Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind (FINISHED)

Wyhe

cool new chapter! But i have started to notice a pattern in your posting...

It is always when I post mine. -.-'

Pretty good' date=' keep going!

[/quote']

that's just a coincidence & thanks for the comments too.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm... Reapers Toll and Royal Impregnable fortress... Wouldn't he have been better off with just Coffin Seller?

meh.

Still' date=' the grim reaper can really duel with the best of them.

Can't wait for the next chapter. But since I must, I may as well.

[/quote']

Sometime soon,I will post up every duelling character's deck & explain them all out.

There's a certain reason why the Reaper had to resort to using tricky combos like that...

Awsome chapter^^

casual.gif I was kinda busy earlier so i just got to reading it...

The reaper can duel well^^

Errg...there is one thing that bugs me...i wish the hero would lose somtimes ya know?

but the hero always wins..good triumphs over evil! Good

Still good, cant wait for the 10th installment^^

and again its all good...!! im really enjoying this fan fic.. at the end there i taught my character was getting another duel but reading the spoiler for next chapter doesnt look like it ah wat harm this is still great...!!!

1 question in the duel clairs lifepoints jump from 500 to 1000..?? y is this.??

and again its all good...!! im really enjoying this fan fic.. at the end there i taught my character was getting another duel but reading the spoiler for next chapter doesnt look like it ah wat harm this is still great...!!!

1 question in the duel clairs lifepoints jump from 500 to 1000..?? y is this.??

that's with the help of Solemn Wishes

“Did you have sweet dreams?” inquired Macro slyly.

Lol, my personality too. And, my guess, the next chapter involved my main characters,

OMG! Gona burst now with excitement

>in bathroom, blood splatters over windows<]

“Did you have sweet dreams?” inquired Macro slyly.

Lol' date=' my personality too. And, my guess, the next chapter involved my main characters,

OMG! Gona burst now with excitement

>in bathroom, blood splatters over windows<']

yup,next chapter will have the 3 brothers all together.

Ch 10-Life Struggle

Ch 10-Life Struggle

Clair woke up & walked up to the house as usual. On the furniture in the living room, Marco & Fuyuki were sleeping with blankets over them. As she looked the 2 boys, she recalled what happened at evening after dinner.

Norman & Dox both prepared to leave in Norman’s car & Clair rushed out to greet them farewell.

“Norman, thanks for everything,” Clair said as she held her medallion.

“Don’t mention it, just doing what I meant to do,” replied Norman humbly, “but I need you, Penny & Curtis to protect Fuyuki & Marco.”

“But why?” asked Clair.

“Look here. Fuyuki’s a Psychic with the power that seemingly transcends the dimensional boundaries. If the Overmind took him, he will be too dangerous,” said Norman, “and about Marco, his dueling is 1 of the deadliest in the Pro Leagues. I will now take Dox Crowler to a station to confirm his status.”

With that, Norman went inside his car & drove off.

Next morning, Clair decided to take Fuyuki & Marco out for a stroll. Eventually, Penny & Curtis also got themselves in the stroll too. As they were walking, Clair & Fuyuki went off & was then engaged in a conversation of their own.

“So you can see into other dimensions, like the one I went to yesterday,” said Clair.

“I believe that place is called Limbo, a realm that is between life & death,” replied Fuyuki, “and yeah, I can see them & there are thousands upon thousands of them out there.”

“Do you duel?” asked Clair.

“As a matter of fact, yes, indeed I do,” said Fuyuki, “do you want to try me on?”

From a distance, a tall man with blue hair looked at the gang, paying attention to Marco the most.

“Marco, he’s there!” he thought as he ran towards him.

Penny & Curtis noticed the person & blocked his way.

“Hey, let go of my bro!” shouted the man.

“Hold on, who do you think you are?” demanded Curtis.

“I’m Marco De’Lai’s elder brother, Damataeus De’Lai,” proclaimed the man, “and I think you guys were the masterminds behind my bro’s kidnapping.”

“Hey, that’s a groundless accusation you are throwing at us,” shouted Penny.

“You are my brother?” asked Marco sheepishly.

“Of course I am,” replied Damataeus, “can’t you remember?”

“That’s just it. He couldn’t remember,” said Curtis.

