Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind (FINISHED)

Wyhe

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear god... another showdown

and Marin has a cousin in the Organization. and i hope Ace survived

actually it was a niece as Lunette addressed Marin as an uncle

whenther Ace will survive or not remains to be seen...

I see that makes it even more interesting, that means marin has siblings

[spoiler=Ch 63-Dutybound]

Inside the infamous bar dubbed as “The Antique Joint” where chaos was rife, the bartender was in the process of throwing out a group of troublemakers there who got into some sort of fight. Among them was Ryo Worth, who was bruised in his face & clothes were torn. A gangster who was also thrown out stood up & grabbed Ryo tightly.

“It’s all your fault, loser!” yelled the gangster, “I’ve seen you duel & bet on you! You should’ve won & get lots of cash, but no! You lost & now you got my whole gang thrown out & blacklisted!”

“Cut the small talk & let’s continuing beating him to a pulp,” suggested another gangster.

“I couldn’t agree more,” said the first gangster as he raised his fist, ready to punch Ryo.

However, the ground suddenly rocked violently & the gangster lost his balance & fell down. Ryo took this weird chance to run off, but during his escape, a hand grabbed hold of him. As Ryo turned to see the man who grabbed him, it was Hashim draped in his usual outfit with a brownish cloak covering his head.

“Ryo Worth, I assume?” said Hashim, “what a pathetic infidel compared to that bold face I saw on TV! Oh, how the mighty had fallen…”

“Yah, and we will rid the world of this disgrace if you just hand him to us,” said the gangster.

“I would…it’s so tempting…” said Hashim, whose words caused Ryo to shudder in fear, “but my Lord needs him, he still has his uses.”

“What! Nobody denies Big Tony & gets away with it, you filthy Arab!” yelled the second gangster.

“Now, now, let us settle this like civilized beings although you 2 may not be so,” said Hashim, “and I suggest a duel.”

“Ha, you’re asking for it! I, Big Tony, am 1 of the best duelist in these here parts! Only that Dox Crowler & Matt Tucker have ever beaten me!” boasted Big Tony as he pulled out a Due Disk from the ground, “so prepare to meet that non-existent Allah that your kind speak of.”

“Please, my belief is beyond that my race has enforced…for I follow the will of Mana!” proclaimed Hashim as he activated his own Duel Disk.

“Mana? Is he one of those Arcadius people?” thought Ryo as he heard the proclamation.

“Now let’s see how this new deck work out for me?” thought Hashim, “I could barely contain myself.”

Hashim (LP: 4000) Big Tony (LP: 4000)

Hashim (LP: 4000) Big Tony (LP: 4000)

“My turf, my move!” said Big Tony as he drew, “I summon the Venom Cobra in Attack Mode.” (100/2000)

An armored cobra with a cream-coloured covering & red underside appeared on the field, it snarled at Ryo when it saw him hiding behind Hashim.

“So you are putting a defensive monster in Attack Mode, you must not know the game well,” remarked Hashim.

“I know what I’m doing here, especially when I use Ultra Evolution Pill & with my snake as a Release for it,” said Big Tony as the armored cobra vanished in a portal & a cybernetic dinosaur came out, “meet my Super Conductor Tyranno.” (3300/1400)

“I’m familiar with this monster,” said Hashim, “by Releasing 1 monster, you can give me some serious damage of 1000 Life Points here.”

“But first, I play the Spell Card Meteor of Destruction!” said Big Tony as a meteor from the sky crashed onto Hashim.

Hashim (LP: 3000) Big Tony (LP: 4000)

Hashim (LP: 3000) Big Tony (LP: 4000)

“So you managed to damage me, but that changes nothing about your defeat,” said Hashim calmly.

“But that’s not all yet! I Special Summon Gilasaurus in Attack Mode,” said Big Tony as a small brown dinosaur appeared. (1400/400)

“Usually, I could summon a monster from my graveyard, but as there’s none, ‘tis a shame indeed,” lamented Hashim.

“And now, I Release my Gilasaurus to further damage you!” said Big Tony as Gilasaurus vanished into light grains & Super Conductor Tyranno fired an electrical blast from its mouth.

Hashim (LP: 2000) Big Tony (LP: 4000)

Hashim (LP: 2000) Big Tony (LP: 4000)

“Finally, I set 1 card face-down & end my turn,” said Big Tony.

“Hm…this should be easy, my face-down is Ring of Destruction, so when his turn comes, its boom!” thought Big Tony, “even by some miracle that he avoided that fate, I can use this Brain Control card in my hand & take his monster for my use. I’m guaranteed to win now!”

“I draw,” said Hashim as he scanned his hand, “it would seem that this duel’s fate is sealed in stone.”

“Yah, and I will be the victor here,” said Big Tony, “I activate the Ring of Destruction! It destroys a monster on the field & we both take Damage equal to its Attack! So bye-bye, my Super Conductor Tyranno!”

“Hurray! Big Tony’s gonna win this loser!” rejoiced the second gangster.

“I activate Trap Booster in response & it allows me to activate a Trap from my hand by discarding a card,” said Hashim as he discarded Fossil Tusker & a Trap Card appeared on the field, “this is the Trap Card known as Malfunction, a card that puts your Trap Card back to face-down position at the cost of 500 Life Points.”

Hashim (LP: 1500) Big Tony (LP: 4000)

Hashim (LP: 1500) Big Tony (LP: 4000)

The grenade-stubbed ring appeared around Super Conductor Tyranno’s neck & was about to explode. However, it sparked a little before it disappeared & a face-down card appeared.

“According to the game, one cannot activate a Trap Card on the turn it is Set,” said Hashim, “so I have only 1 turn to win, which I can do now. I play Fossil Hammer to destroy your dinosaur here.”

A crude form of a fist made of stone appeared & smashed Super Conductor Tyranno into dust.

“But there is a good news to it; you can summon a monster from your graveyard as long its Level is lower than the one I had to destroy earlier on,” said Hashim.

“Then I summon my Venom Cobra in Defense Mode,” said Big Tony as the cobra appeared & quickly curled itself up. (100/2000)

“This is it! I play the Spell Card, Fossil Fusion!” hollered Hashim, “by removing Fusion Material Monster in both our graveyards from play, I can Summon a Fossil Fusion monster from my Extra Deck! Therefore, I fuse your Super Conductor Tyranno & my own Fossil Tusker into…your doom!”

The ground shook as a bony mammoth-like creature rose from the ground beside Hashim, while the complete of a dinosaur appeared beside Big Tony before it converted into a stream of light that surrounded Fossil Tusker. As the light died down, it revealed a large skeletal dinosaur. (3500/0)

“Meet my Fossil Dragon Skullgios & I equip it with the Equip Spell Card called Junk Barrage,” said Hashim as the fossilized dinosaur glowed yellow, “now attack that sitting duck of a snake!”

Skullgios stomped towards Venom Cobra.

“Unless your bag ‘o bones have some manner of a piercing ability, it couldn’t touch my Life Points,” goaded Big Tony.

“Actually, it does have that effect…and something else too,” said Hashim, “when it attacks an opponent’s monster, I can choose whether its stats should switch or not, and it is yes for this occasion.” (100/2000~2000/100)

Skullgios then quickly crunched on Venom Cobra, thus destroying it.

Hashim (LP: 1500) Big Tony (LP: 600)

Hashim (LP: 1500) Big Tony (LP: 600)

“So what, I still have some Life Points left here…” said Big Tony, “…and in my…next turn…I’ll get you…”

“Hate to break this to you, but when a monster equipped with Junk Barrage destroys a monster in battle, the opponent takes Damage…equal to the attack during that time,” said Hashim as a yellow blast shout out of the card & right at Big Tony.

Hashim (LP: 1500) Big Tony (LP: 0)

Hashim (LP: 1500) Big Tony (LP: 0)

As the attack hit, Big Tony collapsed soon. His accomplice then grew frightened & dragged his boss away into the alleys.

“Thank you, whoever you are. You’ve saved me from those thugs,” said Ryo.

“I would’ve handed you to them if it weren’t upon my Lord’s demand to meet you,” said Hashim.

“You must be from Arcadius, right?” said Ryo, “I will go with you to see this so-called ‘Liberion’.”

“Yah, but be more respectful when you see him in person,” warned Hashim.

In the unknown street where Clair & company were dropped at after the whole incident in the Great Rasputin, they came to face Marin, who was looking down on them. Suddenly, Marin took a step forward & floated his way down to the ground. In no time did he land safely on the ground & he grinned at them.

“So I guess that you all have escaped the Great Rasputin,” said Marin, “the Mad Monk possesses a power called the ‘Omega Sight’, a precognition ability & his variation was activated through dreams. It was that power that allowed him to be aware of the Great Rasputin & requested the then-Overmind Imperius to construct it, even though he himself was ignorant of its purpose. Sadly, Rasputin was never good with figures & must have miscalculated them when he was asked about architectural data from the Construction Department.”

“You mean you commissioned it to fly even you knew that it was unstable!” exclaimed Norman.

“If needed, it would used in a kamikaze attack,” said Marin coldly, “don’t blame Ace for he also knows nothing about it. But now he’s struggling as the Great Rasputin falls bit by bit. He should let go before his power overtax his heart, there is always a limit to our usage. Fools who would use their powers rampantly will only be destroyed by their own power in the end.”

“What! I won’t let you send him to his doom! He’s saving all those innocent people on the streets and…” snapped Penny.

“People whom he doesn’t know, people who likely won’t repay his kindness or even feel grateful in the slightest for, those are the type of people who roamed the world today,” said Marin, “according to legend, the world was once contaminated with wickedness following the End of the Golden Ages. St Noah, a powerful Psychic bearing the ‘Judgment of Poseidon’, used his powers to rid the world of impurities with a giant flood. They are not worth risking one’s life to save; they should just perish under the Great Rasputin.”

“Shut up!” yelled Clair, “Let’s have a duel again to decide the fate of this crisis!”

“Seeing as how I had defeated you previously, it is only naturally that you must regain your honor by defeating me,” said Marin calmly, “isn’t that correct, our former Duel Queen?”

“Right now, I couldn’t care less for some stupid title especially when the world is at stake here!” snapped Clair.

“Whatever you say, but the duel is the main game here,” said Marin as he magically produced a Duel Disk in his arm, “but what about yours?”

“I have kept my deck inside that stuffy jacket while I was captured,” revelaed Clair as she took out the deck, “now, all I need is a Duel Disk…”

“Here, take it,” said Penny as she attached her Duel Disk to Clair’s arm.

“Now I’m ready,” said Clair as she loaded in her deck.

“And we are now set,” said Marin as both of them drew out their respective opening hands.

“And duel!!” shouted everyone simultaneously.

Marin (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

Marin (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

“Child, you may take the first move,” said Marin.

“I draw then,” said Clair, “I play Psi-Station now!”

A platform with 4 towering pillars sparkling with high voltages of electricity appeared.

“Now I summon Krebons in Defense Mode!” (1200/400) said Clair.

A cybernetic jester in an outfit similar to electronic circuitry appeared & let out a weird cackle.

“When a Psychic monster has been Normal Summoned, I can use Ps-Station’s effect & give it 300 Attack Points & a new Level at the cost of 500 Life Points,” said Clair. (1200/400~1500/400, LV: 2~3)

[align=center]

Marin (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3500)[/align]

“To top things off, I set 1 face-down & that’s it,” said Clair.

“How amusing, I draw,” said Marin, “I summon my Lancer Dragonute in Attack Mode!” (1500/1800)

A pale green dragon with a sharp spear in the grip of its arms appeared on the field & roared at Clair.

“Doesn’t that thing inflict piercing damage to an opponent?” wondered Fuyuki.

“Of course, making him the finest attacker as it takes down that thing of yours with Dragon Spear Burst!” said Marin as Lancer Dragonute flew in on Krebons with its spear.

“By paying 800 Life Points, I can negate an attack aimed towards my Krebons,” said Clair as Krebons generated an electronic barrier around it as a shield against the upcoming attack.

Marin (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 2700)

Marin (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 2700)

“Oh well, I knew that would happen,” said Marin relaxingly, “but there’s always another way to damage you with this Dragon’s Gunfire, a card that either deals the opponent 800 points of damage or destroy a monster with 800 or less Defense Points. I shall choose the first effect.”

Lancer Dragonute launched a fireball from its mouth & it hit Clair herself. However, a pale ghost-like being intercepted the attack & bursted into flames instead.

“What just happened? Where did that come from?” demanded Marin.

“That’s my Life Coordinator, a monster that I can discard if you were to deal Effect Damage to me,” explained Clair, “bet you didn’t see that coming.”

“Nonetheless, I will still beat you!” said Marin, “I set 1 face-down & end my turn.”

“I draw,” said Clair, “and I play Psycho-Necromancy to Special Summon my Life Coordinator!” (800/400~400/200)

The card opened & the pale blue ghost-like creature appeared, floating around.

[align=center]

Marin (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 2400)[/align]

“Oh my, she’s cutting her own Life Points faster than the speed of light,” remarked Gethin.

“Now I Tune Life Coordinator into my Level 3 Krebons!” proclaimed Clair, “Ancient magic & distant technology combine as 1 force to lead a path straight to the stars. Soul of silicon, align into existence. Synchro Summon! Come out now, Magical Android!” (2400/1700)

Krebons transformed into 3 rings that passed through Life Coordinator, which became 2 orbs. Suddenly, a beam of light went through them & the Magical Android appeared at last.

“I also Normal Summon my Power Injector in Attack Mode,” (1300/1400) said Clair as the seemingly undead creature appeared & flexed its huge arms, “now I use its effect & pay 600 Life Points so that all my Psychic monsters here can gain 500 points.” (1300/1400~1800/1400, 2400/1700~2900/1700)

[align=center]

Marin (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 1800)[/align]

“Now, I play Healing Wind to regain 200 Life Points for every monster on the field,” said Clair, “with 3 of them, I can gain what I just lost.”

[align=center]

Marin (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 2400)[/align]

“Attack that Lancer Dragonute with Mystical Cyber Blast!” ordered Clair.

Magical Android fired a green energy blast from her staff & quickly obliterated the lancer dragon.

Marin (LP: 2600) Clair (LP: 2400)

Marin (LP: 2600) Clair (LP: 2400)

“Now, Power Injector will attack you directly!” said Clair as the Power Injector stomped forward.

“I activate my face-down card, Reinforcing Resurrection!” said Marin, “this card allows me to resurrect a Level 4 or below monster from my graveyard & it will have a slight increase in all of its stats.”

Suddenly, Lancer Dragonute bursted from the ground & folded its wings to protect itself. (1500/1800~1600/1900, LV: 4~5)

“Oh no, its Defense is higher than mine now!” exclaimed Clair.

[align=center]

Marin (LP: 2600) Clair (LP: 2300)[/align]

“If only you had used Psi-Station’s effect on Power Injector earlier,” said Marin, “but I assume you want to save your precious Life Points, do you?”

“Oh shut up & I will place just 1 face-down to end things from here,” said Clair, who grew rather annoyed. (2900/1700~2400/1700, 1800/1400~1300/1400)

“I draw,” said Marin, but he cringed as Reinforcing Resurrection shot out a blast of energy on him.

Marin (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 2300)

Marin (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 2300)

“Hmpf, but my little Trap Card has quite a price for using it as I lose 1000 Life Points during each of my Standby Phases,” said Marin “but enough of that, I summon a favourite monster in my book, the Chaos-End Master in Attack Mode!” (1500/1000)

The white angelic warrior appeared & flapped its wings.

“Like you, I also have a thing about Synchro Monsters & I Tune Lancer Dragonute into Chaos-End Master!” said Marin, “Darkness & corruption conceal the entire world! The purest essences of evil itself are spread to its ends! Synchro Summon! Descend from the depths of nihility, Dark End Dragon!” (2600/2100)

Chaos-End Master turned into 3 rings of light & they wet past Lancer Dragonute, which became 5 orbs. Suddenly, an orange beam of light erupted & a pitch-black dragon with a demonic-looking chest plate appeared & roared loudly.

“Now I activate its special ability; when lowering both its stats by 500, I can send a monster of yours to the Graveyard,” said Marin, “and your Magical Android’s going bye-bye! Dark Evaporation!” (2600/2100~2100/1600)

Dark End Dragon shot out a black mist-like spray over Magical Android & as the mist cleared in a few moments, the Synchro Monster was missing from sight.

“Now attack that Power Injector with Dark Fog!” commanded Marin as Dark End Dragon shot out a blast of darkness at Power Injector.

Marin (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 1500)

Marin (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 1500)

“Good lord, they are forcing each other’s Life Points down,” said Norman, “this is more of a eternal fight back loop system.”

“I set 1 face-down & end my turn,” said Marin.

“I draw now,” said Clair, “now I summon the Psychic Snail in Attack Mode!” (1900/1200~2200/1200, LV: 4~5)

The yellow-purple giant snail appeared & roared as electricity from the Psi-Station flowed through its body.

Marin (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 1000)

Marin (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 1000)

“And now, I play Emergency Provisions to regain 1000 Life Points by sending away that Psi-Station which is getting too hazardous for me,” said Clair as the Psi-Station vanished into light grains.

Marin (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 2000)

Marin (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 2000)

“So you got higher Life Points & a stronger monster too,” said Marin, “this should be interesting indeed.”

“Yup, when I attack that Dragon of yours now!” said Clair as Psychic Snail fired a laser from its antennas.

“I activate the Trap Card called Enemy Attack Alarm-Yellow Alert!” said Marin as the card opened up, “this card activates only when you attack me & summons a monster to be the scapegoat instead & I choose the Shining Angel in my hand.” (1400/800)

A blond angel in a toga appeared & folded its wings as the electrical attack hit him instead & destroyed it.

“Of course, now that Shining Angel bites the dust, I get to summon a LIGHT Monster from my deck as long as it has no more than 1500 Attack Points,” said Marin, “and I summon the Different Dimension Dragon in Defense Mode.” (1200/1500)

A small wyvern-type green dragon with a slightly wrapped appearance appeared on the field & folded up its 2 wings.

“Level 5 LIGHT Monster…I have a bad feeling about this…” claimed Gethin.

“Hmm, I put 2 face-down cards myself & end this,” said Clair.

“Finally, it’s my turn & let’s see how things go from here,” said Marin, “yes! I summon the Tuner Monster, Dark Repairer in Attack Mode!” (1000/1300)

A small gremlin-like creature with a spider’s abdomen appeared & snickered evilly.

“Yup, the bad feeling is true alright,” said Fuyuki.

“From this point, anyone can guess my plans here! I Tune Different Dimension Dragon into my Dark Repairer now!” cried Marin, “Holy light of The Lord grace our duel! Let us bathe in all its radiance! Synchro Summon! Shine in your glory, Light End Dragon!” (2600/2100)

Dark Repairer let out a final cackle as it became 3 rings that zoomed pass the green dragon as it became 5 orbs. A great beam of white light shone upon the field as a long white serpentine dragon appeared & roared loudly, followed by its Dark half in a chorus of ear-screeching roars. Clair took a step back in fear of their deafening roars.

“Before my 2 mightiest beasts, you are trembling in your jacket!” ranted Marin, “If you had quietly go along with your birth father’s grand plans, you could have the life you yearned for again, a world of eternal peace & harmony that shall be freed of strife & mayhem! But back to the duel, since my Dark Repairer was sent to the graveyard from the field itself, I get to draw 1 card!”

Marin then swiftly took out the card from his deck & added it with his remaining hand.

“It would be highly likely that that face-down of yours is intended to counter my Dark End Dragon, but I’m not so stupid!” cried Marin, “I’m sure you remembered my Light End Dragon’s effect from last time, which lowers its own stats by 500 in order to do the same to the attack target by thrice that amount! I now declare the attack upon your Psychic Snail & this is when Light Expansion takes it over from here!”

Light End Dragon unleashed a volley of light from its form over the field, covering the Psychic Snail in its radiance. (2600/2100~2100/1600, 2200/1200~700/1200)

“That snail of yours is merely a hollowed shell of its former self now! Shining Sublimation!” commanded Marin as Light End Dragon began to launch a powerful beam of pure light at Psychic Snail…

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

Fossil Dragon Skullgios

EARTH/Rock-Fusion/LV 8/ATK 3500/DEF 0

1 Rock-Type monster in your Graveyard + 1 Level 7 or higher Dinosaur-Type monster in your opponent's Graveyard

A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted by the effect of "Fossil Fusion". When this card attacks, you may swap the ATK and DEF of the monster selected as the attack target. When this card attacks with an ATK higher than the DEF of your opponent's Defense Position monster, inflict the different as Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points.

Overmind Liberion: Although I’m not in this episode in anyway, I am still forced to talk about this card of the day for I have provided it. It is called Fossil Dragon Skullgios, a Fossil Fusion Monster formed through a union between a Rock & a Level 7 or higher Dinosaur monster. Despite its seemingly-fragile appearance, it can easily trample its way out of an opponent’s Defenses & swap the Attack & Defense of its own attack target, widening the possibilities on inflicting the highest possible amount of Damage.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Clair: My duel with Marin continues from here, but things are getting quite rocking from here! But Marin, what drives you to go to such lengths in Arcadius & what of your loyalty?

Marin: I’m doing this for…I don’t need to tell you! Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 64-Revolution!

Overmind: The ever-changing world is slowly unfolding itself & the destinies of the thousands involved in this incident shall walk on paths that defy even Mana itself.

