Yu-Gi-Oh: Signers of the Stars [Started/Accepting Here/OOC/Co-Hosted by evilfusion]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Um, if you don't mind me asking, who the bloody hell are you?

And yes, custom cards are OK, be nice to see them before hand, but not required. I'm assuming you haven't been here long, because a lot of people have made custom cards for this RP, and have been talking about them.

do u accept characters with custom made cards as long as I post you the link as i am currently working on a et i'd like to use

EDIT: Just read the post be4 so making app can anyone give me a short paragraph on where everyone is and whats going on?

Also i hope the duels are done with duel disks
Username: [color="#000080"]Bluster[/color] Soldier
RP Name: Kai Truth

[spoiler=Bio]
Growing up was average for kai, he lived a normal life in a normal city, Kai went to schoolk and performed all the nessecary actions of any 10 year old his age, however Kai had only 1 passion, "Duel Monsters" kai woulf often go to staimus to watch both riding duels and regular duels involving big name celebrity duellists. Kai's passion for dueling was adopted from his father, his father worked for Kaiba Corp in an upper level of the board occupation, he often left the family for weeks for important Duel Monsters and Kaiba Corp. related work, when kai was at the young age of 5, his father would often take him to dueling areans featuring some of the biggest names in dueling. After seeing Kai's love for the game at such an early age, his father, who himself was quite an experienced duellist, brought him into the world by buying him his own Deck, Kai trained with his father and learned all he could from the deck he was given. His father believed that due to kai's passion he could become a pro duellist should he keep his love for the game.

When kai turned 8 his father gained a big promotiona nd was regularly out of town leaving Kia to teach himself and try to learn from other more about Duel Monsters and other decks. Kai often went to school and dueled other students. Kai would come to win every duel he had, this was no surprise to him as he was now very accustomed to his Deck. One school day a new student had arrived at the school with his own Deck, Kai welcomed the boy and the two had a duel, The boy named Azrus, dueled exceptionally and won against Kai.

This was Kai's first loss, he would lose 1 more time to Azrus thinking that he got lucky. After this Kai was wondering on just how to beat Azrus, his father had always taught him that duelling came from believing in your cards, but would this theory be true? Later that month Kai's father was expected to return, but he didnt, after a few days of unable to get in contact with him the family called the police, no one had seemed to know where he was the company said he never showed up for the business related event.

3 years had passed and Kai didn't duel that whole time, dueling was a bond between him and his father, whenever he dueled he imagined his afther was always watching, proud of him for his skill and improvement. It was only then that when Kai was walking to his father's grave (it was suspected that he had passed on in a Kaiba Corp. Plane crash) Azrus had appeared and began talking to Ka, Kai asked him why he could never beat Azrus, in a serious way Azrus told Kai of how his faithwas more in his fathers expectations rather then the cards themselves, kai believed that only with his father could he win the duels. To live on the memory of his father he decided to continue dueling. After challenging Azrus one more time, Kai had won.

After he turned 15 Kai and Azrus both set out to become respected duellists, as the two travelled leaving everything they had behind them, as they travelled they both become well recommended duellists and were known in various areas they travelled through. After 2 years of travelling they decided to return home where they were to find along the way Kai's father waiting for him with a duel disk in hand. Kai questioned his father several times but learned only 1 thing his father hated duel monsters, his father had secretly planned to get rid of them through various ways of persuasion but to no aveil.

He asked Kai to give up duel monsters for good, kai refused and was then challenged by his father, if kai won then he could continue dueling, but if he lost he would have to give up duel monsters, the 2 dueled and Kai won leaving his father no choice but to persue his goals on his own, Kai hasn't seen his father since. Upon returning to their hometown Azrus was sent to a top fleet Dueling academy for his acheivements, while Kai was promoted to the pro circuit of dueling, it was at this point that he got an invitation. [/spoiler]

Personality: Kai will never back down from a duuel, whenever he plays he always smiles and enjoys the battle no matter what the outcome looks to be. He has a great deal of respect for those who duel for the right reasons. He also loves to encