Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie RP: Reign of Paradox [Advanced][PG-16][Started][Accepting via PM]

Guest Merciful Idiot

Protheus was on the verge of snapping but still barely managed to keep his calm,though his eyebrow was noticeably twitching.

"Just go away before you regret ever approaching me...."

Empty threat. What could he do in such a crowded place? And besides, he needed some help to regain his own powers. If he killed her, his chance of regaining his powers will be lost.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judai, realizing defeat, went away, depressed.

Yubel and Winged Kuriboh appeared next to the Princess.

"What's the matter?"

Judai started sobbing.

"That meanie-face over there wouldn't be my friend!"

Yubel sensed the power radiating from him, and it dawned on her that Judai could've been killed by that monster.

"There there. It's alright. There are other fish in the sea..." Yubel patted the princess's head while Winged Kuriboh gave his mistress a hug.

Guest Merciful Idiot

Protheus's eyebrows stopped twitching and he sighed once more. He's never before been in such a helpless situation. Usually, he always plans as expected, but this, not. But apparently, nobody except himself, his guardian and his Master knew that HE was the original cause of dimensions freezing, although this happened at a slow rate. Paradox was doing these things rapidly. Protheus couldn't help but wonder if Set, his own god, ever expected this.

A young duelist found himself quivering against the wall of a dark alley, a man in a black trench coat towering over him, the quivering teen's deck spread out in his hand.

"What the hell is this?" The cloaked man asked to no one in particular, "This is utter garbage! A worthless pile of nothing! Get out of my sight!"

The man tossed the cards into the air, letting them float down around the frightened and defeated duelist, who made the mistake of trying to pick up his scattered cards. His efforts were rewarded with a swift kick to his stomach.

"I said 'GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!'"

Recovering from the kick, the teen immediatly ran away, disappearing around a corner, leaving Zane alone in the alley.

"Feh, what is this. I thought I'd be able to gain more power now. Where are those C3 fools? Are they afraid?! Come out and play!" Zane yelled out his challenge to the open air.

Guest Merciful Idiot

"Now, now, you're just going to have to be patient." Yami Bakura walked out from a building nearby Zane. "Heh, I wonder myself if he's telling the truth. But if he is, you'd better be patient."

-----

Protheus simply stood still, like a statue. He was conversing with his Duel Spirit about the future. He then remembered something, his clones. They were wondering off in different dimensions. But the chances of them still in being with Paradox around....slim. And besides, none of them have the right ability to hold off against Paradox. Protheus sighed and thought about this for a bit.

Standing at ease against the wall, the blonde Taichi Masaki was awaiting for a say on what was going down with this team called C3. He didn't even know what the three C's stood for and pretty much didn't care. He rolled up his orange sleeves and started itching his butt in his light blue jeans.

Taichi on any other day, was a happy person. This however, would have someone in the dumps. Although he is no stranger to Time Travel, having travel in the future and past; another dimension is really absurd to him. He was one day enjoying vacation with Kai, Rendes, and all of his friends. Even that grouchy rival of his, Lucas Sky joined in on the 'fun'. In a blink of an eye, the guy Yusei told Taichi was named 'Paradox', came in, swiped his first ever Red-Eyes and left with literally no mention at all of anything.

His first Red-Eyes...the one his sister gave him when he was younger. She said she literally found it on the floor, but Taichi thinks fate handed him a favor. His eyes concentrated on the blank Normal card that was missing his Signature dragon. Sure he had another one, but all his cards had a sentimental value added to them.

"I'll get you back, my Red-Eyes." Taichi muttered. He put the empty card back in to his pocket and dug his left hand in the respective pocket. Taichi then let out a silent, yet long sigh.

"There are a lot of people. They took all of the seats also" he smirked. He hoped C3 had an excellent plan prepared. He hasn't even a gotten a chance to duel Paradox, but by telling of the number of people in C3, he got a vibe this guy was very powerful.

While in a Allyway of New Domino city; a gripping Duel had come to a end. A man coplased and faced up to his Opponent; A Brown spikey haired boy with Grey bangs and Blueish Highlights on the Tips of his Spikes. Looking down with his Cold, Blue eye while the Other one was covered up by a bloody bandage. He lifted his right arm which was enfused with his duel disk and revealed a strange amulet; a Onix surrounded by Tarnished silver which had strange symbols.

"A Pitaful Opponent; Your even worse then the Acdememy students!" he commented.

Soon the man coplased into summition as dark mists started to emmit from his Body. The strange mists was Negative duel engery, Used by duel spirits to empower themselves. It started to circle the amulet before being sent trough the amulet itself and finaly being absorbed to the Cold hearted duelist himself. Afterwords he slides the amulet back into his Pocket; Pulling out his PDA.

"3:30, The Destroyed D-Wheel factory. Dont be late Kana." It read. He slid it back and walked off While the brezze blew his Purple jacket around, Like nothing had happened.

Meanwhile at the meeting, Crystal was seated near where Judai was. She was dressed in her usual clothes, her arms folded like she was trying to hide her flashy engagement ring (though she wasn't). Her duel disk was on her right arm as usual, and her life-long partner, Dark Magician, had appeared beside her. Crystal had surveyed the general age of the C3 movement, and felt a tad too old to be there, considering how the majority was in their late teens, perhaps early twenties. She looked to where Judai was crying, and her eyes fell on her Slifer uniform. Crystal felt a small sense of deja vu; it had been such a long time since she had even been in a uniform, let alone a Slifer uniform, or indeed set foot on Duel Academy since she had left 20 long years ago.

I guess it's their turn to be young, she thought as she straightened her coat. AJ and I have had our share. I wonder if the crying girl knows Athrun or Garnet? She looks around their age, though I think she'd be more familiar with Athrun than Garnet. Her only daughter was a Ra, unlike her only son who was a Slifer, and the last time Crystal had heard from either of them, they had been dealing with some enemies called Nano Spaciens ... whatever they were, nothing had properly troubled Crystal since she had left Duel Academy.

Leif chuckled from his seat, raising an eyebrow at the disturbances up at the stage.

"Someone who exists only as a data application? How interesting." he said with a ghost of a smile.

"I, of course, wouldn't know anything about that, now would I, Red?" he said, still smiling brightly to himself. Within the crevices of his mind, a crimson-coated former-protection Program scoffed and turned away at being addressed, to the amusement of his peers. 'We really shouldn't exist, you know.' Red responded. 'We fused back into you for a reason, you know.'

Leif chuckled to himself. "Why, of course you did. But then again, when was my mind NOT fragmented?" he said whimsically. A girlish voice, sounding about eleven, responded this time. 'He's got you there, Red.' 'You stay out of this Green.' 'Oh, meanie.'

Leif just shook his head and fixed his Duel Disk's positioning on his arm. Admittedly, he hated carrying the model, but with the change in dimensions, he couldn't just form a Dueling UI out of thin air like usual. He stood up and stretched out his back, looking idly at all the others who had been grabbed out of time and space, wondering silently if he knew any of them.

Guest Tainted Black

Yugi walked out on stage to discover the chaos being caused by Noah. He quickly changed to Yami before he finished stepping out. [/b] He quickly went up to Sarin, and proceeded to ask Sarin what the devil was going on.

Black sat reading a book, not bothering anyone, or anything. Most people would say he was dead if they looked at him. Truthfully, he was very much alive, just enraptured by the book as he waited.

"Patient?" Zane said as he shifted his duel disk into Stand-By Mode and walked over to Yami Bakura, "I was promised that I would be able to gain more power if I joined Paradox, and so far I haven't met any opponent who could match me! How am I supposed to gain more power if I can't even find an enemy with anything close to an actual good card in his deck?"