[spoiler=Ch 64-Revolution]

Previously on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind

On 1 side, the recent Knight of Arcadius, Hashim of the Middle Eastern Islamic Federation, had located Ryo Worth for unknown purposes. While that was merely a minor issue when compared to the real problem, Clair was in the middle of a heated duel with High Knight Marin. His 2 Chaos Dragons were about to grab a hold on victory for Clair or will she go on & fight on…

During the duel between Clair & Marin, Clair had 2 face-down cards & the Psychic Snail in Attack Mode. (700/0) Where else, Marin had just summoned his Light End Dragon to accompany his Dark End Dragon. (2100/1600 x2) Although Marin lacked any cards in his Spell/Trap Card Zone, he was confident of his moves as his Light End Dragon proceeded to attack the already-weakened Psychic Snail with a powerful beam of light.

[align=center]

Marin (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 2000)[/align]

“That snail of yours is merely a hollowed shell of its former self now! Shining Sublimation!” commanded Marin as Light End Dragon began to launch a powerful beam of pure light at Psychic Snail…

“Oh no! I can’t bear to watch!” cried Gethin.

“You’re right that it was meant to deal with your Dark End Dragon, but this will still do nicely. Go, Draining Shield!” announced Clair, “this card will convert all damage dealt to me into Life Points for me. Like you, I have also planned a few steps forward.”

Light End Dragon finally unleashed its beam of light, but a shield protected the Psychic Snail from further destruction.

Marin (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 4100)

Marin (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 4100)

“So you finally find the way to weasel yourself out of sticky situations t last,” said Marin, “but all is useless as I activate Dark End Dragon’s effect to get rid of your Psychic Snail before it does any real damage here. Go, Dark Evaporation!” (2100/1600~1600/1100)

Dark End Dragon shot out another black mist at Psychic Snail & it vanished in an instant.

“I play the Card of Sanctity so that we both can draw up to 6 cards each,” said Marin as they both drew until they had reached maximum size.

“Hmm…that card is 1 of those cards Luna gave to me back then…maybe I can finally use it…” thought Clair as she drew out that card.

“Now I set 2 face-downs & end my turn,” said Marin calmly.

“I draw,” said Clair, “and I play Teleport so that I can pay 800 Life Points in order to summon my Telekinetic Shocker!” (1700/700)

Marin (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 3300)

Marin (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 3300)

The suited man appeared on the field & electricity sparked off from him.

“Now I summon the Psychic Berserker in Attack Mode of course!” said Clair as the zombie-like giant appeared. (2000/100)

“Hmm…she obviously aims to attack my weakened Dark End Dragon, but boy, do I have a surprise for her…” thought Marin.

“I activate my face-down Trap Card, Taunt!” declared Marin, “now that it is your first Main Phase, I can tell you which monster you can only attack from now onwards & that will be my Light End Dragon! Just to let you know, my Light End Dragon’s Light Expansion works anytime it battles.”

“Oh no, Clair could be doomed now,” claimed Fuyuki.

“Not really, for his 2 dragons possess a weak link & I hope Clair has found it out by now,” said Norman as he remained perfectly calm all this time.

“Either way, I still plan to attack your dragons & no Trap Card will stop me. Go, my Telekinetic Shocker!” said Clair as her monster charged forward.

“Ha! Your monster shall be bathed in my dragon’s Light Expansion & destruction awaits it!” hollered Marin.

The Telekinetic Shocker was consumed by the volley of light that came from Light End Dragon & was weakened greatly. (2100/1600~1600/1100, 1700/700~200/0) This led to its demise as the dragon fired a blast of pure light from its mouth.

Marin (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 1900)

Marin (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 1900)

“Clair, you just blew off nearly half of your Life Points here!” yelled Gethin, “don’t do dumb things!”

“Hmpf, I can do that a few times anyways!” said Clair daringly, “so let’s go, my Psychic Berserker!”

The Psychic Berserker also lurched towards the mighty dragon, but was engulfed by its light before being destroyed by its power. (1600/1100~1100/600, 2000/100~500/0)

Marin (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 1300)

Marin (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 1300)

“Oh no, she just blew it…twice!” yelled Gethin, “has she finally lost it?”

“On the contrary, she actually has achieved her objective already,” reasoned Norman, “by constantly attacking Light End Dragon; she has successfully weakened it to the point where she could destroy it even with that effect stopping her.”

“Marin, Norman & Penny seem to be the only ones here who actually understand my plans,” said Clair as she sighed, “but he’s right too. I activate Soul Tuning now!”

“So you can do a Synchro Summon using monsters in the graveyard,” said Marin, “you only have a Level 2 Tuner…and the other non-Tuners are all…Level 4…so it’s a Level 6!”

“Precisely, both Krebons & Psychic Berserker will be the components for this!” said Clair, “Growing minds lead to a new path in life! Transcend to a world unlike any other! Synchro Summon! Appear now, my Mind Annihilator!” (2400/1100)

A sudden light beam appeared on the field as the part-cybernetic daemon appeared & snarled at the opponent & his monsters.”

“Now he’ll attack your Light End Dragon!” declared Clair as the Mind Annihilator’s jetpack propelled himself towards the dragon.

“There’s no way my dragon can even survive that attack…so I must…” thought Marin.

“Activate the Trap Card, Tuner’s Mind!” yelled Marin as he grew more tensed, “this card activates when you are trying to attack my Synchro Monster & it splits it back to its original components!”

Before the attack could reach the dragon, it transformed into the Dark Repairer & Different Dimension Dragon. (1000/1300, 1200/1500)

“But there’s more as you must now attack the Tuner Monster that was Special Summoned by this effect,” continued Marin as Mind Annihilator slashed at the spider-like gremlin as Marin drew 1 card, “since he’s off to the graveyard again, I can draw a new card.”

“Crazy, but I set 3 cards & end my turn,” said Clair.

“I draw!” said Marin, “and it is now time to really end this! I activate my Dark End Dragon’s effect again to send your monster off to the graveyard!” (2100/1600~1600/1100)

“Arg…I activate the Trap Card, Divine Wrath!” said Clair as she discarded a card from her hand, “Now your Dark End Dragon has reached the end of the line.”

Dark End Dragon sprayed another blast of black mist from its mouth to wipe out the Psychic monster, but lightning shot from the sky & destroyed it first.

“And my Different Dimension Dragon is too weak to deal with your monster, so I have to…” said Marin as he took a card in his hand, “play Trap Booster that allows me to play a Trap Card from my hand & that Trap is called Never Look Back!”

Marin discarded 1 card & another card appeared on the field.

“Okay…I’m stumped on that one…” remarked Norman, “so what does that do?”

“It needs me to pay 1000 Life Points for starters, but it gets very complicated from here,” explained Marin, “both of us must now remove our entire hands from play & select 3 cards in our Decks to become our new hand. But I must warn you to choose wisely, because the rest of our decks will be tossed to the graveyard save for the last 3 cards down there.”

Marin (LP: 600) Clair (LP: 1300)

Marin (LP: 600) Clair (LP: 1300)

As such, both of them kept the remaining cards in their hands away & searched their decks for 3 more cards. Clair was flipping through her deck for the right cards to it.

“Alright, my priority is to summon that monster, but I need to play this out well,” thought Clair as she was searching her deck, “but it is still unsettling on what Marin’s planning…no! I must focus on my own plans here! Okay…that card must be in the deck, so I have to keep it for safekeeping…this should be okay.”

“I wonder what Clair has in mind…most likely a Synchro Summon of her Astral Plane Dragon, but I came in prepared,” thought Marin as he took out his third card, “now I can summon my ultimate monster & still stop Clair dead in her tracks!”

After much consideration, both players had finally selected their cards & sent the remainder of their decks to the graveyard.

“Hope you chose wisely this time, I know I have,” said Marin, “and I will show you! I summon a little Tuner that would certainly ring a few bells, my Dark Resonator in Attack Mode!” (1300/300)

The fiend shaman with the tuning fork appeared & cackled evilly.

“Now I Tune them both for someone you would love to hate, my Light End Dragon!” cried Marin as both monster tuned together for the dragon of light. (2600/2100)

“Here we go again,” said Clair monotonously, “I’ll still beat that dragon of yours!”

“Too bad that I will have to cancel your plans for I now deem you as a foe worthy of a monster of ultimate power…I usually won’t flash it around for all to see, but you have forced me into this!” said Marin as he shoved a card onto a slot in his Disk, “I activate the Spell Card, Dragon’s Mirror! By removing Fusion Material Monsters that are on the field & resting in the graveyard from play, I can summon a powerful Dragon-Type Fusion Monster!”

“Could he be calling out…the 5-Headed Dragon?” wondered Fuyuki.

“Not that mundane card, I plan to summon something more to my liking,” said Marin as the apparition of Dark End Dragon appeared beside Light End Dragon, “I combine these 2 dragons to Fusion Summon the almighty Chaos Nihility Dragon!” (3000/3000)

The 2 dragons became 2 streaks of light that danced around with each other until they emerged as one powerful light that covered the whole field. Out of it, a grey & viridian dragon appeared from it. It had 3 demonic horns & was ferocious in every sense of the word.

“Now my dragon has 1 of the most potent effects ever,” said Marin, “by dividing its Attack by 2, I can bypass the rules of the game & attack you directly. Go, Chaos End Breath!”

The Chaos Nihility Dragon flapped its large wings as it flew over Mind Annihilator & launched an energy blast from its gaping mouth. (3000/3000~1500/3000)

“Oh no! I activate Negate Attack & end this madness,” said Clair as the attack was deflected by a barrier.

“Hmpf, I set 1 face-down & end my turn,” said Marin disgruntled. (1500/3000~3000/3000)

‘But my face-down Discord Counter will put her to a permanent stop,” thought Marin.

“I draw,” said Clair, “I now play Monster Rebirth to return a certain monster back to my deck.”

Clair took out a card amongst those in her grave & placed it on top of her deck, in which the Duel Disk responded with an auto shuffle.

“Now that’s an unnatural move,” said Marin.

“Now I summon my Mind Master in Attack Mode!” said Clair as the floating monster appeared, (100/200) “now I Tune them both this instant! Ascend into a plane beyond all existence! Enlighten thee with light of guidance! Synchro Summon! Rise from nothingness, Astral Plane Dragon!” (2000/1000)

Mind Master became a single ring that went pass Mind Annihilator that also became into 6 orbs. The all-powerful dragon then appeared on the field & roared loudly.

“Magnificent beast there, but I had suspected that move long ago,” said Marin, “I activate…”

“Wait there! I chain my dragon’s summoning with a little card that I got from someone, Buster Mode!” cried Clair as the card opened.

“What my God!!! She couldn’t be…there’s no way…” exclaimed Norman.

“How did you get that…no…that Signer…that must be it!” exclaimed Marin, hardly believing what he saw.

“With this card’s effect, I can Release 1 Synchro Monster that I control for an even stronger one…I call out the Astral Plane Dragon/Buster!” (2500/1500)

Astral Plane Dragon let out 1 final screech as it was consumed by light & it changed in some ways. Its head was covered by a golden helmet with plated armor fixed onto its body. It let out an even louder roar as the winds around it blew wildly.

“Since the original Astral Plane Dragon was properly summoned, all our monster cards in the graveyard are now removed from play,” said Clair, “now my new dragon has a modified effect, it removes every last card in our graveyards & it can gain 100 points for each of those cards that were removed from play!”

The armored version of the Astral Plane Dragon roared loudly as immerse power flowed through it. (2500/1500~10000/1500)

“Now attack his Chaos Nihility Dragon with Astral Mega Flare!” commanded Clair as her dragon fired a woeful blast of light from its mouth.

“When my dragon is being attacked, I can remove 1 card on my side of the field from play to shift it to Defense Mode,” said Marin as his face-down Discord Counter opened up before vanishing & the Chaos Nihility Dragon folded its massive wings together. (10000/1500~10100/1500)

“But that doesn’t stop anything & my dragon only gets stronger!” said Clair as the attack utterly destroyed the enemy’s dragon, but Astral Plane Dragon/Buster also shattered as well, “but what just happened here?”

“When my Chaos Nihility Dragon has been destroyed in battle, it removes every card on the field from play & it will return during my next Standby Phase,” explained Marin, “where in you shall be defeated by then!”

“Not until I show you the final effect of my /Buster monster,” said Clair, “when it has been destroyed by any means, I can Special Summon the original counterpart back to the field.”

“But ain’t Astral Plane Dragon a Nomi monster or what?” questioned Gethin.

“Maybe so, but there is always this clause called ‘ignoring all Summoning conditions’ that bypasses that rule,” said Clair, “so let’s screw the rules & give a warm welcome to my Astral Plane Dragon!” (2000/1000)

Suddenly, a dimensional portal appeared over the field & Astral Plane Dragon itself slowly descended from it.

“He may not be much for a monster in his Level category, but is worth a shot to attack you directly now,” said Clair, “finish him off once & for all, Astral Burst!!!”

Astral Plane Dragon then let out a beam of light at Marin himself. During this whole thing, Marin stood still as if he were ready to take the beating gracefully.

Marin (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 1300)

Marin (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 1300)

Marin lied down on the ground after that exhausting attack, while Clair returned to her friends’ side.

“Wow, you actually owned the /Buster Monsters?” wondered Norman, “I heard those cards are very rare to find.”

“Clair, you rocked & the title of Duel Queen is now yours again,” said Penny.

“Indeed you did, Your Highness,” said Marin as he slowly put himself together, “that duel was so fulfilling to me, it taught me a lot other than dueling. You have genuine friends, like the ones who have supported you, unlike your father had. Maybe he just lost all his faith in friendship following the Genocide…Clair, can you please bring that faith back to His Majesty?”

“That’s what I also wanted to achieve, but I can’t do it alone,” said Clair.

“Then as the High Knight of Arcadius, I shall call you my new Lord…I mean…Lady!” proclaimed Marin as he suddenly knelt in respect, “I beg of thee to accept my wishes to serve Arcadius under your rule for all time until either one’s demise!”

“So this is like a…coup d’état of some kind here…” wondered Fuyuki.

“No, it’s the revolution,” said Marin as he smiled.

“I accept, now get up please,” said Clair kindly as she lifted Marin up, “but now we must help Ace quickly.”

“Yes, Your Majesty!” responded Marin as he stood upright, “but I only hoped that it’s not too late yet.”

As they were running towards the current location of the falling airship, a 2-man bicycle maneuvered its way throughout the car-flooded streets of Oregorgia. Tyson was riding in the front, while Mary was at the back with a few equipment at the far ends.

“Hey Tyson, stop for a while,” requested Mary as Tyson pulled over.

“Yah, for what? Do we have a story?” asked Tyson.

“Just see for yourself & tell me how much is it worth on air,” said Mary as she pointed out a mass of metal beams floating in the middle of the sky, “I can see it now…Floating Metal Trash…”

“And there’s someone up there & he’s floating too,” claimed Tyson as he had a camera with him.

“What! Take it fast! I’ll be ready shortly!” yelled Mary as she took out a powder box.

In the crumbling remains of the Great Rasputin, Ace had been holding the great ship up in the sky with his own powers. However, no matter how much effort he used, the metal beams still managed to drop on their own. Ace was profusely covered by sweat as he continued between stressing himself over that near-impossible task & keeping himself afloat & alive.

“So…so weakened…my powers are…draining me off…” muttered Ace as he struggled in constant vanity, “but…but for Her Highness’…sake…I shall be…Atlas…and carry…the burden of the masses…on my very own…ARMS!!!”

Suddenly, by some miracle, the remaining afloat metal beams suddenly shot high into the sky. The beams were then sealed up inside a tornado that began to form around Ace’s waist. With the tremendous force, the metal mass was tossed far away from the city, moving westwards. Clair & company just happened to see the zooming metal parts as it zipped across the sky in front of thousands of people.

“So much for the Great Rasputin,” claimed Marin, “morale of this incident-don’t listen to madmen.”

“Judging from its speed & direction, I’m guessing it will very likely land in the ocean where it couldn’t do anything damage,” said Norman.

“Maybe except for a tidal wave,” said Penny.

“But at least the people here were safe,” said Clair, “but that tornado…it ought to be the handiwork of Ace…how’s he!”

As such, they all ran towards the spot where they had seen something falling down.

“Your Majesty, you are driven by compassion & goodwill towards others, even strangers to you,” commented Marin, “you would grow to be one fine capable leader in Arcadius.”

“Alright, cut & that’s a take,” said Tyson as he let go of the camera, “and I’ve got everything on hard disk now.”

“Good, now let’s head back to HQ to broadcast this,” said Mary as she got on the bicycle.

In the middle of the traffic junction, it was seen that Ace had fallen directly on the remains of Darren’s destroyed car. Both Darren & Charles were trying to remove Ace from the broken vehicle.

“Charles! Darren!” cried Norman.

“Oh Norman, how nice to see you,” said Charles, “I have my suspicion that this man is a Psychic, seeing as how he lifted that pile of metal.”

“Now if you even dared & thought of hurting him in the slightest, I’ll…” snapped Marin as he prepared to unsheathe his sword strapped onto his waist, only to halt upon a signal made by Clair.

“Charles, let’s just say that we have a lot of Psychics on your side now,” said Clair as she grinned slyly.

“Yes, I have learnt my lesson from last time. Our folly had caused the world dearly indeed,” lamented Charles, “as the leader of the main counter-Psychic group, I should shoulder all responsibilities to myself & me alone.”

“Don’t take it too hard on yourself,” comforted Fuyuki, “we cannot change the past, but we can learn from it to save our future.”

“Hey there, you lot!” yelled Darren as he was still trying to pull Ace free, “can you help me with this dude?”

With that outcry, Charles, Norman & Gethin proceeded to help him out.

About a few hours following the end of the Rasputin Collapse Crisis, Ace was resting inside a hospital ward tended by Dr Teong. Clair, Charles & their company soon walked in to check up on him.

“Teong, how is the man?” asked Charles.

“He’s fine, no serious injury other than severe mental stress,” said Teong.

“Quite common if you are a Psychic who has overtaxed his own limits, but they say that it may force one’s powers to evolve,” said Marin, “Ace had never done a tornado strong enough to lift heavy objects before & that’s what he just did recently. I wonder what other changes had occurred upon him.”

At this moment, Ace was starting to come around & saw Clair & Marin among others.

“Your Highness, you are safe…” said Ace weakly.

“Actually, she’s Her Majesty now,” corrected Marin.

“You mean you…” said Ace.

“Yes, I granted her the power as a leader within Arcadius,” said Marin while a particular news broadcast caught all their eyes & attention.

“Greetings, people of Oregeorgia! This is your news reporter, Mary Willis. Just a few hours ago today, there have been a bombardment of metal parts over the streets. As a result, the entire ctiy’s roads were effectively blocked out. There were reasons to believe that the mysterious blimp flying over us was the source of the disposal. Later on, we have detected a large pile of metal beams that would destroy an entire city block, according to experts. Strangely, the pile was kept afloat by some strong air currents over the area.”

The screen then turned a shot of Ace in midair as he lifted the remains of the Great Rasputin.

“Upon closer view, you can clearly see a male in his thirties of an African descent afloat & apparently carrying the pile himself. All other information about him is unknown as of now, but it is obvious that he has saved the city from utter destruction that would take years to recover. There are theories that this unique man may be a Psychic, if so, then I personally believe that not all Psychics are bad, despite the declaration for a civilian uprising worldwide. Now for the Foreign news, the rising tension between Neo-Domino & Sub-Domino…”

At this moment, a nurse butted her way to the ward. She was accompanying another patient, a blond Caucasian man in his mid 40s who was on a wheelchair.

“Nurse, I thought I told you not to come here,” reprimanded Teong, “you’re only docking your own paycheck for this and…”

“Don’t scold the lady doctor,” said the patient, “it was I who told her to come here, so that I may speak to the patient here.”

“Me?” exclaimed Ace, “I’m just a soldier fighting for what’s right, nothing special at all.”

“Ah, but fighting for the right things alone already is enough,” said the patient, “I was driving along the roads when the whole thing happened. I was supposed to be heading to the Domestic Court for a case about my only son’s custody. My car was bombarded by a metal beam, but I managed to get out in time despite a few injuries. I would have been smashed by another one if not for the wind that you have made. Because of what happened back there, my ex-wife was concerned about me & canceled the whole case. I may know of that speech made that had rendered you as enemies to the world, but I personally believe you are good & there is that within all of us, regardless race, religion, creed or language.”

“You see Marin; people do know how to be graceful towards others,” said Clair, “We Psychics can use our powers to aid the world into peace through moderate methods, no real need for radical means.”

“Me, Marin Defleto, High Knight of Arcadius for nearly 10 long years…being lectured by a common human being & a girl who was barely involved in Arcadius…what an irony…” thought Marin.

All this time, the Ally & Lullaby were watching the whole scene from their base, the so-called “Unborn World”.

“Hmm, I still remembered that line I used to cheer the guilty Charles up back then,” claimed the Ally, “going back in time to the past sure brings back wonderful memories of the good old days.”

“But what is our next plan from here?” asked Lullaby, “like you have requested, I have left Arcadius for good this time.”

“All part of the Grand Design, my dear,” said the Ally.

He then waved his hand & the image shown on the screen changed from the hospital ward to a shot of Noland sitting on a rocking chair.

“Who’s he, my Liege?” asked Lullaby.

“He is Noland Blight, the previous Duel King of Oregeorgia,” said the Ally, “also known to be a friend of Overmind Liberion when he was still a High Knight in Arcadius & possible accomplice of the Genocide…”

Meanwhile, in the throne room of the sky fortress, Liberion was watching that same news broadcast along with a recording of the aftermath of Marin’s duel & his betrayal. Both Hashim & Ryo were beside him at the time too.

