How Intetrsting is Linux the Greatest Operting System of all Times and Also Virtual Machines

How Intetrsting is Linux and Virtualiztion?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How Intetrsting do you think Linux is?

• Forget Intetrsting, Linux is Everything
    • Very Intetrsting
    • Intetrsting
    • Intetrsted, but I don't really use Linux but its alright
    • Meh, its Intetrsting but I'm not Intetrsted but its okay I guess
  2. 2. How Intetrsting do you think Virtualiztion is?

• Forget Intetrsting, Virtualiztion is Everything
    • I use Virtualiztion alot
    • Very Intetrsting
    • I don't use Virtualiztion, but I do think its Intetrsting

I'm here to talk about Linux a couple of days ago on January 1st 2023 on Sunday my Uncle handed me his Laptop cause he really wanted to see what Linux was all about but he didn't want to Leave behind Windows 10 and its Ecosystem so what I did instead was installed a Hypervisor a.k.a a Virtual Machine I choose Oracle VirtualBox I talked all about Operating Systems and Hypervisors so you can look at their Links down below. So I brought this to many people's attention because its interesting and not many people talk about very interesting things on this site its normally just a rinse and repeat of a small new user joining the site or a very small post is uploaded I'm not bashing on those People or anything sorry but yeah I installed VirtualBox for him after I was down Downloading the tool required to run the VirtualBox Setup and Install it Its Microsoft Visual Code C++ 2019 which is super annoying then I was able to Install VirtualBox "Finally!" then after I was down that I went to a Couple of sites that you could download a couple of Linux Distros I choose 2 Ubuntu from Canonical's Site and KDE Neon from KDE's Site then it took me a very long time... to finish installing Ubuntu 22.04 LTS on VirtualBox which took forever because Ubuntu is super slow has hell to install after that I installed Guest Additions for the Screen Resizing and Adjustments because otherwise it would just look shitty and super small but Installing Guest Additions on Windows is way easier to Install VS installing it on Linux cause in Windows you don't have to use a Terminal in Linux you do I had to even look up a YouTube Video of how to Install Guest Additions on Ubuntu after I done that then I told him it was finished and all he needed to do was open VirtualBox on his Windows Machine and Run Ubuntu from Virtualbox. Now his Computer's Specs his 8 GB of DDR4 Ram, 256 GB of SSD Storage, and an 8 Core Intel CPU i5 8th Gen CPU and has a 1080p HD Screen ASUS Laptop Silver I have an image of his Laptops Model ignore the Intel Pentium that is just an example image but its has far better Specs then my HP Laptop 15-gw0xxxHP Laptop with 4GB of Ram, 512 GB of HHD Storage MAN I really F***ing HATE having a F***ing HHD in 2023 it was bad in 2021 jues can't OEMs just get rid of HHDs already and just Replace them with an 512 GB 2.5 mSATA SSD there very cheap but F*** NO HP ARE SO DUMB! >:( , and AMD Athlon Silver 3050U with Radeon Graphics, 2300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) CPU is that very bad compared to my Uncle's Computer I also put an image of my laptop's model down here man his went from 1 topic about Linux and Hypervisor/Virtual Machines to bashing on my Laptop and HP for Stupid things like kinda Low Specs well at least Mono core CPUs are F***ing dead in 2020 god those CPUs needed to go I can't wait until AMD and Intel Kill off Duel Core CPUs in the future and start using Quad Core CPUs as the new Low end CPUs. But yeah I'm really happy with the results maybe Tomorrow I might enable Remote Access on the VirtualBox Settings to be able to Connect to the Ubuntu Virtual Machine using Chrome Remote Desktop but yeah I'm really really happy cause He'll be able to do alot between his Phone and his Virtual Machine. As for me my Uncle just purchased an 1TB SSD for me and I can't wait to get it and I'mma upgrade my HP Laptop from 4 GB of Ram to 16 GB of Ram so I can do Virtual Machine Stuff for when I'm Board and I might get my self an AMD Ryzen 5 5600 CPU 6 Cores and 12 Threads jues yeah I'm getting abit spoiled here but its inoder to get the best for my Windows and Linux Virtual Machines I can't wait to I can have full access to this stuff full time. So Linux its a Great Operating System cause it can do alot of stuff so much so Microsoft made WSL and WSL2 I might deiced to get my Feet Wet and Try out Linux on my own Machine not on Bare Metal tough but though a Hypervisor like Oracle VirtualBox When I get those Pieces in I well certainly be doing Virtual Machine Stuff if @Rayfield Lumina and @Sleepy isn't on the site or is busy cause yeah I HATE Boredom I want something fun to do something that makes me feel very powerful but then again it might take a while and oh I almost totally forgot that my Uncle gave me his Old DELL Laptop and he told me I could do what ever I wanted with it I think I might upgrade it a bit and give it my HP Laptop's Old Hard Drive and oh he told me the screen is broken physically but if you turn it on the bottom half of the screen is black and if anyone could help me or tell me how to fix it or get it fixed that would be very appreciated the Laptop is from the Windows 7 Days he got it in 2009 but yeah again please leave your thoughts and options down below in the comments and Please don't forgot to Leave your votes and have a great rest of your day. Also Please Leave your thoughts on what you thought of the story like stuff I talked about and give your thoughts and options on it and Please tell me how I can fix its Screen.

