Yu-Gi-Oh: Star Duel Academy Year 1: The Beginning [PG -16] [ Accepting via OOC][Started][Co-Hosted by TotalObelisk and ty9239]

::Triumph::

OOC: abe, one more short post and your out of here man! Plz edit it! and [b][size="5"]NO OOC ONLY POSTS EITHER! Read the RP Forum RULES PPL![/size][/b]

Hayden decided to look around the academy for himself. Hayden grabbed his duel disk and locked the dorm. He had his deck and was ready to go. He ran past the Ra Gold dorms and it was a shining golden building with torches on the lawn and a huge statue of The Winged Dragon Of Ra with small torches around it. "Wow...amazing!" Hayden then walked by the Relinqushed Navy dorms and they were a metallic Navy color with a huge statue of Relinqushed on both sides of the lawn. "That is pretty sweet" Hayden walked around some more and he saw the academy for itself. It was huge, the biggest facility he had ever seen. "I wonder if any duelists are walking about right now."

Hayden thought he was the only one walking the island when he noticed something shining in the bushes. "What the?" He walked over and picked up a card. "Hey! This is a sweet card! I wonder who it is?" He put it in his extra deck and went off to find the owner of the card.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OOC: Seeing as you're walking around the dorm Akuma's in, is it okay if she challenges you to a duel? If not, then I'll edit the post.

Akuma saw a duelist (Hayden) wandering around near her dorm, holding a card. She couldn't quite make out what card it was, but it wasn't the card she was interested in. She wanted a duel, and he was the only person around at the moment. Silently, she walked up to the duelist and tapped him on the shoulder. 'You there' she said to the duelist, 'do you want to duel? Or are you too scared? I am the strongest duelist in the academy, after all.' With a sinister smile, she got out her duel disk and waited for an answer.

Deryn watched as her spell and trap were taken out, another Icarus Attack wasted. Inside she was cursing herself for not using Pheonix to take out the two monsters with it before the Synchro Summon, but it was too late for that. Cyber Harpie Girl looked up at the huge beast in fear, before vanishing beneath it's huge fist.

[i]What do I have? Nothing in play, and in my hand I have Monster Reborn. With 5 Harpies in the Grave, I can bring Harpie Pheonix back and match him, but unless I get a monster I won't be able to press the advantage. He doesn't have anything though, and there's half a dozen cards in my deck that could get me the win, or at least that thing off the field without it's effect going off, so I just have to draw one.[/i]

She placed her hand onto her deck, her fingers twitching, pulling the top card slightly out of line. "My turn then," she declared, "I draw." [i]Perfect[/i] "First up comes my spell card Monster Reborn, letting me bring back Harpie Dancer, and add another Featherdance to my hand." The dancing figure re-emerged and did her spin. (ATK 1500) "Still, that's not the main event, so get ready. I now release Harpie Dancer to tribute summon Raiza the Storm Monarch!" A gust of wind picked up around her, as she seemed to almost throw her card into the duel disk. A large green figure seemed to rise up, surrounded by whirling air. (ATK 2400)

"And now for his effect. When he's tribute summoned, I can select any card on the field, and send it right to the top of it's owner's deck, and I choose Icicle Yeti Bezerker," she explained, as the whirling winds rushed forwards and pushed the white beast off the field. "Now, with no cards you're open to a direct attack. Raiza, finish this. Attack him directly!" The monarch rushed forwards, fist raised, ready to punch at the boy.

OOC: I thought his name was Daijiro, and Koga was some mentor or something?

Hayden turned around and smirked. "Your cocky aren't ya?" Hayden placed his deck in his duel disk and activated it. "You really think you are the best?
Hayden filled his extra deck accordingly and stepped away from the girl to give them some space. "You should not assume you are the best. It kills your character."
He could recognize that she was a very strong duelist from the aura she was giving off. He would have to step his game up a bit in this duel.
"Well little lady, I am ready, are you?" Hayden got into his dueling stance and smirked.
"Now, lets Duel!" The moon gleamed in the night sky and made the ocean water sparkle with a gleam. "Beautiful...heh!"

OOC: Oops, I knew this would happen. Koga's also my other character on other RPs, and I sometimes get the two mixed up. Btw, Daijiro actually let Deryn win by not activating the effect of his Icicle Yeti Warrior in the Grave, so don't get too cocky ;)

IC: Daijiro smiled as the monarch attacked and obliterated his Life Points. He had purposefully not OTKed Deryn by deciding not to use his Yeti's effect, so he could see whether the girl could come back. Now he knew that this was a duelist just as good as he was, he couldn't wait to duel the other duelists in the Academy. 'Well played' he said, smiling. 'You're a pretty neat duelist, that's for sure. I'll see you around, Deryn.' Koga began to walk away.

Akuma smiled. She was going to enjoy this. 'I am assuming nothing. I am the strongest because... [b][size="1"]I HAVE THE POWER OF THE SHADOWS![/size][/b] Her eyes glowed red as she activated her duel disk and turned to face her opponent. [b][size="1"]I'LL ALLOW YOU TO GO FIRST... ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN[/size][/b]

OOC: Note that although Akuma is corrupted by shadows, this is not a shadow duel and losing will not be fatal.

OOC: I actually had Deryn let the synchro happen because I didn't see that effect and I wanted to have her make the comeback. If I'd seen it I'd probably have had her use Icarus Attack.

Deryn found it odd that the boy was smiling on his defeat, and it nagged at her as she headed back to the cabin to collect her suitcase. Then it stuck her - his tuner had an effect that increased his monster's attack! Had he wanted to, he could have taken out the rest of her life points, so why didn't he? Deryn reasoned that either he had done it for the same reason she had, or else he'd flat forgotten it, which somehow wasn't likely. Inside the cabin, she knocked her head against a wall, annoyed that she hadn't paid mare attention to that before. If she had, she wouldn't have let him bring out his big Yeti in the first place. Even if she'd stopped that, and given him more life points, she could still have finished him. Somewhat satisfied, she took her back and left the boat.

She soon found she would be in the Archfiend Crimson dorm. She thought she remembered someone mentioning it before, but she was fairly sure that didn't actually happen. She found her way to her room to find it unoccupied. Opening the first wardrobe, she found it empty, but not wanting to unpack everything at that moment, she pushed her suitcase in it, and proceeded to hang up the new uniforms which, rather helpfully, had been put on one of the beds for her before laying down for a while and letting herself calm down.

Hayden smirked. "Fine i will draw! I summon my Armored Moon Demon in defense mode!"
Hayden looked through his hand. "Now i activate the spell card, Angelic Lighting! Now my Moon Demon gets an extra 700 attack boost which gives her a grand total of 2050 attack points!" Hayden looked at Akuma and frowned a bit. [i]'There is something about her that is demented, and cold. She dosent seem to be in control of her own soul...'[/i].
Hayden smirked again.
"Well whatever you are, your going to let this girl go free do you understand!" "I will end my turn by playing 2 cards face down."
"It is your go..." Hayden frowned a bit. he could tell that this was going to be a challenge.

[img]http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7867/33295y.jpg[/img][IMG]http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn137/XxXYamiRulzXxX/createcardphp-2.jpg[/IMG]

Wings stood atop a cliff overlooking the docks as the new students began to arrive, a broad grin on his face. He had a perfect view of the docks from here and nobody down there would be able to spot him, not unless they took a telescope and pointed it in his exact direction anyway.
[b]"Looks like an interesting bunch this year,"[/b] he said out loud to nobody in particular [b]"I wonder if they know what they're really in for?"[/b]
He looked behind him, over the rest of the island towards the main school building dominating the landscape and the four dorms dotted about around it.
[b]"Either way, I reckon we'll be in for an interesting time."[/b]
He chuckled to himself and hopped off the cliff, somehow landing from a 20 foot drop as easy as he had just stepped off a box and walked along the path as though nothing had happened. He walked forward calmly, as though he had every right to be there despite sticking out like a sore thumb, looking around at the new arrivals.

Josh decided to try and get some sleep too seeing that his roommate had nodded off. He lased there for about ten minutes but just couldn't seem to nod off. So he got out of his bed, got out his deck, and started doing some dueling drills that he had taught himself. Then he heard loud noises outside and saw it was a duel. He put on his shoes and ran out there.
[color="#800080"]Violet said to Sorenitie "Goodnight." and tried to get some winks, but no good. So she tried to figure out why since she normally fast to go to sleep. Then she saw a duel going on from outside the window and decided to go watch. She threw on her shoes and a jacket and sprinted out of her dorm. When she got there she saw her brother and decided to talk to him, "Ha guess we both have a need to go watch duels before sleep."[/color]
"Yep we are attracted to them like moths to a flame." replied Josh.

Ike wondered around the island. Ojama Red appeared next to him. He looked perplexed and scared. "Whats up?" asked Ike to the duel spirit. [color="#FF0000"]"I feel something...wrong. Something evil..." said Ojama Red.[/color] "Well, lets check it out then..." said Ike. Ojama Red lead him to the mysterious force. Soon, Ike saw Hayden dueling some girl with strange eyes. Red eyes! She looked pretty evil though. It seemed that neither of them noticed him. He hid in a bush and waited. Perhaps this would be intertaining. He was good at hiding...he looked up and saw a girl with giant wings. Ojama Red hid with him to. Perhaps the girl could see duel spirits to like him. Maybe she could see Ojama Red or had her own duel spirit...

Wings paused in his wanderings, his gaze glancing over to an area just out of sight of where he stood.
[b]"Odd,"[/b] he said [b]"Don't think I've ever felt something like this before, not for a while anyway."[/b]
His curiosity piqued and he turned in the direction of the disturbance, making no noise despite the quickness of his steps. It wasn't an immediate concern to him, but if there was something else on this island like him then it would be unwise to let it go unchecked.

He reached his destination, noticing a girl and a boy beginning a duel. He quickly scanned the field from where he was, his eyes falling on the girl. Quickly, he moved out of sight, coming up behind Ike in his hiding place and crouching low behind him silently.
[b]"This looks like an interesting turn of events,"[/b] he whispered to the boy, acting as though he'd been there for quite some time [b]"Friend of yours?"[/b]

"Sorry, but there was a reason for using One for One last turn," Perry replied, hitting a button on his duel disk. "Go, trap card, Wall of Thorns! Now, since you targeted a plant-type monster with an attack, I can destroy both of your monsters." Perry was glad he'd been able to summon the small monster - it was clear to even the most amateur of duelists that he was at a disadvantage and that his opponent would have taken the opening, so it was key he stopped the attacks somehow, and this was the best way he could come up with form the cards in his hand.

OOC: Sorry, I missed your post when I was checking what happened overnight.

Ike was looking at the duel when a guy said something from behind him. "WHAT THE!" screamed Ike, not noticing him. He jumped foward, and both the girl and Hayden noticed him. "Sorry..."hey Hayden...Ill just...be behind this bush..." said Ike, walking back to the bush. "So-Sorry about that, you startled me" whispered Ike. "Yes, these are my friends, well, the boys my roommate, and I guess he is my friend..." said Ike, looking at Hayden. Then he looked at the boy. "And...you must be.....who are you?" asked Ike to the kid. Ojama Red appeared next to him. He looked at the kid with some interest. "So what dorm are you in to?" asked Ike, hoping he didnt sound to nosy.