Zane took a few steps away from Yami Bakura, quickly gathering up the cards that he had taken from his last opponent, forming them into a small messy pile. Reaching into his cloak, Zane pulled out a lighter and a small piece of paper. Lighting the paper, he tossed it onto the cards, quickly turning his opponent's cards into nothing but a fire on the ground.

"It'll go out soon enough, and with it, all remnant of those pathetic cards." Finishing his work, Zane turned back to Yami Bakura, "So, do you have any idea where Paradox actually is? I haven't seen his recently."

"Temper, Temper Zane. You dont want your Heart to go Again..." Kana Apppers From the shadows Behind Yami Bakura. The place were the three of them were was a Abadoned D-Wheel Factory in the still-run down parts of Satalite. Taking seat on a Empty crate nearby he Notices the Fire of cards.

"So, who was the Unfortunet victem this time, Zane. You need to wait until we get our orders...Then you will get a challenge." Kana Comments on Zanes little temper tantum.

OOC: Might as well give Zarkus some pretext.

Several lines of code could be seen falling from the sky in the virtual world, and the sky was fluctuating in color, showing that it was highly unstable and could collapse at any time. A dark miasma filled the virtual air, and AI programs in it where dying. A tear opened out of nowhere, and Paradox walked through into a GM room, a demonic smile under his mask, and a dark purple glow surrounding his body. "Greetings, Zarkus." he said, a duel disk forming on his arm, and a deck appearing in the slot. "I suppose you know why I'm here, correct?"

Zarkus stood up, as his own duel disk appeared in his hand. His console was completely corrupted and sparks were flying out of it. His deck glowed a dark color, and a symbol appeared on it and quickly vanished. His deck had been returned to its true form: That of the Dark Oracle. "I suppose you came here personally because I'm too strong for your lackeys, right, Paradox?" he said, snapping his fingers, as his body was surrounded by a dark armor. (think: Card in my sig)

Paradox smiled, and let off a slight cackle. "Looks like you aren't as clueless as I thought. You're quite aware of the situation, are you not?" he said, snapping his own fingers, as the area around them vanished, and was replaced by a blank white circle. The background behind them fluctuated, and changed to an area resembling deep space, with galaxies surrounding them, with the white circle they stood on changing shape to that of the Milky Way. "Might as well set an appropriate arena, correct? Lets get this over with. I can't leave such a powerful enemy alone. Are you prepared, Zarkus?" he said, activating his duel disk, as an "8000" appeared over his head.

Zarkus started sweating, knowing full well the consequences of his failure. However, he took a deep breath, and remained strong, prepared to duel to his last breath. He activated his own duel disk, and an "8000" appeared over his head. He drew 5 cards from his deck, all of them glowing a crimson red color. "Lets do this, Paradox!" he said, glowing crimson in his own right, his duelist's spirit on true display.

"DUEL!"

Guest Tainted Black

Black had been reading during Zane's duel. Black chuckled as he stood and walked up and clicked his tongue. "So, Zane beat another kid, eh? Do you ever stop.", he said with a grin. "So, anyone have a clue what our job is?" He asked Bakura specifically. He popped out his book again and began to read. They probably thought he was ignoring them ,but in all actuality he was paying MORE Attention now than before.

Zane cackled at everyone's comments towards him.

"I never stop!" Zane replied to Black, "If I stopped, then I wouldn't ever gain power! And without power, life is meaningless!"

Finishing his reply to Black, he turned to Kana.

"I know that, but Paradox is nowhere to be found! As for that last kid, he was just a worthless piece of trash who seemed a little too cocky when I pulled him off the street. Well, I put him in his place, and burnt that worthless pile of paper he called a deck."

"Again Zane. Cool down; Your going to have another Heart attack at this rate. And i dont want resuscitate you Again like before...." Kana Shuddered after speeking; The horrifying image going back into his head. Grabing his Deck he pulled out his Signature Card; Diety of Death - Yum Cieal. As paradox did with the others Singature cards; The spirit of the card had been Extracted, along with its Apperence.

"And for Paradox; God's Know were he is...With the timelines being tangled up like this, he can be anywear at anytime, Simtonasly..." He comments.

"Leave the man be." Bryce told the group, appearing briefly in his demon form before shifting back into his host's body "Black may be stupid enough not to realize the importance of attaining godlike power, but he's still useful to Paradox for some reason, though I can't hazard a guess as to why ANYONE would call him useful."

Meanwhile, Rayos was taking a nap in the chairs while Yusei, Yugi, and Jaden were doing something, the amnesiac hadn't been paying any attention at all even when he was awake.

Kalin "Shinigami" Kessler was standing in one of the alcoves between the rows of seats, thinking back to when he last saw Yusei at Satisfaction Town and, more so, his Duel against Paradox that left him without Infernity Death Dragon. He was almost wishing that he could use his Dark Synchro Monster One-Hundred Eye Dragon once more.

Guest Tainted Black

"Useless?" Black asked with a sadistic chuckle. "I could beat you without trying." He grew solemn as he continued, "I understand the need for power, I just don't understand Zane dueling weak duelists for no good readon.". He put the book he had been reading in his pocket and glared at Bryce. He felt his anger rising, so decided to calm himself down. As he glared he thought about how he hated Bryce.

Leif suddenly stopped walking, after having nearly tripped over a Cyborg.

"Funny..." he muttered to himself, rubbing his chin, as he reached into his bag of masks. He pulled out one, and after blowing on it, considered it. It was a brilliant white, featureless, though the occasional 0 or 1 crossed it. It was flickering ever so often, as if it were a hologram or some sort of apparition that only appeared to have substance.

Leif was amused. "It seems... the Virtual World is in danger. Again." he muttered. He paused, and a small smile crept over his face. "Red. Blue. Green. We wouldn't happen to have the... 'thing' set up, now would we?"

'Actually... we do.' Red responded hesitantly. 'You aren't thinking of doing anything drastic, are you?' he added. Green giggled mischievously. Leif could just see Blue's smirk.

"We're doing it. Activate Subroutine 1911, Return of the King." he said simply. He heard Red's sigh, Green giggle of glee, and Blue's howl of excitement, as they all prepared for their parts in it.

As he watched, the white mask was consumed by three bright colors; Red, Green and Blue; before it glowed brightly, settling back into its white shape, though now numbers ran down it constantly.

Leif sat down in a chain, and placed the mask upon his face.

-

In the Virtual World, beyond the players, programs and destroyed scenery, appeared three strange creatures. One was a red-clan figure in early Victorian-Era gentleman's clothes (though colored an usually bright red color), with a long bright red ponytail and a mask in the form of a Red Oni covering his facial features. Beside him was a man in a more Eastern-inspired Samurai garb aside from the deep blue dye that covered everything he donned, the same height, with long unbranded black hair. He smirked, placing one hand on his holstered Katana, which was inscribed with blue cloth in the hilt.

The last was a small child, in forest-green clothing that looked almost homemade. She wore a bright green Tengu mask, which made her seem like some sort of flighty bird. She giggled aloud.

"Well, let's do it guys." she said brightly, before jumping into the surpised arms of the older males who took a step back in surprise.

As soon as they touched, there was a bright flash that could be seen for miles in the Virtual Realm. After it faded, only one creature remained, and it was very plainly Leif though he was clothed in brilliant stark-white robes and a complex white mask that glowed with data occasionally. He smirked as he glanced around.

"Good to be home." he murmured, before flicking a hand out as multiple displays surrounded him. He paused as he checked around, and tapped one. There was a moment where he was consumed in light and, once again, he disappeared.

-

"Zarkus!" Leif cried as he materialized in the Amazing Technicolor Battlefield Paradox had selected for the duel. The white robed actor raised his left hand, as a silvery virtual Duel Disk appeared affixed onto it. "Need a hand?" he offered.

