardcard Monster". If "Master of Cards" is destroyed, destroy this card, and if this card is destroyed then draw a card for every "Kardcard" monster on the field.

Cemetery Burglar

Level 4         EARTH

Warrior / Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. When your opponent sends a card(s) from their hand or Deck to the GY: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Twice per turn, when exactly 1 card in your opponent's possession is sent to the GY, it is sent to your GY instead, then, if that card is a monster, gain LP equal to that monster's Level x100, or Rank x200, or Link Rating x300.

ATK 1400 / DEF 850

Transmission Lull (open)

[Spell]

Until your next Stand-By Phase, neither player can activate card effects. If a card effect is activated in response to this card's activation, (Quick Effect): you can instead target one card on the field and negate its effects for the rest of the game, and you cannot activate any card effects until your next Stand-By Phase.

Fortified Walls

Continuous Spell

Rock monsters you control gain 1000 DEF. Any direct damage you'd take becomes 0. Your opponent cannot attack you directly. Once per turn, during your End Phase: Tribute 1 Rock monster on the field (even if you do not control it) or destroy this card.

Stone of Permanence (open)

[Lv. 2 | Earth]

Rock/Tuner/Effect

If this monster, while on the field, would be Tributed or Sacrificed by a card effect, treat that effect as resolved but keep this monster on the field. If this monster would be destroyed by battle, pay 1000 Life Points to keep it on the field. This monster cannot be removed from the graveyard once it enters it, and if it would be banished then send it to the graveyard instead.

ATK: 500  DEF: 500

8 hours ago, TheBlackCatter said:

Stone of Permanence (open)

[Lv. 2 | Earth]

Rock/Tuner/Effect

If this monster, while on the field, would be Tributed or Sacrificed by a card effect, treat that effect as resolved but keep this monster on the field. If this monster would be destroyed by battle, pay 1000 Life Points to keep it on the field. This monster cannot be removed from the graveyard once it enters it, and if it would be banished then send it to the graveyard instead.

ATK: 500  DEF: 500

a couple questions

1. What does "sacrificed" mean?

2. Is the keep it on the field if it would be destroyed by battle effect mandatory?

2 minutes ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

a couple questions

1. What does "sacrificed" mean?

2. Is the keep it on the field if it would be destroyed by battle effect mandatory?

I'd actually take sacrifice for a synonym of Tribute, but Tribute is also there. Perhaps he means Tribute by Tribute Summon and sacrifice -> Tribute to pay card effect cost. About 2), It's mandatory, because it says "pay", not "you can pay". This is pretty dangerous. If it's caught by the opponent in Attack Position and is able to overpower it with more than 1 mob, you got that you receive normal battle damage + 1000 dmg everytime, which is bad stuff. It really needs the "You can".

I understand how dangerous that could be, but think of the power this monster gives to things like Ritual Summons, Tribute Summons, and card effects that require the tributing of a monster to activate an effect. If the card effect calls for a monster to be tributed or sacrificed (used that word because I think there are a few cards that use that) the it treats the effect as resolved but the monster stays on the field. So you could Ritual Summon a monster using this card by trying to tribute it, only to have the effect resolve and allowing for the summoning of the Ritual monster. Unless I'm missing what an effect's resolution means, the cost balances with the utility.

Mystical Quarry (open)

[Field Spell]

If a monster is attacked and is still on the field after the battle's resolution, the monster's owner draws one card and the Battle Phase ends.

Law Of The Jungle

SPELL

Field

Effect: Non-Pendulum Normal Monsters require 1 less Tribute to Tribute Summon. During the Battle Phase, all monster effects on the field are negated, and monsters cannot activate their effects. During the End Phase, if a Non-Pendulum Normal Monster destroyed an opponent's monster by battle this turn, it gains 500 ATK. This ATK gain remains even if this card leaves the field or if that monster becomes unaffected by card effects.

Open. I think the name pretty much explains what inspired this card.

