:: Roleplay Section Improvements Discussion ::

Tried to get the RP section seperate over a year ago... didn't bring up the different sections idea but I am certain that amus who think they are advance will post in the advance section

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd also have one more sub-forum for both' date=' entitled "Sign-Ups", simply because threads got lost too easily.

[/quote']

That's what applications are.

Tried to get the RP section seperate over a year ago... didn't bring up the different sections idea but I am certain that amus who think they are advance will post in the advance section

Members would post in the standard section because they wouldn't want to follow the advanced rules. Those who think they are advanced will be warned accordingly.

Or the thread creator could just put whether it is advanced or not.

examples:

Rise of Hell RP now accepting! PG 16(Advanced)

Bleach RP' date=' Blood of Souls. PG 13. (Non Advanced)

[/quote']

The idea of making separate sections will make it so that you don't need to add the tag-line, and it also allows the sections to be neater and more organized.

When considering whether or not a player is advanced, should we not at least try to test them to prove who is advanced? I am certain RP masters such as (you) Roxas, Supreme or (you) Umbra could more than likely devise a test them. Which could tie into the suggestions of paired forums for Advanced and Simple RPs of course. We're not dealing with extra-special god children here; just people that take part in RPs. Simple is as simple does after all.

I just realized something relating to my suggestion. If Roleplay were to become its own section, then it would still have to be connected to Fanfic in some way. How does this work?

• Creative Writing

* Fan Fiction

* Standard Roleplay

- Applications

- Out of Chatacter

* Advanced Roleplay

- Applications

- Out of Character

Honestly, I'd prefer this, and it would fill a lot of constant questions:

• Creative Writing

* Fan Fiction

* Original Literature

- Poetry

* Standard Roleplay

- Applications

- Out of Chatacter

* Advanced Roleplay

- Applications

- Out of Character

- Fiction

-- Fanfiction

-- Original Literature

-- Poetry

- Roleplaying [Advanced Clause is applied]

-- Basic Roleplaying [Watered-down Advanced Clause is applied]

Would be my ideal set-up. Different forums for Applications (handled via PM) or OoC (Also handled via PM) is unnecessary.

Oout of Character occasionally needs to be conducted between more than two people, so I'd disagree with it being always PM-able, and an OoC section would probably be fairly useful. Also, why are you sticking Original Writing and Poetry in something named Fan Fiction? The Creative Writing title mentioned earlier seems more apt.

Oout of Character occasionally needs to be conducted between more than two people' date=' so I'd disagree with it being always PM-able, and an OoC section would probably be fairly useful. Also, why are you sticking Original Writing and Poetry in something named Fan Fiction? The Creative Writing title mentioned earlier seems more apt.

[/quote']

PMs can have up to five recipients at a time, which means that six people can be included in any PM conversation. And I just realized that something was wrong about the set-up:

* Fiction (Original stories go in main forum)

-- Fan Fiction

-- Poetry

* Roleplay (Full Advanced Clause)

-- Basic Roleplay (Watered-down Advanced Clause)

IF we divide Roleplay at all, that is. Currently, I see no direct need to.

I'd be on the side of turning post count off. It will not harm any RP in anyway. Anyone who honestly RPs less or quits because of that is just here to get posts' date=' aka, spam.

Why not just put {B} at the end of a topic title, like the PG-13/16 Stickers? {B} for Basic RPs. It doesn't require a useless sub-forum and people can make RPs that anyone, regardless of post quality, can join, while the Advanced Clause stays in effect for all RPs that don't add the {B} to the title. It seems the easiest and cleanest compromise, 3 characters in a topic title and no more need be said or done while both sides can be pleased, Advanced Clause stays and learning RPers or RPers who don't wish to follow a more advanced writing style can maintain their topics. This would be best done with turning post count off as that would stop any complains about people taking advantage of {B} RPs for post count.

[/quote']

The problem with this is the same problem I had in the Graphics Requests, people did not like posting things in the title or following some kind of layout and found it to be "too strict".

When considering whether or not a player is advanced' date=' should we not at least try to test them to prove who is advanced? I am certain RP masters such as (you) Roxas, Supreme or (you) Umbra could more than likely devise a test them. Which could tie into the suggestions of paired forums for Advanced and Simple RPs of course. We're not dealing with extra-special god children here; just people that take part in RPs. Simple is as simple does after all.

[/quote']

This is essentially the ranking system I suggested, lol. However as you can see a lot of people were just complaining about it. Next idea please.

Honestly' date=' I'd prefer this, and it would fill a lot of constant questions:

• Creative Writing

* Fan Fiction

* Original Literature

- Poetry

* Standard Roleplay

- Applications

- Out of Chatacter

* Advanced Roleplay

- Applications

- Out of Character

[/quote']

How about this...

• Creative Writing

* Fan-Fiction

- Poetry

* Roleplaying

- Standard Roleplay

- Advanced Roleplay

- Roleplay Applications

- Out of Character Discussions/Roleplay Discussions

In my opinion, why do we need applications and OOC TWICE when you we can have one forum of each that deals with the threads of both.

EDIT: And on a final note, I suggest we unsticky all the rule relating threads that are stickied and as a Roleplaying Community discuss and create our own rules and such if any of the above is put into effect.

• Creative Writing

* Fan-Fiction

- Poetry

* Roleplaying

- Standard Roleplay

- Advanced Roleplay

- Roleplay Applications

No' date=' my whole point was is that people [i']want[/i] a specific original writing area. So, basically:

• Creative Writing

* Writing

- Fan-Fiction

- Poetry

* Roleplaying

- Standard Roleplay

- Advanced Roleplay

- Roleplay Applications

The general 'Writing' area would be for original works, whilst fan-fiction in fan-fiction and poetry in poetry. Roleplay is self-explanatory.

Oout of Character occasionally needs to be conducted between more than two people' date=' so I'd disagree with it being always PM-able, and an OoC section would probably be fairly useful. Also, why are you sticking Original Writing and Poetry in something named Fan Fiction? The Creative Writing title mentioned earlier seems more apt.

[/quote']

PMs can have up to five recipients at a time, which means that six people can be included in any PM conversation. And I just realized that something was wrong about the set-up:

-- Fan Fiction

-- Poetry

I think Roleplay should just follow the standard rules with a sub-forum that follows that Advanced Clause.

• Creative Writing

* Fan-Fiction

- Poetry

* Roleplaying

- Standard Roleplay

- Advanced Roleplay

- Roleplay Applications

No' date=' my whole point was is that people [i']want[/i] a specific original writing area. So, basically:

• Creative Writing

* Writing

- Fan-Fiction

- Poetry

* Roleplaying

- Standard Roleplay

- Advanced Roleplay

- Roleplay Applications

The general 'Writing' area would be for original works, whilst fan-fiction in fan-fiction and poetry in poetry. Roleplay is self-explanatory.

And what else are you gonna write besides fan-fiction and poetry? Even though poetry seems pointless in and out of itself.

• Creative Writing

* Fan-Fiction

- Poetry

* Roleplaying

- Standard Roleplay

- Advanced Roleplay

- Roleplay Applications

• Creative Writing

* Writing

- Fan-Fiction

- Poetry

* Roleplaying

- Standard Roleplay

- Advanced Roleplay

- Roleplay Applications

And what else are you gonna write besides fan-fiction and poetry? Even though poetry seems pointless in and out of itself.

I think Sheena is the only other person that realizes "original" can be interpreted the wrong way' date=' since in occasions like these, original usually means something you created.

[/quote']

Exactly? Original Works, traditional pieces. Non-Fan-fiction, stories written from your own ideas and imagination. I do it a lot, and end up posting it in Fan-fiction.

What can be done to make my RP'ing more enjoyable...Hmm....idk...Maybe NOT invoke this Advanced Clause bull crap. Idc if all u people out there want to have your RP's nice neat and perfect, but guess what, that's not gonna happen. It's going to start driving people away because they start getting warnings for not following the AC perfectly like eveyone wants them to.

I suggest that if an RP creator wants the AC to be in effect on his/her RP, he/she should state it in the title, so that people like me (who barely ever use dialogue, but still write 6 line posts) and others can still enjoy this section of the forum. Basically, just put ACE RP (Advanced Clause Enforced RP) in the title and poof, you dont have to worry about people who don't follow your strict rules bugging you. They can just go off into other Rp's where people dont care about such things.

Just my opinion.

Yeah sorry I just kinda blurted that out.

[/quote']

-- Fan Fiction

-- Poetry

I think Roleplay should just follow the standard rules with a sub-forum that follows that Advanced Clause.

Better than my idea. Instead of having all those letters in the titles just make a new sub-forum.

I think Sheena is the only other person that realizes "original" can be interpreted the wrong way' date=' since in occasions like these, original usually means something you created.

[/quote']

Exactly? Original Works, traditional pieces. Non-Fan-fiction, stories written from your own ideas and imagination. I do it a lot, and end up posting it in Fan-fiction.

I havent written one, but I do think a place to put them would also be a good idea.

Well now that I read more around the entire section and everything, I think I am over-reacting. It does seem like most people worth RP'ing with at all do follow the AC, and I just didn't quite grasp the meaning of what the AC was about. I mean there are some instances where it's kinda hard to write 4 sentences without godmoding or just typing out something already established, but one time isn't a lot. I just really over-reacted on this one.

I'm just gonna go sit in my corner and stay away from discussion topics again.

Woudn't the "general writing area" be a place to discuss actual books' date=' like the Harry Potter books?

[/quote']

If that was the case, it would be put in Multimedia or Other, and as a Literature section.

[align=center]This.

The general writing area would entitle original pieces, as we need a section for them in my opinion.[/align]

Archived