"The strong live and the weak deserve the slowest most painful death possible." Bryce said with a shrug, two five bladed DiaDhanks appearing on his forearms "Come on, Black, you really don't think your stronger than someone old enough to kill the last four Sacred Guardians?" The demon asked, holding up his Duel Disks, "These things are real, my friend, not some cheap imitation built for shock value or some bull@#$% like that." The blades spread out, with the first locking in place against Bryce's wrist, then the next three arranging themselves in standard DiaDhank formation, and the last snapping out parallel to Bryce's elbow like the first blade. On his other hand, the same thing happened. "So, you up for it?"

Zarkus looked over at Leif, and let off a grin. "I would love to have you join. Long time no see, old friend." he said, looking back at Paradox. "Of course, its up to you. You mind doubling your chances of failure?"

Paradox let off another cackle, knowing full well the combined strength of his opponents. It didn't matter to him, however. He was going to win either way, or so he thought. "Okay, Zarkus." he said, adjusting his duel disk a bit, as a "4000" appeared over Zarkus's head instead of the 8000. "The turn order is as follows. I go first, then Leif, then you. Sound good?"

Leif chuckled and bore his Duel disk as the displays around him formed. He smirked behind his white mask, which did not cover his mouth.

"Sounds fine with me." he said with a shrug, snapping his fingers as a 4000 total appeared above his cranium.

"Though I should warn you..." he said with a smirk. "Four-against-One odds aren't so hot, Paradox."

He drew his hand quickly, waving a hand towards the evil master of dimension travel.

Paradox smiled, drawing a hand of 5 of his own cards. "Its my turn." he said, drawing a card. The card glowed a black color, signifying that it was of great power. His field spell card zone opened, and he placed the card he drew in there, as sparks of dark lightning surrounded his body. A lone, albeit large tree appeared behind him, with dark colored apples all over it. "Paradise of Sin - Garden of Eden." he solemnly said, as one of the apples from the tree dropped into his hand, and turned into a card. "I remove Red-Eyes Black Dragon and Blue Eyes White Dragon in my deck from play to summon their chaotic counterparts!" Paradox said, as Blue-Eyes and Red-Eyes appeared on his field. Dark lightning surrounded them as they were covered in black armor. "I set 2 cards. Turn end."

Hand: 1

Monsters: 2

S/T: 3

Paradise of Sin - Garden of Eden

Field Spell

Negate the effects of "Sin" monsters that prevent more then one from being on the field, and prevent more then 1 monster you control from attacking. Once per turn, add 1 "Sin" monster from your deck to your hand. When this card would be removed from the field, you can remove 1 "Sin" monster in your hand or Graveyard from play instead.

Leif frowned slightly as he glanced around. "Eden? The site of the Original Sin, then? Geeze, well you really don't kid around..." he muttered, as he drew his newest card.

[L=6]

He examined his options and paused briefly. "I place a Monster Face-down, and also drop a face-down spell or trap. That's all for now." he said as he placed both cards on the light interface conjured by his Duel Disk. The inverse of a card placed horizontally appeared before him, and the back side of a vertical card appeared behind that.

[L=4]

Zarkus picked up a card from his deck, and looked at it with a blank look on his face, neither satisfied nor dissatisfied with his draw. "I summon Dark Soul Jester to the field in attack position." he said, as the Jester popped out of the card, purple lightning surrounded it. The Jester smiled, as two more copies of the card came on to the field. "I then special summon 2 more with their own effect. I set 1 card and end."

Monsters: 3

S/T: 1

Hand: 2

Paradox sighed, knowing full well the consequences of running into battle unprepared. He drew a card, and yet another apple fell from the tree, as it transformed into a card. "I remove Stardust Dragon in my Extra Deck from play to bring forth Sin Stardust Dragon. Now then, Sin Stardust, Attack Leif's monsters, and Sin Blue Eyes, attack him directly!" he said, his face-down card prepared to activate in case of a counter.

Hand: 2

Monsters: 3

S/T: 3

OOC: If no response, set 1 card end turn.

Archived