Yu-Gi-Oh: Star Duel Academy Year 1: The Beginning [PG -16] [ Accepting via OOC][Started][Co-Hosted by TotalObelisk and ty9239]

::Triumph::

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deryn chuckled. "You're not one for small talk, are you?" she asked, "but yes, I will duel you." She extracted her deck from her pocket and pushed it into the duel disk, which shuffled them automatically, whilst the disk itself deployed into it's dueling mode. Deryn herself moved away from the railings to give them space to duel. People nearby, sensing a duel was about to begin, backed away to clear a field between her and the boy.

The duel Perry was watching had finished, and he drifted over to another one, to find it was almost over. Some girl with some ice-based monsters had finished off a duelist using X-Sabers, who was still kneeling dejected on the floor. Perry considered going over to try and cheer him up, but didn't know what he could do, so wandered off and decided to have another scout around for a duel.

'Alright, I'll start' said Daijiro, activating his duel disk and drawing five cards. Smiling, he drew another and prepared to duel. 'I'll start by setting a monster, and placing 2 facedowns. The holograms materialised in front of him. 'I end my turn.'
Daijiro anxiously waited to see what sort of cards Deryn would play, excited as ever at the prospect of testing his abilities against a brand new opponent. He'd got some surprises in store for her, that was certain. But what did she have in store for him?

OOC: Time Psyduck, please post

Donald was about to walk into his dorm when at the last second he saw 2 shadows in the distance in a position that looked like they where ready to duel , he started to walk over but as it was quite late he didnt want to take it too hard and so walked very slowly.

After a mixture of walking and running donald arrived at the scene of the 2 students , he arrived just in time to hear the words,

"[color="#FF0000"]DUEL[/color]".

Angel looked around, he wanted to test out his improved deck on a duelist, but Angel couldn't see one searching for a challenge..."Darn, there's gotta be someone who'll duel me...", Angel spotted a boy (Perry) wandering around, He ran up to him and asked him, "Hey! Wanna duel? I want to test out my new deck!"

[i][color="#8B0000"]Hey! You said I could duel with that deck first![/color][/i]

[i]You'd kill the opponent, that's why I crossed my fingers when I said that![/i]

[i][color="#8B0000"]D*MMIT!![/color][/i]

Josh decided that he would go first instead of his partner. He drew his card and looked at his hand. "I play the Maurading Captain in attack mode and then I summon another monster thanks to the effect of Maurading Captain and I choose the Dark Blade! Next I play two facedowns and end my turn."
LP:4000
Monsters:Maurading Captain 1200 Dark Blade 1800
S/T: 2 facedown
OOC:nobody can attack until after everyone has had their first turn right?

Deryn nodded her acknowledgement, and drew a sixth card from her deck. "My turn then," she called. [i]Those face-down cards could be a challenge, but I have a good hand, for the moment at least.[/i] "I'll start off with the field spell Harpie Wasteland," she declared. A slot in the end of her card zones opened, allowing her to set the card into it. The area surrounding the two of them suddenly took on the appearance of barren ground, without even much plant life. "For my next move, I summon Harpie Queen to the field in Attack Position, with a nice 200 point boost from my field spell," she continued, placing a card in the centre of her duel disk. A female figure, clad in blue with white hair, burst onto the field, and somehow developed a whip, apparently from nowhere (ATK 2100). "Now, because I just summoned a Harpie monster, I can destroy one of your spell or trap cards," she explained, "and I'll take out the one on the left." The harpie cracked her whip forwards into the hologram of the face-down card and smashed it apart.

"Well, that's enough of that, time for action. Harpie Queen, attack his face-down monster!" Her whip now gone, the winged woman swooped down at the card showing the position of the monster, talons ready to slash whatever lie beneath apart.

Perry was almost surprised to have someone challenge him. "OK then," he replied, backing away and preparing his deck as his duel disk deployed, "I'll take the first move, and summon Botannical Girl in defence mode!" A female figure with some sort of pitcher-plant on the back of her head, emerged onto the field, crouching over the image of the card. (DEF 1100). "I'll also play a face-down, and end my turn," he added. "My name's Perry, by the way," he added, cursing himself for his lack of etiquette before.

OOC: Btw, destroyed card is sakuretsu armour, just for the record

Daijiro smiled as the Harpie swooped towards the facedown, only for its claws to harmless glance off the thick hide of his creature. 'The monster you've flipped is Icicle Dino Stegar, which has a formidable 2100 DEF, enough to stop your Harpie in its tracks!'
[img]http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/9466/54674.jpg[/img]

Donald had been watching the duel for more than half an hour now and was starting to get bored and very very tired , he decided he should turn in for the night and slowly made his way back to his dorm. When he got back he opened his door and flung himself on his bed thinking about tomorrow.

He woke up the next morning at 7:00am , got ready and had something to eat before going back to his room to look through his deck for the day ahead , he had only brough 30 cards with him and so had to go to the academy card store to buy some more packs to add to his new deck. He put his shoes on and made his way to the main academy.

OoC- There are too many duels going on ATM

'my turn, i summon koa' ki mieru urnight 2000 and i activate the continuous spell core gaurd, if iron core of the koa'ki mieru would be send from the hand to the graveyard by an effect, i can reveal it instead. now i will activate urnight's effect by revealing iron core if the koa'ki mieru in my hand, i can summon one 4 star or lower koa'ki mieru card from my deck, and i choose koa'ki mieru prototype, now urnight attack magna drago!. and now, to keep urnight alivei reveal iron core of the koa' ki mieru instead of sending it to the graveyard with core gaurd your turn'

"Meh, cool monster! Shame I have to destroy it! My move! I draw...", Angel looked at his hand, he picked a card and then announced, "I'm going to summon Gemknight Rumarin, in attack mode!", A yellow knight emerged from the card, electricity sparked in it's hands (ATK: 1600). "Now! Rumarin! Attack Botanical Girl with Sparking Blazer!", The knight's hands charged with electricity, fully charged, he threw a punch at the Botanical Girl! "Oh, my name's Angel! Nice to meet you Perry!"

after finishing his meal Fukuda went searching for Holy, somehove he felt like he wanted to see holly dueling. Fukuda din't find her so he went to his dorm house to change his clhoths and wash him self, after a long journey today he felt dirty. For some reason he felt his dragons calling him, he knew that cards are like living creatures. they'll just be summoned from them. "Fukuda, you need to show to the academy what you are made of." His cards told him or atleast it feld like it. When he had washed him self he looked to dorm clohting that was lying on his bed, "I'll never use those" he think and took his own clothing from suitcase, Black raged jacket that was open from front and had t's sholders not coverted, Bloodred wristband from wrist to elbow long, Black Leather trousers like the jacket it was also ragged but not so badly finaly his favorite Nightblack army boots.

When changed he took his duel disk from table, he putted both of his decks to deck holders inside of his jacket and took of to find Holly. "Why do i feel like i must meet her again" he mubled to himself, after walking for a whie he found her right middle of an duel. "Now let's see what does your game look like." Fukuda Grined.

Donald arrived at the main academy and entered the sliding doors to see loads of students from the academy talking and buying cards , he joined the front of the que and after waiting for 15 minutes he was face to face with the owner of the store.

"[color="#0000FF"]I'll have 4 packets of rock destruction please[/color]". Asked Donald , the store owner handed over the packs and asked for 500DP , "[color="#0000FF"]DP Whats that[/color]". Asked Donald. "[color="#FF8C00"]You must pay me for the packs[/color]", The owner said. "[color="#0000FF"]I dont have any DP[/color]", Replied Donald. "[color="#FF8C00"]Well here's the deal , you duel me and if you win i'll give you the packs for free and if you lose i get the packs back.[/color]"

Donald had only 30 cards in his deck but had to duel the owner to get the new cards.

"[color="#0000FF"]DUEL[/color]"

Deryn watched as her monster bounced off the dinosaur. [i]It's a good job I had wasteland out, otherwise this could have been rather more of a problem, one way or another.[/i] "No matter," she continued, as he monster came back down in front of her, "I'll set one card face-down, and with that I'll end my turn." [i]I expected his defence to be good, the question is, what's his offence like.[/i]

Perry flinched as his monster was smashed apart. [i]There's no need for that card, it was only in case he swarmed,[/i] he told himself, [i]besides...[/i]

"Because Botannical Girl was sent to the graveyard, I can add any plant-type with less than 1000 defence points from by deck to my hand," he explained, taking out his deck and looking through it. "And I think I'll add this one," he added, finding the card from his deck, "Lord Poison." He showed his opponent the card, and then added it to his hand. "Now, I believe it was still your turn."

"Yep! Next I set 2 Cards and end my turn!" Two face down cards appear behind Gemknight Rumarin, [i]This guy uses plants, I wish I knew how to counter them, but plant-types have a range of effects from protection to destruction...[/i], [i][color="#8B0000"]Relax, we'll kick this guy's A** with our Gemknights! He'll loose the moment you summon one of your Fusions![/color][/i], "Your move Perry!", Angel shouted, a cheeky and sly smirk on his face...

Daijiro knew exactly what he had to do. 'I draw! First I'll activate my Mystical Space Typhoon, destroying your facedown. Then I'll tribute my Stegar to summon my Icicle Druid.'
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9466/54674.jpg[/img]
'Because of its effect, I can normal summon again, and I choose to summon my Icicle Beast Blizzard Cat!'
[img]http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5309/54674i.jpg[/img]
'And now I can tune the two to summon one of my signature cards. Blizzards shall rage and the oceans freeze with the power of the mighty Icicle Storm Dragon!'
[img]http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/9466/54674.jpg[/img]
'Attack, show this duelist the true meaning of power!' The dragon flew up high, and dived down towards the Harpie, its mouth filled with frozen flames.

OOC: I'm going to have to go soon, so I might not be able to respond to your next post for an hour or so.

Deryn watched her Icarus Attack be destroyed whilst keeping a straight face, although she was somewhat disappointed. Still, she couldn't leave herself without any defence, and using it would have cost her Harpie Queen. She knew it was likely to be a loss anyway, but she'd rather use it to blunt some big monster's attack than to get rid of cards she wouldn't have a problem with anyway.

As she thought, Harpie Queen fell to his dragon's attack. (LP: 3200) Still, she wasn't worried, she hadn't really used much of her hand, and now it was just waiting for her to make her move next turn. "Go on," she informed the boy.

Perry was concerned. The boy had a smile on his face, and Perry wondered what he could be planning. "My turn," he began, drawing. [i]Now, which route do I go down. That one really needs more monsters on the field, so for now I'll do this.[/i] "I summon Botanical Lion to the field in Attack position," he called, a large lion seemingly formed from plants appearing on his field (ATK 1600). "Now this monster gets a bonus from every plant monster out, including himself, so he gets an extra 300." (ATK 1900) Now, Botanical Lion, attack Gemknight Rumarin." With a roar, the plant-lion leaped towards the knight.

OOC: Sorry, my cat's pic glitched to one of my dragon. I'll fix it later, I've gtg now. Also, I don't have time to make this post 4 lines long, so I'll add a bit from Akuma's perspective when I get back.

[i]Hmm, interesting. She seems unfazed by my attack. I wonder what she's planning...[/i] thought Koga.
'I place 1 facedown and end my turn.'

"Not so fast! Activate Quick Play spell! Double Cyclone!", one of the facedowns flip over to reveal Double Cyclone! "With this card's effect, I can destroy one of your facedowns! But I must also destroy one of mine!", A red cyclone struck Perry's facedown, destroying it, then a yellow cyclone destroyed Angel's facedown. "My facedown was Wild Tornado! And due to it's effects, when it's destroyed while facedown...I can destroy one card on the field!", a grey cyclone smashed itself into Botanical Lion...

A small ship arrives at the docks of Star Duel Academy a young man exits the ship. The man was wearing a pair of black and blue sneakers, black jeans that looked worn out, a black shirt that was covered by a ziped up white hoodie, over the hoodie the man wore a grey bubble vest,and on his right arm stood a duel disk which was black, and dark blue and in the shape of a dragon's wing. The man moved his head around looking left to right scaning the island thoroughly. " [b]What a dump, but it looks like i will be here for a while so i guess i should make the best of it[/b]" The man sighed, and pulled off his hood revealing his blonde hair, and his blue eyes. His face showed no emotion it was if he dident care about Star Duel Academy what so ever.

Once Ike and Hayden's duel concluded, Aiya stood up, stretching her arms for a brief moment before wandering off, lost in thoughts. Ike was a beginner from the looks of things but he played extremely well, so well in fact that Aiya felt slightly ashamed of herself for being nowhere near as good despite having started dueling several years ago.
[i]Well, I guess I can get better while I'm here,[/i] she thought, not paying any attention to where she was going [i]Plus I can find some new people to play against as well, so I guess it isn't all bad.[/i]
She was so lost in thought that she didn't pay attention to where she was going and looked up in time to see a tall blond haired man standing in her path. She stopped quickly before she could bump into him, letting out a small, surprised squeak.
[b]"I-I'm sorry,"[/b] she said quickly [b]"I guess I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."[/b]

right wen Josh drew his hand. "I activate may trap." Dimitry Called and flipped over Level Zero.
[img]http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/3681/277053.jpg[/img]

"I go now. " Sorenitie said as she drew her hand. "I'll summon Zero Snchryon and equiped it with Black Pendant. Then I'll end by playing two face downs." she Said as she played her cards.
[img]http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/9251/277053g.jpg[/img]
hand 2
face downs two
life poits 4000

As everyone was having fun dueling with eachother, there were some others that were just left out. Rosie was wathcing Angels duel but kept silent until it was done. As bad as she wanted to try out her skills on others, she just didn't know if she could get the courage to ask for a duel. So she is reading a book on a corner alone.

meanwhile, above the academy;
Kasier flew in on his own person personal fighter jet. Not even bothering to land his jet, he sets it on atuo pilot to return home as he grabes his things and a parachute and jumped out. Once he landed on solid ground and saw his school, he started to mumble, "Man, why do I have to inhearite my familys fortune anyway?" Giving off a big sigh, he says lastly, "What a pain." and starts his walk to find his dorm.

Archived