Official Religion Thread

Flame Dragon

If Frunk's policies were still in place' date=' I'd ban the lot of you right now. ;-;

[/quote']

If Frunk's policies were still in place, we would have about 1/3 of the small population we have right now.

If Frunk's polices were still in place, most of the members that actually contribute significantly to this site would all be banned, because they're also all trolls.

Which leaves...... 6-11 year old jaden-fans who are really excited about their new Starter decks and can't seem to figure out that the General section is intended for topics other than yugiohz. And a few other decently cool people.

It would be super duper boring though D:

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Frunk's policies were still in place' date=' I'd ban the lot of you right now. ;-;

[/quote']

If Frunk's policies were still in place, we would have about 1/3 of the small population we have right now.

If Frunk's polices were still in place, most of the members that actually contribute significantly to this site would all be banned, because they're also all trolls.

Which leaves...... 6-11 year old jaden-fans who are really excited about their new Starter decks and can't seem to figure out that the General section is intended for topics other than yugiohz. And a few other decently cool people.

It would be super duper boring though D:

I would probably manage to stay under the radar. Then again, maybe not. Icy's out to get me.

Even if had managed to avoid the Great Banning, there wouldn't be anything fun left on the site :/

Anyone who wasn't banned would either leave or do something for the lulz and get banned.

I think that every intellegent individual aknowledges the possibility of the existance of an all-powerful creator/designer/deity.

People are stupid. They dont know what happened thousands of years ago' date=' making the bible not historically significant evidence to prove its legitimacy.

[/quote']

That doesn't prove me wrong.

And historically speaking, the Bible is legitimate.

Prove it.

With me' date=' I believe that God created evolution. ;-;

[/quote']

This. It is the simplest way to solve everything.

I myself am Christian. I don't pray to God unless I'm screwed, but I believe a few times it's been because of my feelings for my crush. I'm really not into Catholicism, and I have an absolute distaste for the Mormon religion because of this video. No offense ot Mormons. But yeah, I totally believe that anyone has their right to whatever religion they believe in.

What is the dark one' date=' daddy?

Answer: WANKER!!

XDD

[/quote']

That hurts. When I make a youtube video showing me killing myself and force my friends to promise to post it and put a link to it in this thread you'll feel differently, I'm sure. You'll be sorry then! So there!

why would I be?

why would I feel bad about a british soldier dying in the line of duty in iraq?

It justs proves you can't take critisisim :lol:

Sigh....I guess.

God exists. Prove me wrong. :)

While I can not disprove the existence of God' date=' I can offer enormous amounts of scientific research as evidence to disproving the first chapter of the Bible.

[/quote']

well, actually, one of britain's leading scientists has written a book saying how actually it is correct, as long as you don't take it "litterally". When it says "let there be light," imagine a great explosion that started it all... hmm, which one, which one?

The bible says that the creatures came forth from the sea (OMG!! that was correct, right?) and that the land was carved out of the water (bang on again.)

When the bible says that God created light (after he created the day), it talks about eyes (once again, spot on.)

Now, how can a bunch of land-lovin' shepards know that creatures came from the sea three thousand years before this theory was supposed due to fossil records?

XDD

[/quote']

That hurts. When I make a youtube video showing me killing myself and force my friends to promise to post it and put a link to it in this thread you'll feel differently, I'm sure. You'll be sorry then! So there!

why would I be?

Sigh....I guess.

While I can not disprove the existence of God' date=' I can offer enormous amounts of scientific research as evidence to disproving the first chapter of the Bible.

[/quote']

well, actually, one of britain's leading scientists has written a book saying how actually it is correct, as long as you don't take it "litterally". When it says "let there be light," imagine a great explosion that started it all... hmm, which one, which one?

The bible says that the creatures came forth from the sea (OMG!! that was correct, right?) and that the land was carved out of the water (bang on again.)

When the bible says that God created light (after he created the day), it talks about eyes (once again, spot on.)

Now, how can a bunch of land-lovin' shepards know that creatures came from the sea three thousand years before this theory was supposed due to fossil records?

Go read Genesis again. They got other things wrong.

However, you are completely right in saying that a figurative interpretation of the chapter is legitimate.

XDD

[/quote']

why would I be?

Sigh....I guess.

[/quote']

Go read Genesis again. They got other things wrong.

However, you are completely right in saying that a figurative interpretation of the chapter is legitimate.

Not in my opinion, because some people have a felxible mind and can see what others can't, and that's what i can do 8)

You can prove everything in the bible with science. Even the possible existance in God' date=' as Icyblue had showed me the other day and I'm sure he'd be happy to post.

[/quote']

That's an entirely useless statement.

Using science, I can prove that it's possible for the Flying Spaghetti Monster to exist. It's simple, go look up String Theory and the current scientific understanding of the ten dimensions.

Neither will science ever disprove the possibility of a god or gods. It may continue to cut out support from under the feet of religion. But really, that just means that science is taking over the role that religion once held: Explaining things. Religion has another role to play in the form of a bringer of hope, and that is something that science will never be able to fully usurp.

This being said, it is totally possible to live a fulfilling and happy life that is devoid of any religious feeling.

About the Bible thing: You can interpret Genesis as a metaphor, but you have to be a bit more abstract then that. The "order of creation" in Genesis was all wrong, and multiple logical leaps were made. This isn't even getting into all the contradictions in the Adam and Eve story. Genesis was meant metaphorically, of course, but more in the sense of "God is responsible for all of creation" than "God made a big explosion in the sky."

It would be interesting to find out if the Genesis story was the result of normal mythological formation (some kid asked his dad how everything happened, dad gave vague answer meant to be a metaphor. The kid passed it on to his children, and eventually it became more embellished and interpreted more literally.) or the result of an early priest actually believing that that was the way it happened. (drugs? insanity?)

Or, of course, it could be the result of a direct lie, though really there's no reason to believe that.

Anyways, I think I rambled enough. ;)

Sigh....I guess.

God doesn't exist. Prove me wrong.

God exists because these people who go by the bible have been taught that he exists and that when they die they will go to heaven when their lord lives. That's it.... Nothing else to it... not a big deal....either... everyone will have an opinion on this... But my questions and statements aren't far from Horus and Dark... How do we know God exists? What about all the other religion stuff?

Sigh....I guess.

God exists because these people who go by the bible have been taught that he exists and that when they die they will go to heaven when their lord lives. That's it.... Nothing else to it... not a big deal....either... everyone will have an opinion on this... But my questions and statements aren't far from Horus and Dark... How do we know God exists? What about all the other religion stuff?

The Bible is always right.

Likewise, the book I wrote about the Year 3001 is also always right.

Sigh....I guess.

Circular Logic.

No, merely a proposition. Albeit a baseless one. But the same would apply to OMGAKITTY. In this case, OMG also carries the Burden of Proof.

An example of circular logic (Also known as the Fallacy of Begging the Question.) would be: "You can't give me a C, I'm an A-student." "God exists because the Bible tells me so; the Bible is right because God wrote it." "If a smoker wants to quit, he can quit as long as he really wants to." etc. etc.

Sigh....I guess.

Circular Logic.

No' date=' merely a proposition. Albeit a baseless one. But the same would apply to OMGAKITTY. In this case, OMG also carries the Burden of Proof.

An example of circular logic (Also known as the Fallacy of Begging the Question.) would be: "You can't give me a C, I'm an A-student." "God exists because the Bible tells me so; the Bible is right because God wrote it." "If a smoker wants to quit, he can quit as long as he really wants to." etc. etc.

[/quote']

I define it as a statement that cannot be beaten, nor proven.

Archived