Wings grinned apologetically at the boy's surprise, although it was clear that he was greatly amused by the reaction. Such priceless expressions where so hard to find these days.
[b]"Sorry about that,"[/b] he said [b]"Bad habit."[/b]
He waited for the boy to recover from the initial shock of Wings appearance before speaking again.
[b]"Me?"[/b] He replied at the boy's question as to who he was [b]"I'm a teacher."[/b] He lied, still with a broad grin on his face.
His gaze briefly went to the Ojama Red floating beside the boy, causing him to raise an eyebrow in interest but said nothing when he looked back at Ike.
[b]"New here then I see,"[/b] he said casually [b]"Tell me, how much do you know about this island?"[/b]

Angel looked at Perry, for a split second, his image changed to that of a teenaged version of Angel, he looked furious...And insane...His image returned to normal and he sighed, "Should've seen that coming...I set a card and end my go...", a facedown appeared infront of Angel...

[i]This is bad, this card is my only defense against him...[/i]

[i][color="#8B0000"]Hey, kid, do you think I should have a go? I could pull us out of this one...[/color][/i]

[i]No, I'm not that desperate...[/i]

"Yeah, im new, and well, I know that the Stardust Platinum dorm is over there and the ship was over there..." said Ike. He pointed to the Stardust Dragon statue. "I have no idea where anything else is..." said Ike, looking around. Ojama Red looked at him. [color="#FF0000"]I think he can see me!" said Ojama Red, looking at him.[/color] "Why assume that?" whispered Ike to Ojama Red. [color="#FF0000"]"He looked right at me!" said Ojama Red to Ike.[/color] "So, how long have you been here proffesor?" asked Ike to the kid. Now that he looked closer, he looked really tall. He didnt see him that easy due to how dark it was. [color="#FF0000"]"Hey teach, can you even see me right now???" asked Ojama Red to the proffesor, wondering deeply.[/color]

[quote name='Being~Of~Creation' timestamp='1283788630' post='4606312']
Hayden smirked. "Fine i will draw! I summon my Armored Moon Demon in defense mode!"
Hayden looked through his hand. "Now i activate the spell card, Angelic Lighting! Now my Moon Demon gets an extra 700 attack boost which gives her a grand total of 2050 attack points!" Hayden looked at Akuma and frowned a bit. [i]'There is something about her that is demented, and cold. She dosent seem to be in control of her own soul...'[/i].
Hayden smirked again.
"Well whatever you are, your going to let this girl go free do you understand!" "I will end my turn by playing 2 cards face down."
"It is your go..." Hayden frowned a bit. he could tell that this was going to be a challenge.

[img]http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7867/33295y.jpg[/img][IMG]http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn137/XxXYamiRulzXxX/createcardphp-2.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

OOC: Is it ok if we make this an 8K LP battle? I've got a bit of time, and the 4K ones are often too short.

Akuma laughed contemptuously. [size="1"][b]'YOU FOOL. YOU CANNOT HONESTLY EXPECT TO DEFEAT ME.'[/b][/size] Drawing, she smiled as she looked at the cards in her hand. [b][size="1"]'I'LL START BY USING MY SPELL CARD ICICLE FORTRESS.'[/size][/b][img]http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/9466/54674.jpg[/img]
[size="1"][b]'NOW BY USING ITS EFFECT I PAY 500 LIFE POINTS TO TREAT YOUR DEMON AS AN ICICLE ZOMBIE. THIS EFFECT DOES NOT TARGET, SO YOUR MONTER'S EFFECT IS USELESS. HOWEVER, MY MONSTERS ARE AS POWERFUL AS EVER! BECAUSE YOUR ONLY MONSTER IS AN ICICLE NOW, I GET TO SPECIAL SUMMON MY ICICLE ZOMBIE DRAGON 2 FROM MY HAND.'[/b][/size]

[img]http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/3462/54674v.jpg[/img]

[size="1"][b]'AND I'LL TRIBUTE MY DRAGON TO SUMMON THE ICICLE ZOMBIE MEH-TEH!'[/b][/size]
[img]http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/9072/54674f.jpg[/img]
[size="1"][b]'THANKS TO MY FORTRESS, MEH-TEH IS PACKING 3000 ATK, MORE THAN ENOUGH TO DESTROY YOUR DEMON. GO, OBLITERATE HIM!'[/b][/size]

