[YCMaker Forums Discussion] - Your Ideas, Suggestions + General Thoughts!

Junk Raver

Perhaps a level of mod just in charge of updating the calendar? Like' date=' making it so that any important contests or dates or birthdays or stuff are up there, instead of just Birthdays?

[/quote']

That Could Be An Idea, But Were Would We Get A Mod Who Would Remember And Bother To Do It?

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about a COTW? Card Of The Week. It can be made & pinned each week by a Moderator. So it's an official contest. Every week a moderator makes a thread & pins it. For Example

[Thread Name - Insert Date in Here [Month & Day] -]

(Inside Thread)
COTW -Insert Date here - 
    Theme - -insert theme here-    
    [add a little sprinkles to the theme like, "This theme is cliche, etc]

* All Cards are to be submitted from -insert day here- to -insert day here-.
     on -insert day here- and -insert day here- the judges will choose the winning Card.

* Submission is final do not edit your entry post. Any entry whose post is edited by the member who makes the post will automatically be disqualified. Contact a moderator if you want a change in your post.
   * Minimum -insert # of posts- posts required to enter this contest.
   * No premades.
   * more info refer here [make a thread about the COTW first & how it works & what the prizes are etc]
   * You may discuss anything regarding the COTW in here. But Keep your discussions to a minimum.

COTW CODE [YCMaker should make this. Like [COTW] -insert link here- [/COTW]]
 * Shortcut -insert shortcut here-

Example:
-insert example of the code here-

This is just something brief I saw in forums & stuff. But if you have anything to add or say about it please do.

Inactive mods need to be demoted.

Icyjew for CC Mod.

Claire for General Mod.

Glasstin for General Mod.

Judgement Dragon for TCG Mod.

Cyber Altair for GD Mod.

Chaotix for GD Mod.

Promote Umbra to Super Mod.

Make FP a visible Admin' date=' perhaps promote Browa to Admin.

Add a Media Category.

Unban Draco, and if he continues to be an jabroni, keep him banned. Rep spamming doesn't equal a perma ban which shouldn't've existed in the first place.

Better enforcement of rules and member punishments. I got away with way too much with my latest warns, if anything, I should've been perma'd. Know why I did it? Because I already see loads of other people doing without being punished (*cough totality cough*).

YCMaker NEEDS to be active. Go funk yourself if you think he doesn't need to be. Go to any other decent forum; Guild Inn, Planet Renders, SXR, PokeCommunity, etc. you'll see that the Administrators are active and for a good reason. YCMaker needs to get a real username, and be active with the community. He needs to keep updates on the Plugins and actually LISTEN member's suggestions.

That is all. [/quote']

Icyjew for CC Mod.

Claire for General Mod.

Glasstin for General Mod.

Cyber Altair for GD Mod.

Chaotix for GD Mod.

Make FP a visible Admin <<< Or a Co-Owner' date=' perhaps promote [b']Browa to Admin.<<< Trust worthy guy.[/b]

Add a Media Category.

Unban Draco, and if he continues to be an a******, keep him banned. Rep spamming doesn't equal a perma ban which shouldn't've existed in the first place.

Better enforcement of rules and member punishments. I got away with way too much with my latest warns, if anything, I should've been perma'd. Know why I did it? Because I already see loads of other people doing without being punished (*cough totality cough*).

YCMaker NEEDS to be active. Go f*** yourself if you think he doesn't need to be. Go to any other decent forum; Guild Inn, Planet Renders, SXR, PokeCommunity, etc. you'll see that the Administrators are active and for a good reason. YCMaker needs to get a real username <<< Everyone has a choice of name. True we might dislike it but it's his choice., and be active with the community. He needs to keep updates on the Plugins and actually LISTEN member's suggestions.

That is all.

I agree with some but not all.

Key:

[bold] - I do agree

[underlined] - I do not agree

Sorry I must have forgot about bold-ing that.

Well Fantasystarer isn't called AnimeRender or AR, Scorpio isn't called AR. Yet it's his choice we can't argue with him.

Make FP a visible Admin' date=' perhaps promote Browa to Admin.

Add a Media Category.

YCMaker NEEDS to be active. Go f*** yourself if you think he doesn't need to be. Go to any other decent forum; Guild Inn, Planet Renders, SXR, PokeCommunity, etc. you'll see that the Administrators are active and for a good reason. YCMaker needs to get a real username, and be active with the community. He needs to keep updates on the Plugins and actually LISTEN member's suggestions.

That is all. [/quote']

I quoted the ones I like, which turned out to be quite many.

Perhaps a level of mod just in charge of updating the calendar? Like' date=' making it so that any important contests or dates or birthdays or stuff are up there, instead of just Birthdays?

[/quote']

That Could Be An Idea, But Were Would We Get A Mod Who Would Remember And Bother To Do It?

Any mod can update the calendar. This sounds like a great idea, actually. I'm going to gather a list of important events around the site and add them.:)

And yes, the reps thing is annoying. I say they should be set back to 3.

I know I suggest a lot, but I'd really like to see this.

1. Move Role-Play out of Fan-Fic, they aren't related.

2. Give Role-Play a sub-forum named "Sign-Up" for sign-up threads to go. This will avoid a lot of clutter.

Also, to Umbra:

I'd like to see these two rules being enforced:

1. Grammar

-You must use proper grammar during a Role-Play.

2. Minimum word count

-You must have at least x amount of words during a post when participating in an active Role-Play. I've seen too much of "Person #1 picks up the glass and takes a sip" during a post. More description is needed.

i think there should be a whole new section where 2 people duel each other over the sit here is an example

a: lets start with 8000 lp

B:okay

A: I'll start i draw go alligator sword in attack mode and i end my turn

B: i summon goblin attack force in attack mode and destroy alligator sword. you lose 700 life points

I drew Exodia. Shame, I win.

How about a COTW? Card Of The Week. It can be made & pinned each week by a Moderator. So it's an official contest. Every week a moderator makes a thread & pins it. For Example

[Thread Name - Insert Date in Here [Month & Day] -]

(Inside Thread)
COTW -Insert Date here - 
    Theme - -insert theme here-    
    [add a little sprinkles to the theme like, "This theme is cliche, etc]

* All Cards are to be submitted from -insert day here- to -insert day here-.
     on -insert day here- and -insert day here- the judges will choose the winning Card.

* Submission is final do not edit your entry post. Any entry whose post is edited by the member who makes the post will automatically be disqualified. Contact a moderator if you want a change in your post.
   * Minimum -insert # of posts- posts required to enter this contest.
   * No premades.
   * more info refer here [make a thread about the COTW first & how it works & what the prizes are etc]
   * You may discuss anything regarding the COTW in here. But Keep your discussions to a minimum.

COTW CODE [YCMaker should make this. Like [COTW] -insert link here- [/COTW]]
 * Shortcut -insert shortcut here-

Example:
-insert example of the code here-

This is just something brief I saw in forums & stuff. But if you have anything to add or say about it please do.

Also, Wouldn't it be nice if we had an avatar size 150 x 150? or 120 x 120?

We also need a text filter. For those of you who don't know what a text filter is, simply it adjusts your text color size & the alignment of it. It should be located in your profile so you can change it whenever you want. You can add any color you want I think, but only if you have it's code which you can simply find out if you have Gimp or Photoshop.

We also need a text filter. For those of you who don't know what a text filter is' date=' simply it adjusts your text color size & the alignment of it. It should be located in your profile so you can change it whenever you want. You can add any color you want I think, but only if you have it's code which you can simply find out if you have Gimp or Photoshop.

[/quote']

I don't think MyBB has such a code =/

We also need a text filter. For those of you who don't know what a text filter is' date=' simply it adjusts your text color size & the alignment of it. It should be located in your profile so you can change it whenever you want. You can add any color you want I think, but only if you have it's code which you can simply find out if you have Gimp or Photoshop.

[/quote']

I don't think MyBB has such a code =/

Then I can request it. If someone doesn't make it at the Support Forums, then I can ask my friend and expert Plugin-creator Nickman.

Archived