Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie RP: Reign of Paradox [Advanced][PG-16][Started][Accepting via PM]

Lucas had arrived in the retired, rusted, semi-abandoned torn down, D-Wheel Factory some time ago. Hearing the other characters near himself argue, he frowned deeply. He frustratedly messed around with the water crystal on his neck. Why should he wait for Paradox? Wasn't Paradox the one who invited him? This was probably his only chance to get the ultimate card the he was trying to get with the necklace that he captured souls with. Here was another chance now, so he took it.

----

Taichi legs started to get a bit wobbly because he had been doing nothing but standing in hos black boots for about fourty-five minutes. "Ugh! I need to sit down!" Taichi said, as if anybody was listening. Taichi then just kneed down to the floor and continued in his thoughts. After a minute or so, he thought it would be better if he talked with someone. Maybe he could find someone from the same universe as himself. With that intention in his mind, he rose up from his kneeled position and started walking.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leif was silent as the Sin Dragon blew away his monster card, which flipped over at the point of impact to reveal a strange fiend, apparently made solely of eyeballs. It crossed its eyeball-studded thick arms infront of itself in order to ward off the mass of Stardust Motes exhaled by the dragon- Unfortunately, this seemed to do absolutely nothing as it was promptly erased from existence.

Leif nodded as the card entered his Graveyard. "That was Big Eye. He doesn't see much use nowadays, but there you go." he said with a shrug.

"Since you flipped Big Eye, I get to see what my next five draws are... and rearrange them."

The top five cards on his deck appeared before him and Leif examined them with a 'hmm'. He rearranged the last and second cards, and the third with the fourth, before waving his hand for the rest to be placed on his deck.

"And before you have any delusions of flooring me this turn..." he said nonchalantly, as he flicked his hand. "Activate Threatening Roar". The card flipped up, and a horrific roar was heard through the entire battlescape, forcefully ending Paradox's Battle Phase.

Paradox smiled, his face-down card flipping up. On it, was a blue colored apple, with books in the background. "Activate my Spell card, Temptation of Sin" he said, as Sin Red-eyes vanished. "By tributing 1 Sin monster, I can negate any one card effect, and add one Sin Monster from my deck to my hand." Paradox said, as his other Dragon's white wave of energy bursted straight through Threatening Roar, and continued to head towards Leif, and yet another apple fell in his hand, as it transformed into a card.

Temptation of Sin

Counter Trap

Tribute 1 "Sin" monster you control to negate the activation and effect of any card. Then, add 1 Sin Monster from your deck to your hand.

Leif called out as he suffered the attack, doubling over and coughing somewhat after it finally let up. He grunted and pulled his palm over his head, wincing when he saw that he had coughed up some blood.

[L- 1000 LP]

He glanced over at Zarkus. "Sorry Zarkus, must have gotten a little rusty over time." he muttered, standing up and walking off the wrinkled in his cloak. "Oh well. He took me with surprise by that one. Won't happen again." he said with a shrug.

Paradox let out a slight laugh. "That's all I have for now." he said, both of his dragons still on the field, their presence imposing. The area around them was starting to shatter, losing stability due to the immense strength coming from the two monsters. The virtual world was failing. "Hit me with all you can, next turn, or you lose."

Guest TheFinalFan

A pair of eyes materialized next to Paradox, one golden, while the other was blue and black. An angelic face with glowing-red circuitry formed around the eyes, as well as red and black hair styled in a manner that looked like the cosmic offspring of Yusei and Akiza's hair.

Then, a body of the perfect female proportions started to appear, covered in a red and black bodysuit made out of a shiny, rubbery material, which also had the red circuitry, and a black sleeveless trenchcoat around the suit. Six black leather belts, three on each upper arm, also came out of nowhere, and the woman surveyed the landscape.

"Master..." Itsu Solace purred, "...Sarin has started his little powwow, according to our spy."

Guest Merciful Idiot

Yami Bakura laughed for a moment. "What do you think? Paradox is everywhere, in case you haven't figured it out. He can travel between dimensions, and not only dimensions, but time in inside dimensions too. He's appearing from the time of the founding of Duel Monsters to anywhere in the future in each dimension he visits. However, I suspect that this can't simply be done just like that, that makes me wonder how he was able to do all this. And if Paradox DOES double-cross us, he'll be destroyed, without second thought."

----

Protheus was deep in thought....or was he?