[b]"I see,"[/b] Wings replied thoughtfully [b]"Well, I'm sure you'll learn your way around soon enough."[/b]
His gaze briefly glanced over to the duel between Hayden and Akuma before turning back to Ike.
[b]"As for me,"[/b] he continued casually [b]"Well let's see. I've been here for quite some time though I'm not sure exactly how long, two, three years maybe. Time flies."[/b]
He grinned broadly, pulling the hood of his coat a little further over till his eyes where completely obscured, then without looking up he asked simply.
[b]"So tell me,"[/b] he said, still in the same casual tone [b]"How long have you known your little friend there?"[/b]
He looked up again, a singly yellow eye moving over to gaze straight at the Ojama Red, his grin as broad as ever.
[b]"And to answer you're question,"[/b] he said [b]"Yes, I can see you."[/b]

"Well, Ive known him for about...6 years. Ever since the tornado...Anyway, what subject do you teach?" asked Ike, wondering.
[color="#FF0000']Ojama Red looked at him. Something didnt feel right about him. He felt...ghostly. Probably his imagination....[/color]
Ike pulled out a newspaper. He kept it everywhere. He could trust this proffesor. "These are my parents. They died in a tornado 6 years ago. I barely survived. Ive been living with Ojama Red ever since..." said Ike. He handed him the newspaper. Perhaps he could be trusted...He pulled out his othernewspaper that changed his life. "I found out about Star Duel Academy from this newspaper. I used the money I saved up for 6 years to go here. My real name is Ike Flarigan, not Ike Bishop. But dont tell anyone please!" said Ike to the teacher.

Wings listened calmly to the boy's story with interest, pleased that he was prepared to be so open with him to easily. He took the newspaper offered to him and scanned through it, scratching his chin thoughtfully.
[b]"Well, you have my sympathy, for what it's worth now anyway,"[/b] he said, handing the paper back [b]"Oh yes, my name is Wings. I'm sure you'll enjoy you're stay here Ike and don't worry..."[/b] he put a finger to his lips and grinned [b]"You're secrets are safe with me."[/b]

Meanwhile Aiya was still exploring the island, not having found anything of much interest so far. Now that it was growing dark she thought she should get back to the dorm rooms before it became too dark to see. She was about to turn back when something familiar caught her eye and she looked about, noticing the Frost Angel she'd seen Spencer holding before. Sure enough she looked over and saw him standing behind the monster.
[b]"Is he dueling?"[/b] She muttered [b]"Well I guess I'll get to see what his deck's like."[/b]
She shivered briefly, a sudden cold hanging about in the air, however she didn't question it.

Perry was surprised to see the boy's composure seem to slip, indeed he almost seemed psychotic. He knew it would matter, but he didn't know how, so he set it aside for the moment. "My draw," he called, adding another card from his deck to his hand. [i]This will help later,[/i] he mused, before pondering which of his two cards to use.

"This one," he muttered. "I activate the continuous spell The World Tree," he called out, as a large tree appeared to one side of his field, "And to follow that up I'll summon Lord Poison in attack position." A strange root-like creature appeared in front of Perry (ATK 1500). "Now, from my hand I activate Fragrance Storm, letting me destroy spore to draw a new card." He picked up the card and looked at it, a grin appearing on his face, "and if it's a plant-type monster, like this Lonefire Blossom, I can draw one more card. Further, since I just destroyed a plant-type monster my World Tree gets a flower counter." A flower bloomed amidst the leaves of the large tree.

"Now, down to business. Lord Poison, attack him directly." The root-like thing somehow moved in towards the other boy...

Donald had orginized the duel with the store owner for a weeks time so coulnt duel untill then , he meanwhile walked out of the main academy and astarted looking around for some new students to talk to. Donald walked over the field to see 2 boys talking to eachother , he listened to what they where saying for a moment and suddenly butted in by saying "[color="#0000FF"]Hey are you guys new[/color]."He waited for an answer but as they where deep in conversation neither took notice of him so he walked off back to his dorm.

" [color="#FF0000"]No my red eyes[/color] ! " The man screamed as the image of a frozen dragon shattered into small fragments. The mans lifeponts reduced to a mear eight hundred. The duelist had a look of defeat on his face, aswell as bruises and cuts across his body.Both of the man's legs was frozen within solid ice, and his left arm was imbeded within ice aswell. " [color="#FF0000"]Im i..... im sorry serenity i let you down [/color]"

Spencer was breathing heavy, as if he was under some great strain. His left leg was also imbeded within a block of ice, but he had far less cuts on his body than his opponent. " [b]So this is it you are just giving up? are you already broken. But I must say i am impressed that you were able to bring my life points down to sixty-eight hundred, but on the other hand your deck is completely based off luck[/b]." Before Spencer could finish talking he droped to one knee, it was clear that he was also in pain. Spencer began to think to himself { [b]Dam i have been keeping this up for to long, who knew forming a shadow duel would take so much out of me, I have to end this now before i lose myself to the shadows[/b].} Spencer stumbles to his feet. " [b]Well i think its time i finish this, and because your Red eyes black dragon is now gone your wide open for a direct attack[/b]" Spencers eyes glow briight yellow, and a devilish smile appears on his face. " [b]Farewell, now attack my Snow White Goddess, go Dimond Dust[/b]"
[img]http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6642/181552.jpg[/img]
The enchanted monster gracefully flipped onto the battlefield, the monster preformed a quick, but very elegant dance. As the moster danced streams of water flowed around her, the streams of water soon flowed into the palm of her hands forming a frozen orb. The monster looked up towards the opponent, as she extended her arm a vicious blizzard flew from her hands towards the duelist.

As the Blizzard rushed towards joey, he did not fight it he only closed his eye and accepted defeat. " [color="#FF0000"]Yugi[/color] " As soon as the attack started it was over. The entire area was frozen, pilliars of ice was all that remained of the area. A frozen sculpture stood where the duelist once was.

The ice around Spencer leg melted away as soon as he won the duel, the air became warm once more and the dark clouds in the sky faded. The shadow duel was over, two duelist had entered, but one exited it was clear Spencer was victourious. " [b]Dam it hurts[/b]" Spencer held his chest, he was in a great amount of pain. " [b]It looks like i can only hold a shadow duel for about twenty minutes. Oh Well atleast i won, i wared that fool for every lifepoint he lost his body would be frozen in ice, now look at him[/b]" Spencer glanced at his frozen opponent. " [b]Finish it [/b]"

White Snow Goddess looked at the frozen opponent, and extended her hand. Without any hesitation the monster snaped her finger, as soon as she snaped her finger the frozen duelist shattered into dust with no traces left behind. " [b]Looks like im going to have to find a new spot to read[/b]" Spencer says as he walks off.

Aiya watched the duel from where she was, completely unsure of what was going on. Either her eyes where deceiving her or ice was beginning to spread up either player's bodies the more life points they lost.
[b]"I-is that a hologram?"[/b] She asked herself, not noticing the cold anymore.
The duel concluded soon afterwards and the losing duelist just shattered into dust and vanished.
[b]"I...I....What just happened?"[/b] She mouthed.
Her heart skipped a bit as she noticed Spencer moving towards where she was watching from and she suddenly found herself unable to move from where she was. She opened her mouth to say something but found the words dying in her throat.

"Not so fast! Reveal...[color="#8B0000"]Trap Card!![/color]", Angel's appearance changed for a few seconds yet again, only this time, flames surrounded him, the moment this image dissapeared, the face down revealed itself..."Magic Cylinder! With it's ability, I can negate the attack and deal damage to you equal to the attacking monster's attack!", Lord Poison slithered into one of the cylinders, and came out the other one, ready to strike at Perry and deal damage to his Life Points...

Archived