Casual Fusion Contest

Sleepy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Booloomer said:

If I can ask, how exactly is the prize system working? Will it be in a "first, second, third place"-kind of prize system? Is there a single winner? Just wondering.

Well, that is something I've been debating. Based on the amount of traction the event gets. We currently have 5 participants signed in. That is not a number I'd be comfortable giving 3 places for so just a single winner. Especially if not all signed people end up putting up an entry by the deadline.

If we get 6 to 8 I'll think of the idea of a second place, and if we get more I'll think of a 3rd place. Though that also depends on what variation of the prize I can come up with...  hmmm something like

-1st place = color and ink included

-2nd place = non color but inked

-3rd place = pencil drawing

Though like, would people even be interested in those runner up prizes? I hope so xD

I'd legit be interested in any of those rewards. 😀

So here's my entrees: 

1.  W.I.Z.A.R.D. Veteran Shiori Weave [EARTH / Spellcaster / Effect / Level 4 / ATK 1500 / DEF 2000]

If you would use this card you control as Fusion Material to Fusion Summon a "W.I.Z.A.R.D." Fusion Monster, you can also use 1 "W.I.Z.A.R.D." monster in your Deck as Fusion Material.

Translation note: Shiori 史織 means "history, weave"

2. W.I.Z.A.R.D. Dragon Cavalry [Fusion / FIRE / Dragon / Effect / Level 5 / ATK 2400 / DEF 1100]

"W.I.Z.A.R.D. Veteran Shiori Weave" + 1 Dragon monster
Must be Fusion Summoned. (Quick Effect): You can target 1 "W.I.Z.A.R.D." monster in your GY; banish it, then increase the ATK/DEF of 1 monster you control by the target's ATK/DEF. If this card is destroyed or banished by an opponent's card: You can Special Summon "W.I.Z.A.R.D. Veteran Shiori Weave" from your GY, and if you do, place 1 "W.I.Z.A.R.D." Spell/Trap in your GY on top of your deck. You can only activate each effect of "W.I.Z.A.R.D. Dragon Cavalry" once per turn.

3. W.I.Z.A.R.D. Surveillance Loadout [Fusion / WIND / Machine / Effect / Level 5 / ATK 1600 / DEF 1900]

"W.I.Z.A.R.D. Veteran Shiori Weave" + 1 Machine monster
Must first be Fusion Summoned. This card can attack directly. (Quick Effect): You can return 1 "W.I.Z.A.R.D." monster in your GY to the deck; banish this card card until the End Phase. When a "W.I.Z.A.R.D." monster is Normal or Special Summoned: You can switch this card to Defense Position, and if you do, add 1 "W.I.Z.A.R.D." Spell/Trap from your deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "W.I.Z.A.R.D. Surveillance Loadout" once per turn.

4. W.I.Z.A.R.D. Veteran Fallout Mage [Fusion / LIGHT / Spellcaster / Effect / Level 10 / ATK 2600 / DEF 3100]

"W.I.Z.A.R.D." Veteran Shiori Weave + 1 or more "W.I.Z.A.R.D." Fusion Monsters
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by returning the above cards from your GY or that are banished to the deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) If Summoned this way: You can reveal "W.I.Z.A.R.D." monsters in your Extra Deck, up to the number of Fusion Monsters returned to Summon this card, while this card remains face up on the field. You cannot Summon monsters with the same name(s) as the revealed cards. (Quick Effect): Banish 1 revealed monster from your Extra Deck face down; this effect becomes the effect of that monster until the end of the turn.

ef936fc14015.jpg

580c9fdb52c2.jpg

ea7aa1f5ba7f.jpg

fe229b9c686a.jpg

All the arts come from Swav at Pixiv - https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/5130774

43 minutes ago, Booloomer said:

Welp, no way I'm winning this contest - everybody else's entries are just so GOOD, DARN IT! Nice job, everybody!

I'm not gonna spoil things yet, in fact I haven't read them all at the moment so even if I wanted to I couldn't hint at any placing in this event yet xD
but lemme say, my judging will include corrections and feedback to the best of my habilities so hopefully I can still provide something of value to those who don't get the prize.

On 1/15/2022 at 9:28 PM, Sleepy said:

It is, well... fine. 
I did not specify your card(s) have to be specifically created for this event. This was not an oversight from my end. I deliverately hoped if somebody has something in their arsenal that they are particularly proud of and think fits this contest pretty well, they shouldn't see it as off limits. 

Though not gonna lie, seeing the exact card reposted from the next newest contest the section had is not the best image.
Especially seeing issues in the text like numbers spelled out in words for example. A card that's been posted at least once in another contest that gave it judgment and probably had its own thread somewhere too.... Is this a case of the card getting no feedback or a case of the user just ignoring feedback? I'm gonna have to look that up as I hunt for what other instances of this card I can find around if there are any more than Nyx's contest...... I do know sometimes threads simply don't get any comments sadly.... whelp, gonna put on my backpack for this journey xD

EDIT:
Ok so, it was posted twice in Nyx's contest but I haven't seen much else, and the judgment said it had OCG issues but didn't really point them out.
I think it's fine. 
@The Legendary Dark Knight
I'll take the entry. Until the deadline you can still edit the entry. This includes adding support for it, editing the card, or even deciding to change your entry altogether. Just a friendly reminder.

you know I will just post another card 

Edited my 3rd card for a bit more differentiation between the fusion monsters.

It no longer just copies the same floating effect of the first fusion, but has a completely separate role in this non-existing archetype.

@Booloomer Don't count yourself out. 

I have immense respect for anyone with the courage to post their own art. I never have that with my own attempts at drawing.

If anyone wants tips when it comes to the lingo of their cards before Sleepy reviews them, let me know.

16 minutes ago, tripledawn said:

Edited my 3rd card for a bit more differentiation between the fusion monsters.

It no longer just copies the same floating effect of the first fusion, but has a completely separate role in this non-existing archetype.

@Booloomer Don't count yourself out. 

I have immense respect for anyone with the courage to post their own art. I never have that with my own attempts at drawing.

If anyone wants tips when it comes to the lingo of their cards before Sleepy reviews them, let me know.

Thanks so much! I would love any thoughts you have on my cards, it would be greatly appreciated!

640956891_createcard(64).jpeg.1ba3011edce3a920657ff2fad47884ca.jpeg

Here's a rework of the Fazeling thanks to a few tips from Tripledawn!

Monster Name: Fazeling

Attribute: DARK

Level 4

Type: Fiend/Effect

Description: Can only be used as Fusion Material in the Fusion Summon of a "Faze" monster. If this monster in the Graveyard was used as Fusion Material in the Fusion Summon of a "Faze" monster, you can pay 500 LP; target 1 "Cursed Fazeling" that is banished or in your Graveyard; if it is banished, shuffle it into the deck, and if it is in your GY, add it to your hand. Skip your next draw phase after activating these effects.

ATK/1000

DEF/1500

@Sleepy Added the centerpiece fusion I think you hinted was a requirement in earlier post: it's card 4 in my entry... and I'm sorry-but-not-sorry about how wordy it ended up being (I just can't think of anything to remove from it that doesn't invite interactions that I don't intend.)

Had lot's of fun coming up with these cards so far, and I think I'll work on them as an actual archetype in the near future. For now, I invite you to just imagine that the rest of the archetype is solid but not broken.

There is 1 more week before the deadline. n.n
@tripledawn Alright. Once I get to the cards, the wordiness is just part of the course for Yugioh xD
I haven't read very closely the cards since I'm gonna dive full force when I get to judge anyways. 
I'm gonna judge entries that are pieces of a greater archetype that couldn't make it to the 5-card submissions, as if they were the entire archetype released so far. If something has the potential that hints at it supporting something beyond the observable universe 5 card submission, that'd be a nice bonus but still won't go peek at what the outside cards are for the purposes of this contest.

Good Luck everyone n.n

Hello everyone. Just a reminder that this Friday is when I'm gonna start judging. Deadline is as soon as Friday begins and I'll be going through the cards during my breaks and stuff. By Friday's evening I should be able to have a winner. I hope whoever wins has their drawing request ready because I'll be dong my best to finish it before the weekend ends after that.

And to everybody else that doesn't end up winning, I still hope you come out of the contest having enjoyed the participation. 

Sorry for the double post but here's a reminder:
The contest submissions end in about 24 hours and 10 minutes from the time of this post~

If you still haven't posted your entry or feel like you could have improved upon it, now is the last day for that xD

Pitch-Dark Blade Knight
DARK/Warrior/Fusion/Effect/Level 8
2700/2250
"Blade Knight" + 1 "Dark Blade" monster
Cannot be used as Fusion Material. Must first be Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control and/or from your GY. (You do not use "Polymerization".) This card's name becomes "Dark Blade" while on the field or in the GY. This card gains the effects of the monsters used for its Fusion Summon. If this card is Special Summoned: You can equip, from your hand, Deck or GY, 1 appropriate Dragon Union monster that lists "Dark Blade" in its text. Unaffected by your opponent's card effects while you have 1 or less cards in your hand. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can send 1 card from your hand or field to the GY, then target 1 other card on the field and 1 face-up monster you control; equip face-up the first target to the second target as an Equip Spell that gives the equipped monster 400 ATK.

Radiant Blade Knight
LIGHT/Warrior/Effect/Level 4
1600/1000
This card's name becomes "Blade Knight" while one the field or in the GY. If your opponent has more cards in their hand than you do, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If Summoned this way, this card gains 800 ATK. If you control no other monsters, monsters in your opponent's GY cannot activate their effects. If you have 1 or less cards in your hand (Quick Effect): You can Tribute this card, then target 1 card your opponent controls; Set it in one off your Spell/Trap Zones as an Equip Spell with this effect.
- The equipped monster gains 400 ATK.
You can only use this effect of "Radiant Blade Knight" once per turn.

15 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Sorry for the double post but here's a reminder:
The contest submissions end in about 24 hours and 10 minutes from the time of this post~

If you still haven't posted your entry or feel like you could have improved upon it, now is the last day for that xD

I didn't get my art in! Dang I ran out of time. It's not done yet might post after the contest

This took me WAY to long to put together. I was thinking of maybe making a third card. But I can't afford the rest of this afternoon. I need my sleep.

06abfd70f2d8.jpg

Romhild, Phantom of the Battlefield

EARTH

Level 4

Warrior/Effect

ATK:1000

DEF:1000

If you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). (Quick Effect): You can send this card from your hand to the GY, then target 1 Warrior monster you control; it gains 1000 ATK/DEF until the end of this turn. If your opponent activates a Spell, Trap, or Monster card or effect during either player's Battle Phase (Quick Effect): You can discard this card. Negate the activation, and if you do, banish that card. You can only use 1 "Romhild, Phantom of the Battlefield" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

0bf5854f97cf.jpg

Warqueen Romhild

EARTH

Level 8

Warrior/Fusion/Effect

ATK:2800

DEF:2000

"Romhild, Phantom of the Battlefield"+ 1 Warrior monster
Cannot be used as Fusion Material. Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by sending the above cards from either field to the GY. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Warrior monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's card effects during the Battle Phase.  Once per turn, you can activate 1 of these effects.
● Target 1 Warrior monster you control; it can attack your opponent directly this turn. If it does, any Battle Damage your opponent takes from it is halved.
● If this attacking card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can inflict damage to your opponent equal to either the ATK or DEF (whichever is higher) of the destroyed monster.

Thanks to everybody that took time out of your day to submit an entry here. We were a hair away from reaching 8 participants. We still have a bit less than 2 hours to go in the contest but I think everybody that showed interest publicly already submitted. I'll be working on the results throughout Friday and will deliver a first and second place.
The participants in order of submitted entries is:

Loleo
Booloomer
Ankh_Dev
The Legendary Dark Knight
tripledawn
Darj
The Nyx Avatar

I the way I'll be working it out. I'll give as much feedback to the cards as I can. After I'm done with those posts, I'll get to the results.
I don't intend to give punctuation in the feedback. Even if it is a competitive activity, we are here to enjoy our active time here, and I don't want to shoot people down allowing them to compare a bottom score. You can reply to my feedback if you want to, though for the sake of the event not dragging too much longer I'll lock onto the prize winners by the end of Friday even if I have to pull an all nighter xD

This post is just for the feedback~
Any corrections from me are gonna be in RED.
If it doesn't have red, it might look different for the sake of space from my part but I don't count it as a correction of any sort.
I'll use BLUE for my own notes to keep things tidy as well.