“Well, I’m saying that you guys tortured Marco till he lost his memories,” yelled Damataeus loudly, it was so loud that it caught Clair & Fuyuki’s attention & they ran back to the scene.

“What’s going on here?” asked Clair.

“Those 2 blokes are kidnappers who kidnapped Marco De’Lai!” yelled Damataeus, “They should be arrested!”

“How could say such things about my friends!” shouted back Clair.

“So you’re with them,” said Damataeus, “let’s have a little duel. If you win, we let this thing go. But if I win, Marco comes home with me & you 4 got a date with the Police.”

“Fine then!” responded Clair with a yell & her Duel Disk’s activation.

Damataeus (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

Damataeus (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

“I will go first!” said Clair, “and I summon the Mental Protector to defend me.” (DEF: 2200)

As she placed the card down, a robotic being appeared & raised its shield-like arms.

“I also play another card face-down & that’s it,” said Clair as the card appeared on the field.

“Then it’s my turn now,” said Damataeus, “and I will summon to the field, Fire Trooper.” (ATK: 1000)

“Hmph, that’s too weak to beat Clair’s Mental Protector,” thought Penny, “But even if he can make Fire Trooper attack directly, Mental Protector’s effect can stop him.”

“I will use his effect now & Release him to give you damage,” said Damataeus as his Fire Trooper combusted into flames & burnt Clair.

Damataeus (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3000)

Damataeus (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3000)

“I activate my Trap Card called Doppel Gainer,” said Clair as the card which depicted a man being attacked by identical figures appeared, “since you gave me Effect Damage, I’ll be a kind person & return you the pain.”

A whirlwind of fire blasted out of the card & scorched Damataeus.

Damataeus (LP: 3000) Clair (LP: 3000)

Damataeus (LP: 3000) Clair (LP: 3000)

“Now I play Last Will,” Damataeus said, “Since a monster has been sent to the grave, I can summon another monster with at most 1500 Attack points…like Burning Skull Head.” (DEF: 800)

Then, a flaming skull appeared onto the field & Clair cried as she was burnt again.

Damataeus (LP: 3000) Clair (LP: 2000)

Damataeus (LP: 3000) Clair (LP: 2000)

“Did I forget to mention that Burning Skull Head hits you for 1000 of your Life Points when he’s Special Summoned, I will just end my turn as soon as I place a face-down,” said Damataeus.

“1 turn & half of Clair’s Life Points gone like that!” thought Curtis, “this guy’s surely serious about it.”

“Then it’s my turn now!” said Clair as she drew her card, “I Release Mental Protector for my Storm Summoner!” (ATK: 2300)

The defensive robot was changed into a portal & released a weird creature with a satellite dish attached.

“I will equip him with Fairy Meteor Crush & attack your Skull now with Storm Calling!” cried Clair while Storm Summoner fired his laser from the satellite dish & destroyed the skull.

Damataeus (LP: 1500) Clair (LP: 2000)

Damataeus (LP: 1500) Clair (LP: 2000)

“I place 2 cards face-down & that’s that,” said Clair as she placed the cards onto her Duel Disk.

“I draw!” shouted Damataeus, “I summon Dummy Golem & activate my Trap Card now.” (ATK: 800)

Then, a weird-looking golem appeared & the card opened. It was a picture of a Haniwa falling into a pit of lava with the silhouette of a golem-like creature in the background. Marco stared at the newly activated card, remembering something from the past…

Marco had a Cyber Phoenix in Defense Mode on the field, while his opponent’s field only had a face-down card.

“I activate my Trap Card to call forth my Ultimate Beast!”

Then, a pool of magma appeared & a titanic monster rose out from it.

“What does that do?” inquired Penny.

“Search me?” replied Fuyuki.

“It’s called Lava Mancy!” exclaimed Marco, “This card allows that guy to pay 1000 Life Points & remove both a FIRE & Rock monster either on his field or his graveyard from play to call forth…”

“My ultimate creature…the Lava Golem!” shouted Damataeus as Dummy Golem & Fire Trooper were submerged by a pool of lava & a gigantic golem made of lava & molten rock appeared. (ATK: 3000)

Damataeus (LP: 500) Clair (LP: 2000)

Damataeus (LP: 500) Clair (LP: 2000)

“So you did remembered, don’t you,” thought Damataeus while he smiled.

