[VJMP] Deep Sea Répétiteur

https://ygorganization.com/korrepetitorlookitup/

image.png.b1c5349cb968b012f2462112135bdc92.png

Level 5/WATER/Sea-Serpent/Synchro/Tuner/Effect
“Deep Sea Diva” + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
You can only use this card’s 2nd effect once per turn.
(1) Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 Level 4 or lower WATER monster; this card gains 800 ATK, until the end of this turn.
(2) If this Synchro Summoned card is sent to the GY: You can target 1 Level 5 or higher WATER monster in your GY, except “Deep Sea Répétiteur”; Special Summon it in Defense Position, but you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except WATER monsters.
1800/1500

Is it just me or does this one feel... undewhelming?

I suppose it's better that this VJUMP promo is mediocre rather than a necessary component, and it's pretty cool that they brought back the "specific material" Synchro that they dropped, but I guess I was hoping for more.

Now, if they happen to make a Synchro version of Fusion Conscription that lets you play the monster but locks you into Synchros for the turn, that could make this actually interesting.

Essentially, its base stat becomes 2600 while it triggers Atlanteans, Mermails, etc. Plus tuner support. It is alright IMO. It revives you stuff like Coral Dragon for using her as Synchro material (or tributed or linked) without missing timing. You are probably not using her in a non WATER deck so the drawback doesnt matter

23 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Essentially, its base stat becomes 2600 while it triggers Atlanteans, Mermails, etc. Plus tuner support. It is alright IMO. It revives you stuff like Coral Dragon for using her as Synchro material (or tributed or linked) without missing timing. You are probably not using her in a non WATER deck so the drawback doesnt matter

image.png.2ca10f2e51d4568b2b3ada1b9ba6109f.png

47 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

image.png.2ca10f2e51d4568b2b3ada1b9ba6109f.png

Sorry, but I don't see it.

Sure, Lifeless Leaffish can dump Coelacanth into the GY, but you're likely using your Normal Summon to get to Leaffish in the first place, so you won't be able to use Deep Sea Diva to summon this in the same turn.  Or am I missing something?

Maybe trying the good old monster gate or getting that self summoning fish that got reprinted in gold font (rare) to do ib link > world legacy succession hmmmm... throwing ideas but I'd like fishes to have a low stat CyDra of either level 6 or 8, so i could downbeat/transmodify into coelacanth... xD

Archived