@Loleo

Omega Beetrooper Immaculate Stag
EARTH Level 12 [Insect/Fusion/Effect] 3000/3000

1 "Beetrooper Scout Buggy"+ 1+ Insect monsters with 3000 or more ATK
When this card is Fusion Summoned: Target a number of Insect monsters with different names in your GY, up to the number of materials used to Summon this card -1; equip that target(s) to this card. Unaffected by card effects while you control another Insect monster with 3000 or more ATK. Insect monsters you control and in your GY gain 50 ATK for each banished Insect monster. Once per turn, during each Standby Phase: You can target 1 banished Insect; equip it to this card or add it to your hand. During the Main Phase, if a card or effect is activated that doesn't contain "Summon" in its text (quick effect): You can destroy 1 Insect monster you control and banish 3 Insect monsters from your GY; negate that card or effect, and if you do, banish it.

I absolutely love the fact we'd finally have an Insect Fusion with some decent materials. No breaking your back with 4 monsters. Instead a self-duplicating Scout Buggy + Neptunes in hand. It is also pretty strong overall but I do think there's a few places lacking a bit:

-The first effect says "equip those targets" in the resolution, which means interrupting 1 of them ruins the effect for all targets. If it instead said "equip those cards" or if we follow my red correction "equip that card(s)", you could always equip the remaining ones that don't get D.D. Crow'd. It's a small thing since most of the time this card will only use enough materials to produce a single equip, but should it ever go further beyond with 3+ materials, it should be rewarded for the effort IMO.

-The effect that makes it fully unaffected should probably have a clause of while you control another Insect monster with 3000 or more ATK, other than "Omega Beetrooper Immaculate Stag". It is not incredibly difficult to put out, and it is fairly possible to assemble 2 copies onto the field that'd fulfill each other's immunity. It has potential to be an issue in my opinion.

-Finally, the 50 ATK boost. As I believe you had already pointed out at some point: It has negative synnergy with the other bosses from the archetype: Atlas loses its own immunity, and Hercules has less monsters it can potentially revive. It is a boost that works in its favor as a single card, making it easier to fulfill its own immunity, but at the cost of the other allied bosses form the theme.... also, I'm not a huge fan of 50s in the stats so it'd probably grind my gears a bit on that regard xD
It does have the upside it makes it easier to produce more Fusion Summons of copies of itself, which it might not have been an intended synergy... it'd still do all the benefits if it just targeted a single bug for the boost for 1 turn at a time, without disrupting the other bosses.

The last effect I like. Summon related, MP reliant, and with a heavy banish cost that Beetroopers can pay but not much else can. Sounds interesting.
All in all, this concept very much goes up my alley despite my commentary. The contest is starting strong xP

Same format as the above post. RED means corrections. BLUE means my thoughts/suggestions.
If I moved around stuff that's not in those colors, probably just saving space, nothing against your choice of arrangements xD

@Ankh_Dev
I am SOOOO annoyed, this post was already a few cards in and a bit copy/paste shenanigans made the post glitch into non-existence somehow... but here goes it again xD

Set, Egyptian God of Evil
DARK Level 6 [Divine-Beast/Fusion/Effect] 3200/2800

Anubis, Egyptian God of Death" +  1+ "Egyptian God" monsters
When this card is Special Summoned: Destroy face-up cards on the field up to the number of materials used, other than "Anubis, Egyptian God of Death", and if you do, Special Summon 1 DARK "Egyptian God" monster from your GY in Defense Position, but negate its effect. Pay 1000 LP; Banish 1 card on the field. You can only activate this effect of "Set, Egyptian God of Death" once per turn.

The lack of targeting concerns me. For now without the picture in my head regarding the rest of the entry, I'll leave it at that for now. Rest is card grammar.

