Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind (FINISHED)

Wyhe

Wow... you were serious about the prizes?

LOL

Yah' date=' i enjoy making obscure chapter references

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4068119/7/Remnants_of_Power

Not the most obscure, but meh.

Necross? i dunno, he has a lot of flaws to exploit... Then again, it is just another tactic if others fail, what could go wrong?

[/quote']

For now...after next chapter,I may stop with it to keep my own points

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably a smart thing to do' date=' maybe occasionly though, maybe every several chapters, or on chapters so obscure you have to read an essay to remember why you named it that.

e.g. (not the best, but meh) I named a deck destruction deck "Lie Blade". Think you can figure out why?

[/quote']

blade refers to fighting,so I guess that it's ot something to do with battling.

interesting new chapter. But when exoduus was forced to attack hoplomus, wouldnt that trigger his effect to send a monster to the graveyard, thus upping his attack to 3000 and destroying hoplomus?

But she won anyway, so it doesn't really matter that much....

Very interesting fan fic youve got here.

Great! Another fanfic that has wowed me with the story. I like things like this.

I have...I'm so touched & amazed by this comment.

Oh, Whye. A mere comment is nothing. I could give you 2000 reps and it wouldn't be enough to show my thanks. After all, you made me a better writer.

Anyway back on topic.

That chapter, I really liked. I enjoyed that alot, thanks. I can't wait to find out what happens next, sorry if i'm pushing you here but your too good at this.

Behold...I give you Chapter 5 now.

Ch 5-Monster Racism

Ch 5-Monster Racism

The evening scenery of the Oregeorogian outskirts was quite beautiful, if not for the warehouses built near the area. The 3 girls were in no mood to see the scenery since they had to find Warehouse 13 for lives were at stake. Clair suddenly felt another vision, coming at her again.

Clair found herself by the bank of a foggy lake. A few metres away from her, a battle was taking. An Egyptian man wearing heavy robes was there. What made him stand out was that he wore a pedant with a golden key around his neck & a golden scale that had the Eye of Wdjat on it. Standing next to him was a jackal warrior with golden armour. Deep within the waters raised a titanic serpent that had a look of pure uninhibited malice & attacked the man & the Duel Spirit. Fortunately, they ducked just in time & the jackal engaged the serpent into a battle. The jackal was using his speed to his advantage, as the serpent could not keep track & became confused. The jackal took the chance to attack the serpent in the head, which caused it to collapse. Then, the man approached the serpent & said a chant that caused it to dissolve in grains of light. At a distance, a couple saw the incident too. However, due to the fog, they could only see the outline of the creature. Then, they took off almost immediately.

“Clair, are you ok?” asked Miora.

“Must be another vision,” said Penny, “let’s go now.”

From a distance, Matt, Volt & Kai were stalking after them.

“Look! It’s…” shouted Kai.

His voice raised the girls’ alarm & they turned around to see for anyone nearby, but found no one. Then, they continued on their way. Actually, the 3 guys were hiding behind some bushes & they were covering Kai’s mouth.

“Shush, big mouth,” said Matt quietly, “you’re gonna to give us away.”

“Boss, sometimes I wonder how our folks deal with these…uh…little monsters?” asked Volt.

“They are the professionals, duh, and we used to be like him” Matt replied as he crawled, “follow my lead & don’t make any sound.”

“Roger, boss,” said both Volt & Kai in unison as they followed Matt by crawling too.

“I feel like a father to that kid, Kai, & that means that Volt’s the mommy,” thought Matt as he imagined a scene where Volt, wearing woman’s clothing, was carrying & breastfeeding Kai & chuckled & nearly vomited at the thought of it, “but what’s Clair having visions? I have a feeling that there may be a greater mystery at hand.”

Soon, the 3 girls found Warehouse 13. It was apparently abandoned long ago due to the rusty exterior. Outside was a white car where the 3 guys took cover temporary.

“Well, this is it,” said Clair, “I can’t be certain on what’s on the other side, but let’s promise to stick together no matter what.”

With that, they all placed their hands together in agreement of the promise. Then, they went inside to the great unknown with the guys following stealthily. Deep inside the warehouse, the girls were keeping close to one another as it was dark. Then, a voice suddenly called out to them from the darkness.

