:: Roleplay Section Improvements Discussion ::

Lessons in originality would also be nice. If I see one more "dark" character (cool, calculating, likes to cool, has a dark past, etc), or one more "loner" character (childhood issues, doesn't talk much, doesn't gfo with groups, etc) I'll... I'll... well, I'll do something, that's what I'll do!

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lessons in originality would also be nice. If I see one more "dark" character (cool' date=' calculating, likes to cool, has a dark past, etc), or one more "loner" character (childhood issues, doesn't talk much, doesn't gfo with groups, etc) I'll... I'll... well, I'll do something, that's what I'll do!

[/quote']

Subtle wink noted.

Oh, I'll still be taking applicants, but I'll probably drop it if there aren't at least 6 decent quality applicants by the end of the week. I currently have two of sufficient quality.

If I don't get enough, I'll go straight back to basics and do a tutor RP. Very simple, but designed to give people the feel of RPs, and improve their writing.

EDIT: Things I'd do to the RP section.

The first, would be to make it a separate forum from fanfic. Why is rping a subforum of fanfic when rp has more posts and visitors, and they deal with very different media?

The second, would be to add a sub-forum called OoC to the new RP forum. For every RP thread, the creator must also make an OoC thread, in which all bios/ooc comments/join requests are posted. That way, there is ONLY RPing in the RP boards.

Then, I'd implement the below rules:

1. Be Respectful to the Board and Users!

2. Keep “In Character”; this is the Role Play area. If you need to converse with someone have OOC conversations, this can be done the through OOC threads, email, private message or a chat program such as AIM, MSN, IRC, etc...

3. No bunnying or godmodding.

4. Be fair and reasonable in combat, and respect the other participants.

5. Any person can be the author of an RP, but may only be the author of TWO open RPs at any time.

6. Put an appropriate age tag (PG, 12A, 13+, 16+, 18+) on your RP.

7. Use grammer as correctly as you can. We sometimes have trouble understanding what people are trying to say.

8. Keep the number of RPs you are in to a maximum of 3 at a time.

9. No pictures in the RP section. Using a picture for your characters appearance is lazy. RPs are conducted in writing, and you will describe your character's appearance in writing.

10. No One-Liners or Mini-Posting.

11. No double-posting, for any reason.

12. Respect the NPCs, and refrain from using them excessively.

Finally, I'd introduce an application system. In order to be able to post in the RP board, you would have to PM a moderator of said board asking to join. The mod will then respond and set you a theme or task to write two paragraphs about. If the standard of spelling and grammar is high enough, and it doesn't break any of the above rules, you would be authorized to post in the RP Board.

Yay/nay?

Finally' date=' I'd introduce an application system. In order to be able to post in the RP board, you would have to PM a moderator of said board asking to join. The mod will then respond and set you a theme or task to write two paragraphs about. If the standard of spelling and grammar is high enough, and it doesn't break any of the above rules, you would be authorized to post in the RP Board.

Yay/nay?

[/quote']

Just about the last part, I believe that role players that are well known enough *people who have been Rping on here for a while and are known as good* shouldn't have to apply, even if that did go into effect, how would people be kept out of the RP section

There's a script for it, I believe, which allows you to only allow certain members to post in whatever section. So if they wanted to join, they could always look, but not post, until they put the application.

Also, all RPers, regardless of how long they have been here for, should have to re-apply, just so that we can be on the moral high ground if some newbie says "well look, they didn't have to do a test".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

intresting so your going to add a ranking system right well that could work but the thing is for me is that people post the APPs and never coming to the rp again.

This is really an issue.

I had to close down my first RP, people were just spamming with 2-3 word posts. I couldn't even do anything without someone God-Modding and telling my character what to do.

I agree that there should be a length minimum. I would say 5 lines though.

There should also be tutorials or examples available as to what the various levels of RPing ability are, sort of like a rubric.

Then RP's could be created and require a certain ranking level, based on the rubric.

This will help to separate the good RP's from the "spam" RP's.

I'm just tired of not getting back what I put in...

If I make a post that says something like:

Meitsu grabbed the orb of light from the forbidden kingdom, but didn't notice the huge rock statues that instantly came to life as soon as he grabbed the orb of light. He did his best to dodge there swords made of rock, and there oddly strange power of turning humans into rocks on the touch. Meitsu being a god wouldn't be affected but Serg, being a human, would be turned to stone. The rock statues were about the punch Serg and make a direct hit. "Serg look out they'll turn you into stone!" Meitsu yelled, trying to get there to save him...

And then the next person only writes:

Serg dodges the attack.

You see what I mean, why put in paragraph posts if your only gonna get our one liners...

We need to get the point across here, we need to get the Role Playing Section it's own forum and make it more noticeable.

You got point, maybe the mods will make point to.

Sure, we always have those imbeciles who try to be a smartass, that's what i'm trying to say; The new rules should be something like this "Each Bio, Appearance and post first posts in that Roleplay have to be 3 or more sentences.

Archived