[[SA]] F•HERO Cards (Lady Gale Added!!)

Saiba Aisu

Why were you banned in the first place, Ragnarok...?

Yes, originally, she had no discard cost at all... As to her effect, I'd say it's pretty original, and suits the name, too. "Caballa" comes from Kabbalah, a side of Judaism concerned with the mystical; therefore, some magical, which suits her image. Also, since Fancy Hero Mimica is her Fusion Monster, she also has a powerful mimicking effect...

Thanks for the high rating!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now that I'm back I can pick up the reviews of where I left off

Caballa's effect is well balanced out' date=' the atk determining effect is suited for its level

just siphoning other monsters' effects is not too original though

9/10

[/quote']

Good to see you back, ragnarok.

And hey, that draining effect is quite original. Or at least would be, had I not implemented it two years ago =/.

What I like most about Caballa (aside from the image) is her nigh-limitless flexibility. I am very fond of cards that have such great strategic value.

• 2 weeks later...

Given her effect is quite short, there is no reason to abbreviate "During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent." to "This card does piercing damage."

Other than that, though, pretty great. You never used this card because you didn't run Freya... but I always liked her.

Ixigo: It's not a question of abbreviation for convenience's sake... It's the proper lore that I should be using. And yeah, she's strong, but just not one of my favorite Fancy Hero Fusions.

Chizuru: Exactly. Except with a better image and better OCG. So, in essence, better than 'good old Kitana Bladeheart'~!

Thanks for the comment, though. You know how much I aspire to match your standards.'

Neos: Thanks very much, Neos-kun. I'm glad you like her. :)

More comments please!

The effect of "Piercing" is characterized by the following text in the card lore:

During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card' date=' inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent.[/i']

* Example: Player A's "Dark Driceratops" (ATK 2400) attacks Player B's Defense Position "Mystical Elf" (DEF 2000). Regardless if Mystical Elf is destroyed or not, Player B takes the difference (400 points in this case) as damage.

In one instance this was printed as This card inflicts Piercing damage. on "Cyberdark Horn". Cards printed with similar effects in future sets and even the same set have not used this wording.

When, out of the dozens of cards that do it, only one card ever said "Piercing Damage", and all the others had the whole wording, it's pretty obvious what the "proper lore" would be. And by the way:

lore (uncountable)

1. all the facts and traditions about a particular subject that have been accumulated over time through education or experience.

2. The backstory created around a fictional universe.

"Lore", is the text vanilla monsters have. If your monster is not a vanilla monster, then by "lore" you should refer to some backstory you've given it. The wording or effect of the card have nothing to do with lore, and should not be called that, instead called... wording, or effect, depending on the context. I don't know who started calling monster effects "lore" around here, but it's neither a correct nor an official term.

This card would be strong in swarm / wall decks, but she's indeed really difficult to bring out, and really easy to take out. To tell you the truth, I'd certainly judge her as "very powerful" a few weeks ago before I started playing meta. In that context, she's plain weak, but ignoring the fact that Synchros have ruined the game, she fits very well as a beatstick amongst the less-powerful Fancy Heroes.

I'm pretty sure more than just one card uses the piercing damage lore... In fact, I'll go check on that later.

And as to the use of lore, it's being used in an archaic sense, as is the "text" or "characters" that make the up the effect/flavor text of a card. I don't know who started using that term, either, but it's certainly stuck and seems to work fine. And yes, I am glad you finally having a better grasp of the metagame... She's useful in some situations - like against a certain Geisha deck! - but otherwise, she won't be coming out too much, simply because she's not worth it. Now, then there's the lovely Phoenix Champion, on the other hand...

Well' date=' the pictures have a texture that makes it look like they were hand-colored because... they were. Also, what does their gender have to do with anything?

Oh, dear. If you had bothered to read the first post, all of this would have been cleared up... They're supposed to have similar images and effects to the Elemental Heroes... They're female counterparts, just a little 'Fancier'. Also, Aquamarie got an effect change, so she's need as broken as before. And no, she's actually emulating Elemental Hero Bubbleman...

Phoenix Champion really isn't that powerful; there are certainly a lot of cards in today's top tier metagame that could take her out with ease. She's a Fusion, meaning that it's an instant -2, so that balances her out. I'm glad you like Shock Fire, though...

Also, idk. It seems to be a theme very popular in anime/manga. I guess the artist (not me) made them that way. Personally, I like the images.

[/quote']

1) Good job hand-coloring them. But realistic means realistic. Your work is not applauded. It's your end product.

2) So if a noob copied a real card, would we congratulate them? No. Exact same reason these cards don't get praise.

3) They could take her out, say maybe after she destroy 2 or 3 S/T... MAYBE then. Because, at that point, their utilites for killing her GONE.

4) Otaku...

2) So if a noob copied a real card' date=' would we congratulate them? No. Exact same reason these cards don't get praise.[/quote']

If the card ended up much better than the original version, then yes.

3) They could take her out' date=' say maybe after she destroy 2 or 3 S/T... MAYBE then. Because, at that point, their utilites for killing her GONE.[/quote']

Speaking strictly in the context of current metagame, I strongly beg to differ. Let's take a look at your average staples out there. What has your opponent set down? BTH? She's out. Torrential? She's out. Sure, she can get rid of some annoying Continuous / Field, or wipe that Mirror Force, but there are a lot of cards that can do that at a much lower cost, and she skips her attack to boot - after you've had to give up three precious cards for her to be summoned.

Now, let's see what your opponent can do to take her out. Given that you can easily pull off a level 5, 6, or even 7 (most especially if we're talking BW) Synchro in one turn with just one card in hand: Catastor, Brionac, Armor Master... to name a sample few. All those are insta-kill with like... one card, assuming you have something you can use in the Graveyard (let's not talk about the field not being empty). A smart meta player who doesn't overextend should certainly have the means to take her out in one turn - Synchros allow that.

Lightsworn have already abused you before you could play her, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. Quite strong, yet at the same time, not that much. Can be very useful if used correctly, and can lock the opponent down for a bit if properly handled. I'm not that much of a fan, though. The image is a bit meh-ish for me, compared to some of the others, she just seems too malevolent. But ignoring that, she's another great addition.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived