Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind (FINISHED)

Wyhe

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the possible happening for the next ch.

(A man appears in front of Penny's house)

(Curtis blocking out his parents)

(Curtis & the man began to duel)

(The man looking desperate at his duel)

@ Kale: Thanks for the flaw-noticing.

@ Skuldur: that guy's on the character list already,so figure it out.

@ Future Emperor: Thanks!

@ Aximil: hope you like.

Also, I put up a small quiz to pass time.

Anyone who can figure out the meaning behind the different chapters of my fanfic & gain 1 rep + 20 points

So, go figure out the 2 chapters that I already have here.

1st chapter-Clair have to duel the Lightsworns to see daylight, thus fight for the light

2nd chapter-Clair need to conquer Exodia which was considered as unbeatable,thus Beat the Unbeatable

Enough of that,let's proceed to chapter 3 that I made yesterday. (I would have posted it earlier if only my computer didn't crash down.)

Ch. 3-Bitter Sweet Vanilla

Ch. 3-Bitter Sweet Vanilla

A clear white car sped throughout the highways of Oregerogia, as if its driver were to attend an important matter that involved the safety of the world. Indeed it was, its driver was confirmed that it was the case. As he drove, memories of his past flashed before his eyes.

The man was holding a pistol & shot several people along with other men in police uniforms. The people were all fleeing in fear, but a few stood & fought back. 1 of them unleashed a fireball from his hands & thrust it at an officer, who was burnt as a result. The only sound heard from him was a loud cry before it began to die out as he was reduced into ashes. The man was furious at the group of Psychics & quickly got into his car & rammed it over the Psychics. Simultaneously, he opened up the car window to shoot the Psychics too. His car was turned from a pure shade of white to 1 filled with red stains here & there & his face was crimson red, either by the blood or his own rage. His other surviving colleagues saw the whole thing & had shown fearful expressions in their faces…

The man was driving in the night & he saw 2 teenagers taking food from the garbage in the back alleys. Thus, he pulled over & approached them. As he got close enough, he took out his pistol & shot them at blank-point. The man had a sadistic look on his face.

The man was in a police headquarters where he is talking to his superior when he suddenly snapped.

“What do you mean by this!” snapped the man.

“Sorry, Norman,” said the superintendent, “but you’re a bit mental to be frank. You were ordered to kill the Psychics, but last night, you killed off 2 innocent boys who weren’t Psychics.”

“So what!” Norman shouted at the comment, “they might be helping the Psychics, that’s also against the law now.”

“You’re just way too dangerous,” said the superintendent, “I have to…fire you.”

However, Norman didn’t take that lightly. His face was twisted with anger & grabbed out his pistol & shot the superintendent as revenge. The other officers in the scene saw this & attempted to apprehend Norman. But, Norman fled the station immediately to set off…

“One day…one day,” Norman muttered to himself while driving, “I’ll kill all those damned Psychics & all those even think of allying with them.”

Norman’s car stopped at Penny’s house that he believed that the Psychic girl lived in. He checked his pistol for bullets & loaded them all. Before he left, he took out a smallcylintrical device. . When he was the door, he took out a small cylindrical device & placed it at the door while he retreated back to his car as he cuffed his ears with his hands.

“Boom!”was the only sound heard.

The door was then blasted open by the tremendous force. It also startled the alarm of its residents. Soon, the remaining people all ran out to see the commotion. Curtis took immediate notice at the stranger near their house.

“Who are you?” Curtis inquired as he stretched out his arms to protect his parents.

“I’m Norman White, boy,” said Norman in an unusually calm demeanour, “and I’m here to apprehend the Psychic girl who lives here.”

“No way, bastard!” cried Layla.

Norman was taken aback by the comment & prepared to take something out of his pocket. Louis took quick to his actions & reacted quickly.

“Now, now, let’s not nasty,” said Louis, “Norman, do you duel?”

“Now that you mentioned it, I do know duelling,” said Norman as he placed his hand out of his pocket.

“If so, we’ll let this be decided by a duel then,” said Louis, “you against my eldest son, Curtis.”

“I’ll go get a Duel Disk,” said Curtis as he returned back to his room.

Soon, Curtis & Norman faced each other at the family backyard which doubles as a duel arena of sorts. Curtis was holding a standard Duel Disk, where else Norman strapped on a small device which resembles the deck holder compartment of a Duel Disk. With a push of a button, the device unfolded to form card zones of a Duel Disk. In a few seconds, it morphed to resemble a Duel Disk more.

“A Compact Disk!” thought Curtis, “he must be no amateur.”

Norman (LP: 4000) (Curtis (LP: 4000)

Norman (LP: 4000) (Curtis (LP: 4000)

“Since I’m older than you, boy,” said Norman, “I’ll start first with a draw…& the Normal Summon of Gene Warped Warwolf in ATK mode!” (ATK: 2000)

As he placed the card down, a bipedal beast with 4 arms appeared.

“What! A Level 4 monster with 2000 ATK, there’s gotta be a catch with that guy,” Louis exclaimed.

“You wish,” said Norman, “for my Warwolf has no effects whatsoever, like all the other creatures in my deck.”

“Why would you play a deck like that?” asked Curtis.

“If you ever read your Duel Monsters history, you would find out that Pegasus first designed the Normal Monsters, “ answered Norman, “In fact, even the greatest duelist play Normal Monsters as their trump cards, like Yugi Moto, Seto Kaiba, Joey Wheeler, Jaden Yuki & Chazz Princeton.”

“Guess you got a point there,” said Curtis as he nodded his head, “enough of your lecture, let’s get back to the duel here.”

“I was getting to that once I play Heart of the Underdog & 2 face-down cards,” Norman said as he placed the cards down.

“Well then, it’s my turn now, “Curtis said as he drew his card, “I summon the Marauding Captain in ATK mode.” (ATK: 1200)

The warrior then appeared & held out his sword.

“By his own effect, I can call out another monster as long as its Level 4 or below, “and I call forth a fighter of destiny…Destiny Hero-Doom Lord!” (ATK: 600)

Out of darkness, a cloaked warrior with 2 big claws as hands appeared.

“Destiny Heroes?” Norman inquired as he was puzzled by its appearance, “but I thought only Aster Phoenix & his descendants hold them.”

“You’re not really updated, are you,” mocked Curtis, “according to Aster’s will when he passed away, it was stated in black & white that allowed Industrial Illusions to mass produce the Destiny Heroes, except for the Ultimate & Final Destiny Cards, which Aster deemed to have contained the very essence of destiny’s power.”

“Now, I’ll use his effect to banish your wolf into the future…Turn 5 of this duel, to be precise, “Doom Lord, use your Impending Doom Grip on that wolf!”

Doom Lord charged at the Warwolf & the Warwolf charged at Doom Lord too. When the 2 monsters were close enough, Doom Lord grabbed the Warwolf & it disappeared immediately.

“Since you’re all clear, I can attack you directly,” Curtis said as the Captain struck Norman with his sword.

Norman (LP: 2800) (Curtis (LP: 4000)

Norman (LP: 2800) (Curtis (LP: 4000)

“I’ll end my turn with a face-down card,” said Curtis as he slid his card.

“My turn,” said Norman as he drew out his card.

“Bingo!” thought Norman.

He then showed the card he drew to his opponent & the audience watching. It was a monster card with a yellow border that depicted a centaurian reptile holding a sword.

“What’s with showing us your card?” asked Layla sheepishly.

“Of course! It’s that card, Heart of the Underdog.” exclaimed Curtis, “If he ever draws out a normal monster, like that Alien Shocktrooper, during his Draw Phase, he can show that card to us & draw again.”

As such, Norman drew again & revealed the card, which was a sapphire blue dragon (Luster Dragon) . He drew again & revealed it to be a vicious-looking dog-like creature (Mad Dog of Darkness) . He drew yet again & showed to it to be a malicious bestial warrior (Vorse Raider) . He drew again, but this time, he stopped.

“Since this one ain’t a normal monster, I will stop drawing,” said Norman, “but in my Draw Phase, I activate the Jar of Greed.”

The trap card opened & a jar depicted in the card appeared as well before it dispersed into particles.

“That means 1 more card for me,” Norman said as he showed us the card, “since I just got the normal monster Gemini Elf, I can draw again.”

Therefore, he drew again & stopped.

“Even if I stop my assembly of my army, that doesn’t mean that you’re not in the clear yet,” said Norman, “I move on to my first Main Phase, where I play the Pot of Greed.”

He played the card & the evil-looking pot appeared & dispersed into particles just like the Jar of Greed.

“That means 2 new cards for me,” Norman said as he inspected his hand, “& now I summon the Mad Dog of Darkness.” (ATK: 1900)

A deranged dog then appeared onto the field, growling at Curtis & his 2 monsters.

“I also play Double Summon to summon Alien Shocktrooper.” (ATK: 1900)

Then, the first card he drew this turn appeared, ready to attack at any moment.

“To make things better…for me, I play the spell card D.D.R,” said Norman as he discarded the Gemini Elf.

“What’s that suppose to be mean?” asked Layla, “Dance Dance Revolution?”

When the others heard her comment, Curtis & Norman fell to the ground while Louis sweatdropped.

“No, it translates to Different Dimension Reincarnation & by discarding a card, I can special summon 1 monster that has been removed from play…like my Warwolf (ATK: 2000),” said Norman as the card appeared & a vortex opened in the ground & the Warwolf returned with a bloodlust look in his eyes, “You know what this means, I’m gonna attack you here & now. Go, my army!” Norman commanded as his army of monsters prepare to strike, starting with the Shocktrooper, who galloped towards the Captain.

“Not so fast!” Curtis said, “I activate Draining Shield to absor…”

“Not when I activate this, the Counter Trap called Tripwire!” Norman called as his face-down card opened & the Draining Shield card disappeared.

“Where did it go?” saked Curtis who was shocked at what happened.

“Back to your deck,” answered Norman, “& until you draw that card again, you can’t play it again. Now that your trap’s gone, I can destroy your Captain.”

As he said that, the Alien fighter slashed the Captain, but he blocked it with his sword. However, it broke into shards & the attack connected with his destruction.

Then, the Warwolf punched Doom Lord & destroyed it, seemingly as a sign of revenge. The Mad Dog also jumped in the action & he pounced on Curtis himself.

Norman (LP: 2800) (Curtis (LP: 700)

Norman (LP: 2800) (Curtis (LP: 700)

“I play Infinite Cards to keep my army at standby & that’s all for me,” Norman said, “though I suggest that you give up now, there’s no way you could win.”

“I can’t lose this duel, mom & dad’s safety rested on my shoulders,” thought Curtis, “Heart of the Cards, help me…where ever you are.”

“It’s my turn & I draw!” cried Curtis as he drew out his card.

“Bingo!” thought Curtis, “I could win this.”

“I now summon Queen’s Knight,” (ATK: 1500) said Curtis as the female knight in red armour appeared, “I also play Double Spell & discard D-Burst to borrow your Double Summon, which I’ll use it for King’s Knight.” (ATK: 1600)

Then, a knight clad in orange armour appeared, followed by another knight in blue armour.

“What’s that guy doing there?” inquired Norman.

“That’s Jack Knight, (ATK: 1900) A Level 5 monster can be summoned automatically if I have both knights on the field,” Curtis explained as he pointed to his 3 knights, “now I play the Normal Spell Card called Destiny Masquerade.”

The card appeared, depicting a Marauding Captain with his arm bulging with muscles in the foreground & the silhouette of Dreadmaster behind him.

“By sending 1 Destiny Hero to the graveyard, I can allow my Jack’s Knight to assume its identity for this turn,” said Curtis, “so I send Dasher to the graveyard & Jack’s Knight is now known as Destiny Hero-Dasher.”

He took out his deck to find Dasher & slid it into the graveyard & Jack’s Knight glowed with a dark aura.

“Now I Release my 3 monsters for my best card…Destiny Hero-Dogma!”(ATK: 3400) cried Curtis as his 3 knights melded into a single portal & a winged being appeared it, “Dogma will take out your Mad Dog with Dogma Dagger Dash!”

As his master commanded, Dogma thrust his right arm which held a dagger & slashed the Dog, thus destroying it.

Norman (LP: 1500) (Curtis (LP: 700)

Norman (LP: 1500) (Curtis (LP: 700)

“But that’s not all,” said Curtis, “because I remove from play the card I discarded for Double Spell, its called D-Burst & it allows a Destiny Hero to go for another round although it loses 1000 ATK.”

Dogma glowed as his power is decreased (ATK: 3400~2400) & slashed his dagger at the Alien

Norman (LP: 1000) (Curtis (LP: 700)

Norman (LP: 1000) (Curtis (LP: 700)

“I place 1 card face-down & that’s all for me…for now,” said Curtis.

“With my Magical Cylinder set, I can stop anything that he could throw at my Dogma,” Curtis thought, “I would like to see how he can deal with this.”

“Then it ought to be my turn now,” said Norman as he drew his card & revealed it to be a demon holding a sword. (Archfiend Soldier) Then, he drew again & showed it to resemble a dinosaur frozen in ice. (Frostosaurus) He drew again, but stopped this time. Suddenly, Dogma unleashed a wave of energy towards Norman. But, before the blast connected, Dogma was destroyed & the energy wave dispersed.

“What’s going on?” Curtis exclaimed, “Dogma should have blasted half of his Life Points away by now!”

“Yeah, he would have…” Norman said, “if I hadn’t just drew out the Quick-Play Spell Card called Effect Shut which destroys any Effect Monster that is activating its effect. You thought that I didn’t know the effect of 1 of Aster Phoenix’s trump cards. But look at your field, it’s open for an attack from my Warwolf & that’ll end things for sure.”

“That’s what he thinks,” Curtis thought as he smiled, “Magical Cylinder will ensure that I’ll have the last laugh.”

“That fellow’s still smiling!” thought Norman, “He’s either crazy or that face-down card could stop me…but we’ll see about that. Heh-heh-heh…”

Norman took out a pistol gun & directed it towards where Louis & Layla were sitting. Everyone there was shocked at what happened, especially Curtis.

“What’s the meaning of this?” snapped Curtis.

“Simple, I can’t let you win,” Norman said coldly, “It’s for the sake of the world.”

“What do you mean by that?” asked Layla.

“That Psychic girl!” shouted Norman, “she’s a threat to everyone. Someday, she’ll kill & exterminate everyone! But my point is that when my wolf attacks, you better don’t do anything or else…”

Norman aimed at Louis’ arm which was reaching for a phone in his pocket & fired.

“Dad!” shouted Curtis.

“That’s only the beginning & I’ll not miss next time when I shoot the lady’s brains out,” said Norman as he held his gun at Layla.

“If I let his monster attack me now, I’ll lose & we’ll be doomed.” Thought Curtis, “but if I activate my trap, Mom’s history by then. What’ll I do now?”

“Warwolf, attack that boy with Malicious Maul Attack!” Norman commanded.

The Warwolf charged at Curtis & slashed him.

Norman (LP: 1000) (Curtis (LP: 0)

Norman (LP: 1000) (Curtis (LP: 0)

Curtis then knelt down & wept…not because he lost. It was rather the fact that he couldn’t protect his loved ones.

Suddenly, a thick smoke appeared & covered the area. Curtis, Louis & Layla all fell asleep by the gas, where else Norman, who was wearing a gas mask, remained conscious.

“Excellent,” said Norman with satisfaction as he picked up Curtis’ handphone, “phase 1 is complete & phase 2 will proceed from here onwards.”

The 3 girls, Clair, Penny & Miora, were strolling along the park when Clair suddenly had a headache…

“Warwolf, attack that boy with Malicious Maul Attack!” Norman commanded.

The Warwolf charged at Curtis & slashed him.

Suddenly, a thick smoke appeared & covered the area. Curtis, Louis & Layla all fell asleep by the gas, where else Norman, who was wearing a gas mask, remained conscious.

“Ahhh!” cried Clair as she returned to reality & panted heavily.

“Clair, are you alright?” asked Penny.

“I…think…so,” said Clair, “I think we should go home now. Curtis & the others are in danger.”

“No way,” Penny said when her phone rang.

“Hello?” asked Penny.

“Penny Dales, if you want to see your family again, bring Clair Kinet to Warehouse 13 on the outskirts or they’ll suffer badly…” said a voice.

After the call, Penny grew grim & she took off.

