Maze Duels

paradox style.

me and some friends tried to work out the rules for this a while ago, but we kept getting stuck on some of the finer print.

so what do you guys think? how should a maze duel work?

lets come up with rulings!

first off, no flying in the maze.

second, we came up with movement space as either = to the monsters level, or monsters level /2 rounded up.

i dont know how mill would work, and many other things. so.... discuss!

[/troll]

I hate the concept completely and are against it. Yugioh teh show was supposed to be a retarded variant of a strategy game based on cards, and it was a horribad rule book for n00bs who think you can multiply kuriboh when you summon him and Monster Reborn the heads of Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon.

On a more positive note, make it more like chess rather than a maze. Neg all the rules from the show, and make yer own. No direct attacks, but you lose if you run out of monsters to summon instead of deck out. Judgment Dragon does NOT kill everything on the board, but i guess within close proximity of it (the range being 8 squares because of it's level?).

interesting, didnt know this was previously discussed. we tried it once or twice, but we couldnt agree on st rulings. field effects and what not.

points addressed in order:

@polaris, i already implied paradox style, as in the paradox brothers from the show. this is the basis. stop trolling me. and you were going out of your way to try and annoy me, so it sounds like the definition of trolling to me.

@father wolf, if youre going to call me an idiot, at least spell the sentence right. tool. its a valid suggestion.

@arma, well lets assume theres no banlist. shall we construct one? i already established we would need to change the duel structure extensively. why cant we modify the rules?

it might be fun.

@darkest, with the rules as they are, it wont be good. we'd need to change em. i think it can be made quite entertaining.

@corporal atlas, +1.

[/troll]

I'm liking werewolfjedi's rules posted in the other thread, these are what I think should be the basis

labyrinth wall is still a monster' date=' so the walls can be broken through, even if nether player controls a copy of said card. this means that you may kill a wall piece with an attack of 3001 or more.

[/quote']

Monsters have an attack range of 1 space per 1000 ATK.

the grid is made by both players' date=' each player putting a line onto the grid one at a time. Magical labrinth allows you to change 1 line a turn, every turn, after the MOVEMENT

PHASE. (added in to be before and after battle. people would often erect a wall to protect their weaker creatures that where about to be attacked. if you had left over movement after battle, you could use it after, you did not get a new movement altogether.)

[/quote']

If we had Maze Duels, duels would work the same way like Duelist Kingdom (Para/Dox episodes).

Monsters can move spaces that are equal to their Level (they can go forwards or back).

The field is not considered a monster, so you cannot destroy it (similiar to Speed World)

You can use Shift to swap monsters

Anything that was in Duelist Kingdom (except the Jirai Gumo trap card and fusing Shadow Ghoul with the board)

[spoiler=LarryCotter's A-MAZE-ING Rules]

*The game would be immensely simplified by playing with Vanilla's only.

*Effect Monsters can be used if both players aggree on their effects.

*Each player chooses 10 Monsters of whom the total level equals 40 or less.

*Each player chooses 10 S/T and both players aggree on their new effects.

*Opening Hand is 4 cards, and a Mulligan may be used after the first Draw if and only if your hand contains no monsters.

*DRAW PHASE > MAIN PHASE > MOVEMENT PHASE > BATTLE PHASE > END PHASE

*The Field consists of a 10x10 board, and each player is to set up his own half of the field, without the opponent seeing this. (Just like Stratego.) The middle line cannot be used by any player. No areas may be closed of.

*Each player places a Deck Master on his/her side of the field. If the opponent reaches the Deck Master, you lose. (Just like in Dungeon Dice Monsters.)

*When a Monster is summoned, it is Summoned face-down. A player can flip it face-up at any time. (Just like Duelist of Roses.)

*Spells and Traps are played on a seperate zone, consisting of 3 spaces. They can be triggered at any moment it would be possible IRL.

*Monsters are Summoned next to the Deck Master.

*Each Monster can move a number of squares equal to it's level/2, rounded up.

*Alternate win conditions do not count.

*A player does not lose when his/her Deck is empty. They proceed their Duel without the Draw Phase.

*Any effect that would inflict damage is ignored.

*Duels are played with 2000 Life Points.

*Monsters can attack other Monsters only when they are in the same square. The defeated Monster is sent back into the owner's Deck.

i stopped reading at vanillas only. without effects this is boring.

as to steins rules:

i like the wall attack through.

i dont like the shifting labyrinth.

i do like the mutual board creation.

i dont agree on the attack range (it makes stronger monsters too beast, and honest hard as hell to play.) max range should be 2, and that should only be things that have a theoretical (maybe), implied (should have), or proven (shown in the show) range attack.

aka, if it attacks with claws, it gets a range of one, if it shoots beams of light, it gets a range of two. we could even do it fire emblem style where things that are exclusively range cant fight at close range. like.. actually i dont have a good example.

somebody come up with one.

lets keep going.

[/troll]

Why would that be Arm (unless he sugessting that Burn=Maze Meta)

Its simple. Monster destruction would add at least another 10+ turns to the game' date=' and people dont want to sit there all day in the same maze.

Plus, they would probobly ban all flying monsters.

[/quote']

Don't let Syncrow hear that...

Why would that be Arm (unless he sugessting that Burn=Maze Meta)

Its simple. Monster destruction would add at least another 10+ turns to the game' date=' and people dont want to sit there all day in the same maze.

Plus, they would probobly ban all flying monsters.

[/quote']

Don't let Syncrow hear that...

quit namedropping.

Would monsters still take tributes? and if they are tribute summoned to they still get to get their effects, and how far would the range be etc. (Caius, Zaborg,)

i stopped reading at vanillas only. without effects this is boring.

as to steins rules:

i like the wall attack through.

i dont like the shifting labyrinth.

i do like the mutual board creation.

i dont agree on the attack range (it makes stronger monsters too beast' date=' and honest hard as hell to play.) max range should be 2, and that should only be things that have a theoretical (maybe), implied (should have), or proven (shown in the show) range attack.

aka, if it attacks with claws, it gets a range of one, if it shoots beams of light, it gets a range of two. we could even do it fire emblem style where things that are exclusively range cant fight at close range. like.. actually i dont have a good example.

somebody come up with one.

lets keep going.

[/troll']

Amazoness Blowpiper? I know if I was using a blowpipe I sure as hell wouldn't want my opponent in my face.

err, sure.

@cotter, what if i dont agree that any of my opponents monsters should get their effects? it requires a level of maturity that we cant expect of everyone.

@whoever keeps plugging crapsule and dungeon dick monsters

stop it. those were trolly things konami put out in 12 seconds without any thought or care for. logically, this can be made better than those because people who actually stop and think about the game and its balancing are working on it.

[/troll]

err' date=' sure.

@cotter, what if i dont agree that any of my opponents monsters should get their effects? it requires a level of maturity that we cant expect of everyone.

[/troll']

Then there should be a set of new effects for all the monsters, just like the guy who did it for the Deck Master System.

Agreed on the above post. We need to start an Archive then. I think monster range could be determined by just discussion; but, once again maturity that isn't always there. So i suggest we start an archive and work on it starting from GX and then on. (Excluding labyrinth wall and obvious staples.) If anyone wants older cards they need to request.

EDIT: Anyone think that cards made specifically for this game is a good idea? I also suggest an OCG archive for game specific terms.

[spoiler=Hypothetical Card]

Spirit Walker/DARK/LV4

ATK/1700 DEF/1200

Fiend/Effect

Once per turn, this card can pass through a Wall.

NOTE: I italicized all game-specific terms seen in this card.

Archived