Super Smash Bros Official Thread (Remake)

Flame Dragon

Well think about it, items do not give an advantage if both charecters can use them, how they use them is up to there skills, if the opponent cant dodge a final smash, there not good enough, the person who gets the item first, is faster on time...

the point is, if items are enabled, everyone can use them, you need to use them correctly, and a skilled player can still win if fighting AGIANST items

No, items add a level of luck to them game that shouldn't be there when thousands of dollars are on the line. If an item drops near a player they gain a huge advantage because of it. Some creates have bombs in them meaning if one drops while your attacking or you throw it and you get a kill from it that is a lot of luck.

Also some FS can not be avoid giving those characters a huge advantage. Others are upgrades make those very hard to avoid as well. The ones that don't fall into those groups are often OHKO moves meaning your if some one ever gives an opening they are dead. FS add to much luck to the game because they create huge swings in advantage. Also again, the smash ball might spawn when the other character is flying off the top giving the player that's alive an unfair advantage

Just because both characters can use them doesn't mean they will and that is because of the luck of how and when they drop. As I said you don't want something like that swinging a game and costing you thousands.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah tournaments are really striked about things like items. I actually read you could only use the original wii remote set up [nuncuks and the remote], no items, play on only the Final Stage [the flat one] and only use the people the game is set up with [no special unlockable persons like Wolf]

Normally I would be fine with everything, as I play Fox the best, if it wasn't for the original Wii Remote set up [as I cannot play it thaqt way]. My brother would be good with everything, but he plays Wolf the best so naturally that stops him from doing his best; though Ike is still a good playable character for him.

Yeah tournaments are really striked about things like items. I actually read you could only use the original wii remote set up [nuncuks and the remote], no items, play on only the Final Stage [the flat one] and only use the people the game is set up with [no special unlockable persons like Wolf]

Normally I would be fine with everything, as I play Fox the best, if it wasn't for the original Wii Remote set up [as I cannot play it thaqt way]. My brother would be good with everything, but he plays Wolf the best so naturally that stops him from doing his best; though Ike is still a good playable character for him.

o_O

I'm pretty sure everything except the "no items" thing is wrong.

Wang it is only for major tournaments, you know people will bet money on everything.

As for your doubt TaAG, unless Gameinformer or whatever video game magazine I had read it from is wrong then I'm pretty sure that is true. Unbelievable, maybe, but positively true.

Chances are whatever gaming magazine you read this from is wrong.

*shrugs*

Alright, if you don't believe me

The thing about it is that I have NEVER heard ANYWHERE that said these things.

1) The controller thing doesn't make sense.

2) The stage thing makes even less sense, considering that there is a generally used stage "tier" list that allows stages such as Castle Siege and the Melee Pokemon Stadium.

3) The character thing is just flat-out wrong. Otherwise, how do you account for the character tier list?

It's not a matter of "I just don't believe you."; it's a matter of "All signs point toward you or your source being straight-up wrong."

Still, its enough that people online over react to everything, but now people have to bet thousands of dollars in order to play a video game tournement?

They don't bet the money. They pay an entry fee, depends on the size but it MIGHT reach a 100 or so. Then they play with the winner taking home a large some of the pot with second getting a smaller piece.

Also, from my general experiences most tournaments have some entry fee unless you get an invite to it.

Whats the point of the golden hammer? Thats rare

Anyway EX: your in a match with your friend (items turned on of course), he smashes you, and right before you go flying, a mushroom spawns, you fly through it, and get a 1-up, thus you survive that last smash, then come down with an eruption (assuming your playing with Ike) and win, it's all about luck

speaking of (no) items

who else thinks there should be a super 1-up mushroom item?

Name: 1-up mushroom

Image: a mushroom, except green not red

Effect: Increases one stock (adds to time points, and returns coins to normal from last death)

rarity 1/9001

I'M GLAD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THIS!

It should be like the dragoon. Only once a match, at MOST first to get it gets it.

IMO

Archived