Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind (FINISHED)

Wyhe

"I activate Divine Wind!” announced Clair' date=' “it sends your card effect that damages me back to you with double the amount, how ironic that an unholy force has to be stopped by a holy power.”

Talk about overkill LOL.

comforted Sakura, “I am freed long ago.”

"I am freed long ago" sounds a bit off, maybe "I was freed long ago."

Anyway, great job. Keep it up!

[/quote']

thanks for the correctings there.

Here are a few questions to raise for the plotline

Clair is the daughter of the Overmind! What will she do now? Join her father in his mad quest or fight against his campaign...but could she still fight with all her might?

The Ally...he's a mysterious man who seems to be working for everybody. What are his true plans & objectives?

If you had realized by now, where's Penny? They say that she was taken away & never seen since then.

What are those projects that the Research Corps are working on? Will we see them soon?

And what about the 2 medallions? Are they significant in anyway? What can they really do?

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh dear god that demon thing they are working on is Penny OMG

and now my guess is that the ally saved the overmind so that Father and Daughter could fight together against a greater evil.

the demon project is not Project Avalon, Avalon is a special project soon & Penny's selected for the test subject for it.

the second one is quite dramatic here,but it is not the case...you'll see for yourselves

[spoiler=Ch 54-Truth & Justice]

Clair, an orphan who taken in by Louis & Layla for about a decade or so, had always believed that both her parents & the rest of her family were long dead. Maria Kinet’s case was a different one, but still she died in the end. However, never did she ever dreamt or thought that the recently-entitled Overmind Liberion, an apparent Psychic supremacist, was actually her biological father.

Currently, everyone in the house was in a complete state of shock, 2 things had just occurred & they weren’t all that expected of. Firstly, Overmind Liberion just formally announced his plans for worldwide revolution. But the surprise of that paled in comparison to the second truth…that Clair Kinet was the daughter of Liberion!

“Uncle Louis…you can’t be serious, can you?” asked Clair.

“Clair, I’m not joking. It is him, your father,” said Louis, “I never thought that he would survive to this date. Your mother, Cassandra, claimed that he was killed in a failed negotiation.”

“Apparently, he survived & was just on TV,” remarked Curtis, “so he’s Uncle Severus, eh?”

“Yeah, I thought he looked familiar for a second there,” said Layla, “our 2 families were old friends back then.”

“Can someone explain the whole deal from the very beginning, please?” requested Norman.

“Ok, I will,” said Louis, “It all started all those years…”

Year 2048 CE-Oregeorrgia

Louis & Layla were a recently-married couple at that time & were moving in to their new home in Oregeorgia. Layla was just outside their new home as Louis was moving the furtiture in with the help of some workers.

“Thanks there,” said Louis as he signed a form that a worker gave him.

“Just doing our job, nothing special,” replied the worker as he took off in his trunk.

“You know, Honey, I have a feeling that this place is going to be great,” said Layla.

Unbeknownst to the newlyweds, there was a biker spying on them from a distance. He was bald & wearing a black sleeveless jacket with a dark blue undershirt & jeans with that colour. He was grinning as he saw the contents within the house.

“All that loot & I can just snag them all,” said the biker, “what could they do against me anyway?”

The biker then drove his motorbike towards their house & launched out his gas exhaust on them.

“Yo, newbies!” yelled the biker, “If you want no trouble at all, gimme all your valuables or I’ll have to use more violent means!”

However, the biker was suddenly thrown off his bike by an invisible force. As the biker looked up to see his attackers, he saw another couple as well. The man was a redhead wearing a white suit bearing a wing shape with an eye in the middle & he looked rather angry. A Duel Disk was seen strapped onto his arm.

“You who tries to suppress others with false power, suffer under the wrath of our game,” said the man, “Cassandra, please let go.”

“Severus, is this really necessary?” asked Cassandra.

“This bloke thinks he can just walk up to people & then demand things from them like that, he should be handled with,” said Severus, “but we will have a different game in mind.”

“What, a duel?” asked the biker, struggling in his fear.

“No, but something similar,” said Norman as he held up his Duel Disk, “take out your deck.”

Following his orders, the biker took out his own deck of cards.

“This is called the Test of Bonds, which shall see how you tie in with your deck,” explained Severus, “we each shall draw out 6 cards as our hand. This will be our opening hand.”

Both of them drew out 6 cards to form their hand.

“Now you must play your cards in a way to summon a powerful monster,” said Severus, “I can summon Fusion or Synchro Monsters if I have all the needed components. As a final rule to the game, you can shuffle any number of cards to draw out the same number back to your deck, but it only allies to each of us for an unlimited period of time.”

“Sounds simple enough,” said the biker as he looked at his hand, “but it’s so hard…”

His hand consisted of Montage Dragon, Reverse Trap, Flute of Summoning Dragons, Kuriboh, Watapon & Dragon’s Treasure.

‘Having difficulties with the Test of Bonds or do you have a weak link with your deck;” wondered Severus, “let me give a demonstration of this Game! I summon my most trusted Mind Master!”

The yellow floating light bulb-creature appeared & hovered around the area.

“How did that happen!?” exclaimed Louis, “they are not using Duel Disks!”

“Ha! You expect to win like that!” remarked the biker arrogantly.

“It would seem that you don’t perceive unity as vital, but this game stresses on it!” said Severus, “I Release my Mind Master for Storm Caller!”

The light bulb creature melded into a portal as a floating being with a satellite dish on its back appeared.

“But that’s all! I play Revival Gift & give you something & for me, my Mind Master,” said Severus as 2 blobs appeared with the biker & Mind Master reappeared, “now I Tune them together! Ascend to a plane beyond all existence! Enlighten thee with light of guidance! Synchro Summon! Rise from nothingness, the Astral Plane Dragon!”

The 2 monsters then merged up as the green dragon monster that roared loudly on sight.

“Your move buddy…” said Severus calmly.

“Urg…I switch in for a brand new hand,” said the biker.

As such, he shuffled in the cards & drew out 6 new cards. However, he realised that the new set was still the same as the previous cards & was shocked.

“Did you draw yourself a bad hand?” asked Severus.

“I redo my switch again!” said the biker as he did the same, but still had the same hand again, “what is going on? My hand is worthless & is still that way!!!”

The biker went ballistic & peeked at his entire deck for the cards he needed.

“Hey he cheated!” claimed Louis.

“Nah, leave him for that move was one of his choice,” said Severus.

“Yes, by ditching my Spiral Serpent, Tri-Horned Dragon & Cyber-Tech Alligator, I can call forth my Montage Dragon!” cried the biker as a three-headed purple dragon appeared, “now you’re finished!”

“On the contrary, that was what I was about to say myself,” said Severus as both dragon turned to face the biker & fired their attacks on him, “If one is strong with his deck, they can draw the cards they need almost immediately. However, for those who perceive cards as mere tools will see a powerful card that cannot be used & will always the same hand where there could be no results produced. When one searches the deck for the right combination shall forfeit the game under disqualification. Now leave & be thankful it was not a real duel to begin with for I can crush you easily.”

Out of fear, the biker then ran off in fear. Louis & Layla went up to the stranger & thanked him.

‘Thank you, Mr. Severus,” said Louis, “but how did those monsters come out?”

“So you ought to be our new neighbors, right,” said Severus, “can you keep a secret?”

“And that was when I first met the Kinets,” said Louis, “He revealed to us that they were Psychics, a group of meta-humans who made an eternal vow to govern the world order. At that time, he was the recently-promoted High Knight of Arcadius, the second highest position in Arcadius next to the Great Overmind.

“Not only was he a loyal Knight of Arcadius & a great friend,” said Layla, “he was also an accomplished duelist himself, but he started to duel less when he became the High Knight.”

“But then the Genocide happened & everything just went mad,” assumed Norman.

“If I recalled, he was dueling the Duel King of Oregeorgia at the time when it happened…” claimed Louis.

Severus & Noland were inside Warehouse 13 with MC Ben & Louis as the bystanders. The duel was about to change its tide as Severus had just summoned his Astral Plane Dragon to the field while Noland had Bron, Mad King of Dark World on the field.

“Astral Plane Dragon, send that Mad King to peace with your Astral Burst!” commanded Severus as the dragon blasted Bron away with its attack.

“I place 1 face-down card & end my turn,” said Severus, “I’m going to win this duel soon.”

“That’s what they always say before they lose before me,” said Noland as he drew, “I play Dark World Corridor to add a Dark World Monster to my hand & I discard it immediately.”

Noland took a card from his deck & quickly discarded it away.

“Any reasons for doing that,” wondered MC Ben.

“Because that card is called Celri, Monk of Dark World, and he is automatically summoned to the opponent’s side of the field,” said Noland as the fiend appeared, “with that done, I can discard Reign-Beaux & he is Special Summoned by its own effect.”

The completely dark fiend of Dark World appeared & hoisted its mighty staff in the sky.Both Astral Plane Dragon & Celri were destroyed by a blast of darkness.

“With its effect, I can destroy all your monsters!” said Noland, “and that means direct attack & I win!”

“Bring it on! I activate my Trap Card…” said Severus as his handphone rang, “yeah?”

“Severus, the humans are attacking us in Sector 58! We are losing out in terms of numbers & request for further backup!” said the Psychic on the other line.

Suddenly, Severus quickly took off his Duel Disk & gave it to Louis.

“I’m going to be gone for quite a long time, please take care of Cassandra & Clair while I’m gone,” said Severus as he dashed out.

“What did he think he was doing?” yelled Noland, “let me see his last card!”

As he looked at the card, he was shocked to see it was Cosmic Blast.

“Had he played that, you would’ve lost,” said MC Ben, “be thankful of that phone call.”

“And that was how I got his deck,” said Louis, “and Cassandra gave you to our care, I had decided to let you learn dueling like your father had himself.”