“Greetings, ladies,” called out a voice, which the lights conveniently turned on to reveal that it was Norman.

“Who are you?” asked Miora.

“I’m Norman White,” Norman said, “& I’m here to apprehend you, Psychic girl.”

“You kidnap Penny’s family, just to find me!” snapped Clair, “have I done anything against you!”

As she said that, a nearby box imploded & wooden shards flew towards the 3 guys, but they dodged them just before they hit them.

“Or rather, the point is what you could in the future,” said Norman, “you are a Psychic, a race of super humans possessing powers that was only described in comic books & myths long ago.”

“That girl…a Psychic?” thought Matt puzzlingly.

Your powers were a threat to the masses, therefore the governments of the world agreed to sign a pact to eliminate all the Psychcis 10 years ago, called Order 0705141503090405.”

“If you cross-reference the numbers with the alphabet, it translates to Genocide,” said Miora.

Norman was not glad when someone interrupted his monologue, still continued.

“They all believed that the Psychics were extinct after that, but I knew better,” said Norman, “so I still keep moving on & devoting my life to kill off these abominations.”

“Enough of that, where’s my family!” asked Penny.

“Oh yeah, about them,” Norman said as he pushed a button on his remote control, which revealed Louis, Layla & Curtis bound & suspended over a vat of hot acid.

“Mom, Dad!” shouted Penny when she saw the scene, but was silenced by a gunshot that was near her.

“Shut up!” shouted Norman, “the psychic girl & everyone here will die.”

“Why?” asked Clair.

“Because they helped you, that is already enough to put them all in death,” replied Norman.

Clair took notice of Norman’s Compact Disk that was still strapped onto his arm & sensed that Matt & his gang were in the area. An idea then came to her head.

“Norman, do you duel?” asked Clair.

“Yeah,” replied Norman, “don’t even think about it. I’ll not be fooled by your tricks.”

“Oh, I get it now,” said Penny, “you’re just too afraid to get your ass whopped by a girl. But since you dragged my family into this, I’ll join your duel.”

“A Triangle Duel, in other words,” Miora muttered.

Norman took out his Side Deck to find a certain card & swapped it for another card in his deck.

“Since it’s a Tri-Duel, it could come in handy...” thought Norman, “Heh-heh-heh…”

Both Clair & Penny activated their Duel Disks, where else Norman lifted his own.

Norman (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000) Penny (LP: 4000)

Norman (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000) Penny (LP: 4000)

“Since I start the challenge, therefore I also start this duel too,” Clair said as she drew, “I summon Mental Master.” (ATK: 100)

The floating lightbulb monster appeared & let out a cry for its partner.

“I now play Double Summon to summon my other monster, Clevonce,” (ATK: 1200) Clair said a jester with electrical circuitry appeared as well, “but he’s going soon, because I use my Mental Master’s effect to pay 800 Life Points & 1 Psychic for another one, as long as its Level 4 or below, such as my Teleki Attacker.” (ATK: 1700)

Norman (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3200) Penny (LP: 4000)

Norman (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3200) Penny (LP: 4000)

Clevonce melted into a portal of light & the man in the space suit appeared.

“I will now tune Teleki with my Master to Synchro Summon…the Magical Android!” (ATK: 2400) shouted Clair AS Mental Master tuned Teleki Attacker & a half-organic & half-mechanical humanoid appeared.

“ I just place 2 face-down cards & end my turn now & my Android grants me 600 Life Points for every Psychic monster I have & the Android himself is 1,” Clair said as she glowed due to the Life Points gain.

Norman (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3800) Penny (LP: 4000)

Norman (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3800) Penny (LP: 4000)

After her turn, Clair’s eyes glowed. At the sidelines, Matt felt a faint headache, similar to how Clair would feel at times.

Inside the hallways of a building that seemed to be Roman in design, Clair walked up to a sitting Matt, who was with Bestiari.

“Hey, there, Matt,” greeted Clair, “so this is your mind.”

“Clair!” said Matt, who was shocked what he saw.

“Listen here, this is just like your dream,” said Clair, “Penny & I will distract that psycho cop, while you go free Penny’s family.”

Matt was then conscious & wondered over Clair’s message. When Clair snapped out of her trance, Penny’s turn just ended. She apparently summoned Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior. (ATK: 1850)

“I’ll draw,” Norman said as he inspected his hand, “and I’ll summon Archfiend Soldier (ATK: 1900) & play Double Summon to Release him for the Cyber-Tech Alligator!” (ATK: 2500)

The demonic warrior appeared momentarily before making way for an alligator that appeared to be enhanced by cybernetic upgrades.

“I’ll now attack Garoth!” shouted Norman as the mechanical reptile slashed Garoth & destroyed him.

Norman (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3800) Penny (LP: 3350)

Norman (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3800) Penny (LP: 3350)

“I now activate my face-down card, Solemn Wishes,” cried Clair.

“I will play Heart of the Underdog, along with a face-down card & end my turn,” Norman said.

“I will now draw then,” Clair said as she gained Life Points due to Solemn Wishes, “in this instant, I also play the Trap Card called Psycho Healing to gain 1000 Life Points too.”

Norman (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 5300) Penny (LP: 3350)

Norman (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 5300) Penny (LP: 3350)

“Arg…” thought Norman, “should have destroyed that psychic abomination first.”

“I summon Power Injector (ATK: 1300) & will use his effect to give us more power,” Clair said as her monsters & herself glowed. (ATK: 2400~2900) (ATK: 1300~1800)

Norman (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4500) Penny (LP: 3350)

Norman (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4500) Penny (LP: 3350)

“I will now attack your croc with my Android, followed by my Injector,” Clair shouted as her monsters advanced.

Magical Android unleashed a magical blast from his staff that blown the Alligator into particles. Then, Power Injector fired an energy blast from his barrel-shaped arms.

Norman (LP: 1800) Clair (LP: 4500) Penny (LP: 3350)

Norman (LP: 1800) Clair (LP: 4500) Penny (LP: 3350)

“I’ll now end my turn,” said Clair as her monsters reverted to their original strengths. . (ATK: 2900~2400) (ATK: 1800~1300)

Norman (LP: 1800) Clair (LP: 5700) Penny (LP: 3350)

Norman (LP: 1800) Clair (LP: 5700) Penny (LP: 3350)

“She just took out half of his Life Points away in 1 blow,” Volt said, “she sure had some mad skills going on!”

Just then, Matt finally realised that vision with Clair earlier.

“You 2 stay here while I go off to save those people there,” said Matt, pointing out to Penny’s family.

“Are you sure, boss?” asked Volt, who was concerned for Matt’s safety.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine,” said Matt as he went off on his own.

“He’s just like Bro,” thought Kai.

“It’s my turn & I’ll draw,” said Penny, “now I summon Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner (ATK: 1000) & use her effect to discard a card to revive Garoth (ATK: 1850)

“It ends now, you fiend!” said both Clair & Penny in unison, “Attack!”

“Sorry ladies, but I activate my Trap Card called Backstabbing,” said Norman as the card flipped open, depicting Don Zaloog hugging Meanae the Thorn, who was secretly holding a dagger behind him.

“This rare card only works in a Tri-Duel when 1 of my opponents’ monsters attack me directly when they both have the same number of monsters on the field & they all are in ATK Mode,” Norman explained, “it forces my opponents’ monsters to attack each other & for every monster remaining afterwards, its owner take 800 points of damage!”

“What!” exclaimed Miora, “he’s practically turning Penny & Clair against each other.”

Garoth switched direction to face Power Injector & slashed him with his spear. Then, Lumina charged at the Magical Android, which blown him into destruction with his attack.

Norman (LP: 1800) Clair (LP: 5350) Penny (LP: 1950)

Norman (LP: 1800) Clair (LP: 5350) Penny (LP: 1950)

Let’s not forget about my card’s after effect,” Norman said as the remaining monster shot out energies that blasted their respective owners.

Norman (LP: 1800) Clair (LP: 4550) Penny (LP: 1150)

Norman (LP: 1800) Clair (LP: 4550) Penny (LP: 1150)

“I place a face-down card & end my turn,” Penny said as she placed the card.

“You see, friendship is a lie. Only one’s duty & power are important to one, your so-called “friends” are just simple illusions that can be easily sacrificed for your own gains,” said Norman, “and I draw!”

He looked at the card & smiled. He then showed it to us, revealing it to be a normal monster that showed the Alien Stormtrooper. He drew again & got Vorse Raider. Once again, he drew. But, he stopped this time.

“I now play the Spell Card called Ancient Rules,” Norman said as he played the card, “I’m sure you all know that during the founding years of Duel Monsters, there are a lot of deviations in duels. 1 of which is the fact that you could summon any monster no matter how high is its Level.”

“Why are you bringing this up, jerk!” shouted Miora.

“Because this card can re-enact those great moments again,” said Norman.

“You mean that…it can summon any monster from your hand regardless of Level!” exclaimed Penny.

“It only works on normal monsters,” said Norman, “and that’s what I have now! I use my Ancient Rules’ power to call 1 of the deadliest threats during the Age of Exploration…the almighty Spiral Serpent!” (ATK: 2900)

A burst of water erupted behind Norman & the great serpent appeared & let down such an earth-shaking roar that it frightened even Matt, who was not scared that easily. The most dumbfounded person here was Clair herself.

“That’s the beast from my vision! I thought it was Nessie, but it’s the Spiral Serpent!” exclaimed Clair.

“Intriguing, the Psychic girl’s ability to foretell future events not only see the future, but also showed past occurrences as well,” Norman thought, “how else would she knew about Spiral Serpent, the truth of its capture was only known to an Egyptian sect & few records mentioned that.

“Moving on, I’ll do what I should have done & eliminate your Android,” said Norman, “Spiral Serpent, wipe out that evil being with Spiral Wave!”

Spiral Serpent unleashed a strong blast of water that hit Magical Android. The current was so intense that it instantly destroyed him.

Norman (LP: 1800) Clair (LP: 4050) Penny (LP: 1150)

Norman (LP: 1800) Clair (LP: 4050) Penny (LP: 1150)

“And that’s not all,” Norman, “I play Trap Booster, which allow me to play a Trap Card from my hand by discarding a card.”

Thus, he discarded Vorse Raider & placed a Trap Card onto the field.

“Its called Desperado Battle & lowers my monster’s ATK by 1000,” said Norman, “but it can attack again. So wipe her out again!”

Spiral Serpent unleashed another water blast at Clair again.

Norman (LP: 1800) Clair (LP: 1150) Penny (LP: 1150)

Norman (LP: 1800) Clair (LP: 1150) Penny (LP: 1150)

“That’s all for now,” said Norman as he ended his turn.

“Then I’ll go now!” said Clair. She then checked her hand & realised that there may be a way out. “I play Junk Dealer to revive both my Mental Master & Magical Android.”

As she played the card, the 2 monsters appeared, although they seemed to be rusty. (ATK: 100~50) (ATK: 2400~1200)

“You do know that Junk Dealer would halve those monsters’ ATK,” said Norman.

“I’m aware & I summon Roadrunner to the field,” (ATK: 300) said Clair as a pink bird appeared. At that moment, Mental Master’s bulb glowed, “I tune both Magical Android & Roadrunner to Synchro Summon…the Astral Plane Dragon!” (ATK: 2000)

The 3 monsters were converted into stars & the wrapped-up dragon appeared.

“When he’s summoned, all our monsters are removed from play & this guy gains 300 ATK for one,” said Clair as cards slid out of the graveyard & the dragon grew stronger. (ATK: 2000~5000)

“No way! I activate the Trap Card called Battle Fusion, so that my Serpent gains your monster’s ATK,” shouted Norman as his monster grew stronger, (ATK: 2900~7900) “admit it now, its over for you!”

“Not when I’m still here,” shouted Penny, “I play the Trap Card called Solemn Judgment! I can pay half of my Life Points to negate anything thrown to me, even Battle Fusion.”

Norman (LP: 1700) Clair (LP: 1150) Penny (LP: 525)

Norman (LP: 1700) Clair (LP: 1150) Penny (LP: 525)

The Battle Fusion card was destroyed & Spiral Serpent reverted to its original power. (ATK: 7900~2900) Astral Plane Dragon took the chance & blasted it with its “Astral Burst”.

Norman (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 1150) Penny (LP: 525)

Norman (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 1150) Penny (LP: 525)

“Yeah!” the 3 girls cheered.

“Clair, you’ve done it!” said Penny.

“Don’t be so modest. If it weren’t for you, I would be dead by now,” said Clair.

“But nonetheless, you 2 are the MAN!” continued Miora, only to get cold stares, “what I mean to say is you 2 are the WOMAN!”

“Arg…I will not be denied of my destiny!” Norman snapped as he held a gun which he aimed at the Dales. However, no one was suspended there.

“Who let them out!” demanded Norman.

“I did,” said a voice, which was revealed to be Matt’s & he was with Volt, Kai, Curtis, Louis and Layla.

“Arg…” growled Norman as he gripped his gun even harder. But, a dark aura flew out of Norman & dispersed. Norman then rose again, looking at Clair.

“Sorry for everything, Miss Kinet, you better be on your way,” Norman said. Then, everyone left the area.

“Boy, being kidnapped can really make you feel tired,” said Curtis while everyone was walking towards home.

“If you had used that trap card when he’s not paying attention, you might have won,” shouted Penny, “and maybe we would not wind up in this ridiculous saga in the 1st place!”

“Guys, can we stop arguing & go home now?” asked Clair, who was annoyed by the sibling rivalry.

Meanwhile, on the roads outside Oregeorgia, Norman was speeding again. His mind was puzzled by the recent happenings.

“When I finally lost that duel, I feel much light-hearted,” Norman muttered, “when I was so filled with anger back then. I only know 1 person who could help me now. I just hope that she’s willing to help me.’

With that, he drove off at a speed even faster than before.

Card of the Day

Backstabbing

Counter Trap

This card can only be activated in your opponent’s Battle Phase of a Triangle Duel or a Double Duel when 1 of your opponent’s monster is attacking you directly when both opponent have the same number of monsters in ATK Position on their side of the field. Your opponents’ monsters must attack another monster of the opponent’s. After that Battle Phase, inflict 800 points of Damage for every monster on the field to both opponents.

Ancient Rules

Normal Spell

Special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher Normal Monster from your hand.

Norman: Oh dear…I have 2 cards on my mind that I want to share, but could decide…which one I should…

Penny: Here’s an idea. Why don’t you do both of them instead.

Norman: I see no harm in doing that. The first card is called Backstabbing, a special card that only works in any duel that involves 3 or more people. It turns allying monsters against each other & leaves the surviving ones filled with grief. Just like how I turned Penny & Clair’s cards agains…

Penny: Don’t mention that again, Norman!

Norman: And the second one is called Ancient Rules. It was made by Pegasus to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Duel Monsters. It can allow me to Special Summon any high level Normal Monster. If only I had used it on Penny, she’ll be gone & I may have won instead.

Penny: Not going to happen! So duel me, so I can teach you a lesson!

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Info on Next Chapter

Clair: That man…Norman…there’s something about him that’s so mysterious…

Penny: Don’t even worry about him, a man who threatens even girls.

Norman (sneezing): I could swear that someone’s thinking about me…but I must still find her. She will know everything I need to know.

Mysterious Lady: I’ll make you suffer the pain that all my comrades took. Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Chapter 6-Voodoo Vengeance! Considering all that you’ve done, you don’t honestly believe me to just tell everything, do you?

(Norman using a motorboat in a swamp area)

(Norman confronting a lady shaman)

(The lady shaman placed a card on a table & dark aura is released from it)

(Norman feeling pain as he took damage from an attack)

Great chapter, but you should be careful about dueling with the same character multiple times, it looks like (though may not) that Norman will be dueling a third time in a row. Just saying to be careful.

And as for Lie Blade, it is just random. It sounds like "Library", which in Magic is the deck, and Blades are good for cutting things, like decks :).

very random, but meh.

Anyway, great job.

Great chapter' date=' but you should be careful about dueling with the same character multiple times, it looks like (though may not) that Norman will be dueling a third time in a row. Just saying to be careful.

And as for Lie Blade, it is just random. It sounds like "Library", which in Magic is the deck, and Blades are good for cutting things, like decks :).

very random, but meh.

Anyway, great job.

[/quote']

actually Norman duelled in ch.3, 5 & the upcoming chapter 6...not exactly 3 times in a row

Spoiler: The opponent in the next chapter (the shaman lady) would be using a deck with my own creation.

Oh' date=' one chapter break, oops. XD

You do have a point, still, it is in pretty quick succession.

On the other hand, he may not have much of a chance later!

...or he might.

[/quote']

That's for me to know & for you to find out.

Monster Racism... let's see... let's see...

Hmmm... I think I'm not that good, XD, but let's give it a shot.

Racism, well the racism isn't only for the skin color, but the way you think or act, or being, like being a psychic, and the monster, well because of Norman isn't? I mean he was able to make two friends to face each other, only a monster would do that, well that's my answer.

And for your chapter, I love them, usualy I'm used to see tons of words and sometimes I got bored, but with yours, I enjoy every word I read, XD. Keep going. :)

i missed alot lol...

this is really good..!!

pity my character curtis had to lose...!!

will he feature again...??? i hope so..!!

and whats with the change of character with the duelists after they get beat something is goin on with that is it..?? its interesting..

i missed alot lol...

this is really good..!!

pity my character curtis had to lose...!!

will he feature again...??? i hope so..!!

and whats with the change of character with the duelists after they get beat something is goin on with that is it..?? its interesting..

don't you worry too much,curtis will be up sometime again...as for the character change,the next chapter can provide some info on it...I will PM in regards to the next chapter...in fact,norman's going off to find answers to the puzzle

Monster Racism refers to the duel & how it was practically a battle between Normal & Effect monsters.

From now onwards, I will put down the meaning behind the various chapters at the respective chapter itself. You can guess the new chapter shown at the spoiler below.

Voodoo Vengeance means that this chapter will take lace in a swamp & voodoo is involved in the duel.

Ch 6-Voodoo Vengeance

Ch 6-Voodoo Vengeance

Throughout the entire night, Norman continued to drive off in his car to his destination. He was very tired, but had to keep going on.

“Gotta keep …keep it up,” Norman muttered as he sallowed some coffee pills to keep himself awake, “to her pla…place.”

About a few minutes away from dawn, Norman’s car stopped by a building called Marie Laveau Swampside Resort, which was situated at the banks of Leveau Bayou. Once he parked his car, he took out a card & tapped it against a machine beside the car. A hose came out f a opened hatch & pumped in fuel for it. Several robotic arms came out & clean the exterior, while Norman left the car & went inside the resort building. Once inside, he approached to the tender at the front counter.

“Miss, I need a cup of coffee to go, proto,” said Norman, “and I’ll also rent a motorboat as well.”

“Right away,” replied the tender unquestionably as she typed in Norman’s requests.

Soon, Norman was boarding his newly-rented motorboat & sipping his coffee. After he finished it, he crumpled the plastic cup & threw it into the dark swamp grounds. Then, he turned on the motorboat & steered deep into the swamp. All this time, Norman’s face had an expression of fear.

Meanwhile, Clair was having an odd dream. She was a baby who was being embraced by an old woman wearing old & tattered clothing. Strangely, the baby version of Clair was very friendly to the old woman. Then, the background was revealed to be a swamp of some sort. A motorboat was speeding towards them & Norman was on it.

“Ahh!!!” shouted Clair, haunted by her dreams or nightmares again.

“Beep, beep, buzzz!” Mental Master cried as it appeared in front of Clair.

“You’re right, after what happened yesterday,” said Clair, “I’m bound to be tired.”

After reassuring herself, she tried to sleep again. But the thought of that dream she had could not leave her mind, as if it were happening in real life.

Norman stopped temporarily to look around, before taking off to a small house in the middle of the swamp that seemed to be his target. He approached the house stealthily. As he entered through the front door, he was greeted by an old woman, whose appearance beared a remarkable resemblance to the old lady that Clair had dreamt about. She was wearing a mud brown robe which was stained with mud & weeds here & there. She seemed to be somewhat crippled as she carried a long wooden stick that seemed to be taken directly from the swamp itself. A golden medallion with a ruby in its centre was hung around her neck. She looked at Norman with calmness, as if he were a friend.

“Hello, Norman,” greeted the woman.

“Hey there, Maria,” replied Norman calmly.

“Long time no see, so how are things so far?” said Maria, “I’m not so surprised that you could find me.”

“Same old, same old, & I got some resources underground,” replied Norman, “but I came here for answers t…”

“Clair, yes, I’m aware of that,” said Maria as she retreated to her desk to relax.

“But how did…”inquired Norman before he realised something, “oh yeah, you’re a Psychic too.”

“Yes. You wanted to know why your wrathful heart quelled after that duel & you want to know the truth about Clair, am I correct?” said Maria, in which Norman nodded as his response.

“However, I will not just simply tell you the truth,” said Maria as she reached out a deck of cards in her robes & placed it on her desk, “you must duel for it instead.”

“Fine by me!” said Norman as he activated his Compact Disk, “I already expected this to happen.”

Maria (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 4000)

Maria (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 4000)

“Since I respect my elders, you can go first,” said Norman as he took out his starting hand.

“Gladly,” said Maria as she drew out her card, “I summon Cursed Doll in ATK mode.” (ATK: 0)

She placed the card vertically on her desk & dark aura erupted from the card. The aura morphed into a humanoid shape. As the aura dissipated, it formed a macabre puppet whose head was a reflective surface. Its head then showed Norman’s face.

“But wait, where’s your Duel Disk?” Norman asked as he noticed that Maria was duelling on a table, the earliest possible method of duelling.

“I prefer the old-fashioned way, but the truth is that my medallion allowed me to gather Shadow Energy to make Solid Vision even without a holographic projector used in those Duel Disks of yours,” Maria said, “not to mention that I hates those technologies the most. Now, I place 1 face-down card & play the Spell Card called Cursed Needle.”

A face-down card appeared, as well as a long needle pricked into Cursed Doll. It let out a moan of agony at that. Norman also felt the pain as well.

Maria (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 3500)

Maria (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 3500)

“Why I lost Life Points?” asked Norman as he recovered from the pain.

“My Cursed Needle gives you 100 points of damage for every card in your hand,” said Maria, “now, I end my turn…but now Cursed Doll’s effect activates & gives you 300 points of damage for every spell & trap card on the field.”

Norman screamed at the pain that coursed through him as his Life Points dwindled.

Maria (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 2900)

Maria (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 2900)

“What’s this feeling? It feels so real…” said Norman as he panted.

“This is a Shadow Game, Norman,” said Maria, “everytime we lose life points, we would feel pain based on the amount lost. I advice you to stay strong if you want to win.”

“Anyway, it’s my turn,” said Norman as he drew his card, “I summon my favourite card, the Gene-Warped Warwolf!” (ATK: 2000)

The altered wolf appeared on the field & flexed its muscles.

“Now he’ll attack your Doll with Malicious Maul!” cried Norman as the Warwolf readied himself to attack.

“I activate the trap card called Protective Charm,” Maria said as a card depicting a talisman attached onto a Skull Servant being attacked by several monsters & that talisman appeared on the Doll’s head, “it is equipped to a Level 1 monster after activation & it grants it indestructibility.”

“But you will still take damage for it,” said Norman.

Maria (LP: 3000) Norman (LP: 1900)

Maria (LP: 3000) Norman (LP: 1900)

“Why I took damage too,” asked Norman.

“Cursed Doll’s second effect forces the damage it has taken to be shared by both of us,” replied Maria as she panted due to the pain.

“I place 2 face-down cards & that’s all,” Norman said as he set the 2 cards, in which Maria drew a card, symbolising the beginning of her turn.

“I activate a second Cursed Needle & use both Needles’ effects,” Maria said as another needle pricked into Cursed Doll & Norman groaned in pain.

Maria (LP: 3000) Norman (LP: 1300)

Maria (LP: 3000) Norman (LP: 1300)

“I place 1 more card face-down & that’s all,” Maria said as Cursed Doll’s effect inflicted more pain on Norman again.

Maria (LP: 3000) Norman (LP: 100)

Maria (LP: 3000) Norman (LP: 100)

“Arg…” thought Norman, “I need to win this thing now…or it’s a never.”

“I draw…” said Norman as he began his turn.

“I play the Trap Card called Battle Mania which forces your monsters into battle for this turn,” Maria said as her card flipped up.

Norman looked at his hand for a way out & found it.

“In response to your Battle Mania, I play my own Trap as well,” Norman exclaimed as his card flipped up to reveal a castle covered by spider webs, which also appeared on the field, “it is called Spider Web Castle by the way.”

“Whatever does it do, Norman?” asked Maria.

“You’ll see,” replied Norman, “I Release my Warwolf for the great dinosaur called Frostosaurus!” (ATK: 2600)

The wolf disappeared into a portal of light & a frozen dinosaur appeared from within.

“Now by sending my castle to the graveyard, I can attack you directly for this turn only,” said Norman as the castle of cobwebs crumbled to dust.

Frostosaurus unleashed a chilling wind breath at Maria & she shivered at the second the attack connected.

Maria (LP: 400) Norman (LP: 100)

Maria (LP: 400) Norman (LP: 100)

“So what!” said Maria, “I still have Life Points left. All I need to do for my next turn is just skip it & you’re finished by then.”

“In my Battle Phase, I play the Quick-Play Spell Card called Inverse Sacrifice that allows me to Release Frostosaurus to summon my Gene-Warped Warwolf again & he’s ready to attack,” Norman said as the card appeared, depicting Masaki the Legendary Swordsman & Alligator’s Sword coming out of a portal with the shadow of Zoa in the background. Frostosaurus disappeared into a portal & the twisted wolf reappeared again. It quickly punched Maria to end the duel.

Maria (LP: 0) Norman (LP: 100)

Maria (LP: 0) Norman (LP: 100)

As the holograms deactivated, Maria’s desk broke apart & she fell to the ground, panting heavily. Norman immediately ran towards her.

“As I promised, I’ll tell you everything, “said Maria, “while I still live, that is.”

“What do you mean?” asked Norman.

“I’m already too old by now & that duel just wasted my last ounce of energy, ‘said Maria, “but it’s better this way…the Overmind would not get me now.”

“Over-what?” asked Norman.

“He’s a Psychic who had been staging an elaborate plan for the last decade to overthrown the humans & let him rule as king,” said Maria, “he’s currently gathering any surviving Psychics everywhere & kidnapping Pro League duelists as his servants. He must be stopped.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll do it, I’ll…” Norman said.

“No. Only Clair could do it…and no one else…” said Maria, “take care of her…my granddaughter.”

With that, she collapsed onto the ground lifelessly. At that, Norman shed a tear at her.

Norman quickly left the house on the motorboat. As he sped off, the house suddenly exploded to a cloud of flames.

“Rest in peace, Maria,” thought Norman, “I must return to Oregeorgia to help Clair. I got no time to lose.”

Card of the Day

Cursed Doll

DARK/Fiend-Effect/LV 1/ATK 0/DEF 0

During your End Phase, inflict 300 points of Damage to your opponent for every Spell & Trap Card on your side of the field. When this card is attacked, you only take half of the Battle Damage taken & inflict the same amount of Damage to your opponent. (The Damage is treated as Battle Damage.)

Norman: This card was originally intended for Maria to talk about, but due to Maria’s unfortunate demise, I will be taking it over for her. From my sources, it is apparently a card designed to combat my deck. It can inflict pain onto the opponent for every card placed in the back row & reflects Battle Damage to the opponent as well. With that kind of power, there’s no doubt about its use against me.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Info on the Next Chapter

Clair: Today, we are going to the Pro Leagues Registration Centre where I can finally realise my dreams at last.

Duellist: Lassie, this place ain’t for amateurs like you. Get lost!

Clair: I’ll show you who the amateur here is. Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Chapter 7-Rusted Time!

Duellist: Tick-tock-tick-tock. I’ll bring forth your end here before it even starts, girl.

(Clair, Penny & Miora arriving at the Pro Leagues Registration Building)

(An old duellist viewing Clair’s duel from above)

(The earth rumbling as something rose from the ground)

(Clair standing strong & calm with Mental Master behind her)

Archived