[Major Update] Chthoniankaiser Dragon - the Ender of Everything | Chthonian Emperor Dragon, retrain to seize its predecessor glory!

Dokutah

vjcxjCR.jpg

Chthoniankaiser Dragon - the Ender of Everything

FIRE / Level 8 / Dragon / Gemini

This card is card is treated as a Normal Monster while in your Possession. While this card is face-up on the field, You can either Normal or Tribute Summon it to have it treated as Effect Monster with this effect

● Monsters that used a Gemini monster(s) as a Tribute(s) or Material(s) cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. Each time a card(s) is sent to the GY by battle or by the effect of a Gemini monster, inflict 300 damage to your opponent.  While you control this Tribute Summoned monster at the end of your Draw Phase, Main Phase 1, or Battle Phase (Quick Effect): You can pay 2000 LP; skip to the start of that same phase of your next turn, but you cannot Summon, attack, or activate the effect(s) of monsters that turn, except Gemini monsters, also, you cannot use this effect of "Chthoniankaiser Dragon - the Ender of Everything" until the end of that turn.

ATK 2900 / DEF 2000

Shout out to @PrimeAceJohn for the art! you guys should look more of the fella

DESIGN NOTES:

you probably thinking..."why in hell Cthonian Emperor Dragon" deserve all of these? And why its way similar if not slightly more powerful Chaos Emperor Dragon?' Well a bit of lore fellow kids, Konami does make CthonianED as the counterpart to CED. So any upgrades basically based on marrying both the dragons effect (thats sounds...wrong) but of course with the a balance but powerful personal touch (With some agenda to make gemini pool better) which, unless its its OP then its pretty much "why not?" 

Double attack of Cthonian is upgraded by using Yata-Lock as inspiration to become phase doubling to emulate the repeated turns that occure on that lock (of course the fair version of it) while also emulate "attacking twice" via double battle phase. As for the cost and penalties im trying to balance with the appropriately expensive and harsh ones since doubling phase its really strong effect to have on a card. But then i thought it might be TOO fair for end game cards thats already has its hurdles and this much penalites going for it so im adding the discount gimmick that promote and reward you to properly summon it while also retain the original LP cost of CED of 1000 (since with each tribute summon you half the cist from 4000>2000>1000)

protection effect is the needed icing for this card to ensure your investment on summoning this while also protecting some of the best cards in gemini line up as long you properly play them as gemini deck

REVISION:

Well fine peoples we majorly buff the card so the phase doubling effects works the same as Mischief of the time goddess for more gemini utilities especially for extra Normal summon (which also flavor bonus since the Zombie counter part of CthonianED which is Doomkaiser Dragon deals with summon based effects)

This is a cool upgrade.  It keeps the double attacks, but adds in the ability to get there.  It also provides a ton of blanket protection for high-level gemini cards/extra deck cards that use geminis.

This card is extremely powerful, but it is completely balanced out by the fact that it is both a high level Gemini (making it slow and tough to use in the first place) and almost entirely reliant on actually tribute summoning it to get the most out of its effects.  Overall, I think it's nicely well-balanced.

Just some possible text fixes:

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while in your Possession. While this card is face-up on the field, You can either Normal or Tribute Summon it to have it treated as Effect Monster with this effect

● Monsters that used a Gemini monster(s) as a Tribute(s) or Material(s) cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. Each time a card(s) is sent to the GY by battle or by the effect of a Gemini monster, inflict 300 damage to your opponent.  Halve the amount of LP to activate the following effect for each time this card on the field was Tribute Summoned.  While you control this Normal Summoned monster at the end of your Draw Phase, Main Phase 1, or Battle Phase (Quick Effect): You can pay 4000 LP; conduct a 2nd of such phase, but you cannot Summon, attack, or activate the effect(s) of monsters for the rest of this turn, except Gemini monsters.  You can only use this effect of "Chthoniankaiser Dragon - the Ender of Everything" once per turn.

(Can I just add: I love the "Normal monster in your possession" touch)

Changes:

• Changed the burn effect to be continuous (A slight buff. Opponent cannot actually respond to the burn damage)
  • Removed some of the excess LP halving conditions (there is no way for the card to be tribute summoned outside of the hand/field)
  • Specified that the 4000 LP effect is a quick effect and added a more precise time condition (Made things a little clearer, but it is a slight debuff since it can't actually use its quick effect to respond to anything.)
  • Capitalized/Decapitalized some stuff to fit with PSCT.

Of course, you can roll back any of these changes if it doesn't fit with the card's intent.

Cheers!

I LOVE THE CHANGES SUGGESTION @Mr Melon

Especially that burn buff and the added precision to the timing. While the rest still pretty much faithful the original

Technically its midnight in my timezone so im gonna do the changes tomorrow~

36 minutes ago, Mr Melon said:

(Can I just add: I love the "Normal monster in your possession" touch)

note that down konami this is how gemini supposed to work lol.

On serious note this does help gemini alot in application. Making them less akward with normal monster support we had 

Fun Fact: I can actually read the card's effect, but due to eye strain I think I'll need to use glasses from now on xD

Tinkerer made some seriously nice job on the grammar! In that case, I'll just have to focus on the card's effect. I've never been a great fan of Gemini critters, imo no matter how hard you try to focus on builds to make them relatively fast, they end up short on the task. Honestly, the effect I like the most is not the possible double Battle Phase that gets halved more and more, but the capability to give protection effects to mobs summoned using Gemini monsters.

5 hours ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

On serious note this does help gemini alot in application. Making them less akward with normal monster support we had 

I have an idea: What about using a "Note" System. Something like:

"Note the number of times a card with this card's name has been Normal or Tribute Summoned" Halve the amount of LP to activate the following effect for each time a card with this card's name on the field was Tribute Summoned....

Welp, just a funny idea of mine. This would allow you to use the double battle phase effect with ever decreasing cost, allowing for faster use of said effect, and perhaps allowing you to have 2 or so copies of the card, since they'll share the "Note" effect.

While its still have the harsh penalty i dont think infinitely discounting the LP cost will be intuitive even with prospect of adding a bit of speed (which kinda redundant since this guy is more like end game card rather than combo piece even though it has resource effect) . Though to be fair, adding speed to gemini IS tricky. Konami almost succesful doing it with Chemcritter but then they dont really follow up to that. That being said the "Note" wording is appealing changes

Oh oh @Mr Melon im actually wanna to upgrade this card one more time with the following:

1) making the phase doubling works like Mischief of the Time Goddess (with balancing of course)

2) reimplement the main phase option for phase doubling effect, which become less redundant with Mischief effect (the original intent for main phase doubling us to emulate "Double Summon" anyway which the 1st version of phase doubling fail to do so since the doubled main phase is still on same turn = still no extra normal summon)

3) change the LP cost to 1000 (faithful to CED side of card) which also means remove the the cost halving gimmick while providing space for the 1) changes. Also it ease player from tracking numbers

Reason for upgrade not just for the yata-lock flavor but support geminis gimmick by allowing them to access that artificial speeds for summons and effects 

Yay or Nay?

It's funny, I was going to do Mischief of the Time Goddess wording, but I decided against it because... actually, I don't remember why.  I think it was because something something being able to get 2 battle phases in the same turn?  I don't remember...

In any case, yeah, I agree that wording works a lot better.  Reducing the other effect to 1000 sounds a bit too cheap though.  On average, I'd assume players who summon this would normally only manage to tribute summon it once, so 2000 would be the usual number and it feels a lot more fair for such a powerful effect.  I will put 1000 in the rewording, but you can decide from there.

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while in your Possession. While this card is face-up on the field, You can either Normal or Tribute Summon it to have it treated as Effect Monster with this effect

● Monsters that used a Gemini monster(s) as a Tribute(s) or Material(s) cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. Each time a card(s) is sent to the GY by battle or by the effect of a Gemini monster, inflict 300 damage to your opponent.  While you control this Normal Summoned monster at the end of your Draw Phase, Main Phase 1, or Battle Phase (Quick Effect): You can pay 1000 LP; skip to the start of that phase of your next turn, but you cannot Summon, attack, or activate the effect(s) of monsters that turn, except Gemini monsters, also, you cannot use this effect of "Chthoniankaiser Dragon - the Ender of Everything" until the end of that turn.

• Dokutah changed the title to [Major Update] Chthoniankaiser Dragon - the Ender of Everything | Chthonian Emperor Dragon, retrain to seize its predecessor glory!

@Dokutah Jolly This Should be the New Effect

This card cannot be Special Summoned. When Normal summoned: This Card gains its Effect and Its Effects cannot be Negated by other card effects While you control either a non-effect or a Gemini You can Normal Summon This card without a Tribute.

● Monsters that used a Gemini monster(s) as a Tribute(s) or Material(s) cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. Each time a card(s) is sent to the GY by battle or by the effect of a Gemini monster, inflict 500 damage to your opponent, also during your normal draw phase you can draw 1 more card, but you cannot draw cards by card effect expect by this cards effect. While you control this face-up monster at the end of your Draw Phase, Main Phase 1, or Battle Phase (Quick Effect): You can pay 1000 LP; skip to the start of that same phase of your next turn, but you cannot attack, also all of your monsters ATK/DEF is Changed to 0, expect monster that you Special Summoned this turn, also, you cannot use this effect of "Chthoniankaiser Dragon - the Ender of Everything" until the end of this turn.

1 hour ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

@Zamazentathis is the second time you post your own cards in someone else's thread that's not formatted for collaboration, its consider spamming and its rude. especially since you don't really review my card in return

be patience for heaven sake, me and the people you tag review you cards is a human being too. we have lives and our own activities/creation just like my post here heck i also have to be fair to other user and review their cards. while we glad the site activity is rising better and better and we glad to give reviews in return its still doesn't mean we have to do babysitting job like every single day

@Dokutah Jolly I'm Sorry Thought it was Relevant since your Talking About dragon Cards

8 minutes ago, Zamazenta said:

When Normal summoned: This Card gains its Effect and Its Effects cannot be Nageted by other card effects While you control either a non-effect or a Gemini You can Normal Summon This card without a Tribute.

why you suggest change to the Gemini clause? can you explain it to me?