image.png.28029f4c2b6cde309e1cc4946ab422ff.png  image.thumb.png.9b52134e086558533f811e266628ffc5.png

This one talks about me wanting to move away from Windows to "Linux".

This Thread Link takes you directly to the one about Virtual Machines/Hypervisors.

@Rayfield Lumina @Sleepy @kyop @Horu @The Nyx Avatar Can Please Read the thread and leave your thoughts in the comments and Vote on the polls please also I just got another Laptop its Old but the Screen has a Very big Problem with it I already put it in into the treads story above so if you could leave your thoughts on how to fix it that would be great.

image.png

Edited by Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan
  • Shiba Inu 1

Today is the day I finally got to fully install Chrome Remote Desktop on January, 4th 2023, BUT a big bug BUT HOWEVER Even if I already did that I went tough loop holes today searching for the right terminal commands on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and I enabled Remote Access on both Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and Oracle VM VirtualBox and I saw that Chrome Remote Desktop didn't support any Linux Distro as a F***ing Remote HOST so I go complain and send them an email to add Support for Linux Remote Host Access So My Uncle could Access Ubuntu with his Android Phone I spent all day fixing it up. Oh YEAH The Laptop is an Acer not an Asus my bad... Also please don't forget leave your thoughts and down below in the comments.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/vrmznp/so_i_have_a_hp_15_and_im_upgrading_ram_i/

I'm gonna be Upgrading my Computer to exactly to 16 GB of DDR4 Ram Crucial and 870 Samsung EVO SATA 2.5" SSD 1TB those 2 are diffident upgrades for sure and I while I'm at it since I have an AMD System I might pick me up a New Shiny Ryzen 5 5600X CPU 6 Cores and 12 Threads that will be Powerful enough to run an Full Powered Virtual Machines my HP 15-gw0xxx Laptop will be on par with that pre-built HP Gaming Computer Desktop called the HP OMEN by HP 25L GT12-1439 Gaming PC - NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 I found 1 on Amazon using my Uncles Acer Aspair 5 A515 and it had Windows 10 Pro on it but the 1 except the 1 on the HP Site has 512 GB of SSD storage and runs Windows 11 Home instead I F***ing HATE Windows 11 god thank god Amazon had a Listing of it with Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 11 Home. But Yeah if I do all those Upgrades that I just listed up there to my HP 15-gw0xxx Laptop will have almost all the same things as that HP OMEN I found with the Specs that I wanna upgrade this HP 15-gw0xxx Laptop to except the only thing it won't have or need is the Pro Version of Windows 10 cause the 1 on the Amazon listing had Windows 10 Pro my HP 15-gw0xxx Laptop has Windows 10 Home I don't need Pro and plus I always thought it was abit scam when Bill Gates Introduced Windows Editions Starting with Windows XP where there was a Home Edition which I don't give a shit about and there is my person favorite the Professional Edition of Windows XP which I think is Way better, cooler and just is over Higher Majority of Peoples Favorites and even my Grampa had a Windows XP Professional Edition at his house before they got the Toshbia Windows 7 Laptop and the Acer Windows 8 Laptop both pf which are now upgraded to Windows 10 I think later around the later 2010's around 2013, 2014, or 2015 they had Gotten rid of that Windows XP Professional Edition I always loved playing on that Computer back when I was a little kid back in the 2000's around when I was young kid and I wasn't even double digits back then I was only around 5, 6, or even 7 this happened around in 2007, 2008, and 2009 man How time flies man I miss when Microsoft used to be Fun with their Windows Operating Systems I still think about that Computer to this day... :( *sob* *sigh* How've times have changed since I was a young kid in the mid-late 2000's I really I'm Speech Less I've just been so sad in the modern era of Technologically its not as fun as the 2000's when I was born that was the good era when everybody actually cared about things and Windows was Fun to use feel free to leave your thoughts down below I'm just so sad right now its not even Funny how things are now post 2015 and now where like in the 2020's and how things used to be in the 2000's and early 2010's up until 2013 or 2014. And you saw I left a Link down there at the bottom its has almost the specs I'm taking about but there was one on Amazon that is what I'mma be upgrading my Laptop's Specs to so I can re Experience the Good'ol days of Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7, then some older versions of Mac OS X and finally some Modern Linux Distros cause I really Despise Windows 11 and I might move to a Linux Distro in the near Future when Windows 10 finally hits End of Life but its not Guaranteed that I will switch from Windows to Linux that's why I have to see and wait on Microsoft's End to improve and just goddam make Windows Fun Again. OH YES PS the other Reason why I like Windows XP Pro Edition is because it has the Best OS-Tan also I left an image of her down below.

