[YCMaker Forums Discussion] - Your Ideas, Suggestions + General Thoughts!

Junk Raver

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an Idea. A Member of the Month thread. It can be hosted by Super Moderators.

Now, here's the details (AKA, Rules I have thought up for this.)

--Only 4 nominees for the poll.

--One nominee from one nominator.

--Any one nominated cannot vote within the poll.

--All voting needs to be done after the fourth nomination is selected.

--All nominations must be discussed within a certain discussion thread,

Any further rules to be suggested would be nice. :)

Any supporters? Oh, and the prize for winning the member of the month can be 2 +reps from the host of the Member of the Month Thread. If you can think of different prizes, please discuss them.

Here's an Idea. A Member of the Month thread. It can be hosted by Super Moderators.

Now' date=' here's the details (AKA, Rules I have thought up for this.)

Any supporters? Oh, and the prize for winning the member of the month can be 2 +reps from the host of the Member of the Month Thread. If you can think of different prizes, please discuss them.

[/quote']

Good Idea

Now' date=' here's the details (AKA, Rules I have thought up for this.)

[/quote']

No.

On light of recent events, I have a suggestion to make that I've been holding back in fear that I might be missing the larger picture...

But I think it's pretty obvious by now that temporary bans are not a solution to any actual problem. Some members have just been/will soon be temp-banned again, and will they have changed when the date expires? We all know they won't. Temporary bans are a way of delaying the inevitable, and automatic bans by 100% Warning Level are a lazy way to deal with an issue. Either ban somebody for good, or don't ban them at all.

On light of recent events' date=' I have a suggestion to make that I've been holding back in fear that I might be missing the larger picture...

But I think it's pretty obvious by now that temporary bans are not a solution to any actual problem. Some members have just been/will soon be temp-banned [i']again[/i], and will they have changed when the date expires? We all know they won't. Temporary bans are a way of delaying the inevitable, and automatic bans by 100% Warning Level are a lazy way to deal with an issue. Either ban somebody for good, or don't ban them at all.

You see, we believe in giving people a second chance, therefore, the Warnings Come into place.

It is like a slap on the wrist. The ban that follows a full warning is like a Night in Jail.

Now however, I do whole heartedly believe that repeat offenders should be Perma Banned on the spot, no If's, And's, But's about it.

And, yes, I do know, that would be lets see... 1.. 2... 3.. 4 bans automatically.

You see' date=' we believe in giving people a second chance, therefore, the Warnings Come into place.

It is like a slap on the wrist. The ban that follows a full warning is like a Night in Jail.

Now however, I do whole heartedly believe that repeat offenders should be Perma Banned on the spot, no If's, And's, But's about it.

And, yes, I do know, that would be lets see... 1.. 2... 3.. 4 bans automatically.

[/quote']

I didn't express myself adequately, but you got my point anyway: Temp-bans are adequate, like you said, as "a slap in the wrist". But they should only be exercised once. Repeatedly temp-banning somebody is closing the eyes to an obvious problem that should be permanently dealt with. Warnings serve their purpose but are being relied on way too much, one temp-banned per member is what I suggest, and from then on, permanent bans. Second chances are fair, third chances are excessive.

You see' date=' we believe in giving people a second chance, therefore, the Warnings Come into place.

[/quote']

I didn't express myself adequately, but you got my point anyway: Temp-bans are adequate, like you said, as "a slap in the wrist". But they should only be exercised once. Repeatedly temp-banning somebody is closing the eyes to an obvious problem that should be permanently dealt with. Warnings serve their purpose but are being relied on way too much, one temp-banned per member is what I suggest, and from then on, permanent bans. Second chances are fair, third chances are excessive.

In the real world you get three strikes and your out. Why not give it here, and make the whiners stop whining?

Archived