Official Religion Thread

Flame Dragon

I lol'd so hard. Religion brings peace because people are too afraid of a fake being to sin.

Religion also has fueled MANY wars, so it's not all peace, regardless of what your feeble mind thinks.

New saying:

"God is like the square root of plus-minus two; it's either real and irrational or imaginary."

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you don't fight back, your country is bound to get taken over.

Who said I was spreading my beliefs? I don't care if you become atheists or not. I just hate it when crazy people say things like "da bible" or "ur satans child" or "god exists der is proof its bibl" or "god only answer" or "scientist dumb" or "evolution fake" or... you catch my drift. I am fine with insulting people's stupidity, but these people are so blind they don't understand a word of what I am telling them. I should take my own advice and stop helping people knowing that I am better than them.

Exactly, so what Kitty Princess said holds some truth.

It seems as though you are as you're constantly making posts or threads in relation to religion. I hate those things you mentioned too with the exception of "da bible", as people should be able to take their opinions from whatever they feel they wish to take them from. But most of the people you've argued with and called radicals or morons haven't said a word of that. I think you're being a little harsh on theists and I guess agnostics like myself for what some people have done and said.

But yeah, if in fact you do come across a radical, trying to change their view is oftentimes a waste of time.

You are completley misunderstanding me.

The reason I bash religion is because that's my personality. I am not trying to convert anyone, and the people who think that are morons.

I am not trying to insult anyone, however I often bash religion so people need to learn to ignore it or not take it to heart.

The only time I will actually try to insult someone by bashing religion is because of "da bible" or "ur satans child" or "no evolution".

I lol'd so hard. Religion brings peace because people are too afraid of a fake being to sin.

Religion also has fueled MANY wars' date=' so it's not all peace, regardless of what your feeble mind thinks.

New saying:

"God is like the square root of plus-minus two; it's either real and irrational or imaginary."

[/quote']

Here's another new, world wide saying : Go funk yourself, dark.

Exactly' date=' so what Kitty Princess said holds some truth.

It seems as though you are as you're constantly making posts or threads in relation to religion. I hate those things you mentioned too with the exception of "da bible", as people should be able to take their opinions from whatever they feel they wish to take them from. But most of the people you've argued with and called radicals or morons haven't said a word of that. I think you're being a little harsh on theists and I guess agnostics like myself for what some people have done and said.

But yeah, if in fact you do come across a radical, trying to change their view is oftentimes a waste of time.

[/quote']

It's Dark he won't listen to reasoning... But i get what you're saying

Religion also has fueled MANY wars' date=' so it's not all peace, regardless of what your feeble mind thinks.

New saying:

[/quote']

Here's another new, world wide saying : Go f*** yourself, dark.

Wow Bravo bravo my friend

Dark when you get unbanned I hope you'll read this.

You can't change a person's religion no matter how much you bash it. So darling just give up. And besides if the person is really religious they won't care what the Heck you say so you sound like a Moron on a Child's Forum. You sir are the Idiot Darky, I warned you that something bad would happen if you kept up this stupid bashing, and looky you get Banned.

STOP bashing religion Dark, it'll get you nowhere in life. And you insulting people is just plain heartless, You won't get by doing it Dark. You'll get punished. So when you are somewhere years from now and you are suffering I want you to remember this. And I don't care how annoying you think i am or How much hatred you have for me. You'll either live with it or GTFO of this forum. Cuz these Kids don't need your azz around here bashing religion and insulting them, because you can actually upset and hurt people's feelings by doing it. So good day Dark and another thing you should know: Religion always wins and you will always end up looking like the heartless moron you are.

New saying:

[/quote']

@ Metal Lord; though we're mis-represented by a bunch of idiots (no offense, Dark, not including you), Atheists really don't think we're better than you; for example, your friend needed help on his math homework in the third grade, and you knew that the answer couldn't just be formulated on a guess, fueled by what the friend in question was pretty sure the older sister said, especially when he thought she said "two plus two equals five". Have you ever noticed that there hasn't been a war started by anyone but religious fanatics or insane psychopaths? What we're sayin' is that if you believe in a magical invisible guy who lives in the sky who wrote a book, and if you do what it says to do in that book, after you die, you'll get to meet him, that's fine. I have no issue with that. But, if you go around insulting people for not believing what you do (i.e. You're stupid because you believe in stuff that you can actually prove rather than blind hope in a corrupt book, you freakin' Satanist! You're going to Hell!), I'm offended. So, lay off, alright?

New saying:

[/quote']

@ Metal Lord; though we're mis-represented by a bunch of idiots (no offense, Dark, not including you), Atheists really don't think we're better than you; for example, your friend needed help on his math homework in the third grade, and you knew that the answer couldn't just be formulated on a guess, fueled by what the friend in question was pretty sure the older sister said, especially when he thought she said "two plus two equals five". Have you ever noticed that there hasn't been a war started by anyone but religious fanatics or insane psychopaths? What we're sayin' is that if you believe in a magical invisible guy who lives in the sky who wrote a book, and if you do what it says to do in that book, after you die, you'll get to meet him, that's fine. I have no issue with that. But, if you go around insulting people for not believing what you do (i.e. You're stupid because you believe in stuff that you can actually prove rather than blind hope in a corrupt book, you freakin' Satanist! You're going to Hell!), I'm offended. So, lay off, alright?

