4Kids put itself up for the sale?

being realistic, it is likely that the voice actors for 5d's are going to be kept, since they would be needing a job if 4kids tanks, and to please the little kids watching, they would keep the voices.

however the dub work will likely get better, and the changes they make to keep it kid friendly would be done a little better I hope, I mean the smoke thing from carly's is fine, since honestly it would confuse kids as to how exactly she ''survived'' the fall, and it allows them a bit of freedom on how to handle it, but it would be then done better in someone else's hands, not just using it to cover up the death, but then building off of it to allow for more creative uses for it.

that kind of thing would make it better from my point of view.

my vote goes for cartoon network, they seem to deal with funimation on good terms for adult swim, why not extend it to the more teen and child oriented shows as well.

( of course if they were that smart, they wouldn't have made flapjack or chowder at all.)

funimation needs it's own channel.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

being realistic' date=' it is likely that the voice actors for 5d's are going to be kept, since they would be needing a job if 4kids tanks, and to please the little kids watching, they would keep the voices.

however the dub work will likely get better, and the changes they make to keep it kid friendly would be done a little better I hope, I mean the smoke thing from carly's is fine, since honestly it would confuse kids as to how exactly she ''survived'' the fall, and it allows them a bit of freedom on how to handle it, but it would be then done better in someone else's hands, not just using it to cover up the death, but then building off of it to allow for more creative uses for it.

that kind of thing would make it better from my point of view.

my vote goes for cartoon network, they seem to deal with funimation on good terms for adult swim, why not extend it to the more teen and child oriented shows as well.

( of course if they were that smart, they wouldn't have made flapjack or chowder at all.)

funimation needs it's own channel.

[/quote']

cartoon network already airs some 4Kids produced shows, so I doubt it will be them. any company that buys out 4kids is not going to want to alienate the fans of the dub. Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's is 4kids's goldmine, so even if the company is ruined, YGO5D's is not likely to change.

Oh god' date=' this will be awesome, I hope the dubbers of Bleach take it over, although I would hate to hear them all have new voices, it would just be weird.

[/quote']

That would be Viz Media but they ****ed up Naruto so no thanks I'd rather Funimation.

It wasn't that bad.

Plus it was only that way because of how it was rated. They easily could have made a good, or at least decent dub, if it was TV14.

Oh god' date=' this will be awesome, I hope the dubbers of Bleach take it over, although I would hate to hear them all have new voices, it would just be weird.

[/quote']

That would be Viz Media but they ****ed up Naruto so no thanks I'd rather Funimation.

It wasn't that bad.

Plus it was only that way because of how it was rated. They easily could have made a good, or at least decent dub, if it was TV14.

Explain how they did Bleach well but not Naruto? I mean Naruto would say "BELIEVE IT" and had a horrible VA which continued into Shippuuden.

[/quote']

It wasn't that bad.

Explain how they did Bleach well but not Naruto? I mean Naruto would say "BELIEVE IT" and had a horrible VA which continued into Shippuuden.

did you watch the new Shippuuden english dubs? ugh. they are horrible, even little kuriboh plays Naruto better than Maile Flanagan.

you know what rule, if Richard Ian Cox did the voice dub for Naruto. its a fan-boy dream, but whatever.

[/quote']

It wasn't that bad.

you know what rule, if Richard Ian Cox did the voice dub for Naruto. its a fan-boy dream, but whatever.

Ya know, when I first read the Naruto manga, I was had Richard Cox in my head as the VA. Always thought Naruto'd sound like Inuyasha.

I don't get how you guys are saying that she's a crappy VA for Naruto when she sounds EXACTLY like the Japanese one except he's speaking english. You can't blame VA's on Naruto so much. Most of them sound like their Japanese counterpart. Don't give me that "but he says believe crap" because we all know that if he said Dattebayo or w/e it was to be replaced, you guys would still be complaining for no apparent reason and kids watching it that have no idea about subs and such will be confused and stuff. "WTF is Dattebayo?"

The satisfaction of subbers will never be satisfied....

[/quote']

It wasn't that bad.

Because Naruto was rated low then Bleach. Bleach is TV14 if I'm not mistaken. Naruto was PG Also when it started it was aimed at kids. Also Dattebayo has no real meaning in English and so Believe It was the closest thing they could change it to. Also that only lasted for 30 eps. By his fight with Gaara he had almost stop saying it all together.

Ulquiorra. Enough said.

