YCM 2 Needs Lights

Goose

I just KNEW people would complain about it.

And people will complain about what's up now.

But I don't think we have a gif of the lights with a transparent background or whatever. It looks like whoever made the flashing lights gif for YCM 1 used a selector tool or something to acquire the logo when creating the gif, meaning the background behind the logo was also acquired. It's almost unnoticeable with the normal theme, but it's blatant with the other theme.

And I don't know a damn thing about making gifs or modifying gifs or whatever, so either enjoy your static image Christmas lights for YCM 2 or enjoy your gif-y Christmas lights with a contrasting background that allegedly looks awful.

But I don't think we have a gif of the lights with a transparent background or whatever. It looks like whoever made the flashing lights gif for YCM 1 used a selector tool or something to acquire the logo when creating the gif, meaning the background behind the logo was also acquired. It's almost unnoticeable with the normal theme, but it's blatant with the other theme.

I made it.

Essentially in order to get the effect in which it also looks like the lights are illuminating the background, I needed to actually illuminate the background, which required me to take an (almost) perfect snippet of the sheet around the logo and then apply the logo, illuminating each section as a different layer.  

I made it.

Essentially in order to get the effect in which it also looks like the lights are illuminating the background, I needed to actually illuminate the background, which required me to take an (almost) perfect snippet of the sheet around the logo and then apply the logo, illuminating each section as a different layer.  

And this is proof that I know nothing about gifs.

My brain interprets this as pure gibberish.

Okay, maybe not 100% gibberish. I do vaguely recall stuff with layers existing from one of my game design classes. Sadly, it was one of the classes I didn't do most of the work in, so...you can guess how much of that got retained.

Archived