“Wait! I thought Lava Golem can only be summoned when you Release 2 of my monsters & it will come to join me,” inquired Clair.

“Lava Mancy negates that & places him with me instead,” replied Damataeus, “not to mention that instead of burning me during the Standby Phase, he will burn you when he destroys a monster. Go & attack with Magma Impact!”

Lava Golem raised his fist & melted Storm Summoner away. A geyser of flames shot up & burnt Clair badly.

Damataeus (LP: 500) Clair (LP: 300)

Damataeus (LP: 500) Clair (LP: 300)

“Seeing you like this makes me feel so glad, I’ll rest my case for now,” said Damataeus.

Just then, Curtis thought what it would be like if Clair was given Lava Golem instead. Clair would draw her card for the turn, then some magma would leak into her flesh & she would yell in pain as her Life Points dropped. Nearby, Matt, Volt & Kai were walking along the area. They were carrying boxes of card packs.

“Boss, they are so heavy. Can we rest now?” demanded Volt.

“No. You rested 3 minutes ago, and they aren’t so heavy,” replied Matt, “just look at the kid, he can carry them so well & you…you disgust me!”

“Hey look!” exclaimed Kai who was looking at a distance, “there’s a duel over there.”

Soon, they all went to see the duel. Kai could recognize both duelists there.

“Hey, it’s that Clair girl we met,” said Volt.

“Yeah, but who’s the other guy I wonder?” asked Matt.

“Bro & Big Bro!” yelled Kai, whose shouting caught everyone’s attention.

“Kai?” questioned Damataeus, “what are you doing here?”

“Helping Boss & whatshisname,” answered Kai, who came out of hiding along with the others.

“You’re still with those doofuses,” said Penny.

“There’s no such word as ‘doofuses’, ‘doofus’ alone is the singular & plural,” corrected Curtis, whose comment annoyed Penny.

“Wait! You know them?” asked Damataeus, looking at Kai.

“Yeah, they helped me to get my card back,” answered Kai.

“Oh, sorry. I thought you guys were those who kidnapped my brother, I don’t how to make up for…”said Damataeus sheepishly.

“If you want to, then let us continue our duel!” exclaimed Clair as she drew her card.

“I activate the Trap Card called Psycho Trigger,” said Clair as the card opened, “since I have lower Life Points, I can remove 2 Psychic monsters just for 2 new cards.”

Mental Protector & Storm Summoner appeared momentarily before they vanished as grains of light, while Clair drew 2 more cards.

“I play the well-known card of my idol, the Graceful Charity Spell Card!” said Clair as she drew & discarded the cards.

“I play Spell Economics & Aport,” said Clair as the 2 cards appeared, “now I will summon the Level 3 Tuner monster Psycho Commander.” (ATK: 1400)

A man in a flying saucer with a cannon in front appeared.

“But don’t Aport’s effect drain away 800 Life Points from Clair?” inquired Volt.

“Usually, but Spell Economics prevents her from paying the amount since she would if so,” explained Matt.

“I will Normal Summon Clevonce & Special Summon Bolt Hedgehog,” said Clair as the 2 monsters appeared as well. (ATK: 1200) (ATK: 800)

“How did she summon that?” asked Volt.

“I discarded it when I used Graceful Charity,” answered Clair.

“And Bolt Hedgehog is immediately summoned once there’s a Tuner monster on the field,” said Marco.

“Level 3…Level 2…Level 2…that means she can Synchro Summon a Level 7 monster,” inferred Kai.

“No, she can’t,” said Fuyuki.

“Yup, in a Synchro Summon, there can only be 1 Tuner monster involved,” elaborated Damataeus, “unless!”

“I conduct a double Synchro Summon!” shouted Clair, “I tune Bolt HEdgehog with Psycho Commander to form the Magical Android!” (ATK: 2400)

Psycho Commander converted into rings that surrounded Bolt Hedgehog & they formed an semi-organic cyborg.

“That’s not all yet, for I will tune my Android with Clevonce & ditch Rambunctious Insect so that I can Synchro Summon a Level 8 monster like My Mental Sphere Archfiend!” (ATK: 2800)

The 2 monsters then disappeared for a giant flying fiend.

“Now I’ll activate my other Trap Card,” said Clair as the card opened, “It’s called Synchro Strike & my Archfiend gains 500 Attack points for every monster involved in its Synchro Summon.” (ATK: 2800~3800)

“But that means…”said Damataeus.