“Ah, how the mighty have fallen to the enemy,” sighed Hashim, “so my Lord, since I’m the only remaining alive & loyal Knight here, maybe a promotion to High Knight is in order.”

“Marin, you are too foolish,” said Liberion, “you are naïve like my daughter who believes in pathetic & weak methods where else harsher means must be implemented to install order long-term.”

“Yeah, but what did you want me for again?” asked Ryo.

“Yes, I want you to be my newest addition to the Arcadius family…as a Knight…he who wields the ‘Allocator of Ba-Ka’,” said Liberion as he chuckled.

[spoiler=Cards of the Day]

Chaos Nihility Dragon

DARK/Dragon-Fusion/LV 10/ATK 3000/DEF 3000

“Light End Dragon”+ “Dark End Dragon”

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by its own effect or Fusion Summon conducted with the above Fusion Material Monsters. By halving this card’s Attack, you can attack your opponent directly this turn. When this card is selected as an attack target, you can remove 1 card on your side of the field from play so that this card changes to Defense Mode. When this card is destroyed in battle, remove all cards on the field from play & you can Special Summon this card that is in your Graveyard or removed from play during your next Standby Phase.

Astral Plane Dragon/Buster

LIGHT/Dragon-Effect/LV 9/ATK 2500/DEF 1500

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of “Buster Mode”. When this card is Special Summoned, you can remove all cards in both you & your opponent’s Graveyards from play. This card gains 100 Attack Points for every card removed from play. Once per turn, you can regain 1000 Life Points if you return 1 card that is removed from play to your Deck. When this card has been destroyed, you can Special Summon 1 “Astral Plane Dragon that is either in your Graveyard or removed from play, ignoring all Summoning conditions.

Clair & Marin: Today, we have 2 cards to share with you lot…but let’s start with the first one that appeared first.

Marin: My Chaos Nihility Dragon is the fused form between my 2 dragons that embody the 2 sides of chaos itself. It can defy the rules of battling by attacking the opponent directly by halving its own Attack. Also when it was to meet its match, it can shift to Defense Mode to save my Life Points. Even when it was to be destroyed in battle, I can unleash its inner powers of chaos to remove every card on the field from play & call him back later in my Standby Phase.

Clair: You’ve all heard of his ultimate card, now here’s mine. The Astral Plane Dragon/Buster is a rare beast whose powers even outrank its Synchro counterpart with its ability to remove every single card from play & draw power from all of them even if they were not removed by its own effect. Like all other /Buster Monsters, when it is destroyed, I can get to summon its Synchro counterpart back onto the field.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Ally: Lullaby, your mission is to infiltrate Noland Blight’s house & extract the necessary information from him regarding his past involvement in the Genocide. If needed to & most likely have to, you will have to duel him. Understand all of that?

Lullaby: Yes, sir! Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 65-Unraveled Lies! So…that was how it all happened…the Genocide…and then all the chaos the world suffered soon afterwards…

Woah, good chapter. Although one creepy little detail I noticed was what Fuyuki said. “Don’t take it too hard on yourself,” comforted Fuyuki, “we cannot change the past, but we can learn from it to save our future.” Heh, right...

ANYWAY, I didn't see Marin betraying the Overmind like that... But i suppose he had his reasons... Interesting though.

Woah' date=' good chapter. Although one creepy little detail I noticed was what Fuyuki said. “Don’t take it too hard on yourself,” comforted Fuyuki, “we cannot change the past, but we can learn from it to save our future.” Heh, right...

ANYWAY, I didn't see Marin betraying the Overmind like that... But i suppose he had his reasons... Interesting though.

[/quote']

what's so creepy about that line,please do tell

Marin may be loyal,but the exact nature of a high knight is not follow the overmind blindly,not it is really to enforce justice of Arcadius in anyway he sees as necessary...just like how Liberion used to be like

Oh sorry' date=' It just reminded me of something...

And as for Marin, very good point. Sorry, i've been learning too much about Communism and Stalin :O

[/quote']

in a future chapter,I plan to explain on the exact history of the overmind & his high knight...and yeah,I also am learning something on those 2 categories when I'm still in school

Please note that I will be gone for a class chalet,so I won't be around to put in new chapters until...at least Friday...according to "+ 8hrs timing".

[spoiler=Ch 65-Unraveled Lies]

On the outskirts of Oregeorgia, there is a shop called “Crazy Ed’s Crazy Wheelz”, a paradise for drivers of all vehicles made by Man. It not only sold cars, but also car parts & other car-related merchandise. Other services provided there involved fixing broken down cars & regularly updated gossip & underground information involving the racing circuit & other vehicle-based information. Charles, Darren & Mary were looking around the area as a mechanic was tending to Darren’s destroyed car.

“At least I hope we can save her & I get to ride her,” hoped Darren, “I’m desperately enough to be willing to go religious over this!”

“Not your style to follow religion, Dad,” claimed Mary, “and with your deck of undead monsters, it will be likely that they will reject you anyway. Those Religion Clubs are getting more zealous nowadays especially with the support of theology-based federations like the Vatican Catholic Federation, Middle Eastern Islamic Federation & Indian Hindu Federation.”

“Say, where’s my future son-in-law who drove us all the way here?” wondered Darren as he scanned the area around him.

“Don’t call him that & don’t bother about him,” said Mary as she folded her arms in anger, “he only came along with us mainly to hear some dumb rumor about implementing auto racing in the future Olympic Games held in Lhasa of the Indian Hindu Federation.”

“But that place has barely organized itself following the Second Chinese Civil War,” said Darren, “what do you think about that, brother…brother…”

As Darren & Mary had noticed by now, Charles had been dejected & silent all the way sicne they had left their house.

“Uncle Charles, what’s up?” asked Mary.

“Nothing, but Darren, just think that out of all those Psychics we had slaughtered all those years ago, how many were actually innocent people,” asked Charles.

“Well…most of them…” replied Darren, only for Charles to weep even deeper & for Mary to step on him.

“That’s the wrong answer, Dad,” whispered Mary, “get a clue someday!”

“No need to blame him, Mary. I admit that we have killed many innocents, and that’s a crime worthy of death by firing squad,” said Charles as he continued crying, “and even after 10 years, we can just freely go scot-free. This is not justice at all!”

Charles banged on the nearby wall & his hand bled from the impact. After which, he dashed out of the place as fast as he could.

“Let’s chase him before he does something stupid!” suggested Darren as he started to chase after his elder brother.

Just then, Tyson came in to see the commotion. He was even wearing a red & white shirt saying “Olympic Auto-Race Supporter”.

“Eh…so what did I miss out?” asked Tyson.

“Arg…just follow me to get Uncle Charles before he does something stupid or else our relationship is over!” ordered Mary as she began to move out herself, followed by the running & panicking Tyson.

Beside the warehouses & other suburban areas in the outskirts, there was a single desolated & semi-detached house not far away from the city limits belonging to the former Duel King, Noland Blight. No one really knew since when did he begin to live there, but several reliable sources had verified that he lived there for at least a decade, sometime after the Genocide.

Currently, Noland had a guest staying with him for an early afternoon tea. The CEO of Pro Leagues, Oregeorgia & Main MC, Benjamin Booner reclined on a well-cushioned armchair with a cup of tea in his hand, while Noland rested on his armchair.

“You know, it’s rather a bit too early for an afternoon tea, my friend,” said Benjamin as he sipped a cup.

“Well, I want to discuss something with you, that’s the real reason why I brought you over,” said Noland, “do you still remember the Genocide incident 10 years ago?”

“If you are referring to that recent broadcast about Arcadius worldwide, I know!” said Benjamin, “and I know he does look like Severus, but he may be not the same man we knew once!”

“C’mon, we can’t deny it,” said Noland, “he not only looks like Severus, but acts like Severus too.”

“Even so, we can’t say for certain that…” said Benjamin, “in fact, we shouldn’t be raking up the past because it is already over & that was over 10 years ago.”

“Ah, but you have apparently underestimated the importance of the past for it makes us who we all are today,” said Lullaby as she walked inside their room, “after all, if one were to remove someone from a past timeline, won’t that have rewritten or created a reality where in that missing person’s descendants would have never existed?”

“Who are you girl & how did you get in here?” demanded Noland, “this place is well-secured despite the run-down look.”

“You may refer me as Lullaby, a member of the Mandate…an organization that…sort of helps out Arcadius from time to time…” said Lullaby childishly as she turned her head, “now, I am here to duel a Mr. Noland Blight. Do you know just where he is now?”

“Child, what do you want from me?” asked Noland, “I’m certain that you know of my prowess & mine surpasses yours in ways a lot more than one.”

“Oh nothing, just a little duel & I really want to test my skills on a great duelist like you,” said Lullaby, “you can say that I’m no pushover myself either.”

“You just don’t know when to quit,” said Benjamin, “Noland won’t duel you & that’s final!”

“But will his mind change if I told him that secret you all had been kept in the knowledge of the Genocide 10 years ago?” wondered Lullaby, “but I really want to confirm this though…”

“What!? You knew of it!” exclaimed Noland.

“That won’t be elaborated much on, all I want was just a duel,” said Lullaby as she showed them her Black Duel Disk that was already fitted onto her arm.

“Get me my Duel Coat, Ben,” instructed Noland.

“But Noland, you honestly are actually believ…” said Benjamin.

“Just do it, no questions asked!” cried Noland as Benjamin just walked inside.

“Let’s go outside where we may have a much larger space for dueling,” said Noland.

Later, both Noland & Lullaby were waiting outside the house’s backyard where a rough Duel Arena was built. In a few moments, Benjamin arrived with the Duel Coat on a clothes hangar.

“Took you long enough,” said Noland as he fitted his Coat, “and now, let’s duel!”

Lullaby (LP: 4000) Noland (LP: 4000)

Lullaby (LP: 4000) Noland (LP: 4000)

“I shall start the duel first,” said Lullaby as she drew, “and I Set 1 monster face-down along with another card to end my turn.”

“You’re getting mysterious on me,” said Noland after he drew, “I summon in Attack Mode His Royal Fiendishness, Bron, Mad King of Dark World!” (1800/400)

A loud sinister cackling echoed throughout the area as a deranged-looking fiend in a nearly-shredded blue coat & bounded by chains appeared. It then quickly broke itself free of its chains.

“Now I equip him with Big Bang Shot,” said Noland as Bron glowed red, (1800/400~2200/400) “now attack that face-down card with Mad Raving!”

Upon the command, Bron suddenly dashed towards the face-down card like a madman. The face-down card then revealed itself to be something like a giant blob in the shape of an orb. (1000/100) Bron’s attack had destroyed the creature, but the blob’s residue spilled onto Noland’s skin.