Anubis, Egyptian God of Death
DARK Level 6 [Divine-Beast/Effect] 2500/2000

This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. You can Special summon this card (from your hand) either by discarding 1 "Egyptian God" monster, or by banishing 1 "Egyptian God" monster from your GY. If this card is Special Summoned: Banish 1 card from either player's GY, and if you do, negate the effects of all cards with that name. Discard 1 card; banish 1 card in your opponent's GY, and negate it's effect.

You used both GY and Graveyard in the same effect. I'll just go for the newer standard.
If you are confused about this bit: The word "banished" doesn't go capitalized in Yugioh text. It does after a colon or a period, just like any other word, but more or less not anywhere else. I'll also keep changing "one" for 1 every time I see it.... xD

Osiris, Egyptian God of The Underworld
DARK Level 6 [Divine-Beast/Effect] 2700/3000

This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) when a card in your GY is banished, OR by discarding 1 "Egyptian God" monster. If this card is Special Summoned: Banish 1 card on the field. Discard 1 card; then banish 1 monster on the field. You can only activate this effect of "Osiris, Egyptian God of The Underwolrd" once per turn.

No need to separate the Summon conditions in a way that repeats the same first bit. I think fusing both in one clause is doable to make the card feel less clogged.
Hmmmm.... I need confirmation, is the lack of targeting done intentionally? This has its pros and cons but some of these sound like effects that should totally be targeting.

Fusion of The Gods
Spell Card

(This card is always treated as an "Egyptian God" Card)
Fusion Summon an "Egyptian God" monster by banishing cards in your hand, field or GY as Fusion Material. After that, you cannot Fusion Summon until your next Standby Phase. You can only activate "Fusion of the Gods" once per turn

Well as a standalone card this is pretty decent from where it can grab. Then again it has a pretty big lock/drawback.

Apophis, Embodiment of Evil
DARK Level 12 [Divine-Beast/Fusion/Pendulum/Effect] 4500/4500   Scales < 0 > / < 0 >
Pendulum Effect:

If you Special Summoned this turn: You cannot Pendulum Summon. When you Pendulum Summon: Banish this card, face-down. During your Standby Phase: Either pay 2000 LP or banish this card.
Monster Effect:
"Set, Egyptian God of Evil" + "Anubis, Egyptian God of Death" + "Osiris, Egyptian God of The Underworld"
(This card is always treated as an "Egyptian God" monster)
Can only be Fusion Summoned using "Fusion of the Gods". If this card is Special Summoned: Banish all cards on the field, except for this card. You cannot draw cards while this card is face-up in a Monster Zone. If this card declares an attack: Banish 10 cards from the top of your Deck. If this card battles an opponent's monster, at the start of the Damage Step: Banish that opponent's momster, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the difference in this card's ATK and the opponent's ATK or DEF (your choice) During your Standby Phase; Pay 2000 LP. If this card would be sent to the GY, you can place it face-up in a Pendulum Zone instead.

As a way to help me save and look at them with grammar edits included, I'm gonna post this and in a moment will edit with my overall thoughts after this sentense~

EDIT:
Overall thoughts, the Pendulum is a pretty sweet game ender. Though if it doesn't succeed, the amount of drawbacks is a bit overkill. From never drawing again, to banishing so many cards form the deck (at least it does so face-up so things can combo from this). The banishing effect that nukes the field is almost a drawback considering you'd prefer to find a way to get a low ATK monster on the opponent's field. Anything with 500 or less ATK means a 1-hit KO.
It essentially asks for 4 specific cards to make if you include the Spell. It is very close to an Exodia-like card, and I can appreciate that xD

I confess it took me up until now to stop focusing on the sheer amount of excessive drawbacks it seems to have everywhere... 

Osiris has a borderline problematic removal effect, but also one that given a specific scenario can backfire badly... non-optional and non-targeting for either side of the field means it HAS to hit itself if nothing else is around.

As far as I see, among these cards there's not much in terms of furthering setup. The combo asks to hard draw everything more or less, but once you do draw into the pieces, they are Ace-sized and have good effects so it is kinda neat.

2 Fusions sounds a bit sneaky for the event though lol xD

Archived