https://www.hp.com/ca-en/shop/product.aspx?id=328H7AA&opt=ABL&sel=DTP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Rayfield Lumina @Sleepy @Horu Do any of you know how to fix or replace a Laptop screen that doesn't work on an old computer Please tell me?

sample-6b361f57c2f5dab0edf95c1d5469de09.jpg

Edited by Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan

This is an extremely tough read for me. I recommend that you separate things in paragraphs and use periods to sepearate sentences. The whole thing is a single sentence running down non-stop for like 3 pages worth of content, and it is all techno-talk which I have mentioned before I am not at all very knowledgeable about. I say this not just as a personal thing involving me. I think you'd see a lot more people reading your threads if you start separating your thougths in the OP of the thread into diggestable chunks. If your word soup has reached 6 or so lines of text on the display screen of YCM, cut off the sentence and leave an empty line that I even struggle to see what line I'm on as it is @_@" 

Sorry to hear you don't seem very entertained about YCM's activity lately. I do admit it has felt a little barren to me, though mainly it is that the holidays can be deceptively busy for people. You'd  think everybody's on vacation so you'd get to YCM and see a party going but it turns out people are more active during regular week days xD

Why don't you make more simplified tutorials about some of these concepts? I'll tell you my level here:
-I don't know what a hyperlink is vs a regular link.
-I don't know any details about Linux beyond stuff I've heard second-hand and have only used Windows all my life. I don't even understand how my Mac's OS works for the most part even though I adamantly bought it to work on digital art (in retrospect a kind of dumb decition but I have to admit the Mac has better sound than my HP xD )
-I don't quite grasp what virtualization even entails.

among other things..... if you can give tutorials on those things.... each separated in their own paragraph or even their own post altogether, and keep on posting about these tech subjects you love so much in a much more easy to learn manner, I think you'd get a little more traction, or at least a better chance at it.

• Shiba Inu 1

As far as YCM content goes, I'm busy with life and work so posting here is a bit difficult to accomplish at the moment.

As for the broken screen, I'd recommend an HDMI with a secondary screen unless you have the money, tools and/or know-how to replace it.

As for the VMs, I've played a little with them while I was learning to code and I think they are pretty neat.

• Shiba Inu 1

I gotta agree that it would be way easier to read if you divided the whole thing in paragraphs xD

Rather than upgrading your laptop, wouldn't it be better to save money to get a new one/build a PC? I know that you'd need more money tho, but you could either get a laptop with better specs (that would last you a few years ahead) or build a PC which you'd be able to upgrade more often. Also, since you've got an old laptop, you could use it as a labrat to try different things xD

As for the broken screen, best case scenario you could solve it by replacing the flex cable (tho it sounds more like the screen itself its broken, so you'd need a full replacement). If you've never messed with this kind of stuff before, it's better to take it to some tech support guy or something like that because of the risks of messing with something you can break and can't replace.

I think I've told you my opinion on VM's already :p . My work laptop is dual boot, so if I ever need to do something on windows I just reboot and switch to it

• Shiba Inu 1

13 hours ago, Sleepy said:

This is an extremely tough read for me. I recommend that you separate things in paragraphs and use periods to sepearate sentences. The whole thing is a single sentence running down non-stop for like 3 pages worth of content, and it is all techno-talk which I have mentioned before I am not at all very knowledgeable about. I say this not just as a personal thing involving me. I think you'd see a lot more people reading your threads if you start separating your thougths in the OP of the thread into diggestable chunks. If your word soup has reached 6 or so lines of text on the display screen of YCM, cut off the sentence and leave an empty line that I even struggle to see what line I'm on as it is @_@" 

Sorry to hear you don't seem very entertained about YCM's activity lately. I do admit it has felt a little barren to me, though mainly it is that the holidays can be deceptively busy for people. You'd  think everybody's on vacation so you'd get to YCM and see a party going but it turns out people are more active during regular week days xD

Why don't you make more simplified tutorials about some of these concepts? I'll tell you my level here:
-I don't know what a hyperlink is vs a regular link.
-I don't know any details about Linux beyond stuff I've heard second-hand and have only used Windows all my life. I don't even understand how my Mac's OS works for the most part even though I adamantly bought it to work on digital art (in retrospect a kind of dumb decition but I have to admit the Mac has better sound than my HP xD )
-I don't quite grasp what virtualization even entails.

among other things..... if you can give tutorials on those things.... each separated in their own paragraph or even their own post altogether, and keep on posting about these tech subjects you love so much in a much more easy to learn manner, I think you'd get a little more traction, or at least a better chance at it.

Mac OS is pretty Simple but I can get how that can affect a long time Windows User I just don't like Windows they way I used to with Previous Version Prior to Windows 11, I Hate Satya Nadella He is EVIL, also I guess I'll start using Chat GPT from now on to start fixing the problems of my Thread Paragraph Problem.

35 minutes ago, kyop said:

I gotta agree that it would be way easier to read if you divided the whole thing in paragraphs xD

Rather than upgrading your laptop, wouldn't it be better to save money to get a new one/build a PC? I know that you'd need more money tho, but you could either get a laptop with better specs (that would last you a few years ahead) or build a PC which you'd be able to upgrade more often. Also, since you've got an old laptop, you could use it as a labrat to try different things xD

As for the broken screen, best case scenario you could solve it by replacing the flex cable (tho it sounds more like the screen itself its broken, so you'd need a full replacement). If you've never messed with this kind of stuff before, it's better to take it to some tech support guy or something like that because of the risks of messing with something you can break and can't replace.

I think I've told you my opinion on VM's already :p . My work laptop is dual boot, so if I ever need to do something on windows I just reboot and switch to it

I much prefer to take the Upgrade now as someone said they might buy me a New Laptop in the Future, also for the Old Laptop I'll take it to a Computer Repair shop get a New Battery for it since its 1 of the old DELL Laptops with those Battery that you can remove and re slot in get the Charger and I might get it an SSD Upgrade I might buy some DDR3 Ram for it to run faster and maybe even a CPU Upgrade in the Future afterwards I will Install a Linux Distro on it.

@kyop Do You think I should Install a Linux Distro on it if so then which Distro?

I'm behind the peeps telling you to use periods and paragraphs n.n" . Tbh I told you the same in the Windows and Apple story thread, but as usual you didn't listen :(  Heck, I think I even sent you a message with some basic pointers to improve redaction.

I don't have much to say in regards of the content  you already know I'm a noob in computer stuff (things if the devil :v). But I support your passion for it and can see the effort you have put in the thread.

• Shiba Inu 1

13 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

I'm behind the peeps telling you to use periods and paragraphs n.n" . Tbh I told you the same in the Windows and Apple story thread, but as usual you didn't listen :(  Heck, I think I even sent you a message with some basic pointers to improve redaction.

I don't have much to say in regards of the content  you already know I'm a noob in computer stuff (things if the devil :v). But I support your passion for it and can see the effort you have put in the thread.

I'm sorry Ray I just don't know who I could talk to about this stuff and thanks Ray You know what I might make Videos on how to do some advance Computer stuff 1 day I really wish this forum joined the Fediverse and it had ChatGPT built-in to it so I could solve my Grammar Problems and I'm if I didn't respond to you in that thread I just jump all ever the place wanting to express myself but I gotta remember everybody different but other people who don't cretin things like Computer Senice can easily learn if the other person slowed down to teach them and again Ray I'm Sorry.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 10:38 PM, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