@Dokutah Jolly No Known Gemini monsters have to Normal Summon Twic your doing 4 Old Scholl Tirbutes witch kills any Viable But at least you can't Chect it out with a Special Summon Because it cannot be Special Summon 2 It ruiqures No Effects Monster or bad Normal Monsters or Good Gemini to be on the field No Effect monsters Expect Gemini monsters thats why I changed the Gemini clause? because it hinders it.

@Dokutah Jolly I'm not saying Gemini monsters are bad Why do even hell Normal Summon Gemini monsters twice just to gain there effects theres a Reason nobody Plays Normal Monsters Anymore and its just about The Extra Deck This era Why does the Gemini clause? even exist?

@Dokutah Jolly If are would to give give card out of 10 it would have to be 9.5/10 Its little too balanced and have too many draw backs I'm not Saying your cards suck I'm saying that this is a good card but it doesn't have to have harsh Restrictions or draws backs I'm not Saying Drawbacks or Restrictions are bad but it should have only 1 or 2 Drawbacks and or Restrictions to its effects but yeah its a Good Card Especially Being a Dragon Type Monster those are always good

3 minutes ago, Zamazenta said:

I'm Sorry Thought it was Relevant since your Talking About dragon Cards

@Dokutah Jolly I'm not a big fan on Gemini monsters because you have to Normal Summon them Twice to gain the effects and that is Espcially bad if its a High Level Gemini monster Gemini clause would hurt that card but I balanced it so it won't be too OP you take up your Normal Summon also it cannot be Speical Summon

there a bit truth in it but i decide to keep the gemini clause. the thing is the bad things that happen with geminis in general its kinda addressed in some capacity of the other. in a past Union Monster is a trash typing but with a right support and retrain they manage to take the meta (ABC Dragon Buster) heck even the support card is borderline broken (Union Carrier).  konami almost done the same with gemini archetype Chemcritter especially their amazing field spell Spark World also the warrior structure deck introduce some innovation for geminis . so more of a question of "when" for gemini monster to be viable.

in the other hand making it lose gemini typing also not fitting the lore. and i equally care about the lore as the mechanic

its just happen that i make this card specifically as end game boss so it will not contribute that much to the gemini in general. i let other card to take that slot, not all cards have to be 1 card answer since making such cards is usually end up overpowered

3 minutes ago, Zamazenta said:

Your Cards have Good Effects but well... It should also reward the player who brought this Badass Dragon out Properly.

the thing you missed is that i also improved the gemini component, making it treated as normal anywhere using possession wording means this card this get a ton good support compared to normal gemini, like access to Hieratics. also you technically only to have to tribute summon this cards once on the face-up and event then you have to understand that the official rulling for high level gemini is that you dont have to tribute again to awaken its effects. my card is a bit special case i personally design

arguebly if this card not gemini especially with your suggestion of making it cannot be negated it will be overpowered. you have no idea how powerful phase doubling is

https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Catalyst_Field here this should help ot with the New Gemini

5 minutes ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

there a bit truth in it but i decide to keep the gemini clause. the thing is the bad things that happen with geminis in general its kinda addressed in some capacity of the other. in a past Union Monster is a trash typing but with a right support and retrain they manage to take the meta (ABC Dragon Buster) heck even the support card is borderline broken (Union Carrier).  konami almost done the same with gemini archetype Chemcritter especially their amazing field spell Spark World also the warrior structure deck introduce some innovation for geminis . so more of a question of "when" for gemini monster to be viable.

in the other hand making it lose gemini typing also not fitting the lore. and i equally care about the lore as the mechanic

its just happen that i make this card specifically as end game boss so it will not contribute that much to the gemini in general. i let other card to take that slot, not all cards have to be 1 card answer since making such cards is usually end up overpowered

the thing you missed is that i also improved the gemini component, making it treated as normal anywhere using possession wording means this card this get a ton good support compared to normal gemini, like access to Hieratics. also you technically only to have to tribute summon this cards once on the face-up and event then you have to understand that the official rulling for high level gemini is that you dont have to tribute again to awaken its effects. my card is a bit special case i personally design

arguebly if this card not gemini especially with your suggestion of making it cannot be negated it will be overpowered. you have no idea how powerful phase doubling is

@Dokutah Jolly You can't Control any Effect Monsters to Summon it

1 minute ago, Zamazenta said:

https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Catalyst_Field here this should help ot with the New Gemini

ah yes i already mention this, though i mention its OCG name. this is precisely why i wont change gemini typing since gemini has some very-very goods cards already its only matter of some extra bits of support to make it viable. thus is not as worse as you think and its justifiable for me to keep the design

5 minutes ago, Zamazenta said:

@Dokutah Jolly You can't Control any Effect Monsters to Summon it

what are you talking about?

Archived