That kind of comment is what bothers me most about most atheists. The fact is that most atheists are just as hard-headed and irrational as the religious people they oppose. Had you left out those two sentences, I would have thought you to be one of the few truly rational atheists. But, alas, you screwed up.

Let's start with your first sentence:

Have you ever noticed that there hasn't been a war started by anyone but religious fanatics or insane psychopaths?

Obviously there haven't been any wars fought over resources, land, power, or maybe even freedom, unless you assume that any country that wants any of those things is made up of insane psychopaths. Like, I don't know, America fighting for independence? Whatever.

Well let's move on to the next sentence:

What we're sayin' is that if you believe in a magical invisible guy who lives in the sky who wrote a book, and if you do what it says to do in that book, after you die, you'll get to meet him, that's fine.

You then went on to write about how you don't appreciate how christians are always bashing atheists for not believing in christianity. You even said you were offended! How dare those christians insult you, but its fine if you make fun of their religion a little.

So a word of advice; next time you want to pretend to be one of those rational atheists who need proof or whatever before they believe any religion, why don't you post without trying to subtly putting your own ideas in.

I see myself as a rational person. I don't believe there is a god(s), but I do believe there could be a god(s). From what other people tell me, that means I am agnostic? Being to lazy to Wiki it at the moment, I'll just agree with that. Anyways, I also believe that anyone can believe in anything they want to. Personally, I think believing in a man in the sky, when you have no idea if he actually exists or not, is kind of irrational. On the opposite side, religious people believe nonreligious people to be irrational for their way of thinking, as they should. The problems arrive when either side tries to push their beliefs on unwilling people, or go to lengths to slander/mock the other side.

I absolutely understand why religious people can look at the beauty in the world and ask how there couldn't be a god. They believe that, fine. I tend to have a problem with those who say "You don't believe in God, so that makes you a bad person, and you're going to Hell! And Satan will copulate with your children's skulls while they burn in Hell, because you raised them to be heathens!" (Now who wouldn't agree that that sounds hateful?) If you don't have the same belief system as another person, respectfully disagree with their beliefs, don't make fun of their point of view.

And Dªrĸ, while there is truth to what you say, you don't have to say it in a way that offends everyone.

New saying:

[/quote']

You do realize that in the way you said that in itself is rather insulting to religious people right? You never said you weren't trying, just wanted to clarify it. Because it looks somewhat nasty really, although not without provocation, and the attack that came to it seemed deserving.

And i think i'll toss in a point.

Have you ever noticed that there hasn't been a war started by anyone but religious fanatics or insane psychopaths?

The problem here is that until recently, most people WERE religious. You may as well say the people in Las Vegas never started any wars. It would be more accurate to say 'have you noticed how many wars were to do with religion rather then other disputes?' A religion is only a part of a person.

Not to mention you would consider pretty much anyone who started a war an insane psychopath (especially if they lost). Also being a religious fanatic and starting a war does not meant you can't be an insane psychopath as well. Both religious and non-religious people can be insane and a psychopath, amazingly. And you could blame the fact he is a fanatic or a psychopath depending on your point of view really.

@LKR20: If that's your personal view, and you posted it on the internet, it's pretty much asking for attention and to be criticized. That's pretty much why anything is on the internet. If you do not wish it to be argued against; however, i see no reason why they should. But it does raise some questions.

New saying:

[/quote']

sounds like you need to lay off yourself, dude. all i said was for him to eff off because he's been such an hole on this fourm, so before preaching your crap to me, why don't you think before you bark, okay little guy?

Exactly' date=' so what Kitty Princess said holds some truth.

[/quote']

It's Dark he won't listen to reasoning... But i get what you're saying

New saying:

[/quote']

Wow Bravo bravo my friend

Dark when you get unbanned I hope you'll read this.

You can't change a person's religion no matter how much you bash it. So darling just give up. And besides if the person is really religious they won't care what the Heck you say so you sound like a Moron on a Child's Forum. You sir are the Idiot Darky, I warned you that something bad would happen if you kept up this stupid bashing, and looky you get Banned.

STOP bashing religion Dark, it'll get you nowhere in life. And you insulting people is just plain heartless, You won't get by doing it Dark. You'll get punished. So when you are somewhere years from now and you are suffering I want you to remember this. And I don't care how annoying you think i am or How much hatred you have for me. You'll either live with it or GTFO of this forum. Cuz these Kids don't need your azz around here bashing religion and insulting them, because you can actually upset and hurt people's feelings by doing it. So good day Dark and another thing you should know: Religion always wins and you will always end up looking like the heartless moron you are.

I think i'm in love :oops:

if you disagree and can be smart about it' date=' by all means go ahead. however, flaming i cant stand.

thats what i meant, Aeisthia.