“I’m sure that you knew of Ginat Germ’s effect that burns you if you actually destroyed it,” said Lullaby.

“Yeah, but you took the most damage among us,” responded Noland.

Lullaby (LP: 1900) Noland (LP: 3500)

Lullaby (LP: 1900) Noland (LP: 3500)

“Ah, that may be so,” said Lullaby, “but do remember that I can now summon 2 more Giant Germs from my deck.”

Suddenly, the leftover residue of the original Giant Germ melded to form 2 more Giant Germs. (1000/100 x2)

“But also remember that my Bron’s effect activates, thus I can discard a card & I choose Kahkki, Guerilla of Dark World,” said Noland as he discarded, “now I can use its effect to destroy your monster..”

The apparition of a short & stubby fiend with a dagger in his hand out of the Duel Coat’s graveyard compartment, thrusting its dagger at 1 of the 2 Giant Germs & destroyed it. The fiend then disappeared with that done.

“I Set 1 card face-down & end my turn,” said Noland.

“She might find a way to defeat Bron, but I’m ready for it as I got this Escape from the Dark Dimension all set,” thought Noland.

“I draw,” said Lullaby, “I will now Release my Giant Germ in order to Advance Summon Majestic Mech-Goryu in Attack Mode!” (2900/1800)

1 of the 2 Giant Germs melted away; reforming into a portal where in a large white winged dragon with golden streaks along its body appeared & roared loudly.

“Behold, the sacred beast who implements justice upon the unjust,” proclaimed Lullaby, “and despite its looks, it’s really a Fairy.”

“But it will be destroyed by the end of this turn,” warned Noland.

“I have my plans with this,” said Lullaby, “Goryu, attack that Mad King with Thunder Roar!”

Goryu opened its jaws to unleash a powerful blast of thunder from it, causing a thunderous roar as the attack completely wiped out Bron in an instant.

[align=center]

Lullaby (LP: 1900) Noland (LP: 2800)[/align]

“Since Bron was equipped with Big Bang Shot, it is now removed from play,” said Noland, “but don’t miss him for I activate Escape from the Dark Dimension to summon back Bron!”

The insane king of darkness reappeared out of a black portal & laughed insanely. (1800/400)

“Now, I play the Desparado Manager Spell Card,” said Lullaby, “so now, I must draw 2 cards, but have to put back 3 of them into my deck.”

Lullaby drew 2 cards & then placed 3 of them nearly immediately.

“She did that move rather fast, she might be cooking something,” said Benjamin.

“Yah, the recipe for your disaster,” said Lullaby, “and the perfect utensil for it is my Mystic Wok & I’ll take my Goryu’s Attack for it.”

Goryu then dispersed into grains of light that flew into Lullaby herself.

Lullaby (LP: 4800) Noland (LP: 2800)

Lullaby (LP: 4800) Noland (LP: 2800)

“So you got back your Life Points,” commented Noland, “but at the same time, you have also rendered yourself defenseless against my monsters & that’ll cause you dearly.”

“Not really, by removing 3 DARK Fiends & 1 LIGHT Fairy in my Graveyard from play, I can summon something that you won’t find in any old card shop,” said Lullaby.

The apparitions of the 3 Giant Germs & Goryu appeared behind Lullaby before they all merged together as an eerie-looking portal. A burst of darkness erupted from it as a humanoid demon with bandages in some parts of its body & a skull for part of its head. (2400/1500)

“Meet 1 of the 3 infamous Sky Scourges, Norleras!” proclaimed Lullaby.

“I’ve heard of those things before,” said Benjamin, “those cards were made following the banning of Chaos Emperor Dragon & the halted production of Black Luster Soldier & with similar abilities, that granted them the alternate title of “Heirs of the Chaos Envoys”. However, even their powers were too strong that mass-production for them was stopped as well.”

“You knew your history, Mr. Booner,” remarked Lullaby, “but now I activate Monster Chest & this allows me to remove a monster in my deck from play & when it is destroyed, I can Special Summon that monster to the field. Also, Norleras won’t be sticking around for long. I pay 1000 Life Points to activate its effect to send every card on the field & in our hands to the Graveyard. Dark Eradication Blaze!”

Lullaby (LP: 3800) Noland (LP: 2800)

Lullaby (LP: 3800) Noland (LP: 2800)

Norleras growled as it was engulfed by its own black flames of chaos. It then imploded on the field, destroying everything else on the field. The flames themselves had also reached up to both players’ hands to burn off their own cards as well.

“Now that the fire show is over, I can draw 1 card,” said Lullaby as she drew the card.

“Of course, with that tactic in play, she can draw what she wants, especially after nuking the entire field,” realised Benjamin.

“Yup, and I give you the very monster I’ve hidden deep within the Monster Chest,” said Lullaby as a cute flying fluff ball appeared & cooed, (300/200) “the Winged Kuriboh is my monster of choice & I play Inferno Reckless Summon to call out 2 more copies to the field & all of them are in Attack Mode.”

In 2 puffs of smoke, 2 more copies of the Winged Kuriboh appeared on the field & cooed along in a strange chorus. (300/200 x2)

“But with a wall of fluff balls, they can cushion all Battle Damage dealt when they are destroyed!” said Benjamin, “this girl is more than she appears to be…”

“I end my turn now,” said Lullaby, “it’s your move, sir.”

“I draw,” said Noland, “you are quite an exceptional duelist here & that is something I’ve seen in quite a while. I play the Card of Sanctity for a brand new hand of 6 for each of us!”

Due to the fact that both of their hands were reduced to 0 due to Sky Scourge Norleras, that move had effectively aided them both as they all drew out all 6 cards from their decks. As Lullaby drew out the cards herself, she saw 2 particular cards that somehow interested her, as indicated by a wink.

“Now, I play Dark World Dealings,” said Noland as the card appeared, “now we can draw just 1 card each, but all deals with devils are not just as we must discard 1 card in the end.”

As such, both players drew 1 card & discarded another card just as quickly.

“Given the speed they ditched their cards, it is rather obvious that they both have a plan all set,” thought Benjamin.

“Now I shall activate the effect of that monster I’ve just discarded,” declared Noland as a monk-like fiend covered in black armor under its blue skin appeared & crouched on Lullaby’s side of the field, (500/300) “that was Celri, Monk of Dark World & when he is discarded, I can Special Summon him as my enemy & from then, I can discard 1 card of your choice.”

“Let’s see…” said Lullaby as she focused at her foe’s hand, “the one at the far right!”

“Ah, a most excellent choice…for me of course,” said Noland as he swiftly discarded it & the ground rumbled violently, “because you have now allowed me to summon Reign-Beaux, Overlord of Dark World in Attack Mode!” (2500/1800)

The ground finally bursted open as a giant fiend with a long spear-staff in his hands appeared on the field.

“When he is Special Summoned like this, I can destroy either all your monsters or all your Spell/Trap Cards…and I choose the first option. Use your Wave of Destruction!” said Noland as Reign-Beaux unleashed a stream of rainbow light at Lullaby’s side of the field to destroy all her monsters.

“Nice move, but I’m sure you know that when a Winged Kuriboh has been destroyed & sent to the Graveyard, all Battle Damage will be cancelled out,” said Lullaby.

“Seeing as I have nothing else to do, I set 1 card face-down & end my turn,” said Noland.

“I draw then,” said Lullaby, “since I have no monster now, I can Special Summon the Evil Hero Infernal Prodigy in Attack Mode.” (300/600)

An evil-looking humanoid in black armor appeared on the field.

“Now I can Release Infernal Prodigy to Advance Summon my Sky Scourge Invicil!” said Lullaby as Infernal Prodigy disappeared into a portal & a black angel with white afro-styled hair appeared. (2200/1600)

“Another one of those damned Sky Scourges!” cursed Benjamin.

“This one here is kind of like the black sheep of the Sky Scourges for its effect is based on the type monster Released for its Advance Summon,” explained Lullaby, “if a LIGHT Fairy monster was used, then all Spell Cards are frozen in place. Likewise, a DARK Fiend halts all Trap Cards.”

“Hmm…that means my face-down cards are now worthless,” thought Noland, “however, she would most likely strengthen her Invicil as I could easily destroy it on my next turn.”

“But I still have more tricks up here as I remove the 3 Winged Kuribohs & the Infernal Prodigy in my Graveyard from play to summon the final Sky Scourge to the field; I give you Sky Scourge Enrise!” (2400/1500)

A glowing portal of light appeared on the ground & the apparitions of the 3 Winged Kuribohs & Infernal Prodigy appeared hovering over it. An unknown force then pulls them all inside the portal & in a burst of light, a light angel with black pants appeared. It has long white hair styled in a mullet & its eyes were covered by a blindfold & a waist pouch strapped on, there was a glowing multi-coloured vortex on its stomach.

“Yet another poor Fairy who is swayed from its dogma towards the path of chaos,” proclaimed Benjamin, “someone in leagues with Ruin, I presume?”

“Without further ado, Enrise shall take down your Overlord Reign-Beaux. Chaos Blast!” commanded Lullaby.

An energy blast from Enrise’s belly button was launched at Reign-Beaux & it was destroyed almost instantly.

“But Reign-Beaux was stronger here!” exclaimed Benjamin.

“That was merely an effect of Enrise & it removes a face-up monster on the field from play,” said Lullaby, “but he couldn’t attack as proper this turn, but my Invicil sure can, Chaos Flux!”

Invicil formed an orb of energy in her arms & threw it at Noland himself.

Lullaby (LP: 3800) Noland (LP: 600)

Lullaby (LP: 3800) Noland (LP: 600)

“So how does it feel to be attacked directly & your Life Points are slowly draining off you,” said Lullaby, “I end my turn now.”

“So you’ve got me there good with that last turn, but I shall persevere!” said Noland as he drew, “and I activate Blasting Vein to dispose of 1 of my worthless Trap Cards for 2 new cards.”

1 of his face-down cards opened up to reveal Phantom of Darkness as it bursted into flames as Noland drew 2 more cards from his deck…2 cards that Noland took surprise to.

“Hmm…that could have saved your Overlord from getting removed from play if not for my Invicil’s effect,” remarked Lullaby.

“But there’s always a Plan B, I play Burial from a Different Dimension to return my Reign-Beaux to my graveyard,” said Noland as he slid the card back into the graveyard.

“What was that move all for?” wondered Lullaby.

“I summon my Phantom of Chaos in Attack Mode,” said Noland as a swirling black orb appeared on the field, (0/0) “and I can use its effect to remove a monster in my graveyard from play so that this card gains all its effects & Attack strength.”

