[YCMaker Forums Discussion] - Your Ideas, Suggestions + General Thoughts!

Junk Raver

I still vote myself for TCG mod.

Your ego amazes me.

=/

I second that =P

- Create subforums in Videogames for specific genres: RPGs' date=' Shooters, Sports, etc. This one may be a little tougher since most people might not be able to properly figure out a game's genre at post it in the wrong subforum, but still, it could be worth a try.

[/quote']

I'm not really supporting this =P

Would create too many forums and some sections will be really dead a lot of the times =P

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah' date=' I'm not crazy about that particular suggestion either, but it's already tough to find out a particular thread amidst the dozens of games I don't care about, and it'll only get tougher as time passes, so I thought some kind of division could be helpful. ;)

[/quote']

Simple to fix.

The Mod (whoever it may be) should disallow duplicate threads of a game and force you to Search before posting. If you don't, it results in a +2 warn.

Yeah' date=' I'm not crazy about that particular suggestion either, but it's already tough to find out a particular thread amidst the dozens of games I don't care about, and it'll only get tougher as time passes, so I thought some kind of division could be helpful. ;)

[/quote']

Simple to fix.

The Mod (whoever it may be) should disallow duplicate threads of a game and force you to Search before posting. If you don't, it results in a +2 warn.

Incidentally, Searching is already the only available solution, so there isn't much "fixing" to be done in that regard. In addition, duplicate threads are being reported as soon as they come up - they already break existing rules, so they're already "disallowed".

A mod's role isn't to force somebody to take a long route if an easier one is possible. If only, it's his job to keep things tidy and organized, not issue warnings to people who get lost in a mess he doesn't feel like cleaning. Sure, searching is every member's duty before posting - but there's no reason for a moderator to take comfort in that obligation. ;)

How about a COTW? Card Of The Week. It can be made & pinned each week by a Moderator. So it's an official contest. Every week a moderator makes a thread & pins it. For Example

[Thread Name - Insert Date in Here [Month & Day] -]

(Inside Thread)
COTW -Insert Date here - 
    Theme - -insert theme here-    
    [add a little sprinkles to the theme like, "This theme is cliche, etc]

* All Cards are to be submitted from -insert day here- to -insert day here-.
     on -insert day here- and -insert day here- the judges will choose the winning Card.

* Submission is final do not edit your entry post. Any entry whose post is edited by the member who makes the post will automatically be disqualified. Contact a moderator if you want a change in your post.
   * Minimum -insert # of posts- posts required to enter this contest.
   * No premades.
   * more info refer here [make a thread about the COTW first & how it works & what the prizes are etc]
   * You may discuss anything regarding the COTW in here. But Keep your discussions to a minimum.

COTW CODE [YCMaker should make this. Like [COTW] -insert link here- [/COTW]]
 * Shortcut -insert shortcut here-

Example:
-insert example of the code here-

This is just something brief I saw in forums & stuff. But if you have anything to add or say about it please do.

Anyone? T_T

I'll ask Browa about his thoughts on the idea' date=' considering the other Mods of that section seem to be ignorant enough to ignore the suggestion.

[/quote']

Or they might just hate me =).

I propose that private forums be established for organizations that reach a certain size.

Club Pikachu, for example, has surpassed 100 members, and I think it's too hectic to keep all of their discussions in one thread.

A private forum for them would help organize things significantly.

I'll come up with a forum chart later.

I propose that private forums be established for organizations that reach a certain size.

Club Pikachu' date=' for example, has surpassed 100 members, and I think it's too hectic to keep all of their discussions in one thread.

[/quote']

Post count for this "private forum" would have to be turned off. As it should already be.

Club Pikachu' date=' for example, has surpassed 100 members, and I think it's too hectic to keep all of their discussions in one thread.

[/quote']

Post count for this "private forum" would have to be turned off. As it should already be.

I thought that was a given, lol.

Now that I think about it, it'd help clean up the Sticky section too.

Actually, I think a full reorganization might be more effective. ._.

1zn7asi.jpg

I still think my site has a pretty clean template for how to organize the "general" forums.

You'd need to have a mini group to monitor the teams though.

[spoiler=Activity Checks]

Once every six or so months (You can decide on the time between checks), the Mods look through all accounts that fail to meet a certain requirement. For example, not posting in a few months, or just not coming on. An e-mail will be sent to all inactive accounts asking if they want to keep their account. If they answer "no" or don't even answer at all, their account will be deleted.

While this may be exhausting for the Mods, I think it might clean up the forum a bit. Feel free to make any necessary changes to my suggestion. I just think activity checks would be useful.

[spoiler=Activity Checks]

Once every six or so months (You can decide on the time between checks)' date=' the Mods look through all accounts that fail to meet a certain requirement. For example, not posting in a few months, or just not coming on. An e-mail will be sent to all inactive accounts asking if they want to keep their account. If they answer "no" or don't even answer at all, their account will be deleted.

While this may be exhausting for the Mods, I think it might clean up the forum a bit. Feel free to make any necessary changes to my suggestion. I just think activity checks would be useful.

[/quote']

On an IPB forum, I know it's possible to automatically email every user that hasn't posted after a certain amount of time.

I've never made a MyBB forum, so I don't know if it's possible, but it probably is.

Debates is a sub-subsection of Polls. Icyblue would need to moderate Polls' date=' therefore making him moderating General. Having to Mod Debates would also require modding Polls, also making him moderate General, which I don't think Icyblue applied for.

[/quote']

Fixed.

Also, Debates should have its own section, but the level this debates are at, they're not debates =/.

There's a MyBB plug-in that automatically deletes inactive users.

Use that' date=' NAO.

[/quote']

Well, if the users never posted, I second that.

If they have already posted, not.

Debates is a sub-subsection of Polls. Icyblue would need to moderate Polls' date=' therefore making him moderating General. Having to Mod Debates would also require modding Polls, also making him moderate General, which I don't think Icyblue applied for.

[/quote']

Fixed.

Also, Debates should have its own section, but the level this debates are at, they're not debates =/.

Which is why we need someone like Icy in charge of it so that a certain member who is ruining the Debates section will be banned.

Archived