Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind (FINISHED)

Wyhe

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Precious gems make good for mind control hey' date=' or just rubies?

Pumping in some of your own life cards? I may have to use them for my fanfic! Heh.

I like your style! Humor before the dark, although the dark times is right for dry humor in occasional doses.

[/quote']

it's precious gems that are found only in special areas,they will be elaborated later more.

and thanks for the compliments.

I love the chapter^^ unfortunatly, personally i don't like it as much as the last chapter, but it's still good!

Kinda-Sorta Off Topic: Awhile back i asked if i could have a seconded character,

and now i'm wondering if the character can have YCM-Cards only? I know you have some Ycm cards in the fic already hence the thread you made in written cards, i was just wondering if it would be to much trouble.

BTW i'm releasing the set of cards soon so look for those if you want.

Your Friend,

~Poke~

I love the chapter^^ unfortunatly' date=' personally i don't like it as much as the last chapter, but it's still good!

Kinda-Sorta Off Topic: Awhile back i asked if i could have a seconded character,

and now i'm wondering if the character can have YCM-Cards only? I know you have some Ycm cards in the fic already hence the thread you made in written cards, i was just wondering if it would be to much trouble.

BTW i'm releasing the set of cards soon so look for those if you want.

Your Friend,

~Poke~

[/quote']

of course,it's possible.

Oh, i just found why i couldn't find the messages, for some reason they are being sorted into spam... Aahh well.

Turns out i forgot to read what the sneak peak into the next chapter was.

They are performing some sort of ritual? Freaky...

Seems like they are going to duel some sort of spirit... Or spirit guardian.

Oh' date=' i just found why i couldn't find the messages, for some reason they are being sorted into spam... Aahh well.

Turns out i forgot to read what the sneak peak into the next chapter was.

They are performing some sort of ritual? Freaky...

Seems like they are going to duel some sort of spirit... Or spirit guardian.

[/quote']

ah you're quite close

guess which spirit I'm guest-starring in this?

Since Kale got his chapter 9 done with, I will also get mine done & it will be out.

This one's called Ultimate Destiny because Clair will meet an entity who oversees the end of everything's destiny,Death. Also, she will be facing a Destiny Hero long forgotten & destroyed.

Ch.9-Ultimate Destiny

Ch.9-Ultimate Destiny

“We sure brought in a crowd to home this time,” Clair remarked as she looked at the others, while they were at the front door of the Dales household.

Besides her close friends, Penny & Miora, they also brought in a mysterious boy called Fuyuki & 2 Pro League duelists, Dox & Macro. Both of them were missing due to unknown circumstances that they couldn’t remember.

“So Dox & Macro, you remembered…eh…nothing at all, right?” asked Penny.

“Not a thing,” replied Macro with a moan.

“Last thing I remembered was how some dude in a cloak owned me in a duel,” replied Dox.

“Must be the work of the Overmind then,” said a familiar voice, coming from inside the house.

Clair, Penny & Miora recalled that voice & slammed into the house. Inside there, they saw Louis, Layla, Curtis & Norman.

“What are you doing here, you jerk?” demanded Penny, raising up her Duel Disk.

“Calm down, sis,” said Curtis, “he’s here to help…”

“Yeah, help us by putting out our miseries,” said Penny sarcastically, “too bad we like our lives miserable, officer.”

As she said that, everyone else sweatdropped at her comment.

“I came here only to speak to Clair,” said Norman as he walked towards Clair. Penny blocked his progress, but Clair motioned her away.

“I trust you, what do you need to say?” said Clair.

“Clair Kinet, this is a gift from your grandmother, Maria Kinet,” Norman said as he took out the same medallion that Maria gave him before her unforeseen departure.

“What is this?” asked Clair.

“A powerful charm that heightens its wielder’s Psychic powers,” said Norman, “it will be important to you when you need to confront the Overmind in the future.”

“But who is this so-called Overmind?” asked Miora.

“He is a Psychic himself,” answered Norman, “but he seeks to control the world by any means possible. He is currently gathering other Psychics & strong duelists as his servants.”

“Now that you mentioned it, the dude who kidnapped me did mention the Overmind,” said Fuyuki.

“Hey, I know you,” Curtis suddenly exclaimed, “You’re Macro De’Lai.”

“Uh…yeah,” replied Macro, though he was unsure of what’s going on.

“Nice to meet you,” said Curtis, “and you…you’re Dox Crowler, that dude who got his ass pwned by Noland.”

“Stop it, stop it, stop it!” shouted Dox, “don’t & never mention that!”

“Guess someone just can’t take a loss,” thought Clair as she approached towards Dox & touched his forehead. Dox then collapsed onto the ground.

“What did you do?” asked Layla, who was surprised.

“Most likely, she killed him,” guessed Curtis, “I’ll get a shovel.”

Norman walked up to Dox’s body & checked his breathing & heartbeat.

“Don’t overreact,” said Norman, “he’s only sleeping. Clair used her powers to slow down Dox’s body systems to a rate similar to sleeping. Bring him to a bed, so that he could dream well.”

Then, Dox, who was sucking his thumb, was being hoisted by Louis & Curtis to a bedroom upstairs.

“No, mother, I must suck it,” murmured Dox, which got Curtis’ attention.

“What kind of man sucks his thumb like that, hope he ain’t having any erotic dreams,” thought Curtis as he lifted Dox, “like ancestors, like descendants.”

“Clair, I wish to tell you more, but I can’t,” said Norman.

“Where’s my grandmother then?” asked Clair, “I want to see her.”

“She’s just passed on, but I know of another way, but it’s dangerous,” said Norman.

“I will do it still,” replied Clair boldly.

“If so, you must do a ritual that will send your soul to the Gate of Destiny where souls are herded,” said Norman, “you must convince the guardian to let you meet Maria. But it must be done fast, or else you will be trapped there forever.”

“In other words, she will…”said Penny.

“Yes…die,” continued Norman.

“How is the ritual done?” asked Clair.

Clair drew out a circular symbol from the floor out of some kind of red paint & lit some candles. Then, Clair walked inside the circle barefooted & sat in the middle & meditated there. Soon, they lost conscious.

The 1st thing Clair saw when she woke up was a tiny landmass that was apparently floating in a sea of lava. There were howls & screams everywhere & a very strong smell of sulfur & brimstone in the air. Clair then saw that there was a stone bridge of sorts that led to a huge gate.

“Must be the Gate of Destiny,” muttered Clair as she took off immediately.

In nearly no time, Clair reached the Gate of Destiny. It was indeed a huge gate, a few hundred times bigger than a normal gate. It had no door, just only an arch. 2 stone pillars were stationed near the Gate; their appearances were very frightening as they bared the faces of people of all kinds. The gate itself had several runes & ancient text engraved onto it, giving it an ancient look, as if it weren’t obvious already.

“Now where’s this guardian who resides here?” demanded Clair, whose single voice echoed throughout the near-infinite dimension.

Suddenly, a geyser of fire erupted from the ground. As the fire dissipated, a huge being appeared in front of Clair. Its form was concealed by a heavy black cloak; the only parts seen were its hands. The hands were both very bony, as if they were only bones. Its face was hidden by a long hood, only its eyes were seen. They were red like the flames around & a single glance of them gave Clair the message that it desired for blood. It carried a long scythe that could easily slice off anything with a single blow.

“Who…who are y…you?” asked Clair.

“He who guides the dead to their reward above & their judgment below,” said the being, “I’m the one they call the Grim Reaper. Clair Kinet, you are a living soul. Why have you come to the gate before your time?”

“To see my grandma, Maria Kinet,” Clair answered confidently.

“No, that is not allowed,” Said the Reaper, whose voice let no emotion, then it thrust its scythe at her. Clair’s eyes glowed & a shield formed around her, blocking the attack.

“A Psychic!” exclaimed the Reaper, “then I only will allow you passage should you beat me in a duel.”

“That’s something I could do, but I don’t have my deck with me,” said Clair, until a black mist covered her arm & formed into a Duel Disk with a deck inside. Where else, 6 scythe-like extensions were tore out of the Reaper’s back & the scythe in its hand was gone.

“Your deck should be in there,” said the Reaper as 5 cards appeared from its left hand, “and this will be my Shadow Energy Projector.”

“Huh!” responded Clair.

“My Duel Disk, which projects cards,” explained the Reaper, “What do the modern Duel Academies teach nowadays?”

“Well then, let’s duel!” exclaimed Clair as she also drew out her opening hand.

Reaper (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

Reaper (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

“My move & I draw!” said Clair, “I will summon Psycho Walld & place a face-down.” (ATK: 1900)

Then, an overgrown snail appeared along with a face-down card.

“My turn,” said the Reaper as a card appeared in its right hand, “I summon the Zombie Master.” (ATK: 1800)

Then, a zombie rose from the ground.

“Activate Zombie Master’s effect,” said the Reaper, “discard Monster Card Double Coston to Special Summon Zombie-Type monster Double Coston.” (ATK: 1700)

The card then disappeared from its hand & a twin blob of darkness appeared.

“I Release my monsters to Summon…Destiny Hero-The Dreadful PLUTO!!!” said the Reaper as the 2 monsters melded into a portal which gave way to a humanoid figure. His helmet was designed like a dragon skull, with a long red mane. His right hand was a dragon’s mouth, and the left one had a huge scythe-like claw attached. (ATK: 2800)

“What the hell?” exclaimed Clair?

“The Secret Destiny Card that even Aster Phoenix himself shunned & destroyed long ago,” said the Reaper, “fortunately, since I gained access to all things destroyed in the physical realm, I could easily take it for my own use.”

“I wonder why…”asked Clair.

“Because when this card was created, it was infused with a forbidden power of chaos, the same power that interfered & tainted Demise & Ruin, who will one day stage Armageddon upon the 1000 realms. This card harbors that same desire,” said the Reaper, “and now, he will attack your monster with Final Doomscythe!”

Under the Reaper’s command, Dreadful PLUTO flew up & slashed Psycho Walld with his scythe-like claw.

Reaper (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3100)

Reaper (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3100)

“I play Thought-Guided Force that will destroy your monster,” announced Clair.

“In response, I activate the Continuous Spell Card known as Destiny of Destruction,” said the Reaper calmly as the card appeared, depicting PLUTO in an area scorched in flames.

“But you can’t play that in the Battle Phase,” inquired Clair.

“True, but when The Dreadful PLUTO is targeted by a trap, it is activated from my hand,” replied the Reaper, “as long this card remains, PLUTO is immune to the effects of any of your Trap or Spell Cards.”

“Since PLUTO remains on the field, I can’t gain Life Points,” said Clair.

“Place 3 cards face-down & end turn,” said the Reaper as 3 cards appeared vertically on the field.

“Then I will draw,” said Clair, “I summon Sonic Chick & place 3 cards face-down and that will be all.” (DEF: 300)

Sonic Chick then appeared & ducked in cover & 2 more cards appeared as well.

“Draw,” said the Reaper, “I activate the Trap Card, D-Chain.”

The card flipped up & a long chain came out of it. PLUTO then noticed it & caught it with his dragonic arm, which then bonded with his arm. (ATK: 2800~3300)

“D-Chain is now attached to PLUTO & is granted 500 attack points,” said the Reaper, “now, attack Sonic Chick with Final Doomscythe!”

“I activate Solemn Wishes & Jar of Greed. Sonic Chick cannot be destroyed by monsters as powerful as your PLUTO,” Clair said as PLUTO tried to slash Sonic Chick, but it dodged the attack.

Reaper (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3600)

Reaper (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3600)

Reaper (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 600)

Reaper (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 600)

“My monster can give you damage even if your monster rests in defense mode & I am aware of that. I will now end my Battle Phase & use PLUTO’s effect,” said the Reaper, “He can destroy every monster whose attack or defense points are lower than the battle damage for this turn. Go, Armageddon Harvest Flare!”

PLUTO’s dragon head in his right arm opened & unleashed a stream of flames onto the field. Sonic Chick was instantly burnt by the impact.

“Now I play the Trap Card Reaper’s Toll,” said the Reaper as the card, depicting a woman in rags begging the Reaper before a gateway, lifted up, “When a monster is sent to the graveyard, you must pay 100 Life Points, or else it gets removed from play.”

“So what then,” retorted Clair, “I can just simply remove Sonic Chick from play easily?”

“Not when I play my next trap,” replied the Reaper as another card opened, depicting a castle being surrounded by a strong wall, “it’s called Royal Impregnable Fortress & it prevents anything from being removed from play.”

“But that means…” exclaimed Clair as she glowed.

Reaper (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 500)

Reaper (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 500)

“I have 8 times your life points & Reaper’s Toll works with Dreadful PLUTO to give you damage every turn,” said the Reaper, “just give up.”

Clair was suddenly at a loss with the Reaper’s deadly strategy & just stood there, not responding at all.

Back in the Real World, the others were watching Clair. They grew worried as Clair became pale & was sweating, as though she had a nightmare.

“This is all your fault!” yelled Penny, “if anything happens to Clair, I’m gonna to kick your ba…”

“Don’t overreact, Penny,” said Miora, “I’m certain that Clair will pull through, she always does.”

“She better…” said Penny.

Just then, Fuyuki’s eyes also glowed brightly across the room & everyone else gazed into it. The next thing everyone saw was Clair dueling against the Reaper in front of the Gate. They were all surprised, except for Fuyuki himself & Norman.

“So you’re a Psychic too,” said Norman.

“Yes,” answered Fuyuki, “I can’t explain it, but sometimes I can see into worlds that no one knew before.”

“Look!” exclaimed Penny, “Clair’s over there & she’s dueling. Come on, girl! We are behind you all the way.”

Soon, everyone else shouted & cheered Clair on. However, Clair was still in a daze from the last blow.

“Clair, if you do not conduct your turn in 1 minute’s time, you will be disqualified from the game,” said the Reaper as it looked at Clair.

Suddenly, the Duel Spirit of Mental Master appeared & cried out at Clair. Clair took some time to realize that, but she woke up from Mental Master & her friends’ cries.

“Sorry for that, but it’s now my turn,” said Clair.

Reaper (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 1000)

Reaper (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 1000)

“So my friends are still with me,” thought Clair, “that will be something the guardian of Death will never understand.”

“I summon Clevonce to the field,” said Clair as her Spirit Partner appeared. (ATK: 1200)

“Why did you call forth such a weakling?” inquired the Reaper.

“Don’t you call it a weakling, he’s my partner through thick & thin,” retorted Clair, “I will play Monster Reborn to call Psycho Walld.” (ATK: 1900)

The snail-like creature appeared as well.

“I will tune them both to summon Mental Annihilator!” (ATK: 2400)

The 2 monsters disappeared for the cybernetic fiend.

“I will now attack your PLUTO,” cried Clair, “and I will pay 900 Life Points to boost my Annihilator’s power.” (ATK: 2400~3800)

Reaper (LP: 3000) Clair (LP: 100)

Reaper (LP: 3000) Clair (LP: 100)

“I end my turn,” said Clair.

Then a card (Hinotama) appeared in the Reaper’s hand. He looked at it for a while & the cards disappeared from sight. Soon, the whole field vanished as well.

“What is the meaning of this?” asked Clair, who was puzzled.

“You have decreased my life points, a feat no one had ever accomplished before. As such, you have proven yourself worthy & your relative awaits on the other side,” said the Reaper while he also vanished from plain sight.

The Gate of Destiny then unleashed a blinding light & the phantom form of an elderly woman was seen.

“Clair, you have come,” said the woman on the other side.

“Grandma, is that you?” asked Clair.

“Yes, child,” replied Maria, “I have so much to tell you.”

“Then what is it?” asked Clair.

“I will be direct in this matter,” said Maria, “You are in grave danger. The Overmind seeks for you.”

“But who is this so-called Overmind?” asked Clair.

“A powerful Psychic who wishes to control the whole world, you must ensure that his plan never succeeds,” said Maria, “also, the Overmind & his minions can take control over anyone who lost to them in a Duel. Only other Psychics or those blessed with strong powers can resist them, but their heart & mind would wind up corrupted, just like Norman, until you defeated hin.”

“I see, I promise that I will put an end to the Overmind,” said Clair.

“Good, child. Now I must leave,” said Maria as she smiled & then disappeared.

Clair suddenly returned to the real world where everyone else were staring at her. Once they saw her living & moving, they all rejoiced.

“Clair!” cried Penny, “thought I lost you forever.”

“So how was the trip?” asked Norman.

“Welcome back, Clair,” said Layla.

“Hey there,” said Dox as he walked into the scene, while Curtis then immediately rushed upstairs, “so what did I miss?”

“Did you have sweet dreams?” inquired Macro slyly.

“Yeah, it’s about her & we were…”said Dox, before he decided to stop before he said something wrong.

“WHAT THE F****** HELL!” yelled Curtis from upstairs, “My bed is contaminated with Dox goo! You & I go outside now & settle this.”

Curtis then marched down & activated his Duel Disk. Dox then carried a worried face.

“Here we go again, he should really sign up an anger management course someday,” thought Penny as she stared at Curtis.

Card of the Day

Destiny Hero-The Dreadful PLUTO

DARK/Warrior-Effect/LV 9/ATK 2800/DEF 2100

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Releasing 3 monsters on your side of the field. After a Battle Phase that this card inflicted Battle Damage, destroy every monster on the field whose ATK or DEF (depending on battle position) is equal or lower the Battle Damage this card has inflicted this turn. During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent.

Reaper: The card of the Day is The Dreadful PLUTO. A member of the Destiny Heroes & Legendary Planet Monsters, he also carries the powers of Armageddon. Because of that, it was deemed too dangerous & was destroyed by Aster Phoenix himself. After a battle, he can destroy everything on the field whose stats are weaker than the damage taken.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Info on Next Chapter

New character: Bro, it’s you!

Marco: Uh…do I know you or something?

New Character: Who are you? You…must be the ones who kidnapped him!

Clair: Since you won’t listen, I’ll just have to duel you. Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind Chapter 10-Life Struggle!

Kai: Big bro, what are you doing?

(A tall man seeing Marco with Clair & gang)

(That same man yelling at Clair)

(Kai rushing to a duel)

(Clair glowing with lights, while lava dripped at her)

Archived