:: Roleplay Section Improvements Discussion ::

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woudn't the "general writing area" be a place to discuss actual books' date=' like the Harry Potter books?

[/quote']

If that was the case, it would be put in Multimedia or Other, and as a Literature section.

[align=center]This.

The general writing area would entitle original pieces, as we need a section for them in my opinion.[/align]

Provide links to at least 10 of these original pieces on YCM and you have reason, otherwise it won't happen.

Uhm..I don't really know if this has been discussed..but how about we introduce a Ranking System for the RP section, becuse I've seen countless RP's with epic plots ruined by people with not as much RP experience *Cough* NOOBS*Cough*(and I'm serious when I tell you that someone on this site( A 5 STAR MEMBER!) Godmods purposely because he sees it as "FAIR PLAY"., because everyone wants their character to win...and therefore, he makes the battle fair by godmoding..[i'm paraphrasing his response when I confronted him about Godmoding.)

I'd do it from class D to A (a being best)

As to how the people gain ranking, not by number of posts, but people(more precisely experienced RP players..like Roxas, Sheena, Umbra) themeselves must name them RP Class 1...and when people create an RP They PUT like [Only for Class A RP Players]..or [Class- D RP]..so that newbies can get the hang of roleplay and eventually move up classes and join RP's of a higher rank.But if the owner doesn't mind noobs, [Classes D-A RP]...or if he wants some good members with less experience [Classes B and up]..etc.

Now as to how to move up the ranks, you must apply to some sort of test to the Class-A RP player's (I'd make like a club for them)..

Anyways this is just a suggestion..and you can modify it to make it fit YCM beter..or ignore it..I don't really care.

• 3 weeks later...

There Cannot Be an Advanced Clause, as It is Elitist and Wrong. so Many Members will Leave or become Banned from this site that Whoever made the ones that Made or Reinstated this Clause Mods will Regret it. So much hate has Brewed from this clause that it can flow out into the Forum as an Inferno(Or Mass Flaming) at anytime. I cannot Tolerate these Elitist Actions, Many of my Friends had been hit with the Banhammer many times. I will not Tolerate the Pain i feel from My Friends any longer.......

So I Urge you.......

STOP THESE ELITIST ACTIONS!!!!!!!!

[align=right]Sincerely:

Flandre Scarlet, Legend among all.... Tainted by None[/align]

I've been quiet enough about how INCORRECT the So-Called "Advanced" Clause can even be Advanced!

THIS (Just go to a thread and read some posts >.>): http://roleplayerguild.com/f9/ IS ADVANCED!!!!

Be lucky you whining Babies that Umbra didn't enforce, the Correctly Advanced Format on us, Be lucky he's barely touching Advanced!

So everyone STFU and stop whining! IT COULD BE A funk LOT WORSE!

I for one think a third clause should be added, the Elite Clause. The Advanced Clause will remain in effect, but the Elite Clause will be entirely optional. Needless to say, this Elite Clause will have even higher standards than the Advanced Clause. I can only think of a scarce amount of people that would even think of participating in roleplays of such standards, thus I would like to propose the following: In addition to this hypothetical Elite Clause, a roleplay of that standard shall be created and made into a featured roleplay, with the intent of inspiring others. With luck, people will try to improve to meet the standards exhibited by this roleplay, effectively reaching at least the advanced level. Of course, this is filled with a plane-full of "if", but I think it would be very beneficial.

I like how Shadius and Rinne discussed the Advanced Clause and put their names on the announcement but forgot to say anything to me. I was and still am the Roleplay Moderator, and I am against the Advanced Clause and intend to have it removed, as much as I hate one liners we have been discussing having roleplay for both advanced and non-advanced roleplayers, and if you don't like it then next time discuss this with me before acting and not thinking.

There Cannot Be an Advanced Clause' date=' as It is Elitist and Wrong. so Many Members will Leave or become Banned from this site that Whoever made the ones that Made or Reinstated this Clause Mods will Regret it. So much hate has Brewed from this clause that it can flow out into the Forum as an Inferno(Or Mass Flaming) at anytime. I cannot Tolerate these Elitist Actions, Many of my Friends had been hit with the Banhammer many times. I will not Tolerate the Pain i feel from My Friends any longer.......

So I Urge you.......

[align=right]Sincerely:

*Cough*

What she said.

There Cannot Be an Advanced Clause' date=' as It is Elitist and Wrong. so Many Members will Leave or become Banned from this site that Whoever made the ones that Made or Reinstated this Clause Mods will Regret it. So much hate has Brewed from this clause that it can flow out into the Forum as an Inferno(Or Mass Flaming) at anytime. I cannot Tolerate these Elitist Actions, Many of my Friends had been hit with the Banhammer many times. I will not Tolerate the Pain i feel from My Friends any longer.......

So I Urge you.......

[align=right]Sincerely:

*Cough*

What she said.

Seeing as things can be freely discussed here...

*Cracks knuckles*

I'll tell you now, I'm not Elitist, but I do support the AC.

Why? Because I'm sick of all these generic RPs that just create spam. It was livable before, as there weren't that much. But now, it's crazy. The only decent RPs that I consider joining are ether the ones with Advance in their title, or ones recommended by friends. Honestly, it's not that hard to add 3 more sentences to the usual one-liner. I'm sure if your LA teachers were reading this, they'd smack you in the face for being obnoxious snobs that are too lazy to add an extra couple of sentences.

We're not asking to be better at RPs. All we're asking for, is an extra couple of sentences.

None of these actions are Elitist in any way, but honestly, I'm tired of having these spam filled generic RPs littered in this RP section.

Also, don't give me that "Look at it from a different perspective" crap. You think I haven't? Every sensible person has looked at it from different perspectives. Has my opinion swyaed in any way? Hell no.

If there are some RPers that are incapable of adding 3 extra sentences, then don't RP here.

I've been on numerous sites with RP sections, and known of them have had it as worse as this. Some sites you'd have to PM a mod with an RP example to even be allowed to RP.

If you honestly can't bear to RP here with the AC, then guess what? Stop RPing here.

Archived