Catter friend, I insist in that you should avoid using "sacrifice" at all costs. It might be true that there are cards with the term "sacrifice" in them, but if they exist, I have no doubt they're old as heck cards that were released prior to PSCT. I can assure you 1000000% the term sacrifice is not used anymore. Use Tribute (with capital T), it is used for both the Tribute for Tribute summon, and tribute for cards that ask Tribute as cost to pay for their effects 😄.  As for the effect, I agree it's a stronk card, but it warrants the flexibility. To compensate, a HOPT clause. It absolutely needs it n.n

~~~~

Astral Projection

Continuous Spell

Once per turn: You can reveal 1 monster in your hand; Special Summon 1 Token with the same Name, Type, Attribute, Level, ATK and DEF as the revealed monster, but it cannot be used as Tribute or material for a Summon, except for the Summon of a Psychic monster. During the End Phase: Destroy that Token.

On 6/17/2021 at 12:58 AM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Catter friend, I insist in that you should avoid using "sacrifice" at all costs. It might be true that there are cards with the term "sacrifice" in them, but if they exist, I have no doubt they're old as heck cards that were released prior to PSCT. I can assure you 1000000% the term sacrifice is not used anymore.

I was going to say I thought the old Ritual Magic cards did that, but no, they just use offer instead of Tribute.

44 minutes ago, TheWanderingMist said:

I was going to say I thought the old Ritual Magic cards did that, but no, they just use offer instead of Tribute.

I was unable to find or remember any cards with "sacrifice" in them, but looking up at Yugipedia, this article tells us the following:

Tributing, called releasing (Japanese: リリース Rirīsu) in Japanese media and the English dub of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, is a method of sending cards from the hand or field to the Graveyard. In the TCG, "Tribute" is used as a verb; previously, it was phrased as "offer as a Tribute", called sacrifice (生いけ贄にえに捧ささげる Ikenie ni Sasageru) in the OCG and the Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX anime.

I'm almost sure I have seen cards with the "sacrifice" wording in its name like Catter says, but it might be my mind playing games on me. At any rate, as the article says, it's correct in the OCG and anime, but we should avoid using it in TCG.

13 hours ago, TheBlackCatter said:

Rules of Semantics (open)

[Continuous Spell]

If a card you control activates an effect, treat it as a Quick Effect except when that effect already states the effect is treated as a Quick Effect. If more than 5 card effects are activated on your turn, destroy this card.

Is this meant to allow you to use effects on your opponent's turn you normally wouldn't be able to?

4 hours ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

Is this meant to allow you to use effects on your opponent's turn you normally wouldn't be able to?

There's a problem with the original wording. Quick Effects are monster exclusive, what in the old days was called "During either player's turn" and later became (this is a Quick Effect) then to the current (Quick Effect). This shouldn't be confused with Fast Effects, or Spell Speed 2 effects (All Traps except Counter, Quick Effect mons and Quick-Play Spells). I believe Catter's intention is to give any Spell Speed 1 effect (from any generic card) a Spell Speed 2. We have a bit of trouble here, as I've never seen these terms inside cards, they're just part of the official terms you find in instruction booklets. Regardless of this, sometimes when you invent effects not already in existence, I believe it's ok to use stuff not in use currently, and in this case:

You can activate Spell Speed 1 effects as Spell Speed 2 effects. If you activate more than 5 effects during your turn: Destroy this card.

As simple as this xD

Blood-sucking Marshmallow (open)

Level 4                                                     DARK

Fiend / Union / Effect

Once per turn, you can either: Equip this card to any monster on the field OR: Special Summon this card to your field. This card is treated as being in your control even if it's in your opponent's field. Once per turn, during the Standby Phase of the player who controls a monster that is equipped with this card: the turn player takes 500 damage, also the monster this card is equipped to loses 1000 ATK. If the ATK of a monster that is equipped with this card becomes 0, banish it, face-down, then Special Summon this card, also it gains ATK equal to the number of times it lowered that monster's ATK x500.

ATK 500 / DEF 1000

I just made a Fusion using Marshmallon and I said, eh, let's do this xD

On 6/3/2021 at 1:56 AM, TheBlackCatter said:

Element Mastery (open)

[Equip Spell]

When the equipped monster declares an attack, you can change what Attribute it is before battle calculation.

This could be very useful in duels where the opponent shuts down a single (or multiple!) attribute(s). I'll use my six samurai deck as an example: when I normal summon Shien's Advisor I can shut down any attribute (as in no attacking or special summoning) as long as It's on the field.

spwaen046__60544.1510775047.jpg

Archived