“Mental Sphere Archfiend, attack with Mental Lightning Strike!” shouted Clair as Mental Sphere Archfiend unleashed a lightning strike at Lava Golem & destroyed it.

Damataeus (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 300)

Damataeus (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 300)

“And that’s game,” yelled Clair.

“What a great duel & we finally found Marco again,” said Damataeus.

“Yeah, but he’s a bit amnesic,” said Fuyuki.

“How about that we take him home & try to refresh his memories,” suggested Kai.

“Sure thing, Marco’s my friend too & I want him to remember the truth too,” said Fuyuki & the others nodded.

“Good, then let’s go home,” said Damataeus as he helped Marco up, BUT Kai went the other way.

“Where are you going?” asked Damataeus.

“Helping Boss with his chores,” said Kai happily as he walked off Matt & Volt.

“That kid sure got more…better nowadays,” thought Damataeus as he walked.

In a sky citadel far away, the Overmind stood in his throne room where he was angered at what was missing.

“That ingrate!” yelled the Overmind, whose single voice echoed throughout the citadel, “he stole it from me!”

“Your Highness, shall I send someone to retrieve it from you?” asked the blue knight, who was standing nearby.

“Do it now!” yelled the Overmind.

“I hear & obey,” replied the knight as he exited the room.

“Dear Marco, you seriously believe that the Overmind’s power could be extinguished from fleeing,” said the Overmind as he regained his calm demeanor & laughed soon after.

Card of the Day

Lava Mancy Normal Trap Pay 1000 Life Points. Remove 1 FIRE & 1 Rock-Type monster on your side of the field & in your graveyard from play to Special Summon 1 “Lava Golem” to your side of the field, ignoring all Summoning conditions. Its effect is negated & it gains the following effect: -When this card destroys a monster in battle & sends it to the graveyard, inflict 1000 points of damage to the opponent.

Damataeus: Today’s special card is the Trap Card of Lava Mancy. Add in 1000 Life Points, a FIRE monster & a Rock monster, a Lava Golem is all ready to serve you. He will not hurt you, hurts the opponent even more instead.

Marco: I could have sweared that remember dueling someone who used that card before…

Damataeus: That was me! Must I repeat over a thousand times?

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Info on Next Chapter

Marco: Home sweet home, or least that’s what I think.

Damataeus: Relax, bro. You’ve been through enough already.

Blue Knight: Marco De’Lai, you took something from the Overmind & he’s not happy about it. Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Chapter 11-Even Match!

Matt: It’s you! Let’s settle scores once & for all.

(Marco returning home)

(The Blue Knight coming in with 2 cloaked grunts)

(Matt getting agitated)

(Several walls of mirrors appeared)

That's a new way to use Lava Golem...

Marco escaped the Overmind's control! Imagine what he may know when he breaks out of the amnesia.

Well' date=' good chapter. Wonder what will happen next.

[/quote']

not to mention that he took something that's vital to the Overmind's latest plan.

Hint: It is a common theme in the Yugioh series & has similarities with how Yugioh 5d's is at now.

That's a new way to use Lava Golem...

Marco escaped the Overmind's control! Imagine what he may know when he breaks out of the amnesia.

Well' date=' good chapter. Wonder what will happen next.

[/quote']

not to mention that he took something that's vital to the Overmind's latest plan.

Hint: It is a common theme in the Yugioh series & has similarities with how Yugioh 5d's is at now.

I dont know. never watched 5d's.

GO MARCO! Shame about dama (damataeus) tho. but then again, clair is a brill dueller. Marco and her should duel ¬.¬

EPIC!

10/10

WHYE, I am now up to date with this fanfic.

The one thing thats really good about this is the story.

Story=10/10

I like all the characters so far, and I wish to find out more about everyone, especaily, Clair and The Overmind. The overall idea itself is very good. I see you have also tried to add humour, I like humour. The swearing was quite humourous. Anyway, I liked how you ended ch 10. I wounder what he stole? And the fact that Marco lost his memory adds to that and makes it even more interesting. And then a blue knight? All the more interesting. I can't wait for my guy to come in, well, if he does. I can't wait to see more.

Best of luck Whye, on your next chapter!

I'LL BE WAITING.

~The Emperor of The Future

Archived