Official Religion Thread

Flame Dragon

God is obviously real' date=' and the Bible is 100% non-fiction.

Adam and Eve populated the world, and inbreeding did not lead to mental disorders.

God created himself, because that is logical.

Every theory proposed that tries to prove God wrong is automatically incorrect.

[/quote']

did you know no one's listening to you?

God can create himself' date=' and it is rational to think that. [/sar']

actually, i read about how mathmatically, God can be proven (i.e. the galaxy HAD to be set in motion by something, HAD to, because it was not in motion before. imagine a ball, it has to be pushed to move.)

Before the big bang there was vast amonts of energy, science proves this because energy is eternal. Now, that enegy cannot create mass explosions (or, as i type i would be blowing up) it is very possible it could create a concioussness because that is what we are, beings made with energy as a vital ingredient or we'd be buggered.

That and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF3L359yKjs :D

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam and Eve populated the world, and inbreeding did not lead to mental disorders.

[/quote']

I like how you're still getting it wrong after sarcastically saying you didn't understand what you read..

I'm not getting it wrong. What is wrong with saying God is real? Have a problem with religious people, do you?

[/quote']

did you know no one's listening to you?

God can create himself' date=' and it is rational to think that. [/sar']

actually, i read about how mathmatically, God can be proven (i.e. the galaxy HAD to be set in motion by something, HAD to, because it was not in motion before. imagine a ball, it has to be pushed to move.)

Before the big bang there was vast amonts of energy, science proves this because energy is eternal. Now, that enegy cannot create mass explosions (or, as i type i would be blowing up) it is very possible it could create a concioussness because that is what we are, beings made with energy as a vital ingredient or we'd be buggered.

That and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF3L359yKjs :D

That video was a waste of my time.

[/quote']

I like how you're still getting it wrong after sarcastically saying you didn't understand what you read..

I'm not getting it wrong. What is wrong with saying God is real? Have a problem with religious people, do you?

Yeah, I have the urge to tell stories about what I did to priests and their reactions.

You're sarcastically stating things like "god created himself" when that wasn't said in the bible as far as I've seen and "adam and ever were so the first people" when that was a metaphor for humans detaching themselves from god and the creation of original sin, not a true story.

Jesus claimed to be the son of God, but how come there is no proof of this?

Why did people blindly believe him?

Why was religion created for the purpose to scare people away from sinning? And then the theory of God popped in?

As a technicality, wouldn't I go to hell by Jesus as I believe in XYZ God? And wouldn't I go to hell by XYZ God if I believe in Jesus?

Jesus claimed to be the son of God' date=' but how come there is no proof of this?

Why did people blindly believe him?

[/quote']

Any of the things he did to prove he was who he was were done long ago and if they were documented it was in the Bible obviously, which is detested as being untrue in every way possible by atheists.

Why was religion created for the purpose to scare people away from sinning? And then the theory of God popped in?

Neither of us know if that's the case, you're assuming things.

As a technicality, wouldn't I go to hell by Jesus as I believe in XYZ God? And wouldn't I go to hell by XYZ God if I believe in Jesus?

Apparently you didn't listen to what I said before. ^_^

I've heard different views, but the truth about that whole "believe in me or go to hell" thing is not true. Crazy christians and deluded priests taught that, and it's always the worst of something that's broadcasted into the media. And when the media is displaying only that message, the outside world thinks that's truly what all christians believe. In fact, I've more often heard people say that a sinful theist would go to hell moreso than a generous atheist. So you wouldn't be damned by one being for not believing in him, at least not in this case.

Also, that post doesn't make sense even if what I said weren't true. If one god existed, then the other one most likely wouldn't either. If Jesus and XYZ God were as hateful as you in fact made them out to be, and you chose XYZ God to follow and he ended up being the real one, Jesus wouldn't exist in order to kill you. Also, if a god did in fact exist, I doubt he would be a hateful one. Otherwise he would interfere in humanly events far more often and curse those who spoke out against him. Eh, unless of course that being only had control over the souls of the dead, you never know.

So you are basically saying religions with more than one God are automatically false?

And religions with only one God have a chance at being true?

Where is this logic coming from? A mentally retarded alien or something?

No, but I suppose the aforementioned being might of been the one to interpret my post's meaning for you.

You said XYZ God and Jesus under the terms that they were separate entities. You implied that they both had to exist, when that may have not been the case. In the case that two all-knowing, hateful entities existed that despised one another existed you would in fact be screwed, but you act as those this applies to religion in general.

Are we done now or are you gonna change the topic to something else now. This is pretty boring.

It's not impossible for two exact opposite omnipotent beings to exist. It is the same possibility that a supreme being even exists in the first place.

I agree with the first part, but not the second. Events in the past point to, if there was a supreme being(SE), the conclusion that only one SE existed or if there were multiple SEs they worked in a state of unison. Though it's safe to say that the odds are low on both sides.

It's not impossible for two exact opposite omnipotent beings to exist. It is the same possibility that a supreme being even exists in the first place.

God does not exist and the Bible is false. Prove me wrong.

Let the spamming from Christfags begin.

I won't spam, I won't even argue. However, I would rather you not lump ALL Christians into the "Christfags" category.

I hate Christians more often then I hate Atheists. because alot of Christians tend to give Christianity a bad name by generally bieng a jabroni. I used to have an Atheist friend in High School and I'd much rather talk to him than alot of Christians I know. After a while we came to the conclusion that there's no real way anyone of us can know about the creation of anything regardless of what you believe. That's it though, you have to believe what you believe and not freak out on the first person who doubts your views.

I respect your views Dark don't get me wrong. I'm more saying how some Christians aren't as close-minded as you think.

Sorry, I use stereotypes often.

I've met many (2 or 3) Christians who agree that there is no real proof of God and the Bible has been wrong on multiple occasions. We have common ground. But when it comes to the final conclusion, we go seperate ways. I am fine with that.

The other Christians I have met (197 or 198.) are blinded by their religion, many called me Satan's child for questioning God, my used-to-be preist hates me and their only counter is the Bible. That's why I use stereotypes.

But you are right, I shoudn't lump everyone together when a fraction of people aren't like that. It's unfair.

I'm glad you think like this, see your one of the atheists I can get along with. Because you are rational. There are some crazy-ass atheists out there. and even more crazy-ass Christians.

I work at a subway, and the religion-rush on Saturday is the worst rush ever. Apparantly, church-goers forget ALL of their readings and put their Freak'n sandwich before caring about the person making it.

u dnt know what i talk about. peace is better when there is religin and stuff

Not really. Many times' date=' religion has actually fueled a war to start.

[/quote']

I hateLove to disagree but Darky is wrong....

Religion has fueled many things but it also brings peace as well.

the more people who believe in a certain religion also have peaceful environments.

So RuinMode is correct and Darky-boy you are wrong

Archived