The Phantom of Chaos swirled until it took the form of Reign-Beaux, Overlord of Dark World. (0/0~2500/0)

“Now I activate the Super Polymerization Quick-Play Spell Card!” announced Noland, “by discarding a card, I can Fusion Summon a Monster to the field by combining monsters on the field itself & this can’t be negated under all circumstances. Therefore, I fuse your Enrise with my Phantom of Chaos who has acquired Reign-Beaux’s name to summon Colorless, Chaos King of Dark World!” (?/0)

A gigantic vortex appeared over the sky & absorbed both Enrise & Phantom of Chaos into it. Lightning bolts were fired everywhere as a large pale half-angelic fiend with a spear-staff held with might in his arms.

“Colorless’ Attack is the combined Attacks of the 2 monsters used to fuse it,” said Noland, (?/0~4900/0) “and now he’ll attack your Sky Scourge Invicil with Chaos Obliteration!”

Powerful energy was formed up in Colorless’ spear & shot it at the neutral Sky Scourge to destroy it instantly.

[align=center]

Lullaby (LP: 1100) Noland (LP: 600)[/align]

“All monsters that my Colorless has destroyed will be removed from play,” said Noland, “I now end my turn.”

“I draw,” said Lullaby, “quite an impressive monster that one is, being able to remove monsters it destroyed in battle, inflicting trampling damage & negating card effects that affect him as you wish. I play Monster Reincarnation to take back my Enrise by discarding my Skelengel.”

She then discarded her Skelengel for the Sky Scourge of Light.

“And now I play the Flute of Hamelin to discard every other copy of Skelengel from our hands or decks,” said Lullaby, “though I doubt you would have any of them, but I sure do have…in fact 2 of them stored in reserve.”

Lullaby continued to discard the 2 copies of Skelengel away to the graveyard.

“Counting those 3 LIGHT Fairies with the DARK Fiend Norleras, she could summon back her Enrise,” said Benjamin, “but Colorless can negate an effect that affects it in anyway by removing 1 DARK Monster in the graveyard from play Kahhki, Bron & Celri are still in there.”

“By removing my 3 Skelengels & Sky Scourge Norleras from play, I can Special Summon my Sky Scourge Enrise to the field in Attack Mode!” proclaimed Lullaby as a portal appeared where in the aforementioned monsters appeared inside it as the fiendish angel appeared from it. (2400/1500)

“But you’re summoning a monster that is weaker than mine & whose effect can be countered easily, what are you planning?” questioned Noland.

“I proceed with the Spell Card called Soul Release to remove all your remaining monsters in the graveyard from play,” said Lullaby as the 3 Dark World monsters were removed from the graveyard, “now your Colorless is defenseless against my Enrise’s Chaos Blast!”

Enrise unleashed a blast from her stomach to destroy Colorless, however a new creature was revealed to have shown itself…Reign-Beaux, Overlord of Dark World. (2500/1800)

“But how…” exclaimed Lullaby.

“According to legend, Colorless was a powerful being who ruled over light & darkness. However, it was that power that eventually destroyed him, but his darkness grew into the creature we all dub as Reign-Beaux, Overlord of Dark World,” explained Noland, “in game terms, this means that I can Special Summon Reign-Beaux when Colorless has been removed from the field in anyway & Reign-Beaux is considered to have been summoned by its own method.”

Reign-Beaux suddenly launched a blast upon Enrise & destroyed it. The powerful fiend was heard laughing over this, apparently being satisfied for having avenged itself.

“Now you are left defenseless again,” said Noland.

“But I can still play my cards,” said Lullaby, “and I set the 2 cards face-down & I end my turn!”

“I draw,” said Noland, “and this is now over! I declare the attack of my Overlord Reign-Beaux, Waves of Destruction!”

“I activate Miraculous Descent, which I can Special Summon a Fairy Monster that is removed from play,” said Lullaby, “and I call back my Majestic Mech-Goryu!” (2900/1800)

Suddenly, a light beam emerging from the clouds shone upon the field & the dragon-like fairy descended from the light.

“But I still have Life Points to make it out alive,” said Noland.

“Ah, that is true…until I play this,” said Lullaby as her other face-down card also opened, “this is called Requiem Soul & I can use lower your monster’s Attack by 500 per every one of your monsters that are removed from play.” (2500/1800~1000/1800)

Reign-Beaux’s darkness-based attack connected with Goryu’s Thunder Roar, causing an explosion where in Reign-Beaux would be eradicated by the light itself as it proceeded to consume its opponent.

Lullaby (LP: 1100) Noland (LP: 0)

Lullaby (LP: 1100) Noland (LP: 0)

Due to his old age, it was common for Noland to collapse after a duel & this occasion was no exception to the rule. Lullaby & Benjamin both ran towards the fallen Noland to help him up.

“You should’ve never dueled! Look how torn out you’re now!” lectured Benjamin.

“Ha, ha…it doesn’t matter now,” said Noland, “but the fact that I lost is for real & I shall indulge to you the truth of the Genocide & how I was involved in the government’s silly games.”

“Do share then,” said Lullaby…

Inside the “Unborn World”, the Ally was standing over to see a visual of Lullaby’s duel & another visual depicting Charles getting ran over by a car. Just then, Lullaby came back to meet her liege.

“My liege, I have returned & acquired the needed information,” reported Lullaby.

“Excellent, my apprentice, now we shall reveal ourselves to She who reigns as the 1000th,” said the Ally as another portal appeared, “your information may even save a life & we shall save everything we ever cared for in that world as well.”

Both of them stepped inside the portal & they were gone soon.

A similar portal appeared at a less-frequented roadside and the Psychic duo walked out. Upon Lullaby’s notice, she found Charles leaning against a wall near the road in deep thought.

“I’m a murderer…yes…and no judgment was bestowed upon me…therefore…I SHALL INFLICT IT MYSELF!” thought Charles as he dashed across the road just when a car zoomed past.

Lullaby almost wanted to yell, but the Ally’s eyes glowed just as the car was merely inches away from taking Charles’ life. Suddenly, time seemed to have stopped for the car & surrounding area in general. Only Charles, Lullaby & the Ally remained conscious at the time. Charles himself was puzzled at what just happened.

“You are supposed to ram me down for my sins!” yelled Charles hysterically, “finish off the job for me!”

“Ah, but who doesn’t sin, Mr. Vi Aria,” said the Ally as he & Lullaby approached him, “like I’ve said before…We cannot change the past, but we can learn from it to save our future.”

“That line sounded so familiar somehow,” said Charles.

“Of course, I’ve said it yesterday,” said the Ally as he lifted up his hood to reveal his true face, “though age has caught me good long ago, but my features remained similar to my past self over the years.”

“And we can tell you what the Genocide is really about,” said Lullaby, “and I can assure you that your organization was only a pawn of the big game…”

Back at the car shop “Crazy Ed’s Crazy Wheelz”, Tyson, Mary & Darren were joined up with Penny, Clair & Marin at their request on their hunt for the missing Charles. Despite the extra help, the search was still fruitless.

“Where can a grown-up man go?” questioned Darren.

“When one is guilt-ridden, they will go commit suicide to satisfy themselves,” answered Tyson, only to be whacked by Mary.

“Bite your tongue! Try saying something not so offending next time!” scolded Mary.

“And besides, I am a strong man, why would I go do such a dumb thing?” inquired a familiar voice, which belonged to Charles as he walked towards with Lullaby & the Ally.

“The Ally!” exclaimed Clair, “but why does he look like…Fuyuki?”

“That girl!” exclaimed Clair & Penny, “she’s working for Arcadius!”

“That’s because I am Fuyuki Kutsusukio, the same person you had saved from the mind-controlled Dox ages ago,” replied The Ally, “but still refer me as the Ally under all circumstances lest we start a paradox & that would be very bad.”

“And my full name is Lullaby de Arcadiatte, the last living member of the Arcadias Clan thought to be extinct by the Black Death,” introduced Lullaby.

“But the Black Death was like…in the 1400-hundreds!” exclaimed Darren.

“We of the Mandate defy time & space itself, which is our true allegiance,” explained the Ally, “and I shall now tell you the truth…”

“What truth?” asked Clair?

“Everything that is happening now & happened in the past…” said the Ally, “our identities...the Genocide…Liberion’s accession… the eventual crippling of the world’s nation…the final confrontation between Man & Psychics…and your destiny in all of that…”

Sky Scourge Enrise

LIGHT/Fairy-Effect/LV 8/ATK 2400/DEF 1500

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing from play 3 LIGHT Fairy-Type monsters and 1 DARK Fiend-Type monster in your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 face-up monster on the field. If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack during this turn.

Lullaby: Today’s Card is a member of the Sky Scourge series…the Sky Scourge Enrise! This particular monster is more specifically dubbed as “The Heir of Genesis” due to its effect being the same as the ultimate rare & highly-coveted Black Luster Soldier-Envoy of the Beginning. So, Enrise can remove 1 face-up monster on the field from play, but he could attack on that turn too.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Clair: Ally, what is the truth of everything? And why are you Fuyuki?

The Ally: Ah, milady, you have so many questions & I have so many answers to fill up the blanks here. Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 66-Behind the Iron Veil! The truth is not really what we want to hear, but this must be done as per the will of Mana.

“I’m sure that you knew of Ginat Germ’s effect that burns you if you actually destroyed it,”

Oops on "Giant" Germ, aahh well.

“Since Bron was equipped with Big Bang Shot, it is now removed from play,” said Noland

Big Bang Shot Rulings: When the monster equipped with "Big Bang Shot" is destroyed, and "Big Bang Shot" is destroyed as a result of this, the equipped monster is not removed from play.

Meh

ANYWAY, despite those slight errors, it was a good chapter, and I quite liked seeing Colorless in action!

And soon we'll see the future... Wonder what it will be like...

Anyway, great chapter.

“I’m sure that you knew of Ginat Germ’s effect that burns you if you actually destroyed it' date='”

Oops on "Giant" Germ, aahh well.

“Since Bron was equipped with Big Bang Shot, it is now removed from play,” said Noland

Big Bang Shot Rulings: When the monster equipped with "Big Bang Shot" is destroyed, and "Big Bang Shot" is destroyed as a result of this, the equipped monster is not removed from play.

Meh

ANYWAY, despite those slight errors, it was a good chapter, and I quite liked seeing Colorless in action!

And soon we'll see the future... Wonder what it will be like...

Anyway, great chapter.

[/quote']

not really the future,but the past that leads to the present

anyone who travels back in time is too dumb to reveal the secrets or else there will be a paradox that will destroy the whole universe

[spoiler=Ch 66-Behind the Iron Veil]

Following the words that the Ally…or rather Fuyuki Kutsusukio, 1 of Clair’s friends, everyone around him was overwhelmed by the revelation. Clair, Penny & Marin were in disbelief over the confession made, where else the other normal humans were uncertain of the situation itself. Only Lullaby was calm towards those words.

“As I had foreseen, you lot would be in shock over what I had just said, but I shall fill in all your queries…but this applies on to Ms Kinet, Ms Dales & Mr. Defleto,” said the Ally.

