Yu-Gi-Oh GX season 1 Battle Royal (Now accepting)

Shonen Jump™

"hm... Well, it is Duel academy. Perhaps a begining of year duel will do the job. I'll duel the head, and you go find our thief. If I raise the stakes, people will stay behind to watch. Chef Headsmasher will be the only guy you'll have to worry about," Yoshi suggested

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Standing up, Yoshi declares loudly

"Hey, head teacher guy, do you want to duel?"

"um.. I don't see why not," was the reply

"How about we make it interesting? let's say, if I win, we all get a free meal. if you do, we have to do all the chores around here for a week, deal?" Yoshi suggested. after a few minutes of debate, the stakes were set and everyone left for outside. you could tell that they all desperately wanted Yoshi to win.

As the duel was getting underway, Lunatic made for the punch bowl. He took a cup of punch and removed a vial from his pocket. The vial's contents were a strange greyish sediment. He took a pinch of the sediment and put it in his punch glass. He then sidled up to one of the more timid looking chef's assistants and whispered something in his ear. The apprentice jumped nearly three feet in the air, took the punch glass, and went speeding off for the chef. When Lunatic heard the chef's dulcet tones, he took it as a cue to make his exit.

"Duel!"

and thus, it began

"I'll go first. I play three cards face down and summon Skull Servant, in defence mode," stated the Teacher, "and that's all,"

"all right, I play Mystic Swordsman Level 2 in attack mode, then, I activate Dian Keto, Cure Master ton increase my own life points by one thousand. I then place two more cards face down, and activate Bad Reaction to Simochi, meaning that any increase to your life points becomes damage of the same value!"

'I hope this will buy me enough time, and free food,'

Lunatic pulled out the crystal he had nearly lost earlier.

"Ok, Lunaeon. Do your thing."

Immediately, the crystal grew bright and pointed east.

"Well, looks like that's where I'm headed..."

After running for a few minutes, he could see the thief in the distance. He was on his knees, panting heavily. Before he knew it, Lunatic had him by the blazer.

"Give it back!"

"Give what back?"

"The cookbook!"

"Why would I? This is my one and only chance to get out of this rotten dorm."

"Let me guess: the Obelisks put you up to this?"

"Who else? The Slifers? But that's not important. What is is that I'm going to bring this to the blue dorm, and you're not going to stop me."

"Unless I challenge you to a duel."

"IS that a challenge?"

"Yes, it is. If I win, you give me the cookbook, and tell me who put you up to this. If you win, I'll let you go ahead."

"That works for me. It'll be easy to wipe the floor with a loony."

Both of them activate their Duel Disks.

(Both:)"DUEL!"

Lunatic:4000

Student:4000

Student: I'll start this off! Draw! I'll set a monster in Defense mode, along with two face-downs. That's all.

Lunatic: Fine. My turn. (He draws a card.) I activate Terraforming! This card allows me to add a Field Spell Card to my hand. I add my Celestia Nachten, which I then activate!

The field above the two players becomes a starry sky.

Lunatic: But there is no night sky without the moon! The effect of Celestia Nachten allows me to activate a Lunar Phase card from my Deck. I activate Lunar Phase: Full Moon!

An enormous full moon appears behind Lunatic.

Lunatic: But that's not all. I summon my Lunar Gunman! And with the light of the moon upon him, he can destroy a Defense Position monster!

The Gunner checks his scope, and prepares to fire when

Student: Ha! I activate my Trap! Book of Moon! This flips your monster into face-down Defense mode!

Lunatic: I think not. The light of the full moon reveals all. In other words, monsters can't be put facedown. Though the 'Defense mode' part of that statement is still true. But this means that my Gunman still destroys your monster!"

The Gunner fires a white shot of energy, making the facedown card explode.

Lunatic: Unfortunately, this uses my gunman's attack. So I'll set two cards facedown, and end my turn.

Student: Back to me! (He draws.) I activate my Spell Card, Cost Down! By sending a card from my hand to the Graveyard, I can decrease the level of a monster in my hand by 2. So now, I'll Summon the now Level 4 Chithonian Emperor Dragon! Then, I'll activate my Dragon's Mirror card! By removing the necessary monsters, I can Summon a Dragon-Type Fusion monster! I remove my Dawnbreak Gardna and my Dark Valkyra from play to Special Summon my Superalloy Beast Raptinus! With his effect, all of my Gemini Monsters gain their effects! Now, go emperor Dragon!

L: Wait! I activate my Blinding Reflection trap! You can't attack this turn.

S: Fine. I'll end my turn.