“So it all makes sense now,” said Norman, “but I don’t think we should tell anyone else about this. I fear for the worst to happen with this knowledge.”

“Yeah, but Clair, what will you do now that you knew the truth?” asked Fuyuki.

“I…I…I just need more time to think about it,” said Clair as she left the house with a slam of the door.

“Guess she couldn’t take the blow, could she?” wondered Norman, ‘but what’s this on TV?”

“This is an emergency news broadcast! Throughout the world in every government unions & federations, there are a series of violent riots everywhere. It would seem that the recent speech of Overmind Liberion had taken an effect on them to rise up against the governments of the world. Various internal securities forces had been dispatched to neutralize the problems; however they had not succeeded due to the high numbers. We shall update you with further notices & This is your ever-lovely reporter, Mary Willis, and I bid you good-bye.”

“That speech alone just sparked off everyone like that,” said Curtis.

“Severus always did have a thing for the gift of the gab,” said Layla, “in fact, he did want to make the world a peaceful place to live in.”

After the strong heart-felt speech of Overmind Liberion, Liberion & Marin were on their way to the Research Labs.

“Excellent job on your performance there, my Lord,” congratulated Marin, “the general mundane population is now putting off a strong resistance effort against the governments & soon our dream world shall be a reality.”

“Indeed,” replied Liberion.

“And why had you chosen ‘Liberion’ as your title, not that I object its use?” asked Marin.

“It represents freedom, just as how I shall free all under the illusory rule & back in the grace of the God,” said Liberion.

“How noble are you, my Great Overmind Liberion,” said the Ally as he appeared in front of them, “what a wondrous speech you had made there & Sir Marin, I request your help to weed out a potential threat to your Overmind’s rule.”

“Of course,” said Marin as he followed the Ally & disappeared with him.

“Your Highness…” said Oblivia as she approached Liberion, “who was that man who snagged Marin from you?”

“He is my ally & Marin is now on a top-secret mission,” said Liberion, “now, how is Project Avalon?”

“Yes, we are only about to begin the procedures soon,” said Oblivia as she held a black box in front of her, “Behold, the legendary Avalon’s Box! Sealed deep within it lays the sleeping spirit of the Psychic, Morgan le Fay, who was a member of Arcadius under the regime of Overmind Ravenclaw, as known to those commoners as Merlin.”

Luna was walking alone along the streets of Oregeorgia, thinking about her future actions from there.

“Should I find this ‘Arcadius’ & due them?” wondered Luna.

“Greetings, Ms Luna,” said the Ally as he sat on a bench & looked at her cheerfully, “what brings you much worries? But let me guess, you wish to know who the one who summoned the Crimson Dragon was?”

“How did you know?” exclaimed Luna.

“That does not matter…Signer, now follow me please,” said the Ally calmly as he moved out into the park & Luna followed him.

Deep inside the park, Luna had lost track of the Ally, but found someone else…Marin.

“It’s you! The one who holds the Signer Dragons!” cried Luna as she rolled up her sleeves to reveal her Dragon Claw Birthmark, “as a Signer, I shall not let you use those counterfeit cards!”

“Ever since this tournament had ended, the dragon cards were all turned into dust due to the high Momentum output,” said Marin, “but you are a threat to my Lord, so let’s duel!”

[align=center]

Marin (LP: 4000) Luna (LP: 4000)[/align]

“My turn,” said Luna, “I summon my Mystical Elf in Defense Mode!” (800/2000)

A blue-skinned elf wearing a long flowing gown appeared on the field & knelt down in a prayer pose.

“I set 2 face-down cards & end my turn,” said Luna.

“I draw,” said Marin, “and I summon the Tuner Monster, Chaos-End Master in Attack Mode!” (1500/1000)

An angelic warrior in golden armor appeared & flapped its wings.

“Now attack her with Chaos Wing!” commanded Marin.

Chaos-End Master swiped his wings to form a cross of light & darkness to hit the Mystical Elf.

“And is there a point in this?” asked Luna.

“When my Chaos-End Master has destroyed a monster, I can summon a Level 5 or higher monster with at least 1600 Attack Points,” explained Marin, “so I choose the Level 5 Sphere of Chaos.” (1600/0)

Suddenly, a black orb with little golden outlines appeared.

“That’s it! I play Buster Trap!” said Luna, “now that you had Special Summoned a monster in the Battle Phase, I can destroy it & end the Battle Phase.”

Suddenly, the Sphere of Chaos exploded into shards.

“Pretty clever there, since anyone who uses Synchro Monsters must find ways to summon more than once to call out their big guns,” said Marin, “I set 2 cards face-down & end my turn.”

“I draw,” said Luna, “I summon my Sunlight Unicorn in Attack Mode.” (1800/1000)

A snow-white unicorn with a blue flaming mane on its neck, legs & tail appeared & it neighed.

“Once per turn, I’m allowed to check the top card of my deck & if the card was a Spell Card, I can take it to my hand,” said Luna, “so let’s see what we’ve got here.”

Luna drew out the top card of her deck & revealed it as Lightwave Tuning.

“Since it is a Spell Card, it goes into my hand & I think I should use it too,” said Luna as Sunlight Unicorn glowed in a blue light, “now my little horse is a Tuner Monster.”

“But a Tuner on its own is a bit worthless, don’t you think?” remarked Marin.

“That’s why I activate a Trap Card called Hollowed Revival. It can Special Summon a monster from my graveyard, but its Level will be cut by 1 & its stats will be halved,” said Luna.

Mystical Elf reappeared, but it looked slightly sickly. (800/2000~400/1000, LV: 4~3)

“Now I conduct the Tuning of my Mystical Elf with my Sunlight Unicorn! Now I can Synchro Summon my Ancient Fairy Dragon!” announced Luna. (2100/3000)

Sunlight Unicorn turned into 4 rings of light that flew towards Mystical Elf, which became 3 stars. Then, a great beam of light shone & the turquoise streamlined dragon with butterfly wings appeared & roared majestically.

“Hmm, you sure summoned your dragon rather quickly,” remarked Marin, “I counter that attack with my face-down Soul Switch; by sending my Chaos-End Master to the graveyard, I can summon another monster to the field in the same Position like my Sphere of Chaos!” (1600/0)

“Regardless, I’ll still attack your Sphere of Chaos!” said Luna, “attack!”

Ancient Fairy Dragon let out a powerful blast of orange light towards the Sphere of Chaos; however it was not destroyed somehow.

[align=center]

Marin (LP: 3500) Luna (LP: 4000)[/align]

“Did I forget to mention that my Sphere of Chaos cannot be destroyed in battle once per turn?” said Marin as he noticed Luna’s shocked expression, “seeing your face already screams out ‘I didn’t’ already.”

“I end my turn then,” said Luna.

“Draw,” said Marin, “I play Revival Gift to grant you 2 Gift Fiend Tokens & for me, a Tuner Monster!”

Chaos-End Master appeared with Marin’s side, (1500/1000) while 2 blob-like creatures appeared in puffs of smoke on Luna’s side. (1500/1500 x2)

“With these 2 monsters, I shall now invoke Synchro Summon! I Tune my Sphere of Chaos into my Chaos-End Master!” exclaimed Marin, “Holy light of The Lord grace our duel! Let us bathe in all its radiance! Synchro Summon! Shine in your glory, Light End Dragon!” (2600/2100)

In a burst of white light, a pure-white dragon with a golden headdress appeared on the field.

“But shouldn’t it only apply when the non-Tuner Monster is a LIGHT Monster? I thought Sphere of Chaos is a DARK Monster!” remarked Luna.

“Sphere of Chaos’ effect allows it to be treated as a DARK Monster,” said Marin, “now I attack your Ancient Fairy Dragon & my dragon’s effect activates! By cutting 500 of its Attack points, I can cut off 1500 points off your dragon’s points! Go, Light Expansion!”

Light End Dragon unleashed a burst of shining light at Ancient Fairy Dragon, which weakened it. (2600/2100~2100/1600, 2100/3000~600/1500)

“Go, Shining Sublimation!” commanded Marin as Light End Dragon launched a blast of light at its foe.

Marin (LP: 3500) Luna (LP: 2500)

Marin (LP: 3500) Luna (LP: 2500)

“Had it enough of it,” said Marin, “I place 2 face-down cards & end my turn.”

“Draw,” said Luna, “guess it’s time to go to the defensive lines now. I activate Wicked Reborn, which Special Summon 1 Synchro Monster from my graveyard, though it can’t battle this turn. Return now, my Ancient Fairy Dragon!” (2100/3000)

Suddenly, the Ancient Fairy Dragon reappeared & gracefully covered itself with its wings.

“I play Card of Sanctity to draw out a full hand for my game,” said Luna as she & Marin drew a full hand of 6 cards, “now I summon Nurse Reficule the Fallen One in Defense Mode!” (1400/600)

A demonic being appeared on the field, it had several chain-like wings & was wrapped in bandages of some kind that left only her hair exposed.

“By the effect of my Ancient Fairy Dragon, I can summon another monster by its effect & I choose my loyal Kuribon in Defense Mode as well,” said Luna. (300/200)

A brown cute-looking fluff ball appeared. It was armless & had a red ribbon tied to its tail.

“Now I activate my A. Wall Continuous Spell Card,” said Luna, “for every monster I have in Defense Mode, all of them gets a 300 defense point bonus & can’t be destroyed in battle.” (2100/3000~2100/4500, 1500/1500~1500/3000, 1400/600~1400/2100, 300/200~300/1700)

“So the Signer had formed up a powerful defensive barrier on her side,” noted the Ally as he watched from the sidelines, “of course there is a weakness that if any of her monsters were forced to be in Attack Mode, that card will be destroyed & every other monster that she has will go to Attack Mode too with their Attacks halved, but how will Marin handle this?”

“Draw,” said Marin, “I attack your Reficule with Shining Sublimation & with that, Light Expansion activates too! Following that, I play Dragon’s Rage for some damage!” (2100/1600~1600/1100, 1400/2100~0/600)

Marin (LP: 3500) Luna (LP: 900)

Marin (LP: 3500) Luna (LP: 900)

“And that’s not all! I activate Lineage of Destruction!” said Marin, “when a defensive monster my opponent controls had just been destroyed, I can allow a Level 8 Monster attack twice in a row, so here’s Strike 2 against your Reficule, Shining Sublimation!” (1600/1100~1100/600, 0/600~0/0)

Marin (LP: 3500) Luna (LP: 0)

Marin (LP: 3500) Luna (LP: 0)

“No, I’ve lost!” cried Luna as she fell down.

“And that’s what happens to all who think otherwise of my Lord’s ideals,” said Marin coldly.

“Well done, Sir Marin. Liberion has chosen a strong & able High Knight by his side,” said the Ally, “so what are you going to do now?”

“I shall use my powers to cloud her judgment so that she won’t stop my Lord’s plans again,” said Marin as he tapped her forehead & his eyes glowed, “I better return to join my Lord.”

In a few moments, Marin was gone from view & the Ally could only look down on the unconscious form of Luna & smiled at her.

“My Trials are now coming together now,” said the Ally, “Clair Kinet, let me see how you can live with your destiny now.”

Meanwhile, Clair was in the park & was in deep thought on what happened.

“Oh…what can I do now?” cried Clair, “I really want to meet my Dad since I was young, but now that wish might be granted but…”

Suddenly, Luna walked towards her with blank & null eyes; that expression brought fear & intimidation towards Clair. The Ally was overseeing all this from a nearby location.

“Duel me,” said Luna blankly.

“Clair Kinet, show me if you are just skillful as your father had been by defeating her,” said the Ally.

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

Light End Dragon

LIGHT/Dragon-Synchro/LV 8/ATK 2600/DEF 2100

1 Tuner + 1 or more LIGHT non-Tuner monsters

Activate only when this card attacks or is attacked. Decrease this card's ATK and DEF by 500, and decrease the ATK and DEF of an opponent's monster that this card battles with by 1500 until the End Phase.

Marin: Today’s Card shall be the second & better half of Dark End Dragon, the Light End Dragon! It may not seem to be much, but the beast can lower its own Attack by 500 & force the target’s Attack by 1500 points! Since this effect works every time in battle, it can take out most opponents. However, I must be careful lest I drain it off its Attacks.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Clair: For unknown reasons, I am now forced into a duel with this old lady with her arm glowing out a birthmark of some kind. Her strategies may not be that out-front, but is still a force to be reckoned with! Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 55-Pasicifist Stance! Against her defensive front, I shall summon you, my Astral Plane Dragon!!!

"My turn,” said Luna, “I summon my Mystical Elf in Defense Mode!” (800/2000)

A blue-skinned elf wearing a long flowing gown appeared on the field & knelt down in a prayer pose.

“I draw,” said Marin, “and I summon the Tuner Monster, Chaos-End Master in Attack Mode!” (1500/1000)

Chaos-End Master swiped his wings to form a cross of light & darkness to hit the Mystical Elf.

“When my Chaos-End Master has destroyed a monster, I can summon a Level 5 or higher monster with at least 1600 Attack Points,” explained Marin, “so I choose the Level 5 Sphere of Chaos.” (1600/0)

umm... How did it defeat the mystical elf?

“But shouldn’t it only apply when the non-Tuner Monster is a LIGHT Monster? I thought Sphere of Chaos is a DARK Monster!” remarked Luna.

“Sphere of Chaos’ effect allows it to be treated as a DARK Monster,” said Marin,

i thought it was a dark ORIGINALLY, wha?

Aside from those two errors, seems pretty good. Although if a signer couldn't stop the overlord's KNIGHT, they are definitely tougher then originally thought.

"My turn' date='” said Luna, “I summon my Mystical Elf in Defense Mode!” (800/2000)

umm... How did it defeat the mystical elf?

“Sphere of Chaos’ effect allows it to be treated as a DARK Monster,” said Marin,

i thought it was a dark ORIGINALLY, wha?

Aside from those two errors, seems pretty good. Although if a signer couldn't stop the overlord's KNIGHT, they are definitely tougher then originally thought.

[/quote']

Marin is no mere knight,but a high knight...something even better than a knight

high knight is like the second-in-command

[spoiler=Ch 55-Pasicifist Stance]

Luna was staring right at Clair, who was surprised to see another person there; however she also had a bad feeling about her at the same time too.

“Who are you?” demanded Clair.

“I am Luna, 1 of the 5 legendary Signers & true holder of the Ancient Fairy Dragon!” introduced Luna, “now duel me! I don’t have all day for this!”

“I have no time for this,” responded Clair.

“Ah…but you must, Ms Clair,” said the Ally as he revealed himself, “like Norman, this lady’s soul is clouded by darkness & must be dueled in order to be saved.

Clair then turned towards Luna & thought for a while before raising up her own Duel Disk.

“But if you must insist…” said Clair, “then let it be so.”

Luna (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

Luna (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

“I’ll begin first,” said Clair, “and summon my Mind Protector in Defense Mode!” (0/2200)

The yellow machine then appeared on the field & struck a defensive position with its hands.

“I set 2 face-down cards & end my turn,” said Clair.

“Let’s go!” said Luna, “I start off with this card called Terraforming, which allows me to take a Field Spell Card & put it in my hand.”

Luna then scavenged her deck & took 1 of them to her hand.

“Now I activate it right away, the Ancient Forest!” said Luna as she placed the Spell Card & trees had surrounded the entire area. There was a single light shining brightly over the area & Mind Protector suddenly rose up.

“What happened to Mind Protector?” exclaimed Clair.

“Ancient Forest forces all Monsters to be in Attack Mode,” explained Luna, “and I summon Sunlight Unicorn in Attack Mode.” (1800/1000)

A white unicorn with a blue mane appeared & neighed loudly.

“Good shot, but my Mind Protector’s effect prevents all non-Psychic Monsters on the field with less than 2000 Attack Points from attacking,” said Clair, “so you’re pretty much stuck!”

“But I can still use his effect to check the top card of my deck; should it be a Spell Card, I can take it,” said Luna as she drew out the card, “and it’s…Graceful Charity & I’ll use it too!”

Luna then drew 3 cards, followed by 2 discards from her hand.

“Now I set 2 cards face-down & end my turn,” said Luna.

“I draw,” said Clair, “keeping my Mind Protector is a costly one for I must pay 500 Life Points now.”

Luna (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3500)

Luna (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3500)

“Now I summon Psychic Berserker in Attack Mode!” said Clair. (2000/100)

A seemingly patched-up monster made out of body parts appeared & slowly lurched forward.

“He can easily crush your pretty pony with his attacks, so take it down!” commanded Clair as Psychic Berserker ran towards Sunlight Unicorn.

“I activate Staunch Defender so that all your monsters must attack my Sunlight Unicorn including that Mind Protector of yours that has a grand Attack point of…0,” said Luna as Mind Protector also joined in the battle.

As Mind Protector rushed in, Sunlight Unicorn quickly pierced it with its horn. But it was not over yet as Psychic Berserker rammed in & crushed Sunlight Unicorn. After the battles, Psychic Berserker suddenly exploded into shards.

Luna (LP: 3800) Clair (LP: 1700)

Luna (LP: 3800) Clair (LP: 1700)

“What just happened?” wondered Clair.

“Behold, the effect of my Ancient Forest,” explained Luna, “as a world that rejects violence itself, it instantly destroys any monster that commits battling.”

“But that doesn’t mean that I’m still down & out yet,” said Clair, “I play Call of the Haunted to revive my Psychic Berserker again!” (2000/100)

The giant monster reappeared & groaned with joy.

“Now I end my turn,” said Clair.

“I draw,” said Luna, “I activate my face-down Trap Trip to take back a Trap Card in my graveyard & I choose my only Trap Card there, my Staunch Defender of course.”

The card slid out of the graveyard slot & Luna took it back as her hand.

“Oh no, now you can use that same trick again,” said Clair.

“Ah, but I believe I will now use my Unicorn’s effect again,” said Luna as she took out the card, “say it’s a Monster Card, so it’s off to the bottom of my deck.”

Luna then placed the card at the bottom of her deck.

“I set 2 face-down cards & that’s it,” said Luna.

“I draw,” said Clair, “like my Mind Protector, my Psychic Berserker also forces a toll of 500 Life Points at this point.”

[align=center]

Luna (LP: 3800) Clair (LP: 1200)[/align]

“Now I play Psychic Cyclone to destroy…the middle card,” said Clair as she focused herself, “…and that ought to be a…Spell Card!”

The middle card opened up & was shown to be Shrink. There were winds blowing towards it & the card was gone. Clair then drew 1 card to it.

“So, she used her inner senses to deduce the card’s identity…how clever of her,” said the Ally.

“Now I summon Mind Master in Attack Mode!” said Clair as the creature appeared, (100/200) “and I Tune Psychic Berserker into Mind Master! Ancient magic & distant technology combine as 1 force to lead a path straight to the stars. Soul of silicon, align into existence. Synchro Summon, Magical Android!” (2400/1700)

Mind Master turned into a ring of light that turned Psychic Berserker into 4 orbs, and then Magical Android appeared on the field.

“Take out that unicorn with Mystical Cyber Blast!” commanded Clair as the Android launched an energy blast from her staff.

Luna (LP: 3200) Clair (LP: 1200)

Luna (LP: 3200) Clair (LP: 1200)

After the attack, the Magical Android suddenly broke into shards.

“By effect of Ancient Forest, it has destroyed your Magical Android!” said Luna, but that’s not all for I activate Damage Condenser to summon a Monster whose Attack is less than the Damage I just took by discarding a card.”

“And you just took 600 points of damage, so what are you summoning?” asked Clair.