With a wave of the Ally’s hand, the area around him wrapped into darkness. Only Lullaby, Clair, Penny & Marin were there along side with the aged enigmatic Psychic.

“In here where it is undisturbed by anything under creation, we shall discuss on the truth,” said the Ally, “like I have said before, I am indeed Fuyuki…the very same Fuyuki whom you had rescued from that grunt along with Marco.”

“If that were true, then why…” asked Clair.

“Ah, a Psychic’s powers grow over time & will gradually evolve to become stronger. An example would be how Ace had managed to create powerful tornadoes,” explained the Ally, “and my powers were no longer merely just seeing through time & space, but being able to move freely along them & I eventually corrupted my own growth rate, which rendered me accelerated in terms of age…I’m really just 34 years old counting from my time.”

“And I am Lullaby de Arcadiatte,” introduced Lullaby, “my family were an elite Psychic family based in the Roman Empire. When I was about to be engaged & sent to marry a member of a noble Psychic family called Hector Yew, my family was being massacred & so would I if not for the Ally, who saved me from death. However, Hector Suez was driven towards insanity over this & vowed revenge as he created poisons within his body & spent his remaining life to release them out in the air & the waters…and he killed himself for that cause…”

“And that led to the Black Death…that’s something I never came to think about,” remarked Penny.

“If you look deep enough, you will find that every oddity seen in both written & unwritten histories being related to Psychics to any extent,” said the Ally, “but let’s get to the point here…with the past that was 10 years ago…”

“So what really happened back then?” asked Clair.

“It was at that time when the Psychics were exposed to the public & governments soon grew suspicious about them…but they were fools in their right,” said the Ally, “the United States of America was the one country who talked the rest of the world into the Genocide, unaware of the Confederacy, a foe long-forgotten foe. The Confederacy’s leader was a close friend of a Psychic noble, but he chose to betray his friend for more power. But for now, let us enjoy the following show.”

“What show?” questioned Penny as the area around them wrapped again.

Suddenly, the scene around them changed into a small ruined town where a brawl of some kind occurred. Dead bodies were piled up everywhere, but there were a few living people there. There was this one person who was fighting against a group of 10 people. The single man was wearing a white suit with an emblem of an eye inside a pair of wings & held a sword of iron, where else the group all wore army uniforms & held rifles, ready to gun down the man.

“That symbol…it’s the Emblem for the Holy Arcadius Empire!” exclaimed Marin, “but who could it be…not many would dare to don it on their person…unless…”

“He is the 3rd High Knight of the 998th Great Overmind whom you all know as Overmind Liberion AKA Severus Kinet,” said the Ally, “be free to speak for this is but a memory of the past which I can control freely & he is now fighting in the 1st Conflict, Siege of Psychic Sanctuary Sector 58.”

As the soldiers fired their guns at him, Severus leaped away from the danger & kicked away 1 of the soldiers. When on the ground again, he stroked his sword once & flames began to engulf the entire blade, making it hot & red. The soldiers took notice & fired again. But Severus continued to leap & kill off the soldiers one by one.

“Wow, your dad rocks!” exclaimed Penny.

As he finally slain the last living soldier, a tank approached towards Severus himself. However, Severus formed flames around him into the shape of a dragon & directed the burning mass to attack the tank. In a few moments, the flaming dragon collided into the tank & burnt it to the ground.

“A true & absolute patriot is Severus Kinet, but what happened during the Genocide along with the duties of a High Knight & Overmind eventually eroded his character, becoming a man wishing to bring his kind to peace & power as we once had before,” said Lullaby, “but the Tragedy of the Golden Ages proved otherwise when the world nearly fell apart.”

“But that allowed us to be aware of a High Knight’s importance within the hierarchy of Arcadius, he would be an enforcer of Mana while the Overmind himself embodies the power of Mana,” explained the Ally, “following this philosophy, the High Knight is not a servant of the Overmind, but his own person & the only one allowed to follow his full freewill. Therefore, Marin’s betrayal is not a matter of prosecution.”

“I see, but it still feels strange doing all this revolution and all…” said Marin.

“Severus went through the same ordeal too & only came out stronger,” said the Ally, “following the Genocide where weapons were wasted on the Psychics, various groups like the Confederacy, Republic of Taiwan, Non-Han Alliance & many others took the chance to strike & the whole world itself split apart in the process. But, we need a new Overmind to take over the remaining Psychics & the Mandate had sent me & Lullaby to this timeline for that mission.”

“But what is this Mandate?” asked Marin.

“The Mandate is a smaller Psychic organization, founded shortly after the Tragedy of the Golden Ages to stabilize Arcadius & prevent wrongful people to rule Arcadius,” said the Ally, “so I rescued Severus from his near-death experience & sealed him up inside a life support system that would keep him alive & his identity a secret.”

“But if you knew he would do all this, why did you still do such things?” snapped Clair.

“Because the Psychics were scarce at that time & needed to hear what they wanted about dealing with those who slaughtered them without thought,” said the Ally, “I’m sorry about those words, but seeing all of history for the majority of my life had quite an effect on my worldly views.”

“But now, the world is now threatened by the power of your father, Clair & you must stop him at all costs,” said Lullaby.

“Who? Me?” exclaimed Clair, “there’s no way that…”

“I can tell that you possess qualities of a great & just Overmind at first sight many years ago…or was that a few months back now…” said the Ally, “but are you willing to protect all your friends, both human & Psychics?”

“Well…if I could grant all a gentle world…then I’ll take up the job…” said Clair.

“No…it’s a duty & something that I believe that you & only you can achieve…a Psychic who was raised by humans & showered by their love…now go for it…” said the Ally & bring us the world we all had dreamt of.”

Suddenly, all of them found themselves back on a street in nighttime. As they had noticed, the Ally & Lullaby were missing already, but they were really spying them from the balcony of a nearby building.

“Clair, no matter what you do, I’ll always stand by your side,” said Penny.

“And I shall give you my all to your quest of accession,” said Marin.

“Excellent, the regime of the 1000th Overmind is about to begin & a new revolution is born underneath the cover of destruction,” said the Ally.

“In the name of Mana, may peace reign over humanity for all time, unlike the Tragedy of the Golden Ages or the fate of my family,” prayed Lullaby.

Inside a rental motel room, Venus was sleeping on her bed peacefully. However, she began to turn over her position & looked frightened. She suddenly woke up & was shocked.

“No…did he return…” wondered Venus, “but I had him banished…”

As she said that, a mirror that was placed directly in front of her changed the reflection into a large dark form with 2 glowing blood red eyes. Venus looked even more frightened at the newly-changed image.

“Rule No. 1 of demon exorcism, as long as the demon is not destroyed in a fair competition via direct attacks, they will still remain in the mortal world as something…” said the dark image as a demonic arm grabbed Venus & pulled her out of bed & into the mirror.

Meanwhile, inside the confines of the sky fortress’ throne room, Overmind Liberion was standing tall & aloft as Hashim & Ryo both knelt before him.

“Ryo Worth, I have seen potential within you & I hereby grant you the status as Knight of Arcadius where you shall serve as my enforcer for my cause,” said Liberion.

“I understand, my Lord,” replied Ryo.

“And now for your…” proclaimed Liberion, but he was disrupted by Oblivia & a large hulking form that carried an unconscious Venus in its arms.

“I beg for your pardon, Your Majesty, but we have achieved the required task that you had instructed us with,” said Oblivia as she gave a slight bow, “and the modifications done to Hamatsujin has been a huge success in my department too.”

“Say, who’s the chick & that sleeping beauty should be that Cyber Knight Duelist…what a fine catch there…” commented Ryo as he went on to stroke Venus’ arm.

“Hands off the bait!” grumbled Hamatsujin, “she is reserved for another purpose & mine to use!”

“If you can fulfill my requests, I shall send you this girl as your reward,” said Liberion, “but now, I understand that Ryo is devoid of a deck, but I have a deck all already fro your use.”

From his very pockets, he took out a set of 40 cards & looked at them seriously. He then tossed towards Ryo, who caught them in his arms & took a peep at them.

“Say…those monsters…they are said to be…well…” stuttered Ryo.

“Cursed, is that not what you wish to say?” implied Liberion, “a true Psychic would not be frightened by the Shadow Beasts for they serve us as our comrades. Blake made the mistake when he used Advanced Dark & continuing with that in all his duels, where else Marin would bring the Signer Dragons to his will.”

“If you believe I can handle with this, I shall accept the deck then,” said Ryo as he kept the deck in his pocket.

“Now, I shall organize a small group to counter my main threats & that girl shall be the bait,” said Liberion, “and its member shall be Hamatsujin, Oblivia, Lullaby & for the first time…Ryo.”

“Thank you, Your Majesty for such an honor to enforce your rule,” said Ryo.

“And sir…I had noticed that Lullaby had been missing for a while & we still haven’t found her…I personally believe she had deserted us by now,” said Oblivia.

“Well, I have no need for her anyways! Lunette shall fill in the role for Lullaby,” declared Liberion, “she might be a little weak, but her uncle always wanted her to succeed in Arcadius someday…and that ‘someday’ will be today.”

“I shall fetch her right away then,” said Oblivia as she left the room.

“Everyone else, take leave by my orders!” ordered Liberion.

His command was so powerful that all of them quickly scurried out of the throne room, following Oblivia.

“Everything is coming together now,” proclaimed Liberion as he gazed at his medallion, “with the world thrown into a frenzy due to my speech & as my specialist team roots out all threats, I shall be the victor in the end when we can all see Utopia again…and I can see Cassandra & Seymour & the others again…”

As Liberion gazed into his medallion, he noticed that something in his pocket was glowing. By that reaction, he took it out to see it. It was his Chaos Emperor Dragon, the card that the Ally had given him during his divination.

“The Chaos Emperor Dragon…a dreaded beat who destroys all…because of its tremendous power that people feared it so much…” said Liberion, “but destruction is necessary if creation were to be allowed upon this hopeless world…”

Chaos Emperor Dragon

DARK/Dragon-Effect/LV 8/ATK 3000/DEF 2500

Game Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard. By paying 1000 Life Points, send all cards in both players' hands and on the field to the Graveyard. Inflict 300 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points for each card that is sent to the Graveyard by this effect.

Symbolic Meaning: A great beast who heralds destruction of the Wicked World in flames of chaos that shall engulf all of creation. With the world baptized by fire, renewed purity shall rise from the ashes of the wicked masses.

Liberion: The Card of the Day is something you’ve seen before, the Chaos Emperor Dragon. This card was what that represented my fortunes as a destroyer of the wicked world. Once my plans succeed, I shall sow the seeds of peace & love into remnants of the world & give rise to a new Arcadius Empire!

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Marco: Venus, she’s missing & I saw some weird vision of…Hamatsujin…but he looks different somehow…Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 67-Vendetta!

Obivia: Between the genius that is me & your raw power, there is no equal & my work shall subdue you once & for all!

Archived