Protheus.... A voice ringed in his head. How much longer.....do you have to delay...my awakening......? This was the voice that has haunted Protheus for 4000 years. The voice always has given a shiver in Protheus's spine.

With all due respect, Master, something unexpected has turned up. Protheus began explaining the events to his Master. You wouldn't have noticed, since you reside in the deepest parts of the Shadow Realm, and the Shadow Realm is only one, unreturnable void between dimensions, unlike the Dark World.

Guest Tainted Black

Black chuckled at Bakura's reply to his earlier question. "See, that is why I like Bakura better than the rest of you." His big toothy grin showing as he pointed to Bakura. "He thinks AND keeps a level head. He's not too bent on anything other than Yugi either. Also, he's the LAST person I'd ever cross." Blsck walked back to where he had been sitting and pulled out his book. "Guess all that is left to do is wait." He mumbled. He turned the page of his book and was captured over and over with each word. But, he was also thinking. Thinking up plans, and what they were doing here. He did his best thinknig while reading anyways.

"I am afraid that our Moon Hugs are unusable to the Earthling membrane, therefore I must decline your offer of showing your emotion, it would help however if we were given the contract your have given us years ago, changing our names to Steve Lumis and Steve Umbra" Lumis said all this in his drawl while his companion quickly said "We gotta get our rights back man!"

Noah Kaiba seemed physically disturbed with him and VX sharing the same body, hoping she would find a alternative way to deal with him while not being turned down he said "The dataport's in the computer's database behind the stage, check the electrical plugs and there you'll have it."

VX went over to the dataport and jacked in one of her hair-tentacles to the dataport.

Noah disappeared from the screen as he was sucked into VX's mind.

Xandra exclaimed as Noah popped into the abyssal void that was VX's mind.

((May I control Noah a bit?))

((I'll use this green text for him.))

OOC: Sure I wouldn't mind at all.

Noah then stared at the limbo-like world with a look of awe. "So this is what the brain of the female android looks like. Well the emptyness explains a good amount of her personality and character overall." He then turned to the girl while retaining a look of non-emotion, he would have to remain proffesional here, this is going to be where he was going to be for the rest of his life. "Anyways, I can see there is not much to do here! But define the word best friend as I am a memory of a ten year old boy that was corrupted by his own father and almost killed one of your great leaders".

Mez was demension was recently altered and so quickly that the effects wore on him. When he walked he shifted spaces. Mez hopped this would lead to Paradox. Though not often enough did it work for him. Sometimes he shifted at any given step and sometimes he shifted once every hour. He steped and shifted.

Mez saw Paradox facing others in a duel. He wasn't noticed yet. Then he realized that he, himself was floating in air. This is new, he thought. Mez thought that Paradox appeared to be winning. Then the world flickered. I must have shifted somewhere weird. Maybe somehow I shifted somewhere where I got nocked out or something, He thought.

Guest TheFinalFan

Suddenly, Mez felt icy-coldness flow through his body as red circuitry started to glow on his body.

Itsu materialized in front of him as the whites of his eyes turned black.

"Well, well, well! If it isn't my little sleep agent himself!" Itsu grinned. "Tell me, how is the meeting? Anything interesting happen?"

"me-meeting? What meeting? This duel th-there?" Mez stammered, "I have no cl-clue as to how I got he-here." The virtual world flickered, but Mez didn't know that it was virtual yet. He said to almost himself, "It may be virtual, but then, how did I end up here. Did I flicker into some virtual reality zone." He remembered Itsu and his face went pale again. "Wh-What do you want from me? Arn't you in Paradox's group?" He gained some confedance. "If this place didn't seem like it would colapse I would challenge you. But since it is, how about we try to enjoy the duel down there." Mez laughed.

Guest TheFinalFan

"Oh, stop your babbling. You know, at least, you SHOULD know, that I managed to abduct you, inject some of my nannies into your system, effectively turning you into my lovely little slave, and placed you back into your own reality to have the same thing that Paradox has done to countless duelists happen to you."

Itsu pulled a card out of a bulge on her left arm, and held it up to Mez.

It was Cell Dragon, but it had a red and black color scheme instead of its normal pallet.

"Good thing your entire body, with the exception of your head, is under my complete control. You can't lift a finger without me allowing you to. Fortunately, I will unlock you and restore you to a more normal appearance, but I will be forced to rewrite your memories first."

Itsu placed the Cell Dragon card back into her deck, and placed a hand on Mez's forehead.