L: My turn. I draw. Hm. It's the end for you. I summon Lunar Lifebreather in attack mode! When he's summoned, I can Summon 2 Moonstone Tokens. Now, I tune my Level 2 Lunar Lifebreather to my Level 1 Moonstone tokens and my Level 4 Lunar Gunman to Synchro Summon Artemis! Goddess of the Moon! When she's Summoned, I can destroy 1 card on the field. Say goodbye to your Chithonian Emperor Dragon! Then, I discard my Star Seer and another monster to add a second Celestia Nachten to my hand. Now I remove my Lunar Fauna and my Lunar Lifebreather from play to Special Summon Seniasha, the Lunar Dragon! Finally, I'll activate Lunatic Illusion to revive my Lunar Gunman! Now it's time for the end. Seniasha will attack your Raptinus, and it is automatically destroyed afterward. Then Lunar Gunman attacks you directly, and finally Artemis. Looks like I win."

Lunatic: 4000-->5000 (effect of Lunar Fauna)

Student: 4000-->3700(Lunar Dragon vs Raptinus)-->2300(Lunar Gunman DA)-->0(Artemis DA)

L: Now, if you please.

The angry student reluctantly hands over the book.

L: Look. If the Obelisks really wanted you to join them, then they wouldn't be having you steal for them. And besides, we Ra's aren't half bad at Duel Monsters. You pulled off a neat little combo there.

S: Thanks.

L: No problem. Anyway, I have to get this book back before anyone notices that I'm gone. You'd better get back to the party too.

'I can only hope that Yoshi gave me enough time...'

**A few minutes later**

The two came in from the opposite side of the dorm. After cleverly putting the book near a restroom stall (surely SOMEONE would find it...) they made their way back to the duel area, thankfully without any attention. Lunatic gave Yoshi the thumbs up sign.

OoC: This all happens simultaneously with your game, yoshi. In other words I come back late into YOUR game. So just play it out.

Lunatic returns to find the duel somehow in the Teacher's favour. He had 100 life points, one scape goat and spatial collapse, which was in contrast to Yoshi's four face downs, Chaos Command Magician, and two cards in hand. Teacher draws a card and chuckles

"I think I'll be ending this," he states, "I summon Chaos Necromancer, and because I have 12 monsters in my grave yard, it has an attack strength of 3600!"

a gasp settles in. The tension rises and is then diffused when the Teacher attacks, but Yoshi blocks with Waboku. It all depends on this next turn. Yoshi's hand shakes as he draws a card, but his eyes brighten as he does so

"I play Shinato's Ark, and sacrifice Chaos command magician and Royal knight in order to summon Shinato, King of a Higher Plane. Then, I equipt it with the malevolent nuzler to increase his attack points to 4000! Now go, destroy the Chaos Necromancer and end this duel!"

In an explosion of light, the duel was over, the students cheered, free food was now a definite possibility.

"Why didn't you use those cards before hand?" Teacher asked

"When you started stalling for time, I knew you were starting something big. I had to save them. I would have lost otherwise," Yoshi responded

"Excellent. And the cookbook has been planted somewhere where it'll easily be found..."

Just then, a cry erupted from the restroom. A young boy came out of it with an enormous smile on his face and the book in his hands. The chef, just as big a smile on his face, took the book. He immediately went back to his usual self, calling over the apprentices. There was a feast to be had.

OoC: Ok, what's our next filler?

Saizen was still sitting on the warm sand at the beach, listening to the sounds of waves, birds, people and other stuff. He then fell on his back and took his deck from his beltcase.

"What should I do... There are people to duel here, but right now I just feel like it. Of course if someone would happen to challenge me I could easily accept it, but right now it would be nice to meet someone.", he thought in his mind and leafed through his deck just waiting that something would happen.

OoC: Saizen is at the beach and is ready to be abused in any way xD He needs stuff to do so anyone can make him part of their plan... Drag him to a shadow game? Fine, Eat thousand cakes? Fine,but two sickdays would come from that... anything goes.

OoC: Crap! I got sick! Anyway, starting up the Royale!

As time went on, Duel Academy (and its students for that matter) grew into their daily routine. Pranks were pulled on students and teachers alike, and even once on the current Chancellor which included candid images of the Superintendent, varying degrees of foliage, and a bag of IV saline. Classes went smoothly, as did the yearly barrage of tests. But one day, an odd message cropped up over the PA system:

"Attention all students and faculty. It is my enormous pleasure to announce the coming of one of the greatest tournaments ever held: The GX Battle Royale!

OoC: Everyone in this RP MUST sign up for this (even if you don't, you'll be dragged in anyway!)

IC: "In just a few short weeks, Industrial Illusions and Kaiba Corp will be right here at Duel Academy to design a card for one lucky duelist!"

At this point, the students started talking amongst themselves excitedly about what a great opportunity this is, and what cards they could make.

"But how can we possibly decide who is worthy, when all of our students are just as worthy as another? Simple! How do we solve anything at this school? With Duels! The winner of this tournament will have his card personally drawn and colored to his specifications by none other than (OoC: screw it, Japanese name) Pegasus J. Crawford himself! What are the rules? Well, for all those interested, there will be a set of tables at the amphitheater after classes today. Don't forget to sign up!"

Archived