I'm here to talk about Linux a couple of days ago on January 1st 2023 on Sunday my Uncle handed me his Laptop cause he really wanted to see what Linux was all about but he didn't want to Leave behind Windows 10 and its Ecosystem so what I did instead was installed a Hypervisor a.k.a a Virtual Machine I choose Oracle VirtualBox I talked all about Operating Systems and Hypervisors so you can look at their Links down below. So I brought this to many people's attention because its interesting and not many people talk about very interesting things on this site its normally just a rinse and repeat of a small new user joining the site or a very small post is uploaded I'm not bashing on those People or anything sorry but yeah I installed VirtualBox for him after I was down Downloading the tool required to run the VirtualBox Setup and Install it Its Microsoft Visual Code C++ 2019 which is super annoying then I was able to Install VirtualBox "Finally!" then after I was down that I went to a Couple of sites that you could download a couple of Linux Distros I choose 2 Ubuntu from Canonical's Site and KDE Neon from KDE's Site then it took me a very long time... to finish installing Ubuntu 22.04 LTS on VirtualBox which took forever because Ubuntu is super slow has hell to install after that I installed Guest Additions for the Screen Resizing and Adjustments because otherwise it would just look shitty and super small but Installing Guest Additions on Windows is way easier to Install VS installing it on Linux cause in Windows you don't have to use a Terminal in Linux you do I had to even look up a YouTube Video of how to Install Guest Additions on Ubuntu after I done that then I told him it was finished and all he needed to do was open VirtualBox on his Windows Machine and Run Ubuntu from Virtualbox. Now his Computer's Specs his 8 GB of DDR4 Ram, 256 GB of SSD Storage, and an 8 Core Intel CPU i5 8th Gen CPU and has a 1080p HD Screen ASUS Laptop Silver I have an image of his Laptops Model ignore the Intel Pentium that is just an example image but its has far better Specs then my HP Laptop 15-gw0xxxHP Laptop with 4GB of Ram, 512 GB of HHD Storage MAN I really F***ing HATE having a F***ing HHD in 2023 it was bad in 2021 jues can't OEMs just get rid of HHDs already and just Replace them with an 512 GB 2.5 mSATA SSD there very cheap but F*** NO HP ARE SO DUMB! >:( , and AMD Athlon Silver 3050U with Radeon Graphics, 2300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) CPU is that very bad compared to my Uncle's Computer I also put an image of my laptop's model down here man his went from 1 topic about Linux and Hypervisor/Virtual Machines to bashing on my Laptop and HP for Stupid things like kinda Low Specs well at least Mono core CPUs are F***ing dead in 2020 god those CPUs needed to go I can't wait until AMD and Intel Kill off Duel Core CPUs in the future and start using Quad Core CPUs as the new Low end CPUs. But yeah I'm really happy with the results maybe Tomorrow I might enable Remote Access on the VirtualBox Settings to be able to Connect to the Ubuntu Virtual Machine using Chrome Remote Desktop but yeah I'm really really happy cause He'll be able to do alot between his Phone and his Virtual Machine. As for me my Uncle just purchased an 1TB SSD for me and I can't wait to get it and I'mma upgrade my HP Laptop from 4 GB of Ram to 16 GB of Ram so I can do Virtual Machine Stuff for when I'm Board and I might get my self an AMD Ryzen 5 5600 CPU 6 Cores and 12 Threads jues yeah I'm getting abit spoiled here but its inoder to get the best for my Windows and Linux Virtual Machines I can't wait to I can have full access to this stuff full time. So Linux its a Great Operating System cause it can do alot of stuff so much so Microsoft made WSL and WSL2 I might deiced to get my Feet Wet and Try out Linux on my own Machine not on Bare Metal tough but though a Hypervisor like Oracle VirtualBox When I get those Pieces in I well certainly be doing Virtual Machine Stuff if @Rayfield Lumina and @Sleepy isn't on the site or is busy cause yeah I HATE Boredom I want something fun to do something that makes me feel very powerful but then again it might take a while and oh I almost totally forgot that my Uncle gave me his Old DELL Laptop and he told me I could do what ever I wanted with it I think I might upgrade it a bit and give it my HP Laptop's Old Hard Drive and oh he told me the screen is broken physically but if you turn it on the bottom half of the screen is black and if anyone could help me or tell me how to fix it or get it fixed that would be very appreciated the Laptop is from the Windows 7 Days he got it in 2009 but yeah again please leave your thoughts and options down below in the comments and Please don't forgot to Leave your votes and have a great rest of your day. Also Please Leave your thoughts on what you thought of the story like stuff I talked about and give your thoughts and options on it and Please tell me how I can fix its Screen.

image.png.28029f4c2b6cde309e1cc4946ab422ff.png  image.thumb.png.9b52134e086558533f811e266628ffc5.png

This one talks about me wanting to move away from Windows to "Linux".

This Thread Link takes you directly to the one about Virtual Machines/Hypervisors.

@Rayfield Lumina @Sleepy @kyop @Horu @The Nyx Avatar Can Please Read the thread and leave your thoughts in the comments and Vote on the polls please also I just got another Laptop its Old but the Screen has a Very big Problem with it I already put it in into the treads story above so if you could leave your thoughts on how to fix it that would be great.

image.png

image.png.f2f8addf48460201f21e1baedac2c04f.png

• Shiba Inu 1

• 8 months later...