"When you wake up, you will be back at the Starbucks you were just at, with no memory of what has occured here."

"And, of course, no idea that I can see everything you see through your eyes at any time I wish..."

Itsu forced Mez's eyes closed, and the circuitry faded as she opened up a portal back to the real world.

Zane laughed as Bakura offered his description of Paradox.

"If what you say is true, then that's a fairly empty threat. If he can do as you say, what's to stop him from going back in time and making it so you never exist?" Zane asked, though he shrugged a moment later, "Still, empty threat or not, I agree with you. If he does double cross us, destroying him does sound like a plan, impossible or not."

Zane gave out a laugh at the absurdity of his own comment before taking a seat on an old crate of some kind. Taking out his deck, he began to look through the cards he had...'collected' from various opponents, thinking about which ones may or may not be suited for his deck.

Mez found himself at Starbucks. He blinked and wondered why he couldn't remember. The last thing he remembered was that he may have been in a virtual world, saw paradox. It flickered and then something else he couldn't remember. He thought it may have had something to do with Cell Dragon except a eviler version. Why can't I remember! he thought. Mez despirately wanted his memories back. He also wanted a way to stop this from happening again. He just stood there was a time. He stepped. Shift.

Guest Tainted Black

Black sighed and looked up from his book. "Yes, Paradox can go back in time and kill a demon before it existed. Nevermind it existed in an alternate dimension before any of us. I know history, so don't argue the point of who Bakura is with me." He let that cheshire grin out again. Then, he looked down at his book and continued his reading. He knew Zane would retaliate, but he could not care less. His book ,and his plan were all that mattered.

((Just FYI, whenever a character mentions "nannies", unless they mean someone that looks after children, they mean "nanobots" or "nanites", because the term "nannies" is slang for those two words in the "Return of" dimension.))

Meanwhile, a few months after Domino City was consumed in darkness by Nightshroud, Seto Kaiba was (is? will be?) working late on a dark, stormy night.

I realize that Mokuba is now in Duel Academy, which gives me much less time having to worry about him, but I feel like there's something missing... Kaiba wondered as he did some tweaking on the on-board software for "Project D-Wheel".

Just then, a security alarm went off near the entrance of the KaibaCorp building. Kaiba investigated, only to have the alarm turn off before he got there. He was heading back to his laptop, when another alarm went off, and before he could check it, it stopped.

But a third alarm went off in the elevator, but stopped, and Kaiba checked the elevator camera, which showed no one there.

It's just the lack of sleep. Kaiba reasoned. Ten years ago, I swore to myself that I would never get involved in anything else that had to do with magic. There aren;t such things as ghosts. The security system has needed an overhaul for a month now, and I keep telling the board that we need to keep our systems safe! It's just a bug in the system!

"You're partially right." A feminine voice purred behind Kaiba. "It is just a bug in the system. But that bug...is ME!"

Kaiba spun around to see...no one there.

"Where are you?!?" He cried out.

"Right here." The voice whispered in his ear, and Kaiba turned to see nothing but his office.

"SHOW YOURSELF!!!"

Guest TheFinalFan

"I'm right here."

Itsu spun Kaiba's chair around to face the CEO, and Kaiba was in shock at seeing the eerie sight of her.

"I'm Itsu Solace, from the year 2043, and I'm here to make you a business proposition."

She then held up three copies of Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

"That is, if you can beat me first!"

A hand slamming down on a console. Sigma was within her own private sanctuary in the sky, and she was watching Zarkus' duel. 'Damnit, why does that boy always get into trouble? None of my codes can work here, there is nothing to do but sit and watch' she bemoaned, tapping her console. Tap, tap, tap. 'Screw this' she said and vanished, appearing in the same room. 'Somehow arena side seats are always better' she remarked loudly.

Guest TheFinalFan

"Simple. I travel to alternate realities. There are at least 3 copies of Blue-Eyes White Dragon in each reality, so I simply took 3 alternate-reality versions of the spare Blue-Eyes White Dragon card."

Itsu placed the cards back into her deck.

"Now, will you take me up on my little business venture?"

"Certainly..." Kaiba replied, sounding slightly cocky as he did so, "...but I'm guessing that bulge on your arm is your Duel Disk?"

He tried to make small talk as he prepared his deck against this unknown foe.

There's no telling what kind of cards she'll be using. I had better prepare for anything!

Archived