His voice isn't that bad really. Hell, I'll go as far as to say it's decent.

[/quote']

It wasn't that bad.

did you watch the new Shippuuden english dubs? ugh. they are horrible, even little kuriboh plays Naruto better than Maile Flanagan.

Why do you think I said "and had a horrible VA which continued into Shippuuden".

Ulquiorra. Enough said.

His voice isn't that bad really. Hell' date=' I'll go as far as to say it's decent.

[/quote']

It just doesn't seem to capture Ulquiorra's emotion. Well, his lack thereof to be precise. His Japanese voice is much more cold, and it's awesome.

Well, it's hard to ever match the Japanese version of anything. Really you can only hope for decent.

Really the only really good dub was FMA.

Also, we have gotten WAY off topic. To try to get back on it, even if 4Kids does sell out nothing will chane.

I do realize they've done a very good job with One Piece' date=' but you know I'm not a fan. If they were able to get One Piece after 4Kids dropped, they should get the rest with a lot of money. If they get 4Kids, what's going to stop them from changing it?

[/quote']

Well, I think 4Kids is only selling themselves because they haven't turned a profit for some time and are trying to balance out their losses. It is because of this that I think they are mainly looking for something along the lines of a partnership and if any major changes would be made to their shows, odds are they wouldn't partner up with whomever that is. If they were going bankrupt I would say differently, but the article doesn't make me think they are.

Ulquiorra. Enough said.

His voice isn't that bad really. Hell' date=' I'll go as far as to say it's decent.

[/quote']

It just doesn't seem to capture Ulquiorra's emotion. Well, his lack thereof to be precise. His Japanese voice is much more cold, and it's awesome.

Well, it's hard to ever match the Japanese version of anything. Really you can only hope for decent.

Also, we have gotten WAY off topic. To try to get back on it, even if 4Kids does sell out nothing will chane.

That's why most people prefer UNDUB games, rofl. That and Funimation dropped OP which sucked.

[spoiler=The [b]BEST[/b] thing that could happen from this]

4Kids is bought by someone who believes in the traditional anime, and subs the entire Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's series, and airs it, as well as not changing the names of cards from the original Japanese version.

[spoiler=The worst thing that could happen]

The noobs that buy out 4Kids worship Barney the Dinosaur, and incorperate 1 line from the show into every episode at minimum. After half a year, their profits would run dry, and they would sell to another company, and none of any of the shows they owned rights to would no longer be availible in the U.S., including products sold in stores.

Let's hope the worst doesn't happen.

Ulquiorra. Enough said.

[/quote']

Also, we have gotten WAY off topic. To try to get back on it, even if 4Kids does sell out nothing will change.

That's why most people prefer UNDUB games, rofl. That and Funimation dropped OP which sucked.

Funimation didn't drop OP. Last I heard they were still making uncut & unedited DVD releases. Hell I even heard they tryed to do what their doing with Naruto, but something happened and they had to pull the plug on that.

[spoiler=The [b]BEST[/b] thing that could happen from this]

4Kids is bought by someone who believes in the traditional anime' date=' and subs the entire Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's series, and airs it, as well as not changing the names of cards from the original Japanese version.

[spoiler=The worst thing that could happen']

The noobs that buy out 4Kids worship Barney the Dinosaur, and incorperate 1 line from the show into every episode at minimum. After half a year, their profits would run dry, and they would sell to another company, and none of any of the shows they owned rights to would no longer be availible in the U.S., including products sold in stores.

Let's hope the worst doesn't happen.

I don't think the best case can happen since I don't think they can air Japanese thing since I know the reason 4Kids removed traces of certain text is due to FCC regulations.

lol robts with sunglasses.

And the only real way 5Ds could become cooler, is if Giant Bomber SKYFIRE uses his attacks, and they are actually called "Sharp Shooting!" and "Death Air-Raid!"

......And not something stupid like "Giant Drop!"

Because that just sounds like crap. Literaly.

*gets shot*

I was shocked to hear that. I just hope their voice actor list dosen't change for future shows.

And about the Dan Green thing, He was in "Revolutionary Girl Utena" as a manipulative psychologist and he was the maion hero in "Descendants of Darkness". Both of which are anime's NOT dubbed by 4kids, even though they use their va's.

And Tristan and Yusei were voiced by the same guy: Frank Frankson.

Personally I hope Lisa Ortiz still has a future with 4kids.

• 5 months later...

Archived