[YCMaker Forums Discussion] - Your Ideas, Suggestions + General Thoughts!

Junk Raver

I doubt Browarod will have time for that. Though it's a good idea. The problem is that there are too many posts per day in that thread for 1 Super Moderator' date=' that he still does delete all the unfair reps in the thread, plus modding, and changing names[/b']. =) but it's a great idea.

Fixed, and so true.

In that case Crab could help... Dj is not on frequently anymore so I don't think he could do that.

[spoiler=Threads]

I propose a "Dead Threads" Section in the Other Forum, beneath Introductions. Mods of their respective section will lock threads that have long since died, and move as many locked threads as they want to that section. Card Contests is exempt from this for obvious reasons.

Furthermore, there should be an automatic bump button. This button can only be used with the same thread every 24 hours. This might use up a lot of bandwidth though.

That could not happen. MyBB doesn't have that kind of plug-in. Maybe YCMaker could filter that "Bump" word, then no post count should be on nor the thread's post count.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt Browarod will have time for that. Though it's a good idea. The problem is that there are too many posts per day in that thread for 1 Super Moderator' date=' that he still does delete all the unfair reps in the thread, plus modding, and changing names[/b']. =) but it's a great idea.

Fixed, and so true.

In that case Crab could help... Dj is not on frequently anymore so I don't think he could do that.

Lol Crab help?

Fixed, and so true.

Lol Crab help?

By flaming some n00bs, duh.

Just thought i'd walk in here and ask about Attachments being removed again. :P

Take it to Comments & Suggestions?

I'm not even sure why this thread exists, it ruins the point of a whole forum (Comments & Suggestions).

I say it should be locked and un-sticky'd so we can go back to the proper way of suggesting things.

Just thought i'd walk in here and ask about Attachments being removed again. :P

Take it to Comments & Suggestions?

I'm not even sure why this thread exists' date=' it ruins the point of a whole forum (Comments & Suggestions).

I say it should be locked and un-sticky'd so we can go back to the proper way of suggesting things.

[/quote']

It cuts down on clutter.

Way to look a gift horse in the mouth. -.-"

I'd suggest PM'ing YCMaker or FP. That's how things usually get done. If they don't respond' date=' post a thread in the Mod Forum about it.

[/quote']

And why couldn't you do that regarding the Former Moderator List?

Right. -.-"

Due to the overwhelming amount of suggestions I have received, I'm going to close this thread; we have a "Comments & Suggestions" section.

Most members don't wish to thoroughly read 30+ pages of suggestions, so individual threads with individual ideas will be a more organized way of handling things, and will prevent clutter and confusion.

The "Comments & Suggestions" section has a strong possibility of losing its purpose and popularity on this site, if this thread continues to exist.

So if you didn't get the chance to fully state one of your opinions/ideas about a certain subject, just create a topic in the "Comments & Suggestions" section, and I'm sure that things will work out.

If you strongly disagree with this action, feel free to send me a private message.

Thanks everyone, for your cooperation.

Stuff private messaging' date=' this thread has helped create multimedia forums, would you even be a Moderator if not for this thread? It can keep on helping this forum, it stays open, and stickied.

[/quote']

We wouldn't need this thread if people would actually look at the Suggestions section.

This whole thread is stupid.

Stuff private messaging' date=' this thread has helped create multimedia forums, would you even be a Moderator if not for this thread? It can keep on helping this forum, it stays open, and stickied.

[/quote']

Exactly, that is what I have been saying, but I don't have the power to express it the right way.

[/quote']

We wouldn't need this thread if people would actually look at the Suggestions section.

This whole thread is stupid.

People did look at the suggestions in that forum. But you guys kept complaining about how "no one ever does anything for you". So, we opened this thread.

Oh and look what's different now. A whole new forum, other forums were updated:

CC

GD

Plugins

More Mods.

Forum Team Page Updated.

Name Changes changed (twice)

This thread, is more beneficial, then that forum.

The only reason that this thread would be "bad" is because you have to actually do some work to read the posts.

But damn it all, that's why were mods, to actually do work.

And besides, why are you complaining? For one, your a member and don't even need to worry about it. Two, your one of the members who were complaining the first time.

We wouldn't need to complain if you actually DID look at the suggestions suggestion. =P

I do, I know for a fact the other Mods do.

But were not the ones with the capability implementing these things.

So here's your options:

You can either keep complaining to disband this thread, to go back to a forum, where no suggestions were implemented.

Or you can keep this thread, and have the winning side.

0 - 9(or however many changes were made)

Hmm, I'd stay with the thread.

The Multimedia forum is thanks to the Suggestion section NOT this thread and I think I'd know.

Just mentioning this.

This thread was made, to show "A new era" In the administration.

(gotta love how far im taking this)

It is a key symbol of change, and taking it away, I believe is foolish.

lol XD

I support the thread just mentioning that the Multimedia section had nothing to do with this thread it just provided Faint motivation to start the original thread =]

I quoted the wrong post' date=' but oh well.

But still, the essence of the thread, lead to the changes.

[/quote']

yes.

Also, Super Mods shouldn't be in the Moderators list as they are Super's not normal mods.

lol XD

I support the thread just mentioning that the Multimedia section had nothing to do with this thread it just provided Faint motivation to start the original thread =]

I quoted the wrong post' date=' but oh well.

But still, the essence of the thread, lead to the changes.

[/quote']

yes.

Also, Super Mods shouldn't be in the Moderators list as they are Super's not normal mods.

That's exactly what I have been saying since I became a mod.

Ever since Raver reopened this thread it's been nothing but disagreements. Shanoa, if I could wave a Magic Wand and make even 20% of these ideas happen I would, Hand on my Heart. But the only person who can put these great ideas into motion is YCMaker. QCS has been seeing a lot less Traffic lately with this Topic as well, I don't mind reading the latest posts but most of the time it's "YCM doesn't look at our ideas" or "YCMaker doesn't read our ideas" Well I for one think he DOES, take a look at how much change has happened the last Month or 2. We have a Whole new forum (2/3 with Mods already) Custom Cards have seen some slight changes (Which I take my hat off to YCMaker for)

YCMaker and the rest of the Mod team are looking at the Topics and Suggestions, but some either aren't viable or would take up too much resources.

That thread's existence basically says "Hey' date=' guys, anyone posting in C&S is wasting their time, because we don't listen to what you say!"

C&S serves the same purpose and is a far more organized place for making comments and suggestions; a separate thread for each suggestion allows much easier discussion than having one topic with a jumble of posts that most people don't have the patience to read because of this lack of organization.

The only way to justify keeping the thread is to close down C&S; having both is stupid. Between the two, C&S is better in every way; hence, we kill the sticky to keep C&S.

[/quote']

Agreed. I do spend time reading through the suggestions in the Comments and Suggestions forum; I don't always take action or comment but I like to stay informed. The YCMaker Suggestion thread is a linear stream of ideas and its less functional and organized then the forum dedicated to the same topic. I understand that it gives members a chance to discuss the site in a broader sense, and encourages more interactions with mods, but we should be able to take this enthusiasm and bring it to the Comments and Suggestions forum.

The "Comments & Suggestions" section serves the same exact purpose of this thread; to help improve upon this site with the opinions and view points of the members themselves.

YCMaker stated himself that he spends time reading content in the "Comments & Suggestions" section. But keep in mind, just because he views the section, doesn't mean he has to post his comment on every single thread.

If you're still pretty desperate to keep this thread opened and stickied, you can go ahead and suggest it in the "Comments & Suggestions" section.

Thanks everyone, for your cooperation.

Archived