Suddenly, a orange-pink fluff ball appeared & purred cutely. (200/300)

“Why, my Tuner Monster, the Hanewata,” said Luna.

“I set 2 face-downs & end my turn,” said Clair.

“Now I draw,” said Luna, “and I remove both Sunlight Unicorn & the Kuribon that I had discarded via Graceful Charity in order to Special Summon my Soul of Purity & Light!” (2000/1800)

The faint images of both monsters appeared as they merged into a single beam of light that formed into an astral-looking angel.

“Now I Tune my Soul into Hanewata to Synchro Summon my…Ancient Fairy Dragon!!!” proclaimed Luna as the turquoise serpentine dragon appeared & roared loudly, (2100/3000) “now I invoke its effect to destroy this forest & grant me 1000 Life Points.”

Ancient Fairy Dragon unleashed a powerful whirlwind that torn down the entire forest.

Luna (LP: 4200) Clair (LP: 1200)

Luna (LP: 4200) Clair (LP: 1200)

“Now I attack you directly with Light of Hamornia!” declared Luna.

“Not when I play this! Negate Attack!” said Clair as the attack was blocked off by a barrier.

“I play another Ancient Forest to make things even,” said Luna as the forest rose into life again, “I end my turn with that.”

“I draw,” said Clair, “and play Call of the Haunted to revive my Magical Android!” (2400/1700)

The Magical Android reappeared again on the field.

“Ok, now I summon my Counselor Lily in Attack Mode!” said Clair as a female angel dressed in a psychiatrist’s outfit appeared, (400/1500) “now I Tune them both together! Ascend into a plane beyond all existence! Enlighten thee with light of guidance! Synchro Summon! Rise from nothingness, Astral Plane Dragon!” (2000/1000)

Then, the powerful Astral Plane Dragon appeared on the field & roared mightily.

“Now the effect of Lily kicks in; as she was used in a Synchro Summon, I can give up 500 Life Points so that my Synchro Monster gains 1000 points,” said Clair.

Luna (LP: 4200) Clair (LP: 700)

Luna (LP: 4200) Clair (LP: 700)

Astral Plane Dragon glowed with more power in it. (2000/1000~3000/1000)

“Also, when it has been Synchro Summoned, I can remove every monster in both our graveyards so that it gains further power from them,” said Clair, (3000/1000~4800/1000) “strike that dragon down with Astral Burst!”

Astral Plane Dragon launched a powerful beam of light to blast Ancient Fairy Dragon into pieces. The aftershock caused Luna to fall down on her back.

[align=center]

Luna (LP: 1500) Clair (LP: 700)[/align]

“Good…good shot…but I’m still in…the game,” said Luna as she weakly stood upright, “and now your dragon will be destroyed by effect of Ancient Forest.”

Astral Plane Dragon roared in pain as it shattered into pixels after its attack.

“My dragon may be gone, but I’m not done yet,” said Clair, “I activate the Spell Card, Supernova Blast! When a Synchro Monster I control has been destroyed by a card effect, both of us take damage equal to its Level x 300. So that’s it.”

The barrage of stars rained down from the sky & hit both duelists.

Luna (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 0)

Luna (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 0)

The forest then disappeared, returning them both back to the park. Luna & Clair fell to their knees as they panted with exhaustion.

“Oh where am I?” wondered Luna.

“Luna, are you alright?” asked Clair.

“Yes & you’re…” asked Luna.

“I’m Clair, Clair Kinet,” answered Clair.

“So you’re her, the one I was looking for,” said Luna as she approached Clair, “I’m sure that there is a new great force of darkness plaguing the world. I would want to stop it, but I’m too old & had been defeated by the one called Marin…”

“What?! He’s that strong to defeat a real Signer!” thought Clair as she was surprised.

“But you are different from me; you are younger & better suited for it,” continued Luna, “I see that you possess Yusei’s heart, Jack’s strength & Akiza’s strong will as a female…with that, I give you these cards.”

Luna took out a set of cards from her robes & handed them to Clair.

“I see that you use Synchro Monsters & I believe it is merely fair that you learn how to wield their true powers & that power is hidden deep within these cards,” said Luna, “but now child, I must depart to Neo Domino for the world has grown tense & strife echoed the spaces of the world. Bring it peace so as we may all rest.”

With that, Luna left the scene hurriedly. All this time, the Ally remained there, staring at Clair.

“Ally, what is that all about?” asked Clair.

“Just a slight test I had engineered & one that I know of your success,” replied the Ally calmly, “the journey to overcome your father is long & treaded with dangers, but recall your ‘Action’ Card, Brave Attack…you must be brave to face your father & duel him in 1 decisive showdown with everything at stake.”

“But must I…he is my father after all,” said Clair.

“Ah…you’re just as benevolent as your father used to be before he saw the truth of everything,” remarked the Ally, “since then he has resolved that absolute control is necessary for the world to continue.”

“You mean you knew Liberion long ago,” said Clair.

“Not only that, but I was the very man who saved his life & guided him as the next Overmind,” said the Ally.

“Why did you do all that?” asked Clair.

“There must be a leader for the Psychics for the Psychics are destined to serve Mana, but we are easily corrupted. Therefore, an Overmind is needed. His attributes shall make himself an example to all so that all of mankind may follow his example; that was what the title originally meant.”

“So what do you want me to do?” asked Clair.

“Oppose your father for his rule is wrong,” said the Ally, “this is all part of destiny, so don’t fearful towards it.”

During evening, Clair returned to the doorstep of the Dales’ house & knocked on the door. Layla came out & hugged her tightly.

“Aunt Layla, you’re killing me here,” said Clair.

Upon hearing that, she let go of Clair & let her go inside. Gethin, Norman & Fuyuki were still there, where else Yugi & Sakura had left already.

“So Clair, have you thought of it?” asked Norman.

“I want to meet my father, but I will stand bravely against him,” said Clair.

Counselor Lily

EARTH/Fairy-Tuner/LV 3/ATK 400/DEF 1500

When this card is sent to the Graveyard for a Synchro Summon, you can pay 500 Life Points to have that Synchro Monster gain 1000 ATK until the End Phase.

Clair: The Card of this day is Counselor Lily, another Tuner Monster within my ranks! When sent to the graveyard for a Synchro Summon, I can pay 500 Life Points for that Synchro to gain 1000 points for that turn alone.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Clair: Oh, this is strange…why am I dressed like this? Also, what happened to everything & everyone? I was only sleeping & then…everything changed overnight! Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 56-Dream World! This world might be heavenly, but is not the one I want to be in!!!

[spoiler=Ch 56-Dream World]

In the Overmind’s sky fortress, Overmind Liberion was conversing with a spirit-like apparition with the mystical artifact called Avalon’s Box nearby. The spirit had clothes made out of the design of Pre-Dark Age clothing of European women & was very beautiful in her appearance.

“Morgan le Fay, sister of Overmind Ravenclaw, you have betrayed Arcadius long ago & now I shall resurrect you from the Underworld,” said Liberion, “I ask you, why should I do this?”

“Please sir, the corrupted Sir Modred had forced me to do this,” pleaded Morgan, “I have no malicious intentions of conquering Arcadius for my own gain.”

“I shall give you 1 chance then,” said Liberion, “Project Avalon shall transfer your soul to a suitable body with similar features as you. From there, by harvesting Due Energy, you can regain your all back.”

Inside a grand & luxurious room, the floor was well-polished & shined in the light of the huge 2m-wide plasma chandelier hanging from the ceiling of the room. There was 1 door-shaped closet that was slightly opened to reveal a series of clothes stashed inside. There was a beautiful drawer with a mirror stubbed with jewelry. A huge ornate mahogany door was placed there as well & there was a king-sized bed at the corner. A human-like form was stirring inside the bed & it rolled out to reveal Clair in a long red nightgown.

“Oh my aching head…” muttered Clair as she began to look around, “where am I?”

Clair then opened up the door & walked out to a long hallway. As she walked along, she came across 2 familiar figures, Penny & Miora. However, they were wearing Victorian-Era French maid costumes, a small black dress trimmed with white lace at various points. Their sleeves were short & ended in shoulder puffs with long white lacy gloves & both wore a white frill on top of their heads. A tiny white frilly apron was strapped on their lower body. Their legs were wrapped in fishnet stockings & ended in a pair of black high heels. Also, both of them had black iron collars on their necks & the facial expression was one of fear & a K-shaped branding was branded out in the small area under the left eye.

“Penny! Miora! What are you doing?” asked Clair as she rushed out towards them.

In response to her own coming, the 2 friends of Clair quickly knelt before her.

“Mistress Clair, how is your slumber?” said the 2 of them, “breakfast has already been prepared & please change up.”

“You two! Can’t you remember me?” said Clair, “You’re my friends, Penny & Miora!”

“We are only your handmaids,” claimed the Penny-lookalike, “I am HM-001 & she’s HM-002.”

“Yes milady, have you hurt yourself?” asked HM-002, the Miora look-alike.

Suddenly, another person was walking down along the corridor. She was a late teen girl with a French braid, donning a long & elegant white & sky blue dress.

“Sister, why are you still dressed like this?” inquired the girl, “have you 2 been mistreating Clair? I will send you 2 back to the facility!”

“No, I just…went to the washroom for a while. I’ll be dressed soon,” said Clair.

“Well then go & get dressed. Afterwards, come downstairs for your breakfast,” said the girl.

“This is crazy…Penny & Miora are my maids & now I got a sister suddenly…what is exactly happening?” thought Clair as she walked.

Moments later, Clair came down to the dining hall with her new wear, a long & beautiful crimson red dress. The girl then smiled at Clair.

“Beautiful dress there, Clair,” said the girl.

“Oh thanks…” said Clair before she suddenly stopped.

“Clair, I’m Lullaby, your elder sister, remember,” reminded Lullaby as HM-002 came by with a tray.

“Here is your breakfast, milady,” said HM-002 shyly as she gently placed the tray on the table & opened it up for Clair, “Here is your bacon & eggs.”

“You may leave us to our meals now,” said Lullaby as HM-002 walked off, “these handmaids are so good, the rehab center is really putting in the effort in their reeducation.”

“What do you mean by that?” asked Clair.

“Don’t you know, Arcadius has successfully united the entire world together & Overmind Liberion has finally fulfilled his dream at last,” explained Lullaby, “but the humans soon rallied themselves in several resistance groups to overthrow the Overmind’s power. Thankfully, those measly resistances were put down & to prevent similar incidents, all humans were sent to rehab centers for further reeducation & eventual servitude to the New Order.”

“In other words, they are like our slaves,” said Clair.

“Those 2 we have are bestowed upon us as domestic slaves,” said Lullaby, “there are also other types of mundane slaves like the power slaves who conduct manual labor, public slaves who clean the public areas or the pleasure slaves who…does shameful things I would not rather talk about for the moment.”

Clair could only remain in silence as she heard everything her so-called ‘sister’ had just said.

“What on earth happened?” thought Clair in shock.

A few hours later, Clair stepped out of that huge mansion she was staying in to see the world for herself. The whole area was like a literal jungle city that breathed life at every corner, but there were things that disturbed her. On the streets, she saw this man sweeping the roads with a broom & another younger Psychic kid who used his powers to apparently make the man lose control of the broom & threw it off near another Psychic. That Psychic became mad & launched a fireball at the slave, who was bluntly hit, but remained unharmed.

“This is really getting strange here,” said Clair impatiently, “if only I know the answer to this enigma…”

From the distance, Lullaby was glancing from a balcony of her mansion & looking down on Clair.

“She is now starting to disbelieve it, the man just got out of harm’s way,” remarked Lullaby, “how amusing is this girl, she may just be a good opponent for me.”

As Clair walked further & further into the street, a huge fog suddenly appeared in the area. Clair couldn’t see her way around there & waved her arms in a futile attempt to blow off the fog.

“Damn fog! I can’t see!” said Clair, “get out of the way!”

Suddenly, as she said that, the fog slowly dissipated into nothingness. As Clair had seen now, she was back at the mansion mysteriously.

“Welcome back Clair,” said Lullaby who was donned in a black simple dress, “I see you’re capable of lucid dreaming, being able to remain conscious & even manipulate your own dreams.”

“What do you mean by dreaming?” asked Clair.

“I am a Psychic too & one with a power so great that I am immediately put off as a powerful asset within the ranks of Lord Liberion, the power to intrude on another’s dreams & manipulating them to my fitting,” said Lullaby, “and my name is indeed Lullaby! I really wonder why you could resist this utopia reality here.”

“Because it is not real at all!” voiced Clair, “I love my life before!”

“Your life before…you mean how your father was injured nearly beyond repair & your mother was viciously murdered like an animal sent for slaughtering…I tell you that that kind of life is not worth having,” said Lullaby, “I remembered how my family was murdered in the Genocide, but I survived. I wept for my dead kin & friends & sealed up myself in the world of dreams to please myself…until he found me again & gave me new hope towards the future. But now, I can’t have you leave just yet, so let’s duel for your freedom!”

After saying that, a standard Duel Disk was formed on Clair’s arm while a black version of a common Duel Disk appeared on Lullaby’s.

“Our decks should be inside the Disk by now,” said Lullaby, so let’s begin!”

Suddenly, the mansion hallways were split open, leaving them both on a platform in a sea of darkness.

Lullaby (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

Lullaby (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

“My turn & I draw,” said Lullaby, “I play out my Malice Doll of Demise in Attack Mode!” (1600/1700)

An evil-looking doll with a giant axe appeared on the field.

“Now I set 1 face-down card & play Ectoplasmer,” said Lullaby as the card appeared, “with that finished, I end my turn & that’s when my Ectoplasmer activates; I can Release my monster so that you will take damage equal to half of that monster’s Attack.”

A ghostly apparition was pulled out of the Malice Doll of Demise & zoomed past Clair’s body. The evil doll then burst into shards.

[align=center]

Lullaby (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3200)[/align]

“For rejecting utopia, your punishment shall be your own eternal suffering,” said Lullaby, “maybe after you lose, I will put you through the opposite reality you would be a slave to our true enemy, the human scum & you’ll see how you’ll feel then.”

“Like my friend once said, I prefer my suffering & I draw,” said Clair, “and summon my Power Injector to the field in Attack Mode!” (1300/1400)

The zombie-like giant then appeared & groaned angrily on the field.

“By paying 600 Life Points, I can increase his Attack by 500,” said Clair.

Lullaby (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 2600)

Lullaby (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 2600)

Power Injector suddenly glowed with power flowing in it. (1300/1400~1800/1400)

“And now, attack her directly!” commanded Clair as Power Injector punched her with its barrels.

Lullaby (LP: 2200) Clair (LP: 2600)

Lullaby (LP: 2200) Clair (LP: 2600)

“Hook, line & sinker; all this is just a ploy & you just fell for it,” taunted Lullaby, “I activate my face-down Damage Condenser. By discarding a card, I can summon a monster whose Attack equals to the damage taken.”

“And you just took about 1800 points of damage with that move…so you can…” said Clair.

“I would, but have other plans, so I summon Dark Tuner-Cruelasrogue in Attack Mode!” said Lullaby. (0/0)

“Dark Tuner?!” exclaimed Clair.

The Damage Condenser was then set on 1800 & it opened up to reveal a new monster. It was black & thin with a glowing purple orb in the midpoint. A red plate of metal with a horn was apparently attached on the left side of its face, but its other side showed that it was grinning evilly.

“I got this covered,” said Clair confidently, “I play Emergency Teleport so that I can summon my Psychic Commander as well.” (1400/800)

The green soldier-like creature appeared on its hover-tank.

“Now attack Cruelasrogue with Psychic Cannon Blast!” ordered Clair as the Commander fired a blast from the tank & hit Cruelasrogue, but it remained there & Lullaby remained unharmed.

“Cruelasrogue has the ability to negate Battle Damage in an attack involving him & cannot be destroyed in battle once per turn,” explained Lullaby, “and I know it’s a bit unfair, but that’s life for you. Also, in your End Phase, 1 of your monsters must be Released to give me damage.”

“I place 1 face-down & end my turn then,” said Clair, “and Release my Psychic Commander for it.” (1800/1400~1300/1400)

Psychic Commander then shattered into pieces as its soul remained & charged towards Lullaby.

Lullaby (LP: 1500) Clair (LP: 2600)

Lullaby (LP: 1500) Clair (LP: 2600)

“I draw,” said Lullaby, “since we are now at my Standby Phase, my little friend returns to join me, a toy that I won’t recommend to kids called the Malice Doll of Demise.” (1600/1700)

The evil fiend doll then reappeared again & chuckled evilly along with Cruelasrogue.

“But how did it come back?” inquired Clair.

“Whenever my Malice Doll has been banished to the graveyard by the effects of a Continuous Spell Card, I can Special Summon it back on my next Standby Phase,” said Lullaby, “but I think I’ll get 2 draws with my Magic Planter.”

A cluster of vines rose from the ground & consumed Ectoplasmer. Lullaby then drew 2 cards.

“With that done, I shall conduct the Dark Tuning between both my Level 8 Cruelasrogue & the Level 4 Malice Doll!” declared Lullaby, “When darkness overlaps itself, the doors of the underworld shall open. To a world without light, Dark Synchro! Reveal yourself, Nightmarish Krueger!” (2000/0)

Cruelasrogue turned into 8 orbs of light & were absorbed into the body of Malice Doll. Malice Doll then became transparent & 12 orbs were seen inside it. 8 of the orbs contacted with each other & immediately dispersed. The remaining 4 orbs then barged out of the fading Malice Doll as it also shattered as well. The remaining 4 orbs then became black & they swirled around as a beam of darkness appeared. Out of the darkness came out a creature draped in heavy blood-red cloak. Its face was apparently disfigured & was partially covered by the cloak. On its right hand, there was a long razor-sharp claw.

“Light has become dark as I summoned this creature & this darkness shall cover up your life as I consume you,” said Lullaby, “Attack Power Injector with Nightmare Scraper!”

“Oh no, I activate my Negate Attack…” said Clair, but the card didn’t reveal itself, “what’s going on?”

“That’s the other effect of my very own Dark Tuner-Cruelasrogue,” said Lullaby, “when it is removed from the field to order to conduct a Dark Tuning, it prevents the activation of all Spell & Trap Cards when the Dark Synchro Monster it forms battles.”

Nightmarish Krueger flew towards Power Injector & slashed it with its right claw. This strike caused a powerful aftershock that pushed Clair back.

Lullaby (LP: 1500) Clair (LP: 1900)

Lullaby (LP: 1500) Clair (LP: 1900)

However, Clair had realised that her Power Infector was still on the field, but it was kept in Defense Mode & there was an unsightly scar on its arm.

“What happened? Shouldn’t that attack have wiped it out?” wondered Clair.

“My Nightmarish Krueger doesn’t destroy a monster it attacks; actually it just gives them a Nightmare Counter,” explained Lullaby, “a monster can only have 1 of those at a time & that monster will move to Defense Mode & stay that way.”

“In other words, you are trying to flood my side with monsters,” said Clair.

“You can say that, but there are other applications to this monster,” said Lullaby slyly, “I place a face-down cards to end off my turn.”

“Then I draw now,” said Clair as she was suddenly hit by a blast from Power Injector.

Lullaby (LP: 2000) Clair (LP: 1400)

Lullaby (LP: 2000) Clair (LP: 1400)

“What just happened?” asked Clair, unsure of what just happened.

“During your Standby Phase, my Nightmarish Krueger will inflict you equal to the total of all Nightmare Counters on the field,” said Lullaby, “and that amount of damage is converted to Life Points for me.

“But I still have my other plans from here. I summon the Psychic Snail in Attack Mode!” said Clair. (1900/1200)

The semi-electronic snail appeared & groaned.

“Though you’ve put Power Injector out of battle, I can still use his effect,” said Clair. (1300/1400~1800/1400, 1900/1200~2400/1200)

Lullaby (LP: 2000) Clair (LP: 800)

Lullaby (LP: 2000) Clair (LP: 800)

“Now for the attack,” said Clair as Psychic Snail fired an electrical blast from its antennas to fry Nightmarish Krueger.

Lullaby (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 800)

Lullaby (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 800)

“That’s it for my attack,” said Clair, “I set 1 face-down & end my turn.” (1800/1400~1300/1400, 2400/1200~1900/1200)

“Do you honestly believe that a nightmare could be gotten rid of so easily?” wondered Lullaby, “during the End Phase of a turn Krueger has been destroyed, I can Special Summon him in Attack Mode.” (2000/0)

The cloaked fiend then rose from a dark pit that appeared out of nowhere.

“I draw,” said Lullaby, “so now, I play Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy that Trap Card of yours called Negate Attack.”

A tornado started to blow away the card, shown to be Negate Attack.

“With that out of the way, I shall attack your Snail with Nightmare Scraper!” declared Lullaby as Krueger flew towards the bulky snail, but was blocked off by an invisible shield, “but how did it happen…I just destroyed your Negate Attack…”

“I have another Trap Card down here, one called Draining Shield,” revealed Clair, “it not only negates the attack, but also gives me back Life Points equal to your Krueger’s Attack.”

[align=center]

Lullaby (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 2800)[/align]

“Lucky, just luck,” said Lullaby scornfully, “I end my turn.”

As Clair drew out her card for the turn, she flinched again under the effect of Krueger.

Lullaby (LP: 2100) Clair (LP: 2300)

Lullaby (LP: 2100) Clair (LP: 2300)

“I…urg…summon this fella,” said Clair as she struggled to force the words out of her mouth & Mind Master appeared on the field. (100/200)

“A Tuner Monster…she’s gonna to Synchro Summon alright…” thought Lullaby, “but what she doesn’t know is that I have the Trap Card called Discord Counter which will lock down her Synchro Summoning & stop her from summoning on her next turn; How predictable of her.”

“Now I use Mind Master’s own effect; I can pay 800 Life Points & Release a Psychic monster to summon another one from my deck,” said Clair.

Lullaby (LP: 2100) Clair (LP: 1500)

Lullaby (LP: 2100) Clair (LP: 1500)

As such, Power Injector vanished in a portal of light as Destructotron appeared on the field. (1600/400)

“Now I use my Destructotron’s ability & pay 1000 Life Points in order to destroy that face-down card of yours,” said Clair as Destructotron shot out energy blast at the face-down card, “now I shall Tune both Destructotron & Psychic Snail into Mind Master!”

Lullaby (LP: 2100) Clair (LP: 500)

Lullaby (LP: 2100) Clair (LP: 500)

Mind Master shot up as 1 ring of light & descended upon the other 2 monsters as they also dissolved into a total of 8 orbs.

“Hidden power of the stars shall now unleash their true might! Unseen forces, leave your power at its wake! Synchro Summon! Appear now, Hyper Psycho Gunner!” chanted Clair. (3000/2500)

The resulting light burst then formed a cyborg-like being with 2 blaster-style weapons as its hands.

“Now I play Obedience to switch your Nightmarish Krueger’s Battle Position,” said Clair as Nightmarish Krueger hunched slightly.

“And what was the point of that dumb move?” asked Lullaby.

“This is the point; my Hyper Psycho Gunner can blast right through your defenses!” proclaimed Clair, “so now, Hyper Psycho Gunner, blast Nightmarish Krueger with the Hyper Psychic Blast!”

The 2 cannons of Hyper Psycho Gunner shot out 2 powerful blasts that engulfed both Krueger & its master.

Lullaby (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 500)

Lullaby (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 500)

After that blast, Lullaby was seen fading away in a smoke of darkness.

“So you do possess the will…what that lies ahead shall see more…milady…” muttered Lullaby as she faded into nothingness & the whole world suddenly went black…

“Clair…Clair…Clair!” called a voice.

Clair suddenly woke up to find Layla beside her.

“Aunt Layla, why are you here?” wondered Clair.

“Its morning & you were still sleeping, so I went down to check on you,” said Layla, “is everything alright? You looked pale back then.”

“Well…I’m just ok,” replied Clair cheerfully, “just had a nightmare, that’s all.”

Meanwhile, Lullaby also woke up from her meditative state & was frightened by some degree. The Ally was opposite of Lullaby & was calm towards her.

“So how was it, Lullaby?” asked the Ally.

“She could resist my illusions alright,” said Lullaby with discontentment, “and also the wrath of my Nightmare Deck.”

Lullaby then held out a deck of cards. Cards among them included Nightmarish Krueger, Axe Dragonute, Great Maju Garetz, Crush Card Virus & Recurring Nightmare.

“You should have used the Utopia Deck like I have suggested earlier,” rebuked the Ally, “but they all shall lead to the same result of your defeat, so it doesn’t matter.”

“At least we have proven her to be strong of will,” said Lullaby.

“But by how is the only remaining question of the matter,” said the Ally.

“Oblivia’s Project Avalon shall fix that problem for us,” said Lullaby calmly, “just rest assured, Lord Fuyuki.”

Suddenly, the Ally grabbed Lullaby’s neck & showed his face, which was contorted with rage & anger.

“Don’t mention that name in reference to me,” said the Ally sternly, “just call me the ‘Ally’ & only that!”

“Arg…yes…Ally,” replied Lullaby weakly.

With that, the Ally let go of Lullaby’s neck & she took a few deep breaths with that. Lullaby could only stare at the Ally, who was disturbed by her early words.

“Sorry Ally, I just slipped my tongue & I promise it won’t happen again,” apologised Lullaby.

“We will see if you live up to your promises,” responded the Ally coldly.

Nightmarish Krueger

DARK/Fiend-Dark Synchro/LV -4/ATK 2000/DEF 0

1 non-Tuner-1 Dark Tuner

This card can only be Dark Synchro Summoned by subtracting the Level of 1 non-Tuner monster you control by the Level of a Dark Tuner; the resulting value must equal to this card’s Level. When this card successfully attacks a monster, after Damage Calculation, the monster is not destroyed & place 1 Nightmare Counter on it. (max. 1) During your opponent’s Standby Phase, inflict 500 points of Damage to your opponent for every Nightmare Counter on the field & you gain Life Points equal to the Damage inflicted. (All monsters with Nightmare Counters on them must be in Defense Mode & cannot switch its Battle Position as long as this card is on the field.) When this card is destroyed in battle, you can Special Summon it in Attack Mode during your End Phase.

Lullaby: Today’s Card Is known as the Dark Synchro Monster, Nightmarish Krueger! It cannot destroy monsters in battle, but leaves them a Nightmare Counter & that can damage the opponent further while they strength me. Even if anyone tries to destroy it, it can just return during my End Phase…just like a never-ending nightmare…

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Clair: Penny, what are you doing? And you look & act so different somehow…

“Penny”: Shut up & duel me like the Psychic you are!

Liberion: Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 57-Ties of Friendship! Daughter of mine, you are up against someone who uses your best friend as a host, whatever shall you do?

[spoiler=Ch 57-Ties of Friendship]

In another portion of the Arcadius Sky Fortress, Liberion & Marin were standing aloof as if they were waiting for someone. Marin was getting annoyed & stomped his foot in rage.

“How long does a woman take just to change their clothing?” complained Marin in rage, “you never see me spending that much time just to change my suit of armor!”

“Let her be, we must have her for our next move in our grand operation,” said Liberion calmly as a new figure walked in at last, “ah, there you are.”

She was Penny in every sense of the world, but her wardrobe was quite different now. Instead of her regular clothes, she now wore a jet-black low-cut corset with puffy short sleeves that exposed some of her cleavage along with a black bloomer to cover a minimum of her legs. She also wore black stockings for her arms that stretched up the elbow & the thigh, kept in place by the elastic garters. Finally, a silver tiara was placed on her head. However, the true difference this ‘Penny’ had was that this one looked malicious & evil.

“So how do I look?” asked ‘Penny’?

“You took about an hour & a half just to dress like this! You are so troublesome & I don’t even know what a traitor like you could possibly do to redeem yourself!” snapped Marin.

“What she could do is to duel against Clair now & it is nice to have you all suited to your new body,” said Liberion, “so Morgan, how does it feel like?”

“This is just the body of a mere mundane human adolescent, I personally prefer my old all-powerful Psychic form,” claimed Morgan as she stroked her body.

“If you have so much hatred towards it, we can always send you back to Avalon’s Box,” said Marin.

“But at least now I can move around,” said Morgan.

Liberion then took a Black Duel Disk & deck from a dais & gave then to Morgan.

“Morgan, accept these items as they shall be your weapons,” said Liberion as Morgan took them.

“Say these cards are similar to those Shadow Games that Merlin & I once learnt from the Egyptian Priests…” remarked Morgan ,”this should be rather fun.”

“Indeed it shall be,” agreed Liberion with a gentle nod, “Marin, pass our challenge to Clair.”

“It shall be done at once, my Sire,” said Marin as he left the room.

As Clair was strolling along the local streets of Caesar Street, she saw several street punks acting wild & demolishing the area & spraying paint all over the place.

“All hail Arcadius! All hail Liberion!” cried the punks, “Down with the Super-Union!”

“Shut up, you punks!” cried a voice & in an instant, 1 of the punks was knocked out.

The person was revealed to be Matt Tucker & his henchmen, Volt & Kai.

“You punks had better get all your butts outta here fast!” scolded Matt, “or else…”

The other punks suddenly grew frightened by him & ran away as fast as they could.