[/quote']

Ok fine then. What is your logical alternative to an omnipresent being that allows for the creation of the universe and its laws out of nothingness. No one thus far has attempted to answer this question, but since you asked, I figured maybe you might be the first one.

Is this really turning into "This is why I'm right and you're wrong"? Why can't we all agree to disagree? I don't believe in god, and I am not offended by anyone who does. I don't think those people who do are stupid or inferior for their beliefs. Also, I don't feel like being a smartass about it. Most religious people will agree that what they believe in doesn't make a lot of sense, but they believe in it anyway. That is what faith is all about, believing in something that can't always be proven.

New saying:

[/quote']

BEST. COMEBACK. EVER.

I've never once heard an atheist explain their position without passive aggressive attacks.

I don't think you ever will' date=' either.

Religion was [b']created[/b] for a simple purpose: to stop people from killing others. There is nothing "deep" past that. Everything else involved with religion is a scare tactic to stop you from doing things that could harm the general public. Religion is not faith, or praying. Religion is simply the fear to do bad things because an invisible man in the sky might send you to fiery place, or at least that is what you think.

In fact, God was also created to explain events that could not be explained. This, however, is not the right path to go down. Humans want to know "everything", essentially, but making up random floating men in the sky is not knowing a thing.

The ratio of crazy religious people to crazy atheist people is very, very high. I've met tons of people who think religion is the only part of life, and subsequently called me Satan's child. I'm fine with you expressing your views, but if you really have faith in your views, you should be able to take some questions and minor flaming and deliver a good answer if you really want to debate.

People flame me all the time, but because I am a minority (in a sense), no reprimands are given.

Religion was created for a simple purpose: to stop people from killing others. There is nothing "deep" past that. Everything else involved with religion is a scare tactic to stop you from doing things that could harm the general public. Religion is not faith' date=' or praying. Religion is simply the fear to do bad things because an invisible man in the sky might send you to fiery place, or at least that is what you think.

[/quote']

You're not willing to accept that there's a possibility that some religions may have been made simply out of belief of the occurrence, which is annoying. You also seem to think that I'm a theist because I'm not radically attacking everything related to religion, which I find equally annoying. >_>

In fact, God was also created to explain events that could not be explained. This, however, is not the right path to go down. Humans want to know "everything", essentially, but making up random floating men in the sky is not knowing a thing.

Except that doesn't make sense. Of course it said that he created the world and all the animals, but that seemed much more like a later addition to the bible than part of the original text, and barely focuses on those parts. Most of the things the Judaic God does don't explain any of life's mysteries and are simply things they believed their god told them.

The ratio of crazy religious people to crazy atheist people is very, very high. I've met tons of people who think religion is the only part of life, and subsequently called me Satan's child. I'm fine with you expressing your views, but if you really have faith in your views, you should be able to take some questions and minor flaming and deliver a good answer if you really want to debate.

This paragraph is wrong and doesn't make sense in general, as I've been responding to everything you've been saying but you've just repeated the same thing over and over even after I retorted it.

People flame me all the time, but because I am a minority (in a sense), no reprimands are given.

Just checking before I respond. Is this part directed at me? And was that last paragraph directed at me too?

Not going to read 12 pages worth of this so don't mind me as I jump in.

Religion was created for a simple purpose: to stop people from killing others. There is nothing "deep" past that. Everything else involved with religion is a scare tactic to stop you from doing things that could harm the general public. Religion is not faith' date=' or praying. Religion is simply the fear to do bad things because an invisible man in the sky might send you to fiery place, or at least that is what you think.

[/quote']

Wrong. Their are several religions that don't believe in a heaven or hell.

Also you don't do bad things because your afraid of going to hell, you don't do them because they are wrong.

Also it is my personal belief that god would send some one to hell for stealing a piece of candy or simple things like that. I believe that he only does so for major sins which to me are things like damaging some ones innocence (rap, molestation) or murder.

In fact' date=' God was also [b']created[/b] to explain events that could not be explained. This, however, is not the right path to go down. Humans want to know "everything", essentially, but making up random floating men in the sky is not knowing a thing.

This is 100%. Religion comes from mans search to answer things they can't answer. However an answer no matter how illogical is better then no answer to me. This is why I do beleive in a god since I have no other way to satisfactorily answer the question "what caused the big bang." And even though I have this "answer" that won't stop me from looking for a better one.

The ratio of crazy religious people to crazy atheist people is very' date=' very high. I've met tons of people who think religion is the only part of life, and subsequently called me Satan's child. I'm fine with you expressing your views, but if you really have faith in your views, you should be able to take some questions and minor flaming and deliver a good answer if you really want to debate.

[/quote']

I don't really think that the number of crazy religious people is even that great. Since I do go to a religious school i do know my fair shair of religous people and while some are really religious (have I ever told you about the one time the uber christain teacher in my school gave an atheist kid a bible) I think even they, and even that one teacher, know their is more to life then just god.

Archived