A few more changes I propose

The Nyx Avatar

@YCMaker

These aren't quite on the same level as the previous changes I proposed. These are more to increase activity on the forum.

Points & Shop

I know you mentioned at some point that Points do exist. And you can donate them to another user. But so far...nothing further than that. Except maybe badges. Nothing else to do with them. So I suggest the Points & Shop system to incentivize users to post more. They could use the points they earn on the shop, and Points can be used as prizes for contests and events. Items eligible for purchase via the Points shop could include a VIP member group, a profile song, granting a user a pin on one thread of their choice for a week, an additional chance to change their username, and a custom member group.

Which...brings me to my next one....

More member groups

Aside from staff, the only member group is Beta Tester. Not only do I suggest this as something to purchase on the shop, I suggest this for event purposes. For years, there was an event called the Halloween Masquerade. That one requires a Monster member group. It made for some neat and amusing interactions on the forum. And perhaps a second member group for a certain event I wanted to try out.

I don't know if Invision still has stuff like this on its platform or not. Or if there's some extra work that would have to be done. But we'd appreciate your feedback on these topics.

Now, if anyone agrees, disagrees, or has a totally different suggestion to the platform, feel free to comment below.

For what is worth, I fully support everything proposed above by Nyx. As one of the people who has had the most activity in the site in the past 2 years, I can confidently say that the overall activity of the site hasn't improved too much since I started having activity, just a little bit (when I started to post was pretty much a graveyard). Then the new card maker was released to the public, and we (or at least me) had hopes the site would finally start to see the light... which unfortunately didn't happen. Of course, the updated tool is still relatively new and we should give it time, but on the meantime looking for alternatives seems like the way to go, and Nyx is definitely onto something. The possibility of having your profile music theme and the return of usergroups is simply a wonderful idea. I'm unsure how much attractiveness it can hold for a relatively new user, but veterans would definitely love to see that back, and if veterans start to have more activity and interact with the newbies, the latter would be more willing to stay in the site. 

On 9/19/2021 at 3:26 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

I don't know if Invision still has stuff like this on its platform or not. Or if there's some extra work that would have to be done. But we'd appreciate your feedback on these topics.

Now, if anyone agrees, disagrees, or has a totally different suggestion to the platform, feel free to comment below.

Not gonna give thoughts on changes since not my place just want to let it be known that unless invision works different here than, uh, elsewhere, for some reason, these are possible

Tossing my hat behind this as well. Not much to say that hasn't been said already, but it is a measure that would make interacting on the site more fun and personable.

In terms of longer term solutions:

@YCMaker I imagine that you are completely capable of doing the suggestions as posted above. However, if you are not willing to go about doing it yourself, please please - for the sake of the people who like engaging on this site - open up some admin privileges for the mods to do it for you. We're starved of good, engaging types of content on here.

• Administrators

My hesitation to implement a third-party economy plugin is that they are usually poorly-supported and buggy, especially when trying to keep forum software up-to-date. You end up having to sacrifice the stability and security of the platform (IP.Board) in order to preserve the functionality of the plugin, by delaying important updates until they are compatible with the plugin. My #1 priority at this point is keeping everything running smoothly and staying on top of updates.

That being said, I believe Invision is working on expanding the built-in functionality around achievements and points. See this thread here: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/462820-we-want-to-hear-from-you-refining-achievements/. In the meantime, feel free to post here any plugins that you think would be beneficial to the community, and I'll take a look. Most likely I would want to reach out to the author to ensure they are planning to keep the plugin up-to-date for the foreseeable future.

I'm open to adding more member groups and potentially enabling the "Clubs" feature, which is built-in to the forum software.

Also, re: activity on the site. The new card maker hasn't been "officially" released yet, so I haven't expected much activity to come from its beta release. I've got some fun promotions planned for the official release that I think will help increase community activity and bring new users to the site.

@YCMaker I want The Xyz and Synchro Templates to be update and can you please add Foils to the card maker if you do that would be nice oh 1 more thing @Rayfield Lumina My friend Ray would like to have Profile music back also Can we have some new Backgrounds bides just Light and DARK mode just look at Duelingbook they let you change the Background of the site to anything you want if you donated to them Look I know your a busy guy and All but all where asking is for some new changes just Look the New card maker is still using the Old Templates for the Synchro and Xyz monsters I would like that to be changed also the New card maker has no Foils how how did we not including the Foils @MohametGk7 that was a Sujestion from him @YCMaker @Rayfield Lumina Ray is right this site has been in the GY maybe somewhere before after or when i first Joined the Site in late 2020 You need to make these changes happen Im not telling you to but lets do it for the heart of the Site aka the heart of the Cards Please make these changes Happen it wll make the Site better.

oh PS: @YCMaker I don't to come off as sounding Rude YCM but you said you would Remove the Adds for singed in users I I'm seeing a 1,0000 Ads pop up everyday on my screen and I'm sick of seeing these Ads on my screen.

6 hours ago, YCMaker said:

My hesitation to implement a third-party economy plugin is that they are usually poorly-supported and buggy, especially when trying to keep forum software up-to-date. You end up having to sacrifice the stability and security of the platform (IP.Board) in order to preserve the functionality of the plugin, by delaying important updates until they are compatible with the plugin. My #1 priority at this point is keeping everything running smoothly and staying on top of updates.

I understand. A shame, though.

That being said, I believe Invision is working on expanding the built-in functionality around achievements and points. See this thread here: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/462820-we-want-to-hear-from-you-refining-achievements/. In the meantime, feel free to post here any plugins that you think would be beneficial to the community, and I'll take a look. Most likely I would want to reach out to the author to ensure they are planning to keep the plugin up-to-date for the foreseeable future.

Well, the aforementioned member groups.

And profile music. That was a fun feature that users liked.

I'm open to adding more member groups

Great!

and potentially enabling the "Clubs" feature, which is built-in to the forum software.

Um...I've seen the Clubs feature used elsewhere. And...no one seemed to like it there.

I've got some fun promotions planned for the official release that I think will help increase community activity and bring new users to the site.

Alright...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived