"God did not create the universe" - Stephen Hawking

Catterjune

Guest PikaPerson01

I'm Catholic, so I believe that Jesus created the world in 7 days......

Not to be rude, but you must be a pretty terrible Catholic if you really do think that. (It was God, not Jesus, who created the world. And He did so in six days, not seven.)

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then don't ever express your beliefs as true if you can't even attempt to run a current of logic through it.

And don't mind if people call you delusional, since someone once called me delusional when I said that my teacher was a fluffy lesbian unicorn that had a blue horn and seven green arms, and wore a pumpkin costume. I didn't have much logic to back it up, but I just believed it.

Well, ya don't have to be a dick about it. Just say you disagree and move on. I don't see why people get so worked up over this stuff.

The cross.

Nevermind, I checked. Apparently the Bible doesn't have a problem with or even mention it. :huh:

Correct. However, in the depths of the Old Testament, a certain fellow married his brother's wife after his brother died, according to the custom of the time or something. He, um...wasted his seed upon the ground when he had relations with his new wife. Don't even recall the reason. God sniped him with a rocket launcher.

EDIT: I am pretty sure the Bible doesn't mention at one time God adds the soul, or where it says cloning is bad. Anybody know where that is?

Correct. However, in the depths of the Old Testament, a certain fellow married his brother's wife after his brother died, according to the custom of the time or something. He, um...wasted his seed upon the ground when he had relations with his new wife. Don't even recall the reason. God sniped him with a rocket launcher.

WRONG. He purposely didn't get her pregnant because the baby would have gotten teh money. It was his greed that got him sniped.

Anyway, you guys are all being kind of hostile about this. If you get this way around religion, does the word "Unicorn" offend you as well? Since, you know, it doesn't exist?

WRONG. He purposely didn't get her pregnant because the baby would have gotten teh money. It was his greed that got him sniped.

Anyway, you guys are all being kind of hostile about this. If you get this way around religion, does the word "Unicorn" offend you as well? Since, you know, it doesn't exist?

When people start proselytizing unicornism, then it'll offend me.

I speak for most atheists when I say that the fact that people are religious doesn't bother us.

But when you start claiming your stuff is true, you are getting in the way of legitimate science.

When you start forcing people to convert, you are violating human rights and acting like a complete retard.

And when you start interfering with other's lives, you are outside of your boundary.

If you want to be religious, never claim your beliefs are true to another person, and never force them upon anyone or anything else.

And then we won't have a problem. ^_____^

I speak for most atheists when I say that the fact that people are religious doesn't bother us.

But when you start claiming your stuff is true, you are getting in the way of legitimate science.

When you start forcing people to convert, you are violating human rights and acting like a complete retard.

And when you start interfering with other's lives, you are outside of your boundary.

If you want to be religious, never claim your beliefs are true to another person, and never force them upon anyone or anything else.

And then we won't have a problem. ^_____^

The only religion I knonw that forces people to convert are those Watchtower dudes. Jehovah's witness or somethin'? And anyone that proclaims the Bible to be anything more than a belief is a hypocrite. Because no man who is of Christian faith can proclaim to have seen Christ without having died. So that's irrelevant. Oh, and get your panties out of your ass. When YOU decide YOU want to convert, people can't force that upon you. They can't tie you down to a bed and threaten your life and force you to convert. That's against the law. So where were we?

Look if you have seen family guy you would no what really happened.

God, lit his fart on fire and that created the universe, but god was arm wrestling his friend before that so there must be life before our life. ;)

Despite my beliefs, that s*** was hilarious. Some of the ways they portray God in general, or the religion, is just so stupid it's funny.

The only religion I knonw that forces people to convert are those Watchtower dudes. Jehovah's witness or somethin'? And anyone that proclaims the Bible to be anything more than a belief is a hypocrite. Because no man who is of Christian faith can proclaim to have seen Christ without having died. So that's irrelevant. Oh, and get your panties out of your ass. When YOU decide YOU want to convert, people can't force that upon you. They can't tie you down to a bed and threaten your life and force you to convert. That's against the law. So where were we?

You are horribly ignorant if you think that Christian and Muslim extremists do not attempt to force others to convert.

And half of the Christians I know proclaim the Bible to be the only truth, or one of the only truths, or something.

No, people can force it on you. In fact, if you even knew a thing about history, you'd realize that the Spanish conquestors said "convert or die". In Spanish, of course.

I hate all of those unicorn-believers who deny me the right to marry who I want because the unicorns don't like it, and who refuse to take care of the environment because they think the unicorns will do it for them, and who spread distrust against valid science that could otherwise save lives, and who paint everyone who doesn't worship a unicorn as an entity of pure evil who knows unicorns exists but whose sole purpose is to trick people away from believing in unicorns.

Fortunately, I'm absolutely certain that my religion is the real one, and I'm sure no members of other religions have anything resembling my certainty. I'm sure all of them (and atheists and agnostics too) really know I'm right and are just in denial and hate God.

But since you don't believe it at all, why does it bother you? :blink:

Because they lambast and try to limit what I can do because it goes against their grand unicorn's will. And don't get me started on how they try teaching the Intelligent Stables in school.

I hate all of those unicorn-believers who deny me the right to marry who I want because the unicorns don't like it, and who refuse to take care of the environment because they think the unicorns will do it for them, and who spread distrust against valid science that could otherwise save lives, and who paint everyone who doesn't worship a unicorn as an entity of pure evil who knows unicorns exists but whose sole purpose is to trick people away from believing in unicorns.

Fortunately, I'm absolutely certain that my religion is the real one, and I'm sure no members of other religions have anything resembling my certainty. I'm sure all of them (and atheists and agnostics too) really know I'm right and are just in denial and hate God.

Shadow Donkey worshipper detected.

You are horribly ignorant if you think that Christian and Muslim extremists do not attempt to force others to convert.

And half of the Christians I know proclaim the Bible to be the only truth, or one of the only truths, or something.

No, people can force it on you. In fact, if you even knew a thing about history, you'd realize that the Spanish conquestors said "convert or die". In Spanish, of course.

There's a difference between being an extremist and being religious. Like sanity and insanity. Of course, to those who are atheist or agnostic, it's insanity either way. But you know what I mean. And those Christians you know are ignorant.

Oh, and lolCrab.

There is a difference between extremist and religious, of course. But these people who I denote extremist, them being the people who force beliefs unto others and claim their beliefs to be sole truths, society views them as simply religious. Not crazy, not delusional, not stupid. Just normal.

How do you explain society considering religious extremists normal?

Or are you saying that people claiming their illogical beliefs to be true and forcing their beliefs unto others (including their children who do not yet know of fredom of religion) is perfectly fine and not extremism at all?

I'm saying that what society views as normal and what I view as extremist is the same thing. Not what society views as extremist; to me, those people are just morons.

Archived