Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind (FINISHED)

Wyhe

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“could that face-down be Sill Drain or what?”

Sill Drain? Oops.

“Zip up that trap, bud!” snapped “Penny”, “this game shall not be disturbed!”

You'd think she would have emphasized that with a burst of energy or something, nothing wrong with it though.

Anyway, good chapter. I wonder what new tricks Marin will have up his sleeve this time...

“could that face-down be Sill Drain or what?”

Sill Drain? Oops.

“Zip up that trap' date=' bud!” snapped “Penny”, “this game shall not be disturbed!”

You'd think she would have emphasized that with a burst of energy or something, nothing wrong with it though.

Anyway, good chapter. I wonder what new tricks Marin will have up his sleeve this time...

[/quote']

let's just say that he has prepared a special deck for the event

[spoiler=Ch 58-Homecoming]

Inside Marin’s own personal chamber within the fortress, it was unusually clustered with books & other piles of paper. Marin was in fact watching a video of Clair’s dueling in the Pro League circuit & was apparently observing her dueling repeatedly.

“Hmm…if I have to actually defeat Clair in a fair duel & bring her back home, I must prepare a deck with that exact purpose in mind,” said Marin as several cards levitated around him, “and these cards are vital for my private operation.”

Marin then put out his palm & the cards floated their way to his hand. After which, he held them up to see its contents.

“Hope this deck of 40 cards that compiled the full-story of us Psychics & our pain may awaken Clair from the guidance of the evil humans,” said Marin in a serious tone as he stood him up at last.

Later, Clair & Penny were relaxing along the neighborhood to catch up on recent events.

“So you’ve won the Special Cup tournament & the whole world had nearly gone mad & the Overmind’s your old man,” summarized Penny, “so did I miss anything out?”

“Well, that’s basically everything already,” said Clair, “you catch on things really fast.”

“But I can’t believe that I had missed out on all that!” whined Penny, “when I see 1 of those Psychics again, I swear I’ll give them a lesson they’ll never forget.”

However, a card suddenly swept past Penny’s thigh, only missing her by mere inches. As Penny tapped her thing, she realised that it was slightly bleeding.

“But if I were you, I would keep my mouth shut when badmouthing our kind,” said a voice, revealing to be Marin as he approached them.

However, he was wearing a simple yellow-striped blue suit with a blue cloak accented with yellow stripes. His Duel Disk was attached onto his left arm already.

“What are you here for?” questioned Clair, “delivering another message from Liberion again.”

“No, I came to find you on my own accord & will,” said Marin, “I am now taking you back to your father, Kinet.”

“How did you know that?” exclaimed Penny.

“I overheard your talk with the guys yesterday,” explained Marin, “it is always a great pleasure to have met & dueled against a member of the High Family.”

“What High Family?” asked Penny?

“A High Family is what we call the direct family & relatives of the currently reigning Overmind,” explained Marin, “As Clair is the only blood-bound daughter of Overmind Liberion, the 999th Great Overmind of the Psychics & Supreme Monarch of Holy Arcadius Empire, she is regarded as a member of the High Family.”

“But what makes you think that I will just come along quietly,” said Clair, “by threatening me by kidnapping my friends again.”

“Of course not, I plan to duel you fair & square,” said Marin calmly, “this way, I can also show you the truth as well.”

“What truth?” demanded Clair?

“The truth of the Psychics as a whole, all will be unraveled by our duel,” said Marin calmly as he activated his Duel Disk & threw off his cloak.

Clair was stumped by his words, but agreed to duel anyway.

Marin (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

Marin (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

“I’ll start off first,” said Clair, “and summon my Psychic Commander in Attack Mode.” (1400/800)

The green man on the floating tank appeared on the field.

“And I end my turn now,” said Clair.

“Now I draw,” said Marin, “and I set a monster & another card face-down for this turn only.”

“What are you planning?” inquired Clair.

“Our race, the Psychics, have hidden powers that surpasses most of Mana’s other creations, yet we are forced to suffer & hide away our power for various reasons over the ages,” explained Marin, “just look at my card with its backs turned away from the world, we don’t know what it could be, yet we fear it for uncertainty’s sake; it is after all within human nature to fear the unknown!”

“My move again,” said Clair, “so I’ll attack your face-down card with its Psychic Cannon.”

Psychic Commander then fired its laser beam from the mini-tank towards the face-down card. The hidden card then revealed itself to be a gypsy donned in heavy colorful robes. She held a levitating circular crystal ball in her hands. (100/100)

“I told you to beware of my cards,” said Marin, “by flipping my Crystal Seer, I can pick the top 2 cards of my deck & have 1 of them in my hand while the other one goes into my graveyard.”

As such, Marin drew 2 more cards out & added 1 of them to his hand, while he slid the other card at the bottom of his deck.

“And here’s a good one, thanks for the attack,” said Marin.

“Enough of your talk & I’ll just place a face-down & let you go,” said Clair.

“And go I shall,” said Marin as he drew, “I play this card called One for One & discard a card in order to Special Summon a Zombie monster from my hand, I give you the Skull Servant!” (300/200)

He quickly discarded a Goblin Zombie & a skeleton draped in purple cloak appeared on the field.

“But that’s not all; I play Inferno Reckless Summon to call out 2 more copies to the field!” said Marin as 2 more cloaked skeletons also appeared on the field as well. (300/200 x2)

“So you’ve summoned 3 bags of bones & dust to the field…what you are doing?” questioned Penny.

“I plan to show you the wrath of the mistreated & these Skull Servants have long lived under various players’ reign where they would discard them without realizing their true strength…but now we Psychics are about to rise after centuries of oppression,” said Marin, “I play the Spell Card Triangle Power!”

“Oh no! That card can increase the Attack score of all Level 1 Normal Monster by…2000!” exclaimed Penny. (300/200 x3~2300/200 x3)

“And now they will all attack in full force,” announced Marin as a Skull Servant rushed at Psychic Commander & destroyed him.

Marin (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3100)

Marin (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3100)

“Followed by the second one’s assault,” said Marin.

“But I counter with Nutrition Z to regain 4000 Life Points when I’m attacked by a monster with over 2000 Attack Points,” said Clair.

“But the attack still hits,” claimed Marin.

Marin (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4800)

Marin (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4800)

“Finally, the third Skull Servant makes his move,” said Marin as the final Skull Servant attacked Clair.

Marin (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 2500)

Marin (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 2500)

“Well, I end my turn now,” said Marin, “but all boons must come with a price just like your precious Psychic monsters; all Level 1 monsters are now destroyed.”

Suddenly, all 3 Skull Servants moaned in agony as they all crumpled into dust.

“And it’s now my turn,” said Clair, “I summon Power Infector in Attack Mode.” (1300/1400)

The zombie-like monster then rose out of the ground & flexed its barrel-shaped arms.

“Now I invoke his hidden powers; by paying 600 Life Points, all Psychic monsters gain 500 Attack Points for this turn,” said Clair. (1300/1400~1800/1400)

Marin (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 1900)

Marin (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 1900)

“By continuously draining yourself of your own Life Points, defeat will only be an inevitable fate,” said Marin, “what a tragic end for those who resist the will of Mana.”

“But at least that is for a greater good because Power Injector will attack you directly,” said Clair as Power Injector lurched at Marin.

“Hmm…I activate my face-down card, Birthright,” said Marin relaxingly as the card opened, “this card allows me to revive a Normal Monster from my graveyard like my Skull Servant & he’ll take the hit for me.” (300/200)

The skeleton appeared from the ground & let Power Injector to punch it, therefore destroying it.

[align=center]

Marin (LP: 2500) Clair (LP: 1900)[/align]

“Whatever you do…I can just counter it,” claimed Marin, “watching all your duels have finally improved me for this special deck that I will defeat you with!”

“I place 2 cards face-down & you can now go on,” said Clair. (1800/1400~1300/1400)

“I draw then,” said Marin, “I activate Card Destruction to replace our hands.”

Both of them then discarded their entire hands for a new one each.

“I play Foolish Burial to send 1 monster straight to the graveyard like the Lady in Wight,” said Marin while he searched his deck out for the card & slid it in his graveyard.

“I follow that up with the Flute of Hamelin to discard 2 more copies to the graveyard,” said Marin as he continued his discarding.

“I have a seriously bad feeling about this,” claimed Penny, “but why is he discarding so many cards like that.”

“Perhaps you are curious on my motives here, so let me enlighten you,” said Marin, “this is the final turn, Clair Kinet! I summon the King of the Skull Servants!” (?/0)

Suddenly, the ground broke apart for the coming of a new creature. It was similar to Skull Servant in most aspects, but this one was bigger & an aura of darkness could be felt.

“But its Attack…is still undetermined…” pointed Penny.

“The King of the Skull Servants is similar to my Lord Liberion for he carries & leads all of his much-suffered kind to their victory,” said Marin, “as such; he gains 1000 Attack points for every Skull Servant or copy of himself in the graveyard.”

The King of the Skull Servants then let out an evil laugh as the dark aura expanded. (?/0~6000/0)

“Hey, why did it gained the other 3000 from?” demanded Clair, “with 3 Skull Servants in your graveyard, it should only be 3000 points strong.”

“The Lady in Wight can be treated as a Skull Servant while in the graveyard,” said Marin, “and with 3 of them down there, the result’s doubled. I also grant him the Glory Shield!”

A golden ornate shield appeared on the King’s arm. Under the influence of the darkness, it grew to be more tainted.

“With that card, I cannot activate any Spell or Trap Card during the Battle Phase!” hollered Clair.

“King of the Skull Servants, attack Power Injector with Wrath of Wight!” commanded Marin as the King of Skull Servants lurched at Power Injector & ripped it into pieces, while Clair took the aftershock of that strike.

Marin (LP: 2500) Clair (LP: 0)

Marin (LP: 2500) Clair (LP: 0)

After the hit, Clair simply collapsed & fainted on the spot.

“No, Clair!!!” exclaimed Penn as she rushed towards her friend.

However, a card suddenly grazed her knees & Penny fell to her knees in pain.

“Don’t touch Her Highness, you commoner,” said Marin as he approached Clair himself & held her in his arms.

“What are you going to do to her?” demanded Penny.

“Bring her back to where he truly belongs, with her father & the New World Order that shall bring forth eternal salvation to all,” said Marin as he slowly walked off with Clair in tow.

“Don’t worry Clair, just as you have saved me from them…I’ll do the same too,” vowed Penny, “but first I need medical attention.”

Later on, on top of a skyscraper in Oregeorgia, Marin was overlooking to the scenery. Beside him was a dome-shaped containment unit, completely shut. The African Commander-in-Chief of Arcadius, Ace, was seen walking towards him from behind.

“So you came at last,” said Marin, with his back facing Ace & he then turned to face him, “it is more polite to face the person one is speaking to.”

“Ok…what did you call me out here for, Sir Marin?” asked Ace.

“Both of us…we are both men of chivalry whose actions are always done for the sake of Arcadius & our Overmind, right,” said Marin.

“Indeed, I am true to both Arcadius & Lord Liberion & forever loyal to them,” said Ace.

Marin remained silent for a moment, and then he pressed a button on the containment unit beside him. The dome of the unit unfolded itself to reveal Clair bound in a straightjacket that gagged her mouth inside.

“Who is she?” asked Ace.

“Clair Kinet, a Psychic like us,” answered Marin, “and the long-lost daughter of Severus Merlin Kinet also known as Overmind Liberion, the former High Knight of Arcadius & 999th Great Overmind of the Psychics & Holy Arcadius Empire.”

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

Skull Servant

DARK/Zombie-Normal/LV 1/ATK 300/DEF 200

A skeletal ghost that isn't strong, but can mean trouble in large numbers.

Marin: Ta-da, the card of the day is the infamous Skull Servant. As a Normal Monster with such a low Attack score, it would seem that it is worthless & had been mistreated by players everywhere. However, they have strong powers when they call forth their liege to the field. Strangely, the Skull Servants seem to remind me of the thousands of Psychics over the ages who have suffered greatly…and all that will change when Liberion takes charge…

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Penny: Clair’s now taken away & it’s all my fault! Just as she once helped my family, I should also take it up to repay her back! Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 59-Unbroken Bonds!

Lullaby: I admire your skills, but you must try harder if you want to beat me.

I would like to thank Honest[umbra] for letting me use his card, Shadow Gate for this chapter.

[spoiler=Ch 59-Unbroken Bonds]

Aboard Ace’s flagship, the Great Rasputin, a few grunts were moving in the containment unit where Clair is sealed in. They were under the direct supervision of both Marin & Ace.

“Bring that unit to the storage room & make sure that no one gets in without our permission,” ordered Ace.

As the grunts moved out, Ace took the chance to privately talk to Marin about this.

“Marin, are you certain about doing this?” asked Ace.

“Clair Kinet may be the daughter of His Majesty, but she’s a stepping stone to our plan,” reasoned Marin, “therefore, she must be detained here while we can safely proceed with our plan.”

“Understood & I’ll be sure to keep her safe,” said Ace, “and is He informed of this?”

“Indeed he is, it was under his order that she must be kept there until everything’s cleared,” explained Marin, “that way, she may better accept the new order we are making.”

All this time, Lullaby was secretly overhearing their entire conversation from a corner.

“Hmm, quite interesting…let’s see how Lord Fuy…I mean the Ally would see of this,” murmured Lullaby.

Later on, back at the Dales’ home, Penny was in the middle of a talk with everyone including her family, Norman & other allies of them, excluding the White Hawks. Teong was the only other White Hawks member there as he tended to Penny’s wounds.

“And so like I was saying, Clair had been…ouch!” explained Penny before her injury acted up, “Doc, can you don’t hurt me too much with that anti-septic?”

“Sorry little missy, but this is the only way I can get things right,” said Teong as he continued pressing the wound very hard with a wet piece of cotton, “just try to endure it.”

“Ok…ouch...so Clair’s kidnapped …by that…ouch…Marin,” said Penny.

“What, he did this again,” claimed Norman annoyed.

“So what could we do now?” wondered Curtis, “I think we should let them be, maybe they will quiet down now.”

“Don’t you have a human conscious!” snapped Penny, “Clair had helped us so much when we needed her & all you can think of is to go against her! I don’t care about you lot, but I’m gonna to save her & that’s that!”

She then shrugged Teong off her leg & marched out of the house in anger. As she left, the Ally & Lullaby were spying on their actions. After seeing the result, the Ally chuckled.

“My Lord, what’s the matter?” asked Lullaby as she turned to the Ally.

“Ah, when I heard that Marin had captured Clair, I knew that it would happen sooner or later,” said the Ally, “but now, you know Clair’s whereabouts so you have to show yourself to that girl over there.”

“But she seems quite desperate to find Clair,” remarked Lullaby.

“Which is what I need right now, so go to her & duel her as a member of Arcadius,” instructed the Ally.

“Funny since we are after all not truly of Arcadius or even this world…” mused Lullaby as she picked up her Duel Disk.

As Penny wandered off to the local park in her vain search for answers & a friend, she soon grew desperate & the injury kept bothering her with great pain. She was then forced to bend down to rest, yet she still tried to keep going. Suddenly, Lullaby appeared in front of Penny herself.

“Are you the one called Penny Dales?” inquired Lullaby.

“Yah…why you asked…” replied Penny, only to raise another question.

“Because I’m here to remove you, a threat to Arcadius,” said Lullaby.

“What!? Do you know where Clair is kept?” demanded Penny.

“Maybe or maybe not, but we will just have to find out for ourselves,” said Lullaby, “so let’s duel, shall we.”

“I couldn’t agree with you more,” said Penny as she activated her Duel Disk.

Lullaby (LP: 4000, CiD: 40) Penny (LP: 4000, CiD: 57)

Lullaby (LP: 4000, CiD: 40) Penny (LP: 4000, CiD: 57)

“I shall go first,” said Lullaby as she drew, “I summon the Warm Worm in Defense Mode.” (600/1400)

A red worm with a few streaks of flames appeared & wrapped around itself.

“I set 1 face-down card & end my turn,” said Lullaby.

“I draw,” said Penny, “I summon my own Lightsworn Monk, Ehren!” (1600/1000)

A dark-skinned woman wearing a nearly-skintight white outfit appeared.

“Ehren, attack Warm Worm with Justice Somersault!” commanded Penny as Ehren leapt at Learning Elf & destroyed her with ease, “and now because she was in Defense Mode, she is sent back to your deck instead of being destroyed as per normal.”

“However, I have this card on the field,” said Lullaby as she pointed her activated Trap Card, which was a mirror styled in the Eye of Anubis, “this is the Light-Imprisoning Mirror, a magical artifact that can lock away the powers of all creatures who dared to call the powers of light as an ally. Thus, my Warm Worm is sent to the graveyard now & by its effect, you must mill away 3 cards.”

Penny then discarded off the 3 cards, 1 of which was Wulf, Lightsworn Beast.

“Too bad that you can’t summon Wulf or you could attack me directly,” remarked Lullaby.

“Now I place 1 face-down card & end my turn,” said Penny, “in which, I have to mill off 3 cards from my deck.”

Penny then milled off 3 cards as a result.

Lullaby (LP: 4000, CiD: 34) Penny (LP: 4000, CiD: 45)

Lullaby (LP: 4000, CiD: 34) Penny (LP: 4000, CiD: 45)

“I see…how many cards you have in your deck in total?” asked Lullaby.

“50 cards, since the Lightsworns can mill themselves rather quickly,” answered Penny.

“I will then wilt away all the dreams in your heart & the cards in your deck, letting darkness rob you of everything,” said Lullaby, “and I draw now & play The Shallow Grave so that each of us can summon a monster in face-down Defense Position.”

Suddenly, a horizontal card appeared on both players’ sides of the field.

“And now I place another monster, set a face-down card & end my turn,” said Lullaby calmly.

“Ok…1 of those monsters had to be Warm Worm…I would lose 3 cards if I destroyed it again, but I need to take my chances…” thought Penny after her draw.

“I flip open my face-down Lightsworn Beast, Wulf,” announced Penny as a bipedal white wolf appeared & snarled at Lullaby, (2100/300) “but I still have another trick up my sleeves when I play Charge of the Light Brigade!”

The image of the card then appeared on the field.

“This may cause me 3 cards, but I can take a Lightsworn monster to my hand,” said Penny as she searched for her card, “and I will summon him right away…Aurkus, the Lightsworn Driud!” (1200/1800)

A senior-looking man in a white suit appeared in a burst of light. He carried a silver plate on his right hand.

“But wait, since 1 of the cards that as milled by effect of my Spell Card, Lightsworn Saber can be attached onto a Lightsworn monster like Aurkus himself,” said Penny as a lightsaber appeared in Aurkus’ other hand. (1200/1800~1900/1800)

“Ok, so your Lightsworns are not protected from effects,” remarked Lullaby, “not that it will do you any good.”

“We’ll about that…Ehren, attack that face-down Warm Worm that he revived! Justice Somersault!” commanded Penny as Ehren kicked Warm Worm off its tracks. Penny quickly discarded 3 cards without waiting.

“You do know you’ll only hurt yourself even more…but you need to punish yourself for failing to help a friend,” remarked Lullaby.

“Shut up! I attack the other monster with Aurkus!” snapped Penny as Aurkus slashed his saber across the card, showing it to be a purplish worm with needles poking out. (750/600)

“Oh, that’s my little Needle Worm here & when he’s flipped open, the top 5 cards of your deck goes on a 1-way trip to the grave,” explained Lullaby while Penny discarded that number of cards away.

“Wulf, take the final hit!” commanded Penny as Wulf mauled at Lullaby herself.

Lullaby (LP: 1900, CiD: 32) Penny (LP: 4000, CiD: 36)

Lullaby (LP: 1900, CiD: 32) Penny (LP: 4000, CiD: 36)

“Ho, ho, so she’s playing the Despair Deck…by draining the opponent of his resources, they shall slowly sink into the infinite voids of despair,” remarked the Ally as he watched the duel.

“C’mon Penny, the darkness is calling for you. It hungers for your flesh,” taunted Lullaby, “better end your turn soon, so that you can shove more 5 cards down to the grave.”

Penny grew frustrated by what happened, but still put those 5 cards there anyway.

Lullaby (LP: 1900, CiD: 32) Penny (LP: 4000, CiD: 31)

Lullaby (LP: 1900, CiD: 32) Penny (LP: 4000, CiD: 31)

“I draw then,” said Lullaby, “and I play Blasting Vein to destroy my Light-Imprisoning Mirror for 2 new cards.”

The mirror shattered into pieces as Lullaby drew 2 cards out.

“You do know that breaking a mirror like that means 7 years of bad luck & your defeat by me will be 1 of them,” said Penny.

“Ah, but the duel is now in my favour as all the pieces are coming together now,” said Lullaby, “I summon Shield Worm in Defense Mode!” (0/2000)

A brown multi-legged worm appeared on the field. It mindlessly gazed at its opponent’s field.

“Whenever this monster’s summoned, you lose the top card of your deck,” said Lullaby as Penny grudgingly discarded it away, “and I play the Shadow Gate Equip Spell Card, which allows me to summon a DARK Monster with the maximum Attack score of 500 from my deck & I use this to summon the Level 8 Dark Tuner-Chaosrogue!” (0/0)

A portal of darkness appeared & a new figure appeared. It was a cartoonish humanoid who was smiling perpetually & a purple glowing orb was in the midpoint of its body.

“What’s that monster?” exclaimed Penny.

“The herald of your doom as you spiral down to the abyss that is the Underworld,” answered Lullaby ominously, “I shall now invoke Dark Tuning; I can summon a monster from my Extra Deck whose Level is the Level of the non-Dark Tuner Shield Worm subtracted by that of my Dark Tuner-Chaosrogue.”

“But if you subtract Levels like that…that would mean you are trying to summon a…Level -4 monster!” exclaimed Lullaby, “that’s impossible! I’ve studied the game intensively & there’s no such monster in existence!”

In response, Lullaby only laughed out loudly at Penny & she pressed a button on her Disk. A side-hatch for the Extra Deck opened up & she took out a card there & showed it to her. To Penny’s shock & amazement, it had a black frame with its Level indicator placed on the left & they were blue.

“I suggest you go back to school & study more. Up in the world of light, there may be no such thing. However, if we look deep & hard enough, they would be there…in the world of darkness…” said Lullaby ominously, “When darkness overlaps itself, the doors of the Underworld shall open. To a world without light, Dark Synchro! Appear now, Jet-Black Zumwald!” (2000/1000)

Chaosrogue giggled a little as it dispersed into 8 orbs of light that flew straight inside Shield Worm. Shield Worm struggled for a moment as it slowly became transparent & 12 orbs of light were seen inside it. 8 of the orbs floated towards each other & dispersed, leaving 4 orbs that turned dark & forced their way out of Shield Worm, which shattered into pixels too. The darkness meet up together to create a beam of darkness & a new creature appeared from it. It was masked & completely covered by a crimson red & dark blue cloak, leaving only his ghostly hands uncovered. On his right hand, he held a long staff ending in a few glowing orbs.

“Impossible…Level -4 monster…” muttered Penny, “they…actually exists…”

“You saw it, so better believe it,” said Lullaby, “now for the effect of Chaosrogue’s effect; when he has been sent to the graveyard for a Dark Synchro Summon, you must send the top 5 cards of your deck to the graveyard.”

“Not again!” whined Penny as she discarded them all, “wait…your strategy’s deck destruction! You had been planning to force me to a deck out, right?”

“This deck is called the Despair Deck for it leaves the opponent into despair as his trusted cards slowly wilted away forever, but you will join all of them soon,” said Lullaby, “I play the Spell Card called Necro Juggle!”

The card appeared, showing a jester juggling 2 crystal balls that apparently held the souls of 2 people.

“This card allows me to destroy a monster on my opponent’s side of the field & then the owner can summon another monster from his graveyard provided that I can choose what it is & it must be one of a higher Level,” explained Lullaby, “bye-bye, Wulf & hello, Gragonith, the Lightsworn Dragon.” (2000/1600)

Wulf instantly shattered into pixels as the glorious dragon of light graced the field & roared loudly.

“Since Gragonith’s first effect is a Continuous one, your Mirror is powerless,” pointed Penny, “so he gains 300 points for every different Lightsworn in my graveyard & I have…8 of them down there.”

Gragonith roared as apparitions of its fallen allies all flew inside its body. (2000/1600~4400/1600)

“I am well aware of your dragon’s effect & that shall be your ultimate downfall,” said Lullaby, “Jet-Black Zumwald, attack Gragonith!”

“What!? But Gragonith has a higher Attack score & you’ll lose yourself,” noted Penny.

“When Jet-Black Zumwald attacks a monster with a high Attack, that monster’s Attack will become equal to Zumwald’s own Attack & for every 100 point deducted, you must send 1 card to the graveyard,” said Lullaby, (4400/1600~2000/1600) “so that is 24 cards of the deck then.”

Penny was shocked at the move, but she reluctantly slid all 24 cards to the graveyard.

[align=center]

Lullaby (LP: 1900, CiD: 29) Penny (LP: 4000, CiD: 1)[/align]

“Damn…with only 1 card left in my deck, I can’t do much…” thought Penny, “if only I could play my face-down Lightsworn Barrier…but I will risk decking out on my next turn…almost all my good cards are now gone…I feel so helpless…”

“This time, darkness shall conceal all light. Go, Dark Dragdown!” commanded Lullaby.

Jet-Black Zumwald fired a laser from his staff while Gragonith breathed a blast of shining flames from its mouth. The 2 forces collided & caused a huge explosion that engulfed the entire field with a mix of light & darkness. As the collision faded away, both monsters were still standing.

“I don’t get it, Zumwald should have been destroyed when he battled with a monster that has equal Attack as him,” claimed Penny.

“Jet-Black Zumwald cannot be destroyed in battle,” explained Lullaby, “but I was planning to ask you the same question too.”

“As much as I hate to admit it, I have to thank you for milling away almost my entire deck away,” said Penny, “because of your plan, I can put Necro Gardna in my graveyard & I removed him from play just when you attacked my Gragonith. And on my turn where he retains full power & Zumwald cannot use his effect, I will crush & defeat you.”

“I activate my face-down card, Spirit Barrier,” said Lullaby as the card opened, “now you can’t deal me Battle Damage without getting rid of all monsters, including the indestructible Jet-Black Zumwald & I end my turn so that you may despair towards your defeat.”

“She’s right…everything’s counting on what I draw next…all that frustration over the duel’s making me lose track of my deck…hope I could get what I want…please Clair, please help me…” thought Penny as she slowly drew out the card & looked at it.

“I’m gonna win this or my name’s not Penny Dales!” cried Penny, “with more than 4 different Lightsworn monsters resting in my graveyard, I can Special Summon my ultimate creature…come forth, the almighty Judgment Dragon!!!” (3000/2600)

The sky thundered as a beam of pure light shone from above & a titanic blue Oriental dragon appeared & roared loudly.

“This monster is the true master of the Lightsworns who delivers judgment upon the wicked! For dragging others into the pits of despair, you are hereby judged!” cried Penny, “by paying 1000 Life Points, I can destroy every other card on the field. Go, Maelstrom of Judgment!”

[align=center]

Lullaby (LP: 1900, CiD: 29) Penny (LP: 3000, CiD: 0)[/align]

Judgment Dragon then flapped its mighty wings to create a gigantic storm in the area. All the other Lightsworn Monsters braced themselves from it, but they were quickly blown into pieces. Penny’s face-down card also opened to reveal itself as Lightsworn Barrier & shattered. On Lullaby’s side of the field, Spirit Barrier shattered followed by Jet-Black Zumwald as he cried in pain.

“Just you’re wrong, light will overwhelm darkness no matter what…Judgment Dragon, end this duel with Judgment Flare!” commanded Penny as the Judgment Dragon breathed out a huge stream of golden flames at Lullaby.

Lullaby (LP: 0, CiD: 29) Penny (LP: 3000, CiD: 0)

Lullaby (LP: 0, CiD: 29) Penny (LP: 3000, CiD: 0)

“I may got no cards left, but you got 0 Life Points,” said Penny, “now let’s get on to business.”

After that last move, Lullaby laid on the ground as she became exhausted after the duel. As she fell down, her deck dropped to reveal the next card she drew, Hand Destruction.

“No…if I…had got that…and played it…then I could…win…” stuttered Lullaby tiredly.

Penny rushed towards her fallen foe & grabbed her by the collar of her clothes.

“Now that I won your crazy game, now tell me where Clair is being kept!” demanded Penny as she shook Lullaby.

“Ok…the Great Rasputin…that’s where she’s at…” replied Lullaby.

“What’s that?” asked Penny.

“The flagship for the Commander-in-Chief of Arcadius…Ace…” answered Lullaby, “it’s…in fact…stationed right here…Oregeorgia…”

After saying that, Lullaby mysteriously disappeared from Penny’s grip.

“How did she…but at least she gave me the info that I wanted,” said Penny.

Deep within the lush forests of the park, the Ally was carrying Lullaby on his back. The young Psychic girl was still wounded by the duel as she didn’t dare walk on her own.

“Good thing you stopped time so that you can come fetch me,” thanked Lullaby.

“Indeed, but this would mean that everything is set for a climatic confrontation,” said the Ally.

“You always try to change the topic when someone thanks you, don’t you,” remarked Lullaby.

“It is always never a good thing to be personal with other people when you are as good as immortal…” said the Ally.

“But try to keep those memories for your friends are always immortal…in your hearts,” said Lullaby.

“Ah, naïve little girl,” mused the Ally, “soon you will learn of the truth…as like anyone drafted into the ranks of the Mandate would…in the end.”

Judgment Dragon

LIGHT/Dragon-Effect/LV 8/ATK 3000/DEF 2600

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by having 4 or more "Lightsworn" monsters with different names in your Graveyard. You can pay 1000 Life Points to destroy all other cards on the field. During each of your End Phases, send the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Penny: The Card of the Day is…my trump card of the Lightsworn Archetype, the almighty & glorious Judgment Dragon! He can only be summoned if I have at least different Lightsworn Monsters in my graveyard, which is very easy to summon especially with the self-mill theme of the Lightsworns. Anyway, I can pay 1000 Life Points to inflict judgment upon the entire field, taking everything to oblivion. However, during my End Phase, I must mill off 4 cards from my deck.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Penny: The Great Rasputin…that’s where Clair is being kept in…and the ship is flying directly over Oregeorgia & for no good reason too! However, when I reach towards that ship, I was halted by this fella called Blake & he wants a duel. Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 60-Radiant Jewels!

Blake: Kid, the sky’s no place for the commoners! Only the disciples of Mana are allowed here!

CiD' date=' clever

and Mandate could that perhaps be the organization of the future

[/quote']

interesting theory,but it's not that.

Try searching Mandate on google & see what you got

It is actually a different organisation with different goals & everything

Oh my... I'd almost say it was a trap' date=' but the Ally and the Overmind obviously have different plans, even on there somewhat friendly terms. So they're off to get Clair back. Question is, will the Overmind be there at the time? Will he try and stop them himself?

[/quote']

No,but the loyalty of his High Knight Marin & the Ally's true plans would be revealed...to an extent

[spoiler=Ch 60-Radiant Jewels]

Back at the Dales’ house, Penny returned there & was telling the others on what she just knew.

“So Clair is now put up in some ship called the Great Rasputin,” said Penny.

“But what’s that?” asked Curtis, “and are you sure that your source is accurate, with her being another of the bad guys?”

“Actually, the Great Rasputin does exist,” said Gethin, “It was said to be designed by the famed Russian Psychic Grigori Rasputin the Mad Monk in his sleep, thus it was named after him when its construction finished on 6 August 1945. It’s now currently the flagship for the Commander-in-Chief Ace; he’s quite a military man as he’s from the African Sosialis Federation & all.”

“That area…it’s an utterly corrupted area that’s always at odds with most of the other federations in the world,” remarked Norman, “but look at the news now!”

“We interrupt our pre-scheduled program for this special emergency news bulletin. Up in the skies of Oregeorgia, you can see an unidentified aerial object. As to its purpose & functions, they remain unknown & there is no evidence of who owns it. However, it is kept under constant view for safety reasons. We shall update you with further news at a later timing. This is your beloved Mary Willis signing off!”

“That’s it, the Great Rasputin!” exclaimed Gethin as he saw the bulletin, “but it can only go to a certain location if its commander is commanded to go by the order of the Overmind himself…so…”

“They are now putting everything on the line & this may be the decisive battle where the future of the whole world is at hand,” interrupted Norman.

“So let’s find Clair, her prison is seen right in clear day,” said Penny as she dashed out of the house.

“Arg…Fuyuki, Gethin, follow me!” instructed Norman as he followed Penny soon after.

Later on, up on the rooftop of the Hilton Hotel, Penny exhaustedly panted on her way there. Norman, Gethin & Fuyuki were not far behind & had just reached there only.

“How on earth…can…an injured girl…even get up here so fast?” wondered Gethin.

“Look up there, the Great Rasputin!” exclaimed Penny as she pointed up to the shape near them.

It was a giant blimp that was heavily-plated with armor of some kind. However, there was a large rectangular platform on top of the blimp & 2 beings were seen above it. However, they disappeared after a sudden gust of wind blew past them. Then, they reappeared directly in front of them.

“Blake & Ace!” identified Gethin.

“So you still remembered us, you little traitor,” said Blake, “anyway, you are now enemies to my Lord & I shall stop you upon my duty.”

“But tell me why you flew in here with that ship?” demanded Norman.

“The time has finally come for the world to acknowledge its true masters, Arcadius!” replied Ace, “I was once a military man in African Sosialis Federation. I joined the military in hopes of giving the people a better life, but Director Tunku & the higher officials were selfish & imposed even more suffering upon the people. Then, Lord Liberion approached me & gave me a chance to bring my people into peace & salvation…and the rest is history.”

“And the present is that 1 of you shall duel me! So who would it be…” pondered Blake, “how about the girl over there.”

“Fine by me, you bastard,” said Penny as she turned on her Duel Disk.

[align=center]

Blake (LP: 4000) Penny (LP: 4000)[/align]

“I’m in a rush here, so I’ll go first!” said Blake as he drew, “I play the all-powerful Field Spell Advanced Dark!”

Suddenly, the entire field was covered by a blue spell circle.

“Only 1 of us will come out of this ring alive & kicking,” said Blake, “but for now, I summon the Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth in Attack Mode.” (1700/1600)

An amber stone appeared before it bursted into darkness & a grayish mammoth with an amber on its forehead appeared. Suddenly, a dark blue aura surrounded it & turned it into a slightly more feral version.

“A Crystal Beast!? But how…” exclaimed Penny.

“Yah, I know…By the effect of Advanced Dark, all Crystal Beasts on the field & in the graveyard are considered as DARK Monsters,” said Blake, “also I place 3 cards face-down & end my turn.”

“I draw,” said Penny, “now I summon Jain, Lightsworn Paladin in Attack Mode.” (1800/1200)

A white-haired tomboyish woman in a white suit of armor appeared. She held a shield on 1 hand & a shining sword of light on the other hand.

“Her effect allows Jain to gain 300 more points in battle,” noted Norman.

“And now, she attacks your Amber Mammoth with Slash of Glory!” (1800/1200~2100/1200) commanded Penny as Jain slashed Amber Mammoth, but the Life Points remained unchanged as an amber crystal appeared, “you should have taken damage!” (2100/1200~1800/1200)

“If I didn’t send my Emerald Turtle to the graveyard to nullify the Damage, that is,” said Blake, “that is the second effect of Advanced Dark that makes it so powerful. Also, I activate the Trap Card Crystal Signal Flash.”

The face-down card flipped open, showing some gemstones casting a blinding light upon the area.

“This card activates only when a monster that I control is destroyed in battle & lets me summon a Crystal Beast to the field,” explained Blake, “therefore, I summon the Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle!” (300/300)

A ruby gem appeared before bursting into darkness & a small blue cat with a ruby on its forehead & the tip of its tail appeared. However, the darkness within Advanced Dar overtook it & it grew more feral.

“Now that it’s Special Summoned, its effect activates to bring me back my fallen Amber Mammoth!” said Blake as the amber broke & reformed into the Amber Mammoth again. (1700/1600)

“Arg…I place a face-down & end my turn after sending 2 cards to the graveyard,” said Penny.

“My turn,” said Blake, “I set a card face-down & summon another member of the Crystal Beast, the Amethyst Cat.” (1200/400)

Suddenly, an amethyst stone appeared & shattered in a mist of darkness, revealing a pink cat with a plate that contained an amethyst stone on it. It glowed with darkness as it grew wilder & more vicious.

“Now I attack your Lightsworn Paladin with all of them!” commanded Blake.

“That’s crazy! You’re making yourself lose here!” hollered Penny.

“I still have Advanced Dark to protect me from damage,” said Blake, “and with these strikes, I’m sending the remaining 3 Crystal Beasts in my deck!”

At his order, Ruby Carbuncle dashed at Jain, but Jain swiped her blade & killed it off. Next, Amethyst Cat leapt at Jain, but met with the same fate as it clashed with the warrior. Finally, the Amber Mammoth stomped at Jain, but was destroyed. Suddenly, 3 gemstones appeared on the field. They were a ruby, cobalt & amber respectively.

“No…he couldn’t be…it’s so familiar…” thought Norman.

“But I still don’t get it!” noted Penny, “why would you let 3 of your monsters attack my monster who is clearly the stronger one here?”

“So that I may summon an even stronger one to my side, I activate this card right now!” cried Blake as the face-down card opened to reveal as Rainbow Gravity.

“I knew it! He was planning this all along!” exclaimed Norman as he was shocked by the events around him.

“What does that card do?” asked Fuyuki.

“With all 7 Crystal Beasts all nicely gathered onto the field & graveyard, I can call forth their lord, the Ultimate Crystal Lord…the almighty Rainbow Dark Dragon!!!” yelled Blake as a rainbow beam of light shone & morphed into a large serpentine black dragon with 7 crystals all attached onto its body and 2 large feathery wings. (4000/0)

“No way…the Ultimate Crystal Beast…” exclaimed Penny.

“Well, you are seeing it…or at least its darker half of course,” said Blake, “but now face his wrath! Rainbow Dark Dragon, take down the Lightsworn Paladin with Dark Rainbow Refraction!”

Rainbow Dark Dragon let out a deafening roar as it fired a blast of rainbow colours towards Jain & that completely vapourised her into nothing. That attack also caused a wind blast that somehow injured Penny in a way.

[align=center]

Blake (LP: 4000) Penny (LP: 1800)[/align]

“Why…the pain is real…” noted Penny as she tried to stand upright.

“Just a little twist to the duel that I added based on my own powers,” revealed Blake, “I possess the Psychic power of Cruciatus, the power of inflicting pain upon others…every time either one of us lose Life Points, that unlucky fool will feel excruciating pain & I doubt that you can stand this power unlike me who has used this so many times before when this here duel is over.”

“What! You are dueling her under these conditions!” exclaimed Norman, “that’s plain wrong!”

“A bit ironic, since it’s coming from a man who blindly shoots people to death,” remarked Blake, “to inflict others the curse of pain has been prevalent throughout the history of Mankind, old man!”

“We are roughly the same age here,” claimed Norman.

“Blah blah blah, I end my turn now,” said Blake.

“I draw,” said Penny, “now I summon Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner in Defense Mode.” (1000/1000)

A tan-skinned woman wearing a set of white robes appeared on the field & bent down to kneel.

“Her effect allows me to discard 1 card from my hand, but I can bring back a Lightsworn from my graveyard & I bring back Garda, Lightsworn Defender in Defense Mode of course,” said Penny as a white barbarian with white armor & white shield appeared. (300/2400)

“Oh, so you are planning to defend your pitiful self,” claimed Blake, “but when did you have that? I don’t seem to recall of destroying him.”

“During the end of my previous turn, I sent him to the grave so that I may maintain Jain,” explained Penny, “but I can show you the card I just discarded by playing the Glorious Illusion Trap Card! This card can revive a Lightsworn Monster from my graveyard in Attack Mode, so come back to me…my Lightsworn Mender, Jenis!” (300/2100)

A red-haired woman in a priestly outfit & a golden staff appeared on the field.

“Now I move her to Defense Mode & give Garda the Ring of Magnetism,” said Penny as a ring of green light surrounded Garda. (300/2400~0/1900)

“That just weakened both his stats!” remarked Fuyuki, “why would she do that?”

“So that Garda would just take the burden of all the attacks upon himself & I end my turn with a face-down. But that means I must send a certain number of cards away…3 plus 2…” said Penny as she discarded 5 cards, “and now, the effect of Jenis is revealed!”

Jenis waved her staff around, causing dust of light to fall upon Penny. Then, she pointed it towards Blake & fired it at him. Blake cringed as the light blast hit him.

[align=center]

Blake (LP: 3500) Penny (LP: 2300)[/align]

“What just happened?” asked Gethin, “not that I am complaining about Blake being whooped here.”

“Let me explain here,” said Penny, “whenever I need to mill off cards due to my Lightsworns during the End Phase, I can gain 500 Life Points while you take 500 points as damage.”

“Oh I see, but that can do nothing in comparison to what I can do,” said Blake as he drew, “I activate the Trap Card called Meteorain.”

Rainbow Dark Dragon then eluded a reddish glow around it.

“But that card can inflict trampling damage to an opponent!” exclaimed Gethin.

“But if you think that you can just attack Lumina & win this duel, then you’re wrong! The Ring of Magnetism can draw your attacks right towards Garda,” said Penny.

“Fine by me, since you are gonna get hurt anyway. Dark Rainbow Refraction!” yelled Blake as Rainbow Dark Dragon launched its blast on Garda, and destroyed him.

Blake (LP: 3500) Penny (LP: 1250)

Blake (LP: 3500) Penny (LP: 1250)

“The damage…it wasn’t that little,” remarked Blake.

“All Battle Damage involving him is reduced by half,” said Penny, “but since I sent 2 cards to the graveyard, Garda should have been indestructible.”

“Second effect of my Advanced Dark, I can negate all Monster Effects when it attacks,” said Blake, “I shall set a face-down & end my turn.”

“My turn,” said Penny as she also drew, “and I…I think I activate Lumina’s effect once more & revive Garda in Defense Mode.” (300/2400)

The white-armored shieldsman reappeared on the field again.

“While I’m at it, I summon another member of the Lightsworns, its Druid by the name of Aurkus!” said Penny. (1200/1800)

An elderly man in a white suit & a silver platter appeared on the field & braced itself in Defense Mode.

“With him, my Lightsworns are now immune to card effects,” said Penny, “with that, I place just a face-down & end my turn…but I will have to send some cards to the graveyard now.”

“So that means…let’s see here…” murmured Gethin, “3 from Lumina…add the 2 out of Glorious Illusion…and Aurkus’ should be 2…so that’s a total of…7 cards!”

“Yeah, but that triggers Jenis’ effect twice,” said Norman, “these archetypes can sure start a fire when they really try, be it a strong offense or an unbreakable defense.”

As Penny slowly discarded her 9 cards, Jenis waved her staff at Penny & then pointed it at Blake for an attack.

[align=center]

Blake (LP: 2500) Penny (LP: 2250)[/align]

“But like all resistances, they all shall fall upon the might of Arcadius, the Overmind & my Rainbow Dark Dragon!” said Blake as he began his turn, “I play the Crystal Promise Spell Card to Special Summon my crystallized Ruby Carbuncle to the field.”

The blue cat then broke free of its gemstone prison & growled at Penny. (300/300)

“And now that Ruby has been Special Summoned, every other of my encased Crystal Beasts shall be freed also. Go, Ruby Rampage!” cried Blake.

Ruby Carbuncle shot out a red beam of light that also shattered the other 2 crystals & both the mammoth & cat appeared as well. (1700/1600, 1200/400)

“Now attack the Lightsworn Defender with Dark Rainbow Refraction!” commanded Blake as Rainbow Dark Dragon prepared its attack in its mouth.

“I can send 2 cards to the graveyard to avoid destruction,” said Penny as she slid the 2 cards in.

“But he could negate that effect,” claimed Fuyuki.

“Sounds tempting…but I chose not to,” said Blake as he let the attack pass by.

“That’s strange, but why he did that?” wondered Norman.

“Or can I when I play this card…Unfair Judge!” said Blake, “if I couldn’t attack successfully, I may pay 800 Life Points to order to attack every one of your monsters. Go, Dark Rainbow Refraction!!!”

[align=center]

Blake (LP: 1700) Penny (LP: 2250)[/align]

Rainbow Dark Dragon let out an evil roar as it shot out several blasts from its mouth to destroy every monster of Penny’s, including the Lightsworn Defender.

“It would seem that your Lightsworn Defender’s absolute defense works only once per turn,” claimed Blake, “oh sad that your charade must end here. The remainder of my Crystal Beasts…attack her directly with all your might!”

“Activate, Direct Border!” cried Penny as the card opened, “all direct attacks with over 1000 Attack Points are negated now!”

“I activate Amethyst Cat’s effect & attack you directly with her effect then,” said Blake. (1200/400~600/400)

Amber Mammoth charged at Penny, but was stopped by an invisible barrier. Amethyst Cat quickly pounced over Penny & gave her a slash to her face, while Ruby Carbuncle shot out a blast of darkness at her. The whole ordeal had seemingly exhausted Penny as her vision slowly blurred & her world starting to fade away in darkness.

Deep inside Penny’s mind, she found herself in a Roman coliseum with 4 large pillars towering the entire area along with a rainbow casting the clear blue sky. A feeling of serenity filled the entire area.

“Ruby…” cried a strange voice.

Penny turned her head around & saw the Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle. Unlike the wicked incarnation that Blake had used, this one was cute-looking & pure.

“Ruby Carbuncle, what are you doing here?” asked Penny as she approached the small creature.

“This is our domain & you have been invited to it,” said another voice, being gruff & showing signs of seniority.

Suddenly, several other creatures appeared out of thin air to surround Penny. They were the Emerald Turtle, Amber Mammoth, Amethyst Cat, Topaz Tiger & Cobalt Eagle. All of them looked so gentle & calm, completely contrasting their wicked counterparts.

“The Crystal Beasts, but one of you are missing here…” remarked Penny.

“How observant of you, my dear,” claimed that same gruff voice, “I believe I should show myself to you now.”

Suddenly, the form of the Sapphire Pegasus gently descended from the rainbow & landed directly in front of Penny.

“Firstly, I would like to welcome you to the true domain of the Crystal Beasts, the Ancient City of the Rainbow Ruins!” proclaimed Sapphire Pegasus.

“But I thought that Advanced Dark was your domain,” said Penny.

“That dreadful place…it was just something that Yubel used to corrupt us into his slaves when he possessed our original master, Jesse Anderson,” explained Topaz Tiger, “I still remembered how he ordered me to attack Jaden directly even when Winged Kuriboh’s effect would have negated that attack & that was really painful too.”

“But at least now, Yubel is safely put in Neo Space to fulfill Jaden’s request,” remarked Amethyst Cat.

“Silence! We don’t have much time left before Blake finds this out,” cried Sapphire Pegasus, “Penny, you must defeat Blake by destroying that Field Spell, Advanced Dark…with that out of the way, we can rightfully release ourselves from the darkness that curses us.”

“But I’m not sure if I could…do this, he’s just too powerful,” claimed Penny.

“Penny, I know you very well & you are a quitter!” yelled a booming voice from the sky.

Suddenly, a gigantic form flew in from the heavens. As it descended upon the ground, it was clear that it was a blue feathered dragon, the Judgment Dragon.

“Judgment Dragon!” exclaimed Penny.

“Yes, he was the one allowed us to establish contact with you,” claimed Emerald Turtle.

“Yes, it is I who bring you these oppressed creatures,” said the Judgment Dragon, “under influence of Advanced Dark, they are nothing more than slaves to Blake & I wish to pass judgment to him. My only question is, will you lead your deck to judge him?”

“Well…I will,” replied Penny.

“A most wise decision indeed,” said the Judgment Dragon.

“We must depart for Blake would discover our treachery soon. To you & the Lightsworns, we give our eternal thanks,” said Sapphire Pegasus as the world faded into darkness again…

Back at the duel itself, everyone had believed that Penny was knocked unconscious by then. Blake was especially impatient with what was happening.

“C’mon! If you don’t stop playing dead, you are gonna to forfeit this thing,” said Blake, “or perhaps you find me too strong for you.”

“Sir Blake, please don’t underestimate the young lady,” warned Ace, “there are things about her that I feel she is strong too.”

“Zip it, you’re only a minor compared to me!” snapped Blake.

“Maybe so, but if I were you, I would listen to your friend,” said Penny as she stood up.

Blake (LP: 1700) Penny (LP: 1350)

Blake (LP: 1700) Penny (LP: 1350)

“So you’re still living,” said Blake, “thought you were a goner when I attacked you back.”

“Actually, I’m far more resistant than you imagined,” said Penny, “By the effect of Direct Border, I can draw a card if I were attacked directly by a monster with an Attack below 1000.”

Penny then drew 2 more cards & took immediate notice to 1 of those 2 cards.

“That card…it is just what I needed,” thought Penny.

“I set 2 face-downs & end my turn,” said Blake as he slid in both Torrential Tribute & Trap of Darkness into his Disk.

“Ha, that poor girl will be crushed for certain now,” thought Blake, “just as long as I have these 2 cards with me. Even if she did manage to summon something to defeat me, I can use Torrential Tribute to destroy every monster on the field…followed by the Trap of Darkness to mimic my Rainbow Gravity so that I may have Rainbow Dark Dragon again.”

“This is it now, the final turn!” said Penny as she drew out Name of a Friend, “I’m gonna fight for Clair’s freedom & also for the Crystal Beasts! I play this card, Name of a Friend!”

The Spell Card’s image appeared on the field & morphed into the form of the Sapphire Pegasus. (LIGHT/Spellcaster-Normal/LV 1/ATK 0/ DEF 0)

“Greetings Blake,” greeted the ‘Sapphire Pegasus’, “the Crystal Beasts & I shall not acknowledge you as our master & I intend to see to it!”

“But how did you get Sapphire Pegasus with you?” questioned Blake, who was shocked at it.

“I didn’t, but this is merely a memory of him,” explained Penny, “Name of a Friend allows me to choose a monster from the opponent’s graveyard & then transform into the said monster in Defense Mode.”

“Despite that, it only has 0 Attack Points,” claimed Gethin.

“It seems to me that she’s using a Spell Monster,” said Ace, “something like Trap Monsters, only lacking in the emergency defense. But they can make a good Release fodder at times.”

“Interesting, but I activate the almighty Torrential Tribute Trap Card!” cried Blake, “when a monster has just been summoned to the field, I can destroy every single monster off the face of the earth!”

A stream of rapid water burst out of the card to consume the monsters in the field. Their resistances were all futile as the rapids washed them all away.

“Hmpf, that’s what you get for backstabbing me…again,” remarked Blake.

“You mean…you already knew that I met the real Crystal Beasts all along!” inferred Penny.

“Of course, and I have punished them good for their lack of loyalty, hope they can just let their owner do the driving now,” said Blake.

“Now I activate this card, Foolish Burial to send Wulf, Lightsworn Beast to the graveyard,” said Penny.

“Why would she just send a monster to her graveyard like that?” wondered Gethin.

Suddenly, a white furred werewolf appeared on the field & snarling at Blake. (2100/300)

“That’s why, he can be Special Summoned when it has milled away,” explained Penny.

“But it can’t be Normal Summoned in any manner, so its power is really something here,” remarked Norman.

“And that’s my plan in the first place,” said Penny, “I Release Wulf in order to Advance Summon Celestia, Lightsworn Angel!” (2300/200)

Wulf growled at Blake for one last time before transforming into a portal of light that an angel endowed in a set of white armor & graceful beauty. A long staff was held onto her arms.

“When she has been Advance Summoned by Releasing a Lightsworn monster, I can send 4 cards to the graveyard so that I may destroy up to 2 cards,” said Penny, “and I choose both your Advanced Dark & my Direct Border!”

As such, both cards instantly shattered & the spell circle was gone at last.

“No! My protection…now those infernal creatures will…” muttered Blake as he clenched his chest in pain, “arg…so this is it…the price for using these powerful cards…”

“I couldn’t agree more on abusing your own cards like that,” said Gethin, “without Advanced Dark on the field, you are just fearing for your miserable existence. Go finish him off, Penny.”

“It will be our pleasure,” said Penny, “Celestia, attack him directly with Daybreak Light!” commanded Penny.

“I…I…activate…my face-down…” stuttered Blake before the pain overtook him, but it was too late as Celestia’s staff blasted him with a blast of pure light.

Blake (LP: 0) Penny (LP: 1350)

Blake (LP: 0) Penny (LP: 1350)

After the blast hit him, Blake lost all his conscious & fell down to the ground below. His movements had let all his cards fly around the area & Rainbow Dark Dragon having landed near Norman. As Norman picked it up, it vanished into black smoke.

“How odd are these cards,” remarked Norman.

Ace saw the whole thing & tried to move down to help his comrade. However, a mysterious force was preventing him from doing so.

“Never mind him,” boomed Liberion’s voice as it echoed inside Ace’s mind, “Sir Blake is sealed in the pages of Past, those who resist me & our dreams are our Present & the Future is of your victory over all of them.”

With that, Ace turned to face Penny & company with eyes of boldness. Suddenly, they shone in a shade of sky blue & the surrounding wind started to pick up speed & surrounded them all.

“What in San Hill is going on?” cried Norman as the winds gathered closer towards him.

After a few minutes of violent winds, they finally stopped. However, there was no one left & the whole rooftop was torn apart due to both the duel & the windstorm. 2 members of the hotel staff were on their way to check the commotion & saw the devastation done to the place.

“What just happened?” asked 1 of them.

“It looks like the result of a localized windstorm that occurred after a magical game wherein people summon monsters,” said the other person, only to get a tight slap from the first person.

“Be more practical for once,” said the first person, “I’m calling the cops.”

Jenis, Lightsworn Mender

LIGHT/Spellcaster-Effect/LV 4/ATK 300/DEF 2100

During the End Phase, if a card(s) was sent from your Deck to the Graveyard by the effect of a "Lightsworn" card this turn, inflict 500 damage to your opponent and gain 500 Life Points.

Penny: Ta-da, today’s card is the Lightsworn Mender, Jenis. Another member of the Lightsworn series, she is seemingly a new addition to the team & she has quite an effect herself. During the End Phase where cards would be sent to the graveyard due to a Lightsworn’s effect, she can turn that into a boon as she could deal the opponent 500 points of damage while healing you by that same amount.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Norman: So here we are, on board of the Great Rasputin that is on a destruction spree on its own now. To subdue it, I must beat its pilot & commander, Ace. Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 61-AI-RR-AID!

Ace: For the greater good, I must fight now & must fight even stronger now!!!

Looks like the first of the knights to be gone for good... Well' date=' probably anyway.

Very ironic, i've been learning about the mad monk Rasputin. Poor guy, did he really deserve to die that way?

Anyway, good job!

[/quote']

taht will be the last you see of Blake, he bends the wills of the crystal beasts & that is his retribution.

Ah, Rapustin's quite an interesting character here. So I put a cameo here since he fits a historic example of a Psychic...

Disclaimer: I must thank Honest [umbra] for letting me use his custom card, namely the Chain Reactor Trap Card.

[spoiler=Ch 61-AI-RR-AID]

Deep inside a storage room within the Great Rasputin, Clair was struggling & fidgeting inside the containment unit that kept her bound. Despite her best efforts, the unit didn’t even bulge in the slightest. Clair, who was strapped in a straitjacket, soon gave in & knelt there. However, she felt something, an odd feeling in her mind…

Clair suddenly found herself freed from the restraints & outside in a Duel Stadium of some kind. It was oval-shaped & crowds in the audience were cheering loudly. As Clair peeped out to see the real situation, she noticed an armored warrior & a red motorcycle moving along the tracks & its rider was only a man too familiar to the fans.

“He’s Yusei Fudo, but he’s so young,” said Clair, “this must be a vision of the past or something…”

Riding behind Yusei’s own Duel Runner, it was a black Duel Runner which was much larger than any common Duel Runner. The skull bone of a cattle was placed in front of the said Duel Runner & 2 huge wheels were on its sides. A South American man with long black hair & a muscular body was the rider of the large Duel Runner & he had 3 monsters with him, the Reactor series.

“Next, I activate another Trap Card, Delta Reactor!” declared the man as his 3 monsters flew together, “this card sends the Summon Reactor AI, Trap Reactor RR, Magic Reactor AID on my field to the graveyard!”

The 3 Reactor monsters then merged together as a beam of white light that descended on the field & the shadow of a gigantic form was seen.

“Appear now, Giant Bomber Airraid!!” cried the man as the light revealed a gigantic creature resembling a large aircraft appeared to loom over the field.

“Oh my God!” exclaimed Clair.

“Oh my, Bommer has actually summoned his Ace Monster on his second turn!” cried another voice that apparently came from a PA system.

At that moment, Clair’s conscious returned back to her present situation. For some reason, she suddenly swayed towards 1 side.

“What’s going on here?” thought Clair.

Actually, 2 masked grunts were trying to carry the containment unit away from the storage room.

Meanwhile, on the top of the Great Rasputin, there was a giant platform built. Ace was looking straight into the streets with a deep green Duel Disk attached onto his arm as the winds blew behind him. Clair’s containment unit was placed just beside him while Norman, Penny, Fuyuki & Gethin lied down there until they slowly regained consciousness.

“Oh my, what happened?” wondered Fuyuki, “last thing I remembered was the wind going crazy…and where are we?”

“Looks like that we are on air,” joked Gethin, but he was hit by a slap on his face.

“Now’s not the time of joking!” snapped Penny as she had her palm out, “our enemy is over there!”

“The young lady is quite an intelligent one, I really wish to duel you now,” claimed Ace as he turned around to face them, “Allow me to formally introduce myself. You may address me as Ace & I am the Commander-in-Chief in Arcadius. I shall not bore you with my back-story & get straight to the point here. I have been sent here primarily to root out all possible threats & all of you qualify as that.”

“I don’t care about your goals, just give us back Clair!” yelled Penny.

“Oh, you mean Her Highness,” said Ace as he pressed a button on the unit.

The unit then unfolded itself to reveal Clair bound tightly in a straitjacket inside & she saw her surrounding area.

“I beg for your mercy for such treatment, but it is all for the greater good!” said Ace, “but now, I must challenge you lot & who should I start with…I want ot save the girl for last…very well, I choose to duel with the adult.”

“That would be Norman White to you,” said Norman as he prepared his Pocket Disk for the duel, “let’s duel!”

[align=center]

Ace (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 4000)[/align]

“I’ll go first!” said Ace as he drew, “and now I play the Spell Card, Cost Down. By discarding 1 card, it lets me lower a monster’s Level by 2, which is enough for me to summon the Level 5-turned-3 Summon Reactor AI.” (2000/1400)

A deep green aircraft-like robot appeared on the field & spun its 2 turbines.

“And if you are curious on what I just discarded, let me enlighten you,” said Ace, “I play Monster Reborn to Special Summon that card, the Trap Reactor RR!” (800/1800)

Another aerial machine appeared, this one having an appearance similar to a mix between an aircraft & a humanoid figure. Several guns were placed on its body.

“Reactors? I’ve heard of them, but I can’t seem to remember what they do,” claimed Penny.

“Oh you will soon enough, when I end my turn now,” said Ace.

“I draw,” said Norman, “now I summon the Goggle Golem in Attack Mode!” (1500/500)

A brown golem wearing a pair of goggles appeared on the field & pounded its chest. Suddenly, the 2 turbines spun even faster than normal & caused a series of violent winds to blow at Norman himself.

[align=center]

Ace (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 3200)[/align]

“What just happened?” wondered Fuyuki.

“That’s effect of my Summon Reactor AI,” explained Ace, “when the opponent summons a monster in any manner, I can inflict him 800 points of Damage.”

“But that won’t stop me from attacking your Trap Reactor!” said Norman as Goggle Golem charged towards the Magic Reactor, however its attack was blocked out by a wall of wind.

“If you were to invoke the effect of my Summon Reactor, I can negate an attack dealt this turn,” said Ace.

“Hmmm…I set a face-down card & end my turn,” said Norman.

“I draw,” said Ace, “I declare the attack of my Summon Reactor AI now. Turbine Gust!”

The 2 turbines of AI spun rapidly again & attempted to blast Goggle Golem away. However, a vortex suddenly appeared to intercept the attack.

“Too bad that I have played Negate Attack,” said Norman as he showed his foe the card itself.

“But by activating a Trap Card, you have triggered the effect of my Trap Reactor RR, which also deals 800 points of damage when you play a Trap Card,” said Ace as Trap Reactor fired a barrage of bullets at Norman.

[align=center]

Ace (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 2400)[/align]

“I place 2 cards face-down & end my turn,” said Ace calmly.

“I draw,” said Norman, “and I Release my Goggle Golem for the Chthonian Emperor Dragon in Attack Mode!” (2400/1500)

A large serpentine dragon covered in hardened armor appeared from a portal that was the last of Goggle Golem. It had 3 pairs of wings, with the topmost pair as the biggest pair followed the other smaller pairs that were concealed by the large wingspan of the first pair. A yellow core was seen in the middle of its chest. The wind turbines of Summon Reactor AI spun again to hit Norman.

Ace (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 1600)

Ace (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 1600)

“I’m sure you haven’t forgotten about that card just yet,” said Ace, “in case you haven’t noticed yet, you are slowly depleting your own Life Points with every action of yours.”

“Oh my, he’s right!” agreed Fuyuki, “those Reactors are just taking away Norman’s Life Points bit by bit.”

“I activate this card from my hand, Double Summon!” said Norman, “this card allows me to summon another monster to the field.”

“Oh I see, are you planning to build up your defenses or what?” inquired Ace.

“Actually, I plan to summon my Chthonian Emperor Dragon again,” said Norman as the large dragon glowed in a strange colour of eerie green, “now I attack your Trap Reactor RR with Infernal Blaze!”

The Chthonian Emperor Dragon unleashed a stream of flames from its mouth to burn Trap Reactor, but a barrier of wind dissipated the flames.

“Fool, didn’t you forget that my Summon Reactor can just negate the attack,” said Ace.

“Of course I didn’t, my Chthonian Emperor Dragon has a special ability if it were Second Summoned,” said Norman, “the effect varies among Gemini Monsters like how my Goggle Golem would have its Attack being 2100. As for my Dragon, it can attack twice per turn, so attack again with Infernal Blaze!”

Upon the command, the dragon breathed out a second stream of fire. However, there were no obstacles in the way. Thus, the flames quickly burnt Trap Reactor into nothing.

[align=center]

Ace (LP: 2400) Norman (LP: 1600)[/align]

“So you have conquered my Summon Reactor, but that’s not enough,” said Ace, “by destroying Trap Reactor, you have triggered this Trap Card called Chain Reactor!”

The card opened up, showing Kozaky fleeing from an explosion.

“It inflicts 800 points of damage to you & I can draw 1 card too,” said Ace as the ground near Norman imploded & Ace drew a card, Quick Summon.

[align=center]

Ace (LP: 2400) Norman (LP: 800)[/align]

“Next, I activate the Trap Card Counterattack Beacon,” said Ace, “when my monster gets destroyed in battle, I can let another monster that I control gain 500 Attack Points & that monster will counterattack your Dragon. Go, Turbine Gust!” (2000/1400~2500/1400)

Summon Reactor AI then unleashed a series of winds to attack the Emperor Dragon, but the Dragon countered with its own flames. That move was only in vain as the winds forced their way towards the dragon & it was destroyed as easy as that.

Ace (LP: 2400) Norman (LP: 700)

Ace (LP: 2400) Norman (LP: 700)

“I place a face-down & end my turn,” said Norman. (2500/1400~2000/1400)

“This is it, the last turn,” said Ace ash e drew his card, “Summon Reactor, attack him now with Turbine Gust!”

“Oh no, I activate this Trap Card, Magic Cylinder,” said Norman as a pair of cylinders appeared, “you see those 2 tubes there, 1 of them will absorb your attack & come out of the other one to give you damage equal to that monster’s Attack.”

The wind gust entered inside 1 of the 2 tubes & it suddenly burst out of the other one in mere seconds. The winds then hit Ace, who was standing still despite the winds.

[align=center]

Ace (LP: 400) Norman (LP: 700)[/align]

“Are you a zombie or what?” asked Penny, “that didn’t seem to bother you at all.”

“My Psychic power is known as Might of Zephyrus, the power to control wind itself,” explained Ace, “that & being in the military & captain of the Great Rasputin contribute to my resistance to air currents, but don’t the cold winds of the sky feel like blades cutting through your very flesh to you.”

“Anyway, you are cleared of monsters too & your Life Points are low enough for me to win this,” said Norman, “I may just have a chance still.”

“Or will you,” said Ace as the image of Quick Summon appeared, “I use that card to summon the Magic Reactor AID in Attack Mode.” (1200/900)

Suddenly, a robotic dragon appeared on the field. It was apparently floating with an unknown method & a hatch loaded with multiple missiles was placed at the lower parts of its body.

“Oh no, I’ve lost,” muttered Norman as he turned to face his allies, “but kids, don’t let my defeat affect you. You’ve seen his deck & what it could do, so I don’t expect you to lose.”

“And I reckon it’s still my Battle Phase now,” mentioned Ace while Norman gulped, “attack him directly with Missile Barrage!”

Magic Reactor AID let out an electronic roar as it let loose all the missiles in the hatch & fired them all on Norman himself.

Ace (LP: 400) Norman (LP: 0)

Ace (LP: 400) Norman (LP: 0)

After the blast cleared off, Norman laid unconscious on the platform itself as Ace shuffled his deck.

“And I didn’t even need to use my trump card against him,” said Ace, “so who’s next & it’s gotta be one of the 2 guys.”

Suddenly, Ace felt another message from his lord, Liberion, & halted to receive it.

“Ace, you may begin the operation now. We are now at the perfect location,” spoke Liberion in Ace’s mind.

“Understood,” said Ace as he pressed another switch on his Duel Disk.

Down in the main controls room, a crew of 3 masked grunts was manning the Great Rasputin. When the image of Ace appeared, they all stood in attention & fear.

“Yes, Lord Ace!” said the 3 grunts.

“You 3, prepare the Great Rasputin for Air Raid Mode!” ordered Ace, “and let everything fall upon the evil world.”

“Yes, our Lord!” said the 3 grunts as they keyed in the commands.

“Excellent, now that Ace has started off the distraction, my plan can unfold itself even more,” said Liberion on board his own fortress, “how is Hashim’s progress in locating Mr. Ryo Worth?”

“Last time I called him, he was still in the middle of finding him, but he was rather pissed with the job,” said Marin, who was kneeling before him, “but is it wise of you to put Clair on board the Great Rasputin which would be our distraction?”

“It is strategy, my High Knight,” replied Liberion, “I have pulled some strings & purposely allowed those fools to know of Clair’s whereabouts. If the location was close enough, they would most certainly rush there & now they are all set in my trap.”

“Indeed, my Lord,” said Marin, “and what if they succeed in rescuing Clair & surviving the whole ordeal?”

“That’s when you come into the scene & finish the job,” said Liberion.

Summon Reactor AI

DARK/Machine-Effect/LV 5/ATK 2000/DEF 1400

Once per turn, when a monster is Summoned to your opponent's side of the field, you can inflict 800 damage to your opponent. If you do this, you can negate the attack of 1 of your opponent's monsters. By sending 1 each of "Trap Reactor RR", and "Magic Reactor AID" and this card you control to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 "Giant Bomber Airraid" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

Ace: The Card of the Day is…my Summon Reactor AI! Once per turn, I can deal the opponent damage if he were dumb enough to summon a monster to the field, which would be necessary if he don’t want to be attacked directly. By dealing him damage, I can also negate an attack on that turn, effectively protecting my other weaker Reactor monsters. Finally, I can send him & 2 other Reactor monsters to the graveyard in order to call out the big guns, my trump card…

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Fuyuki: So it’s either me or Gethin who have to deal with Ace & his Reactor monsters, who can deal 800 points of damage for any possible move. How can anyone dodge their effects without getting blown up? Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 62-Wrathful Bomber!

Ace: For all our freedoms, the world of evil shall be vanquished under our rage!!!

Awesome Chapter' date=' Norman lost! Looks like one of the good guys has fallen... Although at least not off the ship XD.

Oh, and what was with the bold to normal text change?

Anyway, good job!

[/quote']

it seems that I have mis-highlighted those portions by accident...my bad...ps

[spoiler=Ch 62-Wrathful Bomber]

Down on the streets & roads of Oregeorgia, Charles & Darren were both driving along the roads. However, their journey was cut short due to a car in front of them, which was stuck somehow. The driver, Darren, tapped on his horn to alert the other drivers.

“Yo, move them already!” yelled Darren as he continued honking the wheel.

“Settle down, that would do nothing,” said another driver in a car beside them, “there is a series of accidents downtown & there is like now a emergency blockade throughout the city.”

“That serious!” said Charles, “Rarely must the state government resort to such measures, so what could be causing all this paranoia?”

“You heard of that giant blimp that’s been flying around Oregeorgia for some time,” said the driver, “it is now dropping pieces of itself to the ground & several cars had been damaged badly because of that.”

“I see,” said Charles before his phone rang, “oh, it’s Teong…”

Back on top of the Great Rasputin, the gang was still in a fix of sending who to duel with Ace. After seeing his Reactor Deck, it was clear that he was no pushover & so were his cards.

“Very well, I’ll go,” said Fuyuki as he stepped forward to face Ace, “I’ll duel you & beat you.”

“Then I suggest we begin before this whole thing falls apart,” said Ace.

“What do you mean by the blimp falling apart?” wondered Gethin, “you couldn’t be serious about it!”

“I have just initiated Air Raid Mode, in which the Great Rasputin will slowly detach itself bit by bit to the city below,” explained Ace, “in about an hour’s time, the whole ship will be scrapped apart & I shall take Ms Clair to the main controls room where it will become an independent flight vehicle.”

“But if all…this falls…the whole city will…be destroyed…” muttered Norman as Penny & Gethin held on his body.

“Then let’s go! There’s no way I’m letting you & your cohorts crush the city!” snapped Fuyuki as he activated his Duel Disk.

Ace (LP: 4000) Fuyuki (LP: 4000)

Ace (LP: 4000) Fuyuki (LP: 4000)

“The captain of this vessel chooses who goes first & I choose myself!” said Ace as he drew, “and I summon the Mystic Tomato in Attack Mode!” (1400/1100)

An oversized fiendish-looking tomato appeared & crouched on the spot.

“I add 2 face-down cards to the field & end my turn,” said Ace.

“I draw,” said Fuyuki, “I know that your little Tomato here lets you summon a DARK Monster if I manage to destroy it, but that effect only allies if it was sent to the graveyard. Therefore, I summon the Banisher of the Radiance in Attack Mode.” (1600/0)

Out of a portal of blinding light, a floating white creature appeared on the field. There was a cluster of crystals placed on its chest.

“Ah, I know of that monster; it can send every card that are supposed to go to the graveyard retreat out of the very game itself,” said Ace, “but I activate my Trap Card, Zero Gazer! This reduces my Mystic Tomato’s Attack down to 0.” (1400/1100~0/1100)

“Quite a crazy move, but I still attack your Tomato with Crystalline Radiance!” said Fuyuki as light rays shot out of its chest & hit Mystic Tomato.

Ace (LP: 2400) Fuyuki (LP: 4000)

Ace (LP: 2400) Fuyuki (LP: 4000)

“If he needs to win, he has to take him out before he could gather all 3 Reactors onto his field,” said Gethin, “somewhere in Ace’s lies a monster whose power is more than all 3 Reactors.”

“No, there must be another plan to it,” claimed Penny as she watched the duel, “no one would be foolish enough to lower their monster’s attack like that.”

“Now, I can draw a new card thanks to Zero Gazer,” said Ace as he drew the card, “and I activate Damage Condenser! This card needs me to discard a card, but allows me to Special Summon 1 monster from my deck. Therefore, with 1600 of damage being dealt, I can summon the Magic Reactor AID who has 1200 Attack Points.” (1200/900)

A cylindrical machine appeared & it opened up to reveal the dragon-like machine & it roared.

“That doesn’t scare me, I play Mist Body to protect my Banisher from destruction,” said Fuyuki.

As he slid the card in, mist began to cover Banisher of the Radiance, leaving only the glowing crystals on its chest to be seen by eye. Suddenly, the missile hatch fired a barrage towards the Banisher & in seconds, the mist cloak was all but gone.

Ace (LP: 2400) Fuyuki (LP: 3200)

Ace (LP: 2400) Fuyuki (LP: 3200)

“Like its counterparts, my Magic Reactor’s effect is triggered when you activate a Spell Card,” said Ace, “that particular card will be destroyed & you know the rest of the story.”

“I end my turn,” said Fuyuki.

“I draw,” said Ace, “I switch my Magic Reactor to Defense Mode & summon my Trap Reactor RR to the field in Defense Mode.” (800/1800)

The plane-like robot appeared & folded its wings in defense. Also, Magic Reactor bent down to curl itself defensively.

“Now I set 1 face-down & end my turn,” said Ace.

“Draw,” said Fuyuki, “I will now attack Magic Reactor AID with Crystalline Radiance!”

A blast of light shot out of the Banisher’s chest & hit the Magic Reactor, causing an explosion. However, as the smoke cleared off, it was shown that the Magic Reactor AID was safe & sound & Summon Reactor AI was seen beside it. (2000/1400)

“Magic Reactor AID wasn’t destroyed, but how?” wondered Penny.

“But then again, how did Summon Reactor AI come to the scene?” asked Gethin.

“When that fool attacked me, I activated Fake Explosion Penta,” said Ace, “for this turn, my monster will not be destroyed in battle & I may Special Summon a Level 5 Monster from my hand like Summon Reactor AI.”

“Oh my, he has assembled all 3 Reactors to the field!” exclaimed Penny, “now if Fuyuki does nothing, those Reactors will clean him out good.”

“But if he does play a card of type in any way, he will only hurt himself more,” mentioned Gethin.

“I end my turn,” said Fuyuki, who was somewhat unsettled in his speech.

“It would seem to me that the very presence of my 3 Reactors are causing you to shudder in fear,” said Ace as he drew his card, “but here’s where it all ends! I activate the last effect of my Summon Reactor AI! By sending it along with both the Trap & Magic Reactors to the graveyard, I can Special Summon my Ace Monster to the field!”

The 3 Reactor monsters became 3 beams of light, with each colour representing the primary colours or red, blue & yellow. They then merged together as a powerful beam of white light that shone over the entire field. As Clair & several others could see, the shadowed form of a new monster was seen amidst the light. Clair could only remember the same silhouette to be belonging to a monster that was only too familiar.

“It couldn’t be…could he be summoning…” thought Clair.

“Appear now, Giant Bomber Airraid!!” cried Ace as the light dimmed down to reveal the features of his new monster.

At first sight, it could be seen as a gigantic creature bearing likeness to a military aircraft. It had a pair of robotic arms & legs. Between its 2 legs was a compartment where in 4 missiles were planted there. The guns positioned in various points of its massive body moved into a position aiming at Fuyuki himself. The 2 large turbines on the ‘wings’ started to spin & carried the monster upwards. (3000/2500)

“You are now standing before the very force of destruction itself!” said Ace, “and I now invoke its power! By discarding a card from my hand, I can destroy 1 card you control. Now’s the time to banish your Banisher! Death Drop!”

Ace discarded his card & a missile placed in Airraid’s abdomen launched itself to blow up Banisher of the Radiance. Soon, it was gone forever.

“I now attack you directly with Giant Bomber Airraid! Sharp Shooting!” commanded Ace as the guns shot out a barrage of bullets at Fuyuki.

“Oh no you don’t, I activate the Trap Card called Macro Cosmos!” said Fuyuki as the scene is suddenly transported to the voids of null space.

“So how will you benefit from a card that removes every card sent to the graveyard from play?” questioned Ace?

“This card has a second effect, which allows me to summon Helios-the Primordial Sun & she’ll be in Defense Mode for this case,” said Fuyuki. (?/?~400/400)

The feminine form with the sun-like head appeared in the middle of the bullet barrage & was immediately put down by the attack.

“That was a close call,” said Penny, “if that attack was successful, then when Fuyuki will be struggling.”

“And I’ll lose…” continued Fuyuki, “but I was lucky to have set that card just in case, but was afraid that your Trap Reactor will destroy it. Since it’s no longer a threat, it was safe to play it.”

“You have underestimated me & my monster, so let me do a show-and-tell about this card,” said Ace, “Giant Bomber Airraid is a Level 8 Machine-Type WIND Monster. Besides its destruction effect that we’ve just taken witness to, it has another effect. Once during your turn, whenever you Normal Summon or Special Summon or even Set a card, that card will be destroyed & you are dealt 800 points of Damage.”

“Ok, that’s not good either,” remarked Gethin, “I take that back.”

“Indeed it’s not,” agreed Ace, “I end my turn now.”

“Draw,” said Fuyuki.

“You better have something good in your hand, otherwise you are going to get blown sky-high along with that albino friend of yours,” said Ace.

“I summon the D.D. Scout Plane in Defense Mode!” said Fuyuki as a spherical machine with 2 arm-like appendages appeared out of a portal. (800/1200)

“If you are thinking of using him as your wall against the onslaught of Airraid, then I shall deny you of your shield!” said Ace, “Giant Bomber Airraid, Death Drop!”

Another missile then fired from Airraid & blew up D.D. Scout Plane into pieces that flew into the null voids of Macro Cosmos. The explosion also caused Fuyuki some damage too.

[align=center]

Ace (LP: 2400) Fuyuki (LP: 2400)[/align]

“Now I set 2 face-down cards & end my turn,” said Fuyuki.

“Oh no! He’s a goner for sure now!” exclaimed Gethin, “guess it’s up to me again to save the day…”

“Hold it there,” said Norman as he painfully tried to stand upright, “Fuyuki there knows what he’s doing. By summoning a monster first, he allowed the monster to be destroyed so that he may safely place those face-down cards on the field.”

“So those face-down cards may be a game-breaking card like Mirror Force or Magic Cylinder…” said Penny.

“Exactly, Ace needs to carefully interpret his opponent’s very thoughts in order to make a choice in between destroying monsters or set cards for they may be his undoing,” explained Norman, “furthermore, there’s still D.D. Scout Plane’s special ability…”

“What special ability?” wondered Gethin.

“Good that someone actually brought that issue up,” said Fuyuki, “if my D.D. Scout Plane were to be removed from play, something Macro Cosmos have ensured of, I can Special Summon him during my End Phase.” (800/1200)

The spherical probe-type machine reappeared from a small portal & used its arm-like appendages to shield itself.

“And as long as Macro Cosmos is on the field, D.D. Scout Plane can become an unstoppable wall,” said Gethin.

“I draw,” said Ace.

“Hmm…my foe now has 4 cards on his side of the field while I have 2 cards in my hand. Therefore, I can only use Airraid’s Death Drop to destroy either 1 of them, but which card should I destroy now…” thought Ace, “Macro Cosmos could prove to be a threat if I keep it on the field, but those face-down cards still worry me a lot…so I should…Wait! Could he be trying to reduce my hand size as I discard cards to use Airraid’s ability? But what if that was just a ploy to intimidate me & those face-downs were merely a bluff to fool me around? If so, I must…end this duel quickly & take a chance at it!”

“I won’t fall for your tricks, boy! I discard a card to destroy your D.D. Scout Plane! Death Drop!” cried Ace as he discarded another card & another volley of missiles was launched towards D.D. Scout Plane. As Fuyuki saw that, he let out a smirk on his face.

“But you actually fell for it instead! Activate Trap Card, Remote Revenge!” called Fuyuki, “this card activates only when you use an effect that will destroy a monster I control & redirects that specific card effect to 1 of your monsters.”

“And with only monster on his side of the field, Airraid is going out & gone,” said Gethin.

“Ok, he may not be using the card I expected him to be using, but that will do nicely too,” said Penny, “get him good, Fuyuki!”

Just as the missiles approached D.D. Scout Plane, they changed course at last minute & rapidly aimed back at their source, Giant Bomber Airraid. Soon, the missiles hit the great Machine & it slowly lost altitude & fell down. Its fall then caused a great explosion in the area, covering the whole field.

Back at the sky fortress, both Marin & Liberion were watching the duel from a screen. As they saw Giant Bomber Airraid being destroyed by its effect turned against it, Marin let out a sigh.

“Guess I will be out for a while then,” said Marin as he left the room & into a hallway.

As Marin strolled along the hallway, he saw Lunette walking opposite of him. Her head was facing the ground & her hands were cupped together, as though she were in a perpetual state of fear & shyness.

“Lunette, how is Arcadius to you so far?” asked Marin, who sounded warm & caring towards Lunette.

“Well…Sir Marin…I…I…I think…that…eh,” stuttered Lunette.

“It seems to me that you keep doubting your own strengths,” said Marin, “trust in yourself & all that is Lunette Defleto, all will go well. Also, I believe I have failed to produce a birthday present for you last year, so treat this as compensation.”

Marin took a deck of cards from his side pocket & gave it to Lunette. Lunette then went on to see some of the cards, which included a Skull Servant.

“Don’t underestimate this deck just because there is a weak vanilla monster,” said Marin, “every card in the game has their use in a way & it was this deck that defeated Clair Kinet, daughter of the current Overmind. May this deck aid you to regain your courage & confidence.”

After saying that heartfelt speech, Marin continued to walk off, leaving Lunette alone with the Skull Servant Deck that he left behind. A small smile was seen on Lunette’s face as she hugged the deck.

“Thanks, Uncle Marin,” said Lunette.

Meanwhile, back at the streets, Charles was still talking to Teong, who was on the phone.

“What! Are you certain?” exclaimed Charles.

“Yes, sir. That blimp we all saw on the news is the Great Rasputin, a Psychic aircraft,” said Teong, “and it is apparently here on Liberion’s orders.”

With that, Charles hung up on the phone & looked at Darren with a face full of horror.

“What’s wrong, brother?” asked Darren, “how was the call?”

“Our worst fears…are now coming true…for real...” muttered Charles, “no trick…no guesswork…no illusions…and it’s all our fault for provoking them…beings with concepts we do not understand…”

“Brother, snap out of it! Come back to earth!” said Darren desperately.

“The war…that between humans & Psychics…the real one…it is starting now…” revealed Charles, “and this time…we are the startled lot…not them…they desire vengeance above all…”

As the explosion cleared away, the normally calm Ace was seen silently weeping away with a drop of his tears dripping down his face.

“Huh? Is he crying?” pointed Penny.

“No way, he’s well-known throughout Arcadius as a stern & cold-hearted individual. He’ll never cry under any circumstance,” said Gethin.

“Hey, is there a problem here?” asked Fuyuki.

“My problem…it’s about the past…something that I once did…an action of shame that continues to haunt me to this day…” revealed Ace, “I was once a member of the African Sosialis Federation, believing that I could aid my people by joining the establishment. But how wrong I was when I realised that the corruption within the Federation was too strong.”

“What kind of government does that federation run on?” wondered Penny.

“It should be Communism, since their Director was a member of the former Malaysian Communist Party that terrorized the strongly-democratic SEAU,” guessed Norman.

“Once, I was ordered by the Director personally to kill off 60% of my own countrymen in Ethiopia. I asked him why & he told me that the Ethiopians were resisting his control & right to rule. Thus, he used this to make them an example to all resistances,” accounted Ace, “but I just couldn’t bear to slay my fellow countrymen, so I used guns loaded with blanks to seemingly kill them while secretly escorting them away to a safe ground. However, the Director himself soon found out & had me hunted down for treason. I was on the run when I met the man who would change my world forever…”

Ace was attired in a military camouflage outfit as he dashed through the jungles of the Congo. His only other defense was a rifle that he grabbed hold to with his dear life. However, other African soldiers soon surrounded him & pointed their guns at him. A commanding officer among the platoon of soldiers lowered his weapon to smirk at Ace.

“This is the fate of all who resist the will of the Director & those who threat the name of Communism like our neighboring regions,” said the commander, “oh well, it was nice to have known you. Now, die…”

However, his talk was cut short as an unseen force pushed him to crash onto another soldier next to him. Everyone there was stumped by such a move. From the bushes, both Marin & the armored Liberion revealed themselves to the crowd.

“Who are you?” demanded the commander.

“Something that your government deemed as a threat,” answered Liberion.

“Shoot them all! Leave none alive!” yelled the commander as all the soldiers fired their guns on them.

“Seek protection, Your Majesty!” cried Marin as he swiftly lunged himself at the soldiers & slashed them one by one with a brilliant combination of swordplay & Psychic abilities, leaving only the commander alive after the killings, “the fate of this fool rests in your hands, my Lord.”

Liberion was utterly silent, but he approached the frightened commander & grabbed him by his neck. Suddenly, parts of the commander’s body were engulfed in flames & burnt him alive. Then, he flung him far away, causing him to disperse into ashes.

“So death awaits him from the start,” remarked Marin.

Ace had witnessed the whole incident & was both fearful & amazed by their powers. His emotions only soared higher as Liberion turned to face him.

“There is no doubt about it, you are indeed a Psychic like us,” said Liberion.

“Pardon me, but what did you mean?” asked Ace politely.

“To be more precise, I’m saying that you have immerse power flowing in your veins & you need not serve those brutal tyrants who cared not for others,” said Liberion, “I am building a force to retake the world as we are the rightful leaders of the world & I wish to take you in under my wing.”

“But why should I join you?” asked Ace, “I have seen that once & won’t fall for it again.”

“You seem to learn from mistakes, a most excellent quality in my book, but I can guarantee something the Sosialis Federation could never afford…the safety of your people & all the African commoners,” said Liberion.

“And with that said, I agreed to join Lord Liberion’s cause,” said Ace as he wiped off his tears, “and for the sake of everyone’s freedom & liberty, I shall fight till the bitter most end! I play the Card of Variation! This card can only work if it were the only card in my hand when my field is empty & it lets me draw a number of cards equal to the number of face-up cards that you possess, which is 2.”

With that, Ace quickly drew the 2 cards & grinned as he saw them.

“I may just have a chance now. I activate the Card of Demise!” said Ace as he quickly drew 4 more cards to his hand.

“But you have to discard them in 5 turns’ times,” noted Gethin.

“So what when I have all it takes to beat you!” said Ace, “let’s begin this as I play Burial from a Different Dimension to return Trap Reactor RR which is removed from play back into my graveyard.”

“Hmmm…he’s planning something alright,” said Norman as he carefully watched the duel.

“Now, I summon Black Bomber in Attack Mode!” (100/100) said Ace as a black bomb with a vile smiling face appeared & chuckled wildly.

“Now I understand!” said Norman, “Black Bomber possess the effect to summon a Level 4 DARK Machine-type monster from the graveyard in Defense Mode when it is Normal Summoned & that’s a Tuner if I’mnot mistaken.”

“Absolutely correct, I use Black Bomber’s effect to summon Trap Reactor RR to the field!” said Ace.

Black Bomber spit out 4 smaller bombs that also exploded & Trap Reactor RR came out of the explosion. (800/1800)

“Now I Tune Trap Reactor RR into my Black Bomber!” cried Ace, “The lament of sorrow echoes through here! Hammer of wrath, shatter all wickedness within existence! Synchro Summon! Show yourself, Dark Dive Bomber!” (2600/1800)

Black Bomber condensed into 3 rings of light that coursed through Trap Reactor, which also dissolved into 4 orbs. Suddenly, a line cut through them & a great beam of light was formed. It revealed something like a transformable aircraft that seemed robotic.

“Now I play Double Summon so that I may summon Fusilier Dragon, the Dual-Mode Beast!” said Ace as a red-plated hybrid between an armored tank & a dragon appeared & roared. (2800/2000)

“But that should be a Level 7 & how did he summon that thing so easy?” exclaimed Penny.

“I may be able to summon him without the need of Release, but if I have to summon him like this, then its stats are halved,” (2800/2000~1400/1000) said Ace, “Fusilier Dragon, attack that probe with Dual Fusilier Shot!”

Fusilier Dragon roared as its cannons fired a blast that completely crushed D.D. Scout Plane.

“So what, he will just come back by the End Phase,” said Gethin.

“If he can survive until then, that is,” said Ace, “Dark Dive Bomber, attack him directly with Dive Bombardment!”

“I activate the Trap Card, Negate Attack,” said Fuyuki, “so much for winning the duel.”

Several missiles were launched from the compartments within Dark Dive Bomber’s body & moved in onto Fuyuki. However, an energy barrier blocked out the barrage, saving Fuyuki from his early defeat.

“Phew, that was close,” said Gethin, “this duel is actually quite intense.”

“Fine if you managed to weasel your way out of my air raid, I still can use Dark Dive Bomber’s effect,” said Ace, “by Releasing a monster other than itself, my Bomber can inflict you damage equaling to the Released monster’s Level x 200.”

Fusilier Dragon then vanished into grains of light as Dark Dive Bomber released 7 missiles from its compartment to fire at Fuyuki.

Ace (LP: 2400) Fuyuki (LP: 1000)

Ace (LP: 2400) Fuyuki (LP: 1000)

“I set 1 face-down & end my turn,” said Ace as he slid in Metal Reflect Slime.

“All I need to do is to activate that card & with its high Defense & Level, I will win this duel for sure,” thought Ace as he chuckled.

“Since it’s your End Phase now, I can Special Summon my D.D. Scout Plane in Defense Mode,” said Fuyuki as the probe reappeared again.

“I should’ve just destroyed Macro Cosmos instead when I had the chance,” said Ace.

“I draw,” said Fuyuki as he his card, “let’s end this now! I play Remove Bomb! This card removes the top 5 cards of my deck & you take 300 points of damage for every monster amongst them.”

Fuyuki quickly revealed the 5 cards as Cyber Valley, Planet Alignment, Cyber Ouroborus, Skull Lair & Breaker the Magical Warrior. Suddenly, 3 small explosions occurred near Ace.

Ace (LP: 1500) Fuyuki (LP: 1000)

Ace (LP: 1500) Fuyuki (LP: 1000)

“Now that my Cyber Ouroboros has been removed from play, I can discard a card to draw a new one from my deck,” continued Fuyuki as he discarded a card & drew out a new one, the Golden Homunculus.

“Thank you, my friend,” thought Fuyuki.

“I Release D.D. Scout Plane to Advance Summon the Golden Homunculus in Attack Mode!” said Fuyuki as the probe vanished into a portal where in a giant golem seemingly composed of golden minerals appeared. (1500/1500)

“But for a Level 6 monster, he has quite low of an Attack score,” remarked Gethin.

“But its effect compensates that weakness for it gains 300 points for every one of my cards that is removed from play & with 10 of them, its attack is tripled,” said Fuyuki. (1500/1500~4500/4500)

“But that’s enough to…” hollered Ace.

“Finish you off, that I know. Golden Homunculus, end this duel once & for all with Golden Harvest!” commanded Fuyuki as the golden golem fired a barrage of golden stone shards at Dark Dive Bomber, immediately destroying it.

Ace (LP: 0) Fuyuki (LP: 1000)

Ace (LP: 0) Fuyuki (LP: 1000)

As the blast cleared away, the infinite voids of empty space had changed back to the sky of Oregeoria where they supposedly at all this time.

“Now Fuyuki, is it,” said Ace as he recovered from the final hit, “you have defeated me fair & square & in a most amazing duel that I shall never forget. As such, I shall leave it all to Her Highness to decide.”

Ace knelt before Clair & removed the cloth of her straitjacket that was to gag her.

“Your Highness, what is your decision?” pleaded Ace, “would you come with me or reunite with those who proclaimed themselves as your comrades?”

“Ace, they are my friends who are true to me by the bond of friendship, unlike your relation with my father, which was one purely out of loyalty,” said Clair, “I have chosen to go with them & you should come…ah!”

Suddenly, the entire aircraft rocked violently. As the ship swayed, the containment unit slid down towards the ground. Seeign this, Ace grew rather distressed.

“Your Highness!” cried Ace as he waved his hand & his eyes glowed.

A wind current then blew Clair from the heavy falling unit & into Ace’s arms.

“Thanks, Ace,” said Clair.

“Don’t mention it, Your Highness,” said Ace.

Meanwhile, back on the streets where Charles & Darren were, Darren was on his knees as he cried dreadfully over the tragedy that befell his car, which was crushed by a dome-shaped containment unit. Charles was patting on his brother’s back as he lent him the shoulder to cry on, in hs vain attempt to cheer his brother up & much to his dislike.

“My car…my baby…all gone…” cried Darren.

“There, there, at least you have insurance covered for you…” said Charles, “did you?”

“Well…that’s what I was going to do today…I get no insurance for it!” cried Darren as he banged his fist on the ground.

“Hope that teaches you on doing things at the eleventh hour,” lectured Charles.

As Gethin took a small peep at the ship, he saw a frightening sight down at the hull.

“Oh no! The hull’s falling in pieces!” yelled Gethin loudly.

“Of course, I told you already,” said Ace.

“No, it’s much worse! There’s barely anything left to cover the thing!” cried Gethin, “we are all doomed & falling fast!”

“But it’s not an hour yet. This thing exceeds your figures,” remarked Penny.

“We can’t reach the main controls room on time, so there’s only thing to be done now,” said Ace as he used his powers to hurl Clair to land near Norman, “take Her Highness & yourselves to safety while I try to lift this thing to stall!”

“But nobody is left behind, just come with us!” cried Clair.

“No, someone must be up here to stop the disaster,” said Ace, “if you believe that humans could peacefully co-exist with Psychics, then I shall grant you the chance & stop the disaster! Now go!”

With that line said, he used his powers to send everyone else there flying into the sky. Now facing his current problem in the crumbling remains of the Great Rasputin, Ace’s eyes glowed as he spread his arms wide apart. The Great Rasputin slowly lost speed as strong winds were pushing it upwards, keeping it in a near-freeze state as piece by piece slowly broke off.

Clair & her friends were still tumbling down the sky. As they reached nearer to the ground of a mostly deserted road, a tornado was formed at their landing point to keep airborne until they could safely land without injuries. Following that, everyone was apparently safe & sound.

“So everyone’s all alright no…ouch!” said Gethin relaxingly before he let out a cry of pain, “I think my leg’s…hurt.”

“But at least we are all still living & standing,” said Clair.

“Just ripe for me to harvest them into the clutches of my Lordship,” said another familiar voice.

As everyone turned to face a nearby building, Marin, who donned a blue suit that was accented with yellow stripes, was staring down at them. Among them all, this staring showdown was between Marin & Clair, whose eyes flared with burning rage at the other.

Remove Bomb

Normal Spell

Remove from play the top 5 cards of your Deck. If there was a Monster Card(s) among them, inflict 300 points of damage to your opponent for each Monster Card removed from play.

Fuyuki: The Card for the Day is my…or rather Marco’s Remove Bomb Spell Card! I can remove the top 5 cards in my deck from play & if there’s any monster amongst them, I get to inflict 300 points of damage to the opponent. I once recalled that when I was still on the run with Marco, he gave me this card along with Cyber Valley & Cyber Ouroboros as a token of our friendship & since then, those 3 cards have served me well.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Clair: As I have been freed from my capture by my friends & currently safe thanks to Ace, we have crossed paths with Marin, High Knight of the Holy Arcadius Empire. It would seem that he had been expecting us all along & it’s high time that I must duel against the one man that I ever lost to for a rematch. Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 63-Dutybound! Game on, High Knight!!

Archived