“Hmpf, those all-talk no-work people are no match for you, Boss,” proclaimed Volt.

“Hey there, Clair,” greeted Matt, “so how is life so far?”

“Well, I finally found my family, both foster & biological…” said Clair.

“What?! Who’s your birth parents?” asked Volt.

“My mom’s long dead now, but not my dad,” said Clair, “have you seen the news about Arcadius?”

“Like we have a choice over the channels at that time, Volt couldn’t watch Care Bear & he kept complaining like hell,” said Matt, “and I know it is strange that a grown teenager like him still watches that retarded show.”

“Well…that Overmind Arcadius…he’s my dad…” said Clair.

“What?!” yelled Volt, “I’m holding you responsible for making me miss Care Bear now!”

Before he continued his ranting, Kai pulled him out of the way so that Matt could speak to Clair in peace.

“Once again, I’m so sorry or my accomplice’s rude attitude there,” said Matt, “but are you sure about that?”

“Very sure, I have evidence & eyewitnesses & everything,” said Clair.

“Oh my God, this is big,” claimed Matt.

Over the distance, Marin was overhearing Clair’s talks from the top of another building.

“What!? Ms Clair & Overmind Liberion are of the same blood!” thought Marin, “that makes her a member of the High Family already & I couldn’t hurt her, but I just need to do my job, then I’ll talk with him later on.”

Marin then jumped down the building & landed just before Volt & Kai’s position.

“Clair, my Lord has a proposition for you!” called Marin, “meet us in Warehouse 13 as soon as possible or else Penny shall be ancient history!”

“What, Penny!?” exclaimed Clair in rage.

However, Marin quickly disappeared into thin air as he finished his sentence.

“He always does that, says something & then he suddenly vanishes,” remarked Clair.

“But let’s follow him to Warehouse 13, it is still quite abandoned even after being sold to the Pro Leagues,” said Matt as he led the way around.

Soon, the gang finally reached Warehouse 13, a place that was flooded with everyone’s past memories. As Clair opened up the main door, she saw the same similar appearance that Benjamin Booner had once renovated for her battle, but it would seem that they had been left to rot since then; with dust & cobwebs everywhere.

“Why does all big-time company corporations always like to buy something for 1-time use & then leave it to rot over infinite time?” pondered Volt, whose words shocked everyone else there & he looked at them suspiciously, “well, did I say something?”

“You know, Volt may not be that mature, but that makes his frequently odd intellectual talking very weird at times,” whispered Matt as he told Clair by ear.

Suddenly, a mechanical claw lowered to grapple Clair. Matt tried to force the claw’ grip off Clair, but it was futile as it hoisted Clair high in the area. It eventually dropped Clair on a platform.

“Clair, are you alright or not?” shouted Matt from below.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” responded Clair, “this platform is just like the ones when I dueled with Noland.”

“Bingo, give the pretty lass a prize,” said a devilish voice.

Suddenly, a spotlight is shone over to another platform in the opposite side of the field & the form of the possessed shell of Penny was seen clearly there.

“Penny! Are you ok?” called Clair in joy.

“Zip it, brat! I want you to duel me now!” demanded “Penny”, “and for your friends’ sakes, I hope you would do it.”

“What is this all about? Did Liberion get into you too with the mind control thing?” questioned Clair, “but there is something different about you…a powerful ancient aura of darkness…I will just have to engage in a duel for my answers then. Game on!”

Meanwhile, Liberion along with Marin, Blake & Hashim were watching the duel via a visual from the safety of the fortress.

“Penny” (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

“Penny” (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

“My turn & I draw,” said “Penny”, “now I summon the almighty Beast King Barbaros in Attack Mode!” (3000/1200)

Suddenly, a centaurian lion appeared. Its lower half was like a lion’s body, but the upper portion was a muscular humanoid form with the head of a lion. A metallic mane followed by flowing yellow hair trickled down its upper body. It carried a spear & shield, roaring as it appeared.

“But how did she summon that thing?” exclaimed Kai, “it is a Level 8 & one with 3000 Attack Points!”

“Cool off! My Beast King can be Summoned to the field free of Release, but its attack will take a slight plunge,” said “Penny”, (3000/1200~1900/1200) “I place 1 face-down card & end my turn now.”

“I once remembered dueling some other gangster who played that same move once…he really surprised me when he activated that Skill Drain Trap Card,” thought Matt, “could that face-down be Sill Drain or what?”

“I don’t know what you’re planning, but I plan to put a stop to this!” said Clair determinedly as she drew, “I play this card first, the Psi-Station Spell Card!”

Suddenly, a platform floated on the field. Bolts of green lightning shot out the 4 pillars of the platform.

“With that placed online, I summon my Telekinetic Shocker to the field in Attack Mode!” said Clair as the suited man appeared & green lightning shot him. (1700/700~2000/700, LV: 4~5)

“What just happened?” wondered “Penny”.

“My Psi-Station allows 1 Psychic Monster that I have just summoned to gain 300 additional Attack Points along with a new Level by paying 500 Life Points,” said Clair, “with that done, I play Quick Summon to call out my Psychic Snail as well.” (1900/1200)

“Penny” (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3500)

“Penny” (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3500)

The unique-looking giant snail appeared on the field & groaned.

“With his own special ability, I can pay 800 points just to make another Psychic monster of mine attack twice this turn in exchange for its own attack,” said Clair.

[align=center]

“Penny” (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 2700)[/align]

“Now I attack your Beast King Barbaros now with his Telekinetic Shockwave!” commanded Clair.

Telekinetic Shocker launched a wave of green lightning towards Barbaros & was zapped by it.

“Penny” (LP: 3900) Clair (LP: 2700)

“Penny” (LP: 3900) Clair (LP: 2700)

“Well I still have a second go at this!” said Clair.

“But I will activate my face-down card first. Go, Level Resist Wall!” declared “Penny”.

“I know that card!” proclaimed Clair.

“And with 8 Levels’ worth, I can summon these to the field…” said “Penny” as 4 orbs merged together to form a teenage girl in a flowing red dress, long brown hair & a wooden staff, (1300/1500) “behold, my lovely Fire Princess! But she has more company soon…”

The remaining 4 orbs circled each other in groups of 2 & 2 child-like girls appeared. One was wearing a white robe that was accented with pink stripes & a small wand; her cute pink hair was covered by a sheep-like hood. The other one was wearing a semi-gothic Victorian-Era dress with a pink whip; her long brown hair was clearly seen along with the black bunny hat she wore. (1200/0 x2)

“White Magician Pikeru…” exclaimed Kai.

“Ebon Magician Curran…” exclaimed Volt.

“Mix those 2 sisters with a Fire Princess & you get her strategy all together now, she’s playing a Gain & Drain Deck!” inferred Matt.

“A what & what deck?” wondered Clair, who was puzzled.

“A Gain & Drain Deck is a special deck revolving around the owner gaining Life Points while inflicting Effect Damage to the opponent…” explained Matt.

“Zip up that trap, bud!” snapped “Penny”, “this game shall not be disturbed!”

“My Shocker will just have to take down your Curran then,” said Clair as Telekinetic Shocker fired his attack towards the young girl in black & destroyed her.

“Penny” (LP: 3100) Clair (LP: 2700)

“Penny” (LP: 3100) Clair (LP: 2700)

“Now I place 2 face-down cards & end my turn,” said Clair.

“My turn then,” said “Penny” as she reached out for a card in her deck, “during my Standby Phase, the effect of my White Magician Pikeru activates & grants me 400 Life Points for every monster I have, while my Fire Princess inflicts you a certain amount of Damage equal to the Life Points I’ve gained by a card effect.”

As she finished her line, Pikeru waved her wand to sprinkle a glowing dust upon her master & Fire Princess produced a fireball & shot it towards Clair.

“Penny” (LP: 3900) Clair (LP: 1900)

“Penny” (LP: 3900) Clair (LP: 1900)

As the 3 Knights & Overmind Liberion saw the match, they were discussing on the duel seen.

“So she does use a Gain & Drain Deck, but why?” wondered Blake.

“Do you know how a common Psychic like Morgan le Fay could defeat someone as powerful & wise as Overmind Ravenclaw?” asked Liberion.

“Maybe…he trusted le Fay too much…” guessed Hashim.

“He did trust le Fay to a high extend, but that is not the case,” said Liberion, “Morgan le Fay’s Psychic power is to absorb any form of energy around her via touch, so she would constantly drain Merlin of his power until he became too weak.”

“Damn! I activate my face-down Psychic Rejuvenation to regain some Life Points myself too,” said Clair.

[align=center]

“Penny” (LP: 3900) Clair (LP: 3900)[/align]

“Now we are both even,” claimed Clair, “your plan is not all that now.”

“I still have my other plans for the remainder of the duel,” said “Penny”, “therefore, I play Dark Eruption to add 1 DARK Monster with 1500 or less Attacks from my grave back into my hand like the Ebon Magician Curran whom I’m about to summon too.”

Curran’s card slid out of “Penny’s” graveyard slot & she slapped it on her Disk, causing the young witch appearing on the field. (1200/0)

“I set 1 face-down & that’s all over for me,” said “Penny”.

“I draw,” said Clair, “and now I...”

“Activate, Thunder of Ruler!” declared “Penny” as a thunder boomed across the area, “so now all your monsters must skip the Battle Phase.”

“What…I skip off my turn then,” said Clair.

As “Penny” drew a card, Curran whipped at Clair while Fire Princess launched fire at her.

[align=center]

“Penny” (LP: 5100) Clair (LP: 2100)[/align]

“That much damage…all in 1 turn…” hollered Matt in disbelief.

“Now I play the Card of Sanctity for a brand new hand for us,” said “Penny” as both of them drew their cards out, “and I equip your Fire Princess with Star Level Burst!”

