Krow's TCG Collection

Mr. Best Male 2008

Have a thread on the other site but I'll cross post here to keep activity on both up.

First post will be one of my favourites. This is the 225th YCS Del Rio top cut playmat. Only 8 of these exist in the world and never had an official release. Fortunately this event was canceled due to COVID concerns. This mat is a nice piece of Yugioh history now. Since the event was canceled Konami destroyed all but 8 of these mats and handed the survivors out to the judges/assistants for the event. My favourite thing about the mat is that the background is the Brazilian flag. 

PR1Zrfh.jpg

9 hours ago, Nobody Really said:

Nice. But what is the monster card next to your notebooks?

I think that's Al-Lum'Raj. 

9 hours ago, Godbrand said:

Where's consuming aberration? No collection is complete without consuming aberration! 

Only MTG I collect/still have is Portal Three Kingdoms. Once I get off my ass with finishing the set I'll move on to picking up some Beta stuff.

These are the Lucky Box Gods from Korea. There were only 5400 boxes made of this set (rumored to be closer to 4500-5000 released however). Each box had one random God in it. So there are maximum 1800 sets of these out there. Posting these early as I do not have them in the mail yet. My mail from Korea is usually slow so I don't expect to see them for 1-2 months. Sad thing about these cards is I was actually supposed to be in Korea and Japan in a week to pick these up and shop around for other cool collectibles but COVID canceled that for me. I can only travel around Christmas due to work so I have to book shit off hella early. I'll be picking up a handful of these boxes sealed coming up due to the limited print I believe having them sealed would be pretty cool.

8WJhgBh.jpg

Like the 225th YCS playmat only 8 of these exist in the world. Difference is they only made 8 of these. They destroyed the rest of the 225th so there was only 8 left. I've had the privilege of owning 2/8 of these mats. I sold one and will probably move this one as well to a Harpie collector who will appreciate it more than I do.

X2qPW0k.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 3:07 AM, Mr. Best Male 2008 said:

I think that's Al-Lum'Raj. 

Only MTG I collect/still have is Portal Three Kingdoms. Once I get off my ass with finishing the set I'll move on to picking up some Beta stuff.

These are the Lucky Box Gods from Korea. There were only 5400 boxes made of this set (rumored to be closer to 4500-5000 released however). Each box had one random God in it. So there are maximum 1800 sets of these out there. Posting these early as I do not have them in the mail yet. My mail from Korea is usually slow so I don't expect to see them for 1-2 months. Sad thing about these cards is I was actually supposed to be in Korea and Japan in a week to pick these up and shop around for other cool collectibles but COVID canceled that for me. I can only travel around Christmas due to work so I have to book shit off hella early. I'll be picking up a handful of these boxes sealed coming up due to the limited print I believe having them sealed would be pretty cool.

8WJhgBh.jpg

let's go to Japan together next year 👀

Nah. They kinda nerfed Ra pretty bad. They even took away its Tributes=ATK/DEF effect that actually would've made it worth summoning to begin with. Don't know bout you, but I ain't dropping 3 badass monsters for a Lv10 that has 0 ATK/DEF and will eat my LP like a fat kid eats cake.

20 hours ago, Nobody Really said:

Nah. They kinda nerfed Ra pretty bad. They even took away its Tributes=ATK/DEF effect that actually would've made it worth summoning to begin with. Don't know bout you, but I ain't dropping 3 badass monsters for a Lv10 that has 0 ATK/DEF and will eat my LP like a fat kid eats cake.

That is a fact I prefer to summon obelisk or slifer i could care less for ra I just keep it for my collection 

Edited by MadaraUchiha1

On 1/11/2021 at 10:15 AM, Nobody Really said:

12 hours ago, MadaraUchiha1 said:

That is a fact I prefer to summon obelisk or slifer i could care less for ra I just keep it for my collection 

You shouldn't be summoning any of them ever. They are all awful.

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted in awhile. I have a really unique piece coming sometime this week that I'll post so here is some small stuff to fill the gap.

Mechanicalchaser - TP1. The very first Tournament Pack ultra rare. This is one of the most nostalgic cards from my childhood. I remember being jealous back in the day when I saw one of these in a binder.

3yRuFIQ.jpeg

Next up are some TP2 PSA 10 commons. The first batch of these I have. Currently in the process of building the full set in PSA 10. TP2 is my favourite and most nostalgic set from the TP series. Absolutely love the card art they have.

645LTPE.jpg

YCSJ Sky Striker Scissors Cross. Limited to 3000 copies with the YCSJ Nagoya set.

xlmw7nI.jpeg

Edited by Mr. Best Male 2008
  • Like 1

In response to Horu's comment on my AMA.

French Canadian Dark Magician from Quebec's Duelist League 1 in 2003. There was also a Blue-Eyes from this event. This card is so rare I only know of 5 in the past 18 years this card has been released. Card so rare they had to use mine for the Yugipedia gallery. I strongly believe this to be the second rarest Dark Magician after SL00, but those aren't meant to exist anyways. This card and the Blue-Eyes are unique because the foiling is ultra rare, but the name is pure silver like old rares are. Very cool card I am proud to own.

5i2rQp7.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A huge update related to my last post. Was excited to get these in the mail today. I managed to track down another Dark Magician and the Blue-Eyes. I've only ever seen one other Blue-Eyes so this is the second photographed and first public. These are by far my favourite pieces of my collection. I am quite proud to own both the set of these and have an extra copy of the Dark Magician. I'll upload a video to showcase the silver name.

rtesqyv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SFvIaNH.mp4 Not sure if it'll show it fully here mught be a link

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Thank you @YCMaker for unarchiving this. I've had these for awhile now but haven't posted these yet. They don't look like much but these are the rarest prints of Blue-Eyes and Dark Magician and the absolute highlight of my collection. These are from SL00 which was a set from 2017. SL00 were beta decks designed for feedback on a new way to play Yugioh (later became Speed Duels). These were handed out to only a select few stores in Europe and one store in Australia. The stores were required to return these decks to Konami after the event but four decks were leaked. There are only four to eight copies (some cards had 2x in the decks) of each SL00 card in the world. I have one of the entire decks minus Flute of Summoning Dragon and Toon Table of Content. If you'd like to read more on these cards or see the full set because I'm too lazy to take a picture of each card check this out https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Demo_Speed_Dueling_kit

9jpdJ3Y.jpg

• Like 2