“Let’s go to Warehouse 13 on the outskirts now!” shouted Penny.

As such, the other 2 girls also followed suit. They might not be clear on what happened, but they knew that it was urgent & now wasn’t the time for words.

Unbeknownst to the 3 girls who were running to save their people, 2 people were looking at them from a distance. 1 of them was the gangster whom Miora beat earlier, while the other guy seemed to be his leader.

“So that’s the babe who wiped the floor with you & Zaborg, eh,” asked the man, “frankly speaking, I’m not impressed that you got beaten by a girl.”

The gangster was speechless due to his shame & dared not to talk back.

“But she had guts when she faced you,” said the man, “I think I should pound them all to the ground & teach them a lesson on the status quo. Seal off their paths, so that they’ll find their way into my territory.”

As he commanded, the gangster ran off to fulfil his leader’s order.

Card of the Day

Gene-Warped Warwolf

EARTH/Beast-Warrior-Normal/LV 4/ATK 2000/DEF 100

This warwolf was given incalculable strength through horrific genetic manipulation. Its gentle nature was completely wiped out, and it now lives only to unleash destruction.

Norman: Let me explain to you guys about my favourite card. It was just a common wolf that was altered on the genetic scale by an unknown organisation & was reborn as a unstoppable fighting machine. With 2000 attack points that can be Normal Summoned without Releases or any drawbacks, it’s the ultimate beatstick anywhere.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Info on the Next Chapter

Penny: Hurry, my family’s waiting for us!

Leader: Slow down. You ain’t going anywhere without getting through me first.

Gangster: Go Boss! Teach that girl a lesson.

Miora: To let us advance to our goals, I must do this.

Leader: Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key to the Mind! Chapter 4-Grudge Match! You can’t win, girl. That’s what you get when you mess with the big fish.

(The 3 girls running, as if in a hurry)

(The gangster & his leader facing the 3 girls in the alley)

(A light retreated to the leader’s deck & another light comes out of it)

(Monster cards sliding out of the graveyard slot)

Awesome. I loved the duel. And, I get to duel again next chapter.

Oh, and for the quiz for this chapter. I would like to guess it. It was a bitter win because Norman pretty much cheated to win. But, it was still a sweet victory for him. And, now the vanilla part. Normal Monsters are often called Vanillas. Am I close?

Cool! I like this chapter!

Does this one have the trivia if so it's bitter sweet vannila because of Gene-Warped Warwolf, its a Normal monster AKA a vannilla Monster. I think thats it anyways.

Cant wait for chapter for chapter 4

nice new chapter!

But there was one thing: you said your card (can't remember name) that allowed dogma to attack twice was in the grave from graceful charity, but I didnt recall charity being used in this duel...

Did I just miss it?

Anywho, good chapter my friend. ^_^

Like Aximil said, vanilla came from the fact that normal monsters AKA vanillas were in this & the bitter sweet part refers to the very gruesome nature of this chapter.

They not only include the duel's win, but also Norman's life & how it & subsequently himself turned bitter & harsh. He'll be elaborated when he meets Clair.

nice new chapter!

But there was one thing: you said your card (can't remember name) that allowed dogma to attack twice was in the grave from graceful charity' date=' but I didnt recall charity being used in this duel...

Did I just miss it?

Anywho, good chapter my friend. ^_^

[/quote']

Yeah, I intended for Graceful Charity in a earlier draft but switched to Double Spell since it connects more.

I like the chapter, pity Norman had to resort to cheating :(. Aahh well, it shows how far he is willing to go, and by the looks of what he is thinking, he would kill over half the world, or go through hell and back again.

So yeah, pretty good. Coils within coils, both sides of this war don't want them alive it seems.

O.O! I like this chapter. XD

Oh that Norman, bad boy bad boy, I hope my character will teach him a lesson, maybe making feel the same pain the other felt, MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Well, nevermind, and one more thing that quizzes you do are awesome, I never had thought about it, well done. XD

shame my guy got captured at chapter 1' date='

Nice chapters btw,

when will marco return?

[/quote']

actually its before chapter 1...and according to my story plan out,he'll come into the scene once Clair goes into the Pro Leagues which will occur after her duel with Norman.

Archived