Lock.

Tempest Dahlia

Which Would You Llke?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which Would You Llke?

• I prefer that the current RP rules stand: For whatever reason it may be, l am against advanced format, or l don't like some aspects/RPing with it all the time.
    • I prefer the new change: For whatever reason it may be, i'm against Basic format and l think advanced will... (I expect an explanation.)

I think a replacement mod is up to the current RP mods to decide or soemthing.

Ah . . . then I doubt Umbra would like me to become a mod.

However . . . Rinne and Shadius might agree.

yet I still stand by my nomination for PrimalFear . . . RPG Mod!

No, Umbra isn't biased, as is Rinne. Nomination is better, seeing as the votes wouldn't be biased.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we can nominate you and Primal, which then leads to the peoples beliefs. We could choose between you, or Primal, or maybe even between some other selected people. Then, it's a basic Political based voting system. One vote per person, then a vote of popularity, as in who is seen more in the forums. After this entire process, the votes will be added together, and the person will receive the mod spot. Does that seem fair?

Well then' date=' if we do this it would be recommended that we open up a Thread to vote. We must first start with certain nominations, where then lead up to votes for those certain people. Through this process, we could possibly develop a new mod in this Forum.

[/quote']

That sounds like the best option actually.

Well' date=' all this option needs now is a few supporters and a being approved. Once so, we can begin it when necessary and put an end to this unneeded argument.

[/quote']

One question, do the members nominate or mods?

If it's the members, it doesn't eliminate biased voting. If it's the mods, it does. (Depending on who gets nominated.)

Guest Morpheous Erebos

I'd stick with mods voting, but then it would be a hassle for them because if they don't already know the person nominated, they'd have to go and look for posts by them just to find if they have the correct qualities...

Well, that is the complicated part of this. Which do you believe would be a more sufficient way of voting? If we used members from the RP Forum, then they have a little more notice of the people who revolve around that area, and can give designated votes. If we give it to the mods, then they have a good talking process on whom is supporting what the most and helping in what the most. This can lead to far easier voting, as some members can be convinced by some cheap points or reps, and we wouldn't want a rigged election.

Well' date=' that is the complicated part of this. Which do you believe would be a more sufficient way of voting? If we used members from the RP Forum, then they have a little more notice of the people who revolve around that area, and can give designated votes. If we give it to the mods, then they have a good talking process on whom is supporting what the most and helping in what the most. This can lead to far easier voting, as some members can be convinced by some cheap points or reps, and we wouldn't want a rigged election.

[/quote']

My point exactly.

About the current topic, while I think that supers can promote normal mods to their levels, only YCMaker and Falling Pizza can actually establish new mods. Therefore, the entire decision would be up to them. I'd be happy to see suggestions, but I can't promise anything.

I'm personally against appointing any more RP mods, though, because we already have 4 in name. (Umbra, Shady, Sushi, and I.) It'd be a bit excessive to have 5 for a single sub-section, especially considering Custom Cards as a whole only has 3.

About the current topic' date=' while I think that supers can promote normal mods to their levels, only YCMaker and Falling Pizza can actually establish new mods. Therefore, the entire decision would be up to them. I'd be happy to see suggestions, but I can't promise anything.

I'm personally against appointing any more RP mods, though, because we already have 4 in name. (Umbra, Shady, Sushi, and I.) It'd be a bit excessive to have 5 for a single sub-section, especially considering Custom Cards as a whole only has 3.

[/quote']

-coughs-

Sushi.

-coughs-

Plus, to you Kira, don't forget, the mods monitor this Forum, so they'll obviously have seen a handful of us, and we can't say they haven't, because we don't know what they watch, and when. The Mods will be the ones who make the choice in this matter, simply because of their authority, if you try to blackmail them, you will get banned, and it will become a vote based on facts, not random likings of a certain person. The votes will be as who they want, then the popular votes, deciding exactly who would be on here the most to perform their duty as a mod. If we fall to a tie, then it will be decided by one member of the RP Forum, based on what they know about the persons actions and realities in this Forum. It will be a more random person, hopefully someone who doesn't fully have affections to one of the nominees.

What should be done is members vote on who should be the new mod. Weither it be me, primal . . . whoever.

Then the mods just go and have a discussion with each nominee. Too see how they are and what they think, etc etc.

From there its a mere vote. And lets hope it would not become a popularity contest . . .

You're playing a game based ON' date=' being Vivid and Descriptive.

You all have NO excuse whatsoever than to be expected of any less.

[/quote']

I would like to say "based ON" . . . but not completely needed Icyblue.

Had we not already discussed it. We need SOME detailed posts, true. But writting a literal book is not honestly needed.

Guest JoshIcy

What should be done is members vote on who should be the new mod. Weither it be me' date=' primal . . . whoever.

Then the mods just go and have a discussion with each nominee. Too see how they are and what they think, etc etc.

From there its a mere vote. And lets hope it would not become a popularity contest . . .

[/quote']

Lol what? Yes... Lets petition to who would make you all happier. Because that's the goal of a mod. Lolno... The reason being a mod sucks is because we have to keep control, as well as please you. And apparently that's just not possible with RP. So as I said:

You're playing a game based ON' date=' being Vivid and Descriptive.

You all have NO excuse whatsoever than to be expected of any less.

[/quote']

Since when did this become new Mods? Remember YCM that a Mod's decision is final. I think Rinne and the other RP Mods are doing a Smashing job trying to keep everyone happy. The Mod Team can put anyRule in they wish (as long as they all agree of course) so just deal with it :p If CC can work then so can RP.

Since when did this become new Mods? Remember YCM that a Mod's decision is final. I think Rinne and the other RP Mods are doing a Smashing job trying to keep everyone happy. The Mod Team can put anyRule in they wish (as long as they all agree of course) so just deal with it :p If CC can work then so can RP.

Unfortunately there'd be some who would disagree

Guest JoshIcy

I disagree that Kraft is a good brand of cheese. So where's your point?

As would I, not merely to see my own idea come to fruition, but because I honestly think it would end all of the arguements.

I disagree that Kraft is a good brand of cheese. So where's your point?

That people have differences of opinion.

Argueing about this is no more helpful than the cheese comment above.

Instead why don't we try and help the mods fix the rpg seciton.

I already put in my idea- The Apprentice Idea.

Guest JoshIcy

As would I' date=' not merely to see my own idea come to fruition, but because I honestly think it would end all of the arguements.

[/quote']

You have no idea how much hell a CC Mod gets when we crack down on members like this.

But we still do it anyway, as we believe it to be for the better of the forum. This is nothing new.

Archived