The card appeared & Fire Princess suddenly glowed brightly. (1300/1500~2100/1500)

“As you can see, it increases my Princess’ Attack Power by its Level x200,” said “Penny”, “so now she shall fry your Snail with Big Bang Spell!”

Fire Princess produced a huge ball of fire & threw it towards Psychic Snail, which blew up in an explosion.

[align=center]

“Penny” (LP: 5100) Clair (LP: 1900)[/align]

“Just…who…who are…you…” asked Clair, panting under her breath.

“Why, I’m Penny obviously,” replied “Penny” slyly.

“Oh brother, who could she fool with that attitude of hers?” wondered Marin.

“You aren’t Penny!” deduced Clair, “I had known Penny since we were walking & I would have been burnt alive & stoned for not knowing if one is her or just some imposter! Even if you are using her body, but you are sealing off her soul & I know it! Show yourself, whoever you are!”

“Bravo, you’ve figured it all out already. My name…my real name is Morgan le Fay…” said Morgan, “the illegible sister of Overmind Ravenclaw, as referred to as Merlin…” introduced Morgan with a bow, “Overmind Liberion has released me from my imprisonment within Avalon’s Box & now I serve him to do you in.”

“Morgan le Fay…isn’t that a witch in Arthurian lore who betrayed Camelot for Sir Modred’s rebellion…” claimed Volt, whose words surprised Matt once again.

“I never betrayed Camelot; it was a flawed society in the first place & if Arcadius were to continue its association with that crumbling kingdom, all the Psychics will fall!” snapped Morgan, “how dare the books of this era mock my patriotism towards Arcadius?”

“One may be patriotic, but the planned murder of the Overmind is a sin above all sins,” said Marin solemnly, “Merlin is a reasonable man, I’m sure she could just talk with him over this calmly.”

“For stealing my friend from me, you’ll pay & a duel shall be what you get!” cried Clair.

“I put my 2 other Magicians in Defense & shall end my turn to see your moves, if you have any that is,” said Morgan.

“I draw,” said Clair, “I summon the Psychic Commander in Attack Mode & put him under Psi-Station’s care.”

The green man appeared on his floating mini-tank & electricity flowed into him. (1400/800~1700/800, LV 3~4)

[align=center]

Morgan (LP: 5100) Clair (LP: 1400)[/align]

“Just drain yourself of all your Life Points, brat! During my next turn, the combined powers of all my 3 monsters will squeeze you dry,” taunted Morgan.

“Our 3 monsters shall now go onto a Battle Royale, starting with my Telekinetic Shocker against your Fire Princess. Telekinetic Shockwave!” announced Clair as Telekinetic Shocker fired a wave of electricity at Fire Princess.

“But she got higher Attack points!” protested Morgan.

“But my Psychic Commander has an effect to depower her Attack strength by a maximum of 500,” said Clair as Psychic Commander fired a laser at Fire Princess that weakened her. (2100/1500~1600/1000)

[align=center]

Morgan (LP: 4700) Clair (LP: 900)[/align]

“When a monster equipped with Star Level Burst has been destroyed in battle, I can draw 1 card,” said Morgan as she drew the card.

“And my Psychic Commander will take down Curran once again with Psychic Cannon!” declared Clair as Psychic Commander fired its laser at Curran.

“But this is hardly over, I activate Emergency Tuning!” declared Clair as the card opened, “this allows me to perform a Synchro Summon in a Battle Phase, so go! Hidden power of the stars shall now unleash their true might! Unseen forces, leave your power at its wake! Synchro Summon! Appear now, Hyper Psycho Gunner!” (3000/2500)

Psychic Commander dispersed into 4 rings that flew past Telekinetic Shocker that dissolved into 5 orbs. Suddenly, a great beam of light shone & the platinum-plated armored giant appeared.

“Attack that imposter with Hyper Psychic Blast!” declared Clair as Hyper Psycho Gunner fired its ray from its 2 hands & fried Pikeru into dust.

[align=center]

Morgan (LP: 1700) Clair (LP: 3900)[/align]

“Also, whatever Battle Damage my Psycho Gunner deals is put up as Life Points for me,” said Clair.

“So this is your true strength…heh…even Merlin couldn’t do that,” claimed Morgan as she caught her breath, “You are something special, kid. You have a grand destiny before you.”

“Whatever, I end my turn now,” said Clair.

“I draw,” said Morgan as she drew Monster Reincarnation.

“Perfect timing for my deadliest combo…” thought Morgan wickedly.

“I play Soul Release to remove my Fire Princess, White & Ebon Magicians from play,” said Morgan, “followed by Spell Economics so that Life Point payments are invalid for Spell Cards.”

“Just what is she planning?” wondered Hashim.

“Isn’t it obvious,” remarked Marin, “removing monsters from play & then preventing payment of Life Points…”

“Now I activate the Spell Card known as Dimension Fusion!” proclaimed Morgan, “I can summon all of my removed from play at the cost of 2000 Life Points, though I can skip the payment due to Spell Economics’ effect.”

From a swirling vortex above, all the 3 young Spellcaster monsters appeared from it. (1300/1500, 1200/0 x2)

“But my Hyper Psycho Gunner can blast them & you out of the game with just 1 strike, so what’s your plan here?” wondered Clair.

“This is my plan!” said Morgan, “I play Monster Reincarnation!”

“But there is no monster there except…oh no!” said Matt.

Morgan merely discarded her Drain Strike for Beast King Barbaros & grinned evilly at it.

“By Releasing all 3 of my monsters, I can Advance Summon my Beast King Barbaros!” announced Morgan as the 3 witches melded into a single portal & the centaur-like beast appeared & roared loudly. (3000/1200)

“But those 2 monsters are equally matched,” claimed Volt, “Are you planning a suicide shot?”

“But a Level 8 monster usually don’t need 3 Releases unless…there is an effect about it!” said Clair.

“You catch on things fast,” claimed Morgan, “when Barbaros is summoned like that, I can destroy all your cards on the field.”

Barbaros’ lance charged with energy as it thrust it down on the ground. A powerful shockwave then blew up Hyper Psycho Gunner into nothingness.

“Attack her directly now!” commanded Morgan as Barbaros stabbed Clair with its lance.

Morgan (LP: 1700) Clair (LP: 900)

Morgan (LP: 1700) Clair (LP: 900)

“Now I end my turn,” said Morgan triumphantly.

“Then this is my turn…this draw better be something now,” said Clair as she drew her card, in which she smiled, “I play my Mind Crusher in Attack Mode.” (1600/500~1900/500, LV: 4~5)

The sluggish monster appeared on the field once more.

“Smart move, Spell Economics works both ways, thus Clair could use it for her own benefit,” remarked Matt.

“But that measly thing will not stand a chance against my Babaros,” proclaimed Morgan.

“Not until I move him aside with Mind Crusher’s effect to destroy it at the cost of 800 Life Points,” said Clair as Mind Crusher let out a loud screech to destroy Barbaros.

[align=center]

Morgan (LP: 1700) Clair (LP: 100)[/align]

“Now I attack you directly with Mind Crusher,” said Clair.

Mind Crusher then swiftly crept up to Morgan & let out a deadly screech at her. The platform below her gave way & she fell down.

[align=center]

Morgan (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 100)[/align]

As Morgan fell in defeat, a stream of smoke flew out of Penny’s body. Clair then followed her down soon after. As she tried to stand upright, she looked around in confusion.

“Where…am I?” asked Penny, “and why am I wearing these clothes for?”

“It’s nice to have you back to normal, Penny,” said Clair looking at her outfit, “and that really suits you.”

“Not funny,” retorted Penny, “let’s fit you into 1 of these & we’ll see how you feel by then.”

The girls then embraced each other in a tight hug while the 3 guys watched from behind.

“Ah, that altruism & closeness shown between those 2 girls are fine evidence that friendship is still not lost in this modern society,” claimed Volt & Matt could only stare at him.

“Yah…whatever you said,” replied Matt, dumb-founded by his accomplice’s words again.

Meanwhile, the visual of the duel was replayed towards the final turn where Clair had clinched a victory for herself. Liberion slammed his fist onto his throne t the sight of Morgan’s defeat.

“Even Morgan couldn’t do her in!” yelled Liberion, “what a shame!”

“Well she is a jerk anyway,” said Marin, “but Your Highness, may I speak with you…in private?”

“Hmm…you have something important to speak of,” said Liberion, “Blake & Hashim, dismiss yourselves for my private talk.”

As such, both of them left the room, leaving Liberion with his most trusted Knight with him. Marin himself stepped down to ground level & knelt before his Lord.

“Lord Liberion, do you have any kin?” asked Marin.

“Yes, I do have a wife, but she’s killed by those fool-hearted humans,” replied Liberion, “but why must you raise this question?”

“Because…because…are you aware that…Clair Kinet…is your…daughter…” said Marin as he forced those words out of his mouth.

“Of course, but it is a pity that my daughter had been misguided by those mundane beliefs & I intend to bring her back by my side,” said Liberion.

“Then I shall bring your daughter back with you, Your Majesty!” cried Marin as he stomped at attention.

Beast King Barbaros

EARTH/Beast-Warrior-Effect/LV 8/ATK 3000/DEF 1200

This card can be Normal Summoned or Set without Tribute. In that case, the original ATK of this card becomes 1900. If you Tribute Summon this card by Tributing 3 monsters, destroy all cards your opponent controls.

Matt: Today’s Card is Barbaros, the Beats King. As a Level 8 monster in all aspects, it has the unusual ability to be summoned without any Release, however its attack will be only 1900, a good score for dealing with Level 4 or below monsters. Likewise, if 3 monsters were to be Released for its summoning, every single card of the opponent are destroyed.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Marin: To fulfill my Lord Liberion’s desire to reconcile with his daughter at last, I have chosen to engage the dear girl in another duel…but I shall call the shots this time. Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 58-Homecoming! Clair, see the mission of your father’s quest through this duel!

Archived