Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind (FINISHED)

Wyhe

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, i may as well ask, it's too tempting.

When will my character appear?

Now, i have to say something special for my 150th post...

gee, this is hard...

May the Aelsthla forever keep what is hated and loved by divine powers...

nah, something else

May Deadpool win the "A Winner is You!" Contest!

...closer.

"You know, most people who get hacked in the neck with a blunt axe 27 consecutive times would either be dead, screaming in agony, or laughing. You are the first to rub alcohol in my hair."

Yes, that will do.

*hem hem* anyway. Do you already have the jist of what is happening in the future? Or are you just making it up as you go along?

Oh' date=' i may as well ask, it's too tempting.

When will my character appear?

Now, i have to say something special for my 150th post...

gee, this is hard...

[b']May the Aelsthla forever keep what is hated and loved by divine powers...[/b]

nah, something else

May Deadpool win the "A Winner is You!" Contest!

...closer.

"You know, most people who get hacked in the neck with a blunt axe 27 consecutive times would either be dead, screaming in agony, or laughing. You are the first to rub alcohol in my hair."

Yes, that will do.

*hem hem* anyway. Do you already have the jist of what is happening in the future? Or are you just making it up as you go along?

Since your character is in the Organisation,it'll take a while. I'm still introducing the main characters.

Ch 4-Grudge Match

Ch 4-Grudge Match

As the 3 girls (Clair, Penny & Miora) ran down the street, they found several road construction signs along the way. The strangest part was that they seemed to be blocking their paths wherever they went. As they were running, they heard a sobbing sound. Miora turned around & saw a boy crying under a tree. Thus, she stopped & approached the boy.

“Hey, guys, pull over for a sec,” called out Miora & the other 2 stopped, though Penny was getting impatient & was jogging on the spot.

“I’m Kai,” said the boy depressingly as he wept, “the card …my brothers gave me…is stolen.”

“But by who?” asked Clair.

“He calls himself the Tyrant of Caesar Street,” said the boy, “he would challenge anyone there to an Ante Duel.”

“But weren’t they illegal after the Battle City Tournament?” Clair inquired.

“Yeah,” answered Penny, “but who says that people would follow the law.”

“Then, let’s go to Caesar Street now!” shouted Miora who was already on the move with Kai on her back.

“But I still need to save my family, we don’t have time for this,” thought Penny, “but Caesar Street is near the outskirts, so…”

The others just followed after her. Unbeknownst to any of them, that gangster was spying them from above & was grinning. He opened his handphone & called.

“Boss, they are taking the bait & even met that squirt,” said the gangster.

“Excellent, I’m preparing for the Exodia girl as we are speaking,” said the boss, “thanks to all those cards we’d snagged over time, I have the ultimate counter strategy against her.”

“I’ll monitor their whereabouts until they reach the cage,” said the gangster as he finished the call.

The boss was inspecting his deck & placed 1 spell card into it. Then, he shuffled it & flipped open the top card. It was a monster card with an orange border that depicted a hybrid of a man & bird with 2 cannons attached to his arms.

“Hook, line & sinker,” thought the boss, “let’s do this...Bestiari”

Caesar Street was 1 of the oldest areas in town, dated back to Oregeorgia’s founding. It was called Caesar Street as the architecture was Roman & had been the site of many battles that had occurred over the years. That was 1 part of the town where anything could happen anytime anywhere. The 3 girls along with young Kai were unknowingly walking back that street with that gangster stalking them. There were several seedy-looking people who stared & whistled at those girls, but they [paid no attention. They stopped by a certain alley.

“This is his domain where he would duel,” said Kai timidly.

“Ok, then let’s go,” Clair said as she walked into the alley, in which everyone else followed.

“Surprise, ladies!” shouted out a voice from behind.

They turned around & saw the gangster that was stalking them. Behind him was a wire fence closing up the alley.

“I know you,” Miora exclaimed, “you’re that guy that I beat earlier.”

“Yup, but turn around,” said another voice, also behind them.

They turned around & saw a tall blond man whose skin seemed to be tan. He was wearing a brown overcoat & a Duel Disk with a gauntlet design was strapped onto his arm.

“Greetings, ladies & boy,” said the man, “I’m Matt Tucker & that fool over there is Volt Ripper. He told me that you beat him in a duel & I hate that, therefore I came for revenge…in the form of an Ante Duel.”

“What are the stakes then?” asked Miora.

“If you win, which I seriously doubt, you guys can go & the squirt can get his card,” said Matt as he held up a monster card that depicted a black dinosaur, “However, should I win, you must hand over Exodia & you 3 girls will be our lovely slaves for the week.”

With that, he & Volt began to laugh…possibly at what they could do to them.

“I accept then,” Miora said as she activated her Duel Disk.

“Are you sure about this?” asked Penny, who was concerned.

“Don’t worry,” said Miora, “I’ll be fine.”

“Let the games begin!” Matt shouted as his own Duel Disk activated as well.

Matt (LP: 4000) Miora (LP: 4000)

Matt (LP: 4000) Miora (LP: 4000)

“Since I’m such a gentleman, I’ll let you go first,” said Matt as he drew out his starting hand, “you need all the luck when you mess with me.”

“Fine with me!” said Miora as she drew a card called Left Leg of the Forbidden One.

She inspected her hand & found out that she had the 2 arms & the right leg of Exodia, Gear Golem & Hand Destruction as well.

“Sweet!” Miora thought as she looked at her hand, “My first turn only & I got 3 Exodia parts at hand already. This should be a quick one.”

“I set a monster in DEF mode & that’s all for me,” said Miora as a card appeared horizontally on the field.

“Hmph, gimme a challenge,” said Matt as he drew his card, “I summon Gladiator Beast Equite.” (ATK: 1600)

Then, a winged centaur that has been armoured appeared on the field.

“Now he will attack that face-down,” Matt said as Equite galloped towards the card, which revealed to be Gear Golem, the Moving Fortress. (DEF: 2200)

Matt (LP: 3400) Miora (LP: 4000)

Matt (LP: 3400) Miora (LP: 4000)

“Ha!” exclaimed Penny, “you just took damage for attacking a strong defense.”

“But the good news is that Boss’s monster survived the battle,” said Volt.

“What do you mean by that?” asked Clair.

“Now that we have passed the Battle Phase,” said Matt as Equite was converted into indigo light, “when a Gladiator Beast survives a battle, he will retreat & call for another of its kind to take its place. So, my Equite will now make room for Gladiator Beast Murmillo!” (ATK: 800)

True enough, the indigo light that was Equite returned to Matt’s deck & a blue light shone from the deck. As the light died, it showed a fish-man of sorts carrying 2 huge cannons on his back.

“When Murmillo is summoned with his comrades, I can destroy 1 monster on the field, like Gear Golem,” said Matt as the 2 cannons on Murmillo’s back released water blasts at Gear Golem & destroyed it.

“Now I play Surprise Attack, which allows a monster like Murmillo to attack you outside of the Battle Phase,” said Matt as he played the card & Murmillo fired his water cannons at Miora.

Matt (LP: 3400) Miora (LP: 3200)

Matt (LP: 3400) Miora (LP: 3200)

“Wait!” said Kai, “shouldn’t Murmillo return to the deck or something?”

“Murmillo didn’t attack in the Battle Phase & the Gladiator Beasts’ effects only apply in the Battle Phase,” said Volt.

“I play the Equip Spell Card called Gladiator Beast’s Battle Manica along with the Continuous Spell Card called Sideline Blockade,” Matt said as a gauntlet appeared on Murmillo’s arm & a spell card depicting Bubbleman going to aid Clayman, but was blocked by a barb wire fence appeared, “as long as this card is here, the effects of any monster or spell cards that activate from the hand are now worthless…including your precious Exodia.”

“I’ll draw & begin my turn,” Miora said as she looked at her card.

“This card!” thought Miora as she stared at the card she drew, “I’m so lucky!”

“I return Gear Golem to my deck in order to summon my back-up plan, Exodius, the Ultimate Forbidden Lord!” (ATK : 0) Miora shouted as the Gear Golem card slid out of her graveyard & was shuffled to the deck & a being similar to Exodia appeared.

“What’s with that guy?” asked Volt.

“Nothing…yet,” said Miora shyly as she placed another card face-down.

“That means its my turn now,” Matt said as he drew, “I will now attack that Exodia wannabe with my Murmillo with his Hydro Cannon Blast!”

“Before you attack, I play Hand Destruction,” Miora said as the card opened, “Both of us must discard 2 cards & then draw 2 new ones.”

Both of them did as the card said, then Exodius’ right arm bulge with more pronounced muscles. (ATK: 0~2000)

“What the hell!” exclaimed Matt?

“Bite your tongue!” replied Clair, who was seemingly disgusted by what he said.

“Since you want to know, Exodius gains power from any Normal Monsters in my graveyard,” Miora said, “& those 2 cards I just discarded are parts of Exodia himself.”

Exodius punched the attacking Murmillo, caui=sing a cloud of smoke. When the smoke cleared up, Murmillo was still standing.

Matt (LP: 2200) Miora (LP: 3200)

Matt (LP: 2200) Miora (LP: 3200)

“How come?” exclaimed Kai.

“Thanks to my Manica,” said Matt, “it prevents his destruction, though I still take the damage. But since he’s safe & sound, I can summon another Gladiator Beast & the Manica goes to my hand.”

“If he can summon another Murmillo, then Exodius…” said Clair, who was aware of Exodius’ final effect.

“Fortunately for you,” said Volt, “Boss can’t do that when he returns a Gladiator Beast to his deck, he can’t summon that same creature.”

“I will summon a wall to shield me, Gladiator Beast Hoplomus!” said Matt as Murmillo vanished to his deck in blue light, while a grey light flashed out to form a heavily-armoured rhino. (DEF: 2100~2400)

“When he’s summoned with the help of a Gladiator Beast, he bulks up his defences,” said Matt, “I’ll end this with a face-down card.”

“I’ll draw and…”said Miora before getting interrupted by Matt.

“I activate Battle Mania which forces you to attack,” said Matt as Exodius punched into Hoplomus.

Matt (LP: 2200) Miora (LP: 2800)

Matt (LP: 2200) Miora (LP: 2800)

“Now that Hoplomus got a fight,” Matt said, “I can trade him in for such a privileged member of the Gladiator Beasts that he will only come after the battles of Hoplomus himself. I give you…Gladiator Beast Spartacus!” (ATK: 2200)

Hoplomus retreated to Matt’s deck in a ray of grey light & then, a ray of brown light struck, forming a dinosaur holding a weapon of sorts.

“When Hoplomus calls for him to come, I can get an Equip Spell with Gladiator Beast in its name…like the Battle Gladius.”

The card slid out of the deck & he grabbed it.

“Then I’ll place a face-down card to end my turn,” said Miora.

“Hope you & your friends know how to submit to men, because I’ll win soon enough,” goaded Matt as he drew his card, “I now equip my Battle Gladius to my Spartacus, giving him 300 ATK.”

The Gladius, which resembled a dagger, appeared in Spartacus’ hand & he glowed with power. (ATK: 2200~2500)

“Now I’ll take down you…” Matt said, but he was interrupted…by Miora.

“I activate the Trap Card called Defense Seal Wall that can negate any attack as long as Exodius is here,” Miora said as the Trap Card flipped open.

“But without battling…” Matt said.

“Your Gladiators are as good as stuck,” Penny continued.

“Exactly!” said Miora as she drew her card, “I summon Black Market Merchant.” (ATK: 1000)

“What’s he supposed to do?” asked Volt.

“I remembered that card, once per turn, Miora can send the top 3 cards of her deck to the graveyard so that she could gain 200 Life Points for each monster,” said Penny.

“Exactly, that’s what I’m planning to do,” Miora said as she took 3 monsters to the graveyard, “just to let you know, the cards are 2 copies of the Giant Soldier of Stone & Marshmallon.”

Matt (LP: 2200) Miora (LP: 3400)

Matt (LP: 2200) Miora (LP: 3400)

“With 2 more Normal Monsters in her graveyard, Exodius grows stronger,” Clair said as Exodius’ right arms bulged again. (ATK: 2000~4000)

“Oh no! If that attack hits, then…” Volt screamed hysterically.

“Your boss is cooked,” said Clair.

“And don’t expect us to serve you bastards;” continued Penny, “we still got another business that we need to attend to.”

“Go Exodius, attack Spartacus with Lightning Fire Flash!” Miora commanded as Exodius clenched his fist to release an energy punch to incinerate the dinosaur gladiator.

Matt (LP: 700) Miora (LP: 3400)

Matt (LP: 700) Miora (LP: 3400)

“Merchant, finish this now,” Miora called for her Merchant to attack Matt & he punched Matt in the face.

Matt (LP: 0) Miora (LP: 3400)

Matt (LP: 0) Miora (LP: 3400)

“Yay!” shouted the spectators, except for Volt, who was speechless.

“Gimme back that card now!” said Kai.

“Boss will only give it back only when he wanted to…” Volt said, but Matt interrupted him.

He walked up to the others & handed over the card to Kai.

“I believe this belongs to you,” said Matt as he took out a remote control & pushed a button that caused the fences to rise, “and sorry for the trouble we’ve caused.”

Then, Clair faced Kai & whispered something into his ear.

“No matter what obstacle you faced, tackle them head-on & you’ll succeed…just like Miora,” said Clair.

Before anyone knew it, Penny dragged both Clair Miora out to the other side. Soon after, they resumed their run to Warehouse 13 where a foe awaited…

Card of the Day

Sideline Blockade

Continuous Spell

As long as this card is in play, all Monster Effects that are activated from the hand are negated & Spell Cards cannot be activated from your hand.

Matt: Just some card I snagged off some loser a while ago. It can stop any spell & monster effects that work from your hand. In other words, no Kuribohs cushioning pain, no Cyber Dragons jumping on you & most importantly, no Exodia victories.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Info on Next Chapter

Penny: Finally, we are at Warehouse 13. Now to save my family…

Norman: No can do, Miss Dales. Your family is found guilty of aiding a Psychic & the penalty is death.

Miora: Wait! How do you…

Clair: No time for cheap talk now! Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Chapter 5-Monster Racism! You don’t see much people using those cards nowadays, do you?

(The 3 girls arriving at Warehouse 13)

(The 3 girls confronting Norman)

(A vicious monster appears in front of both Clair & Penny)

(Matt, Volt & Kai stalking the girls)

Wow, our constant nagging worked!

This seems to be a sidestep, it is so insignificant compared to the real plot going on.

That does not, however, mean the chapter is bad.

It looks pretty good.

Looks like Exodia cannot be stopped. Yet anyhow.

Grudge match hey? Really fits.

You got Matt holding a grudge for a friend (although they don't really seem to be on friendly terms) being beaten. And the gladiator beasts, since gladiators have 'matches'.

So yeah, keep it up!

Wow' date=' our constant nagging worked!

This seems to be a sidestep, it is so insignificant compared to the real plot going on.

That does not, however, mean the chapter is bad.

It looks pretty good.

Looks like Exodia cannot be stopped. Yet anyhow.

Grudge match hey? Really fits.

You got Matt holding a grudge for a friend (although they don't really seem to be on friendly terms) being beaten. And the gladiator beasts, since gladiators have 'matches'.

So yeah, keep it up!

[/quote']

Bingo! Give the man the prize!

Quiz: It's called Grudge Match because Volt Ripper lost to Miora. And Matt Tucker, Volt Ripper's boss, challenged her to a duel for that very reason. For revenge.

I like my duels. They're getting better and better. I'm still waiting for her to win with Exodia instead of Exodius, the Ultimate Forbidden Lord though.

Quiz: It's called Grudge Match because Volt Ripper lost to Miora and Matt Tucker' date=' Volt Ripper's boss, challenged her to a duel for that very reason. For revenge.

I like my duels. They're getting better and better. I'm still waiting for her to win with Exodia instead of Exodius, the Ultimate Forbidden Lord though.

[/quote']

You're welcome, though Aelsthla-Mental beat you to the riddle.

I may even throw in Necross to provide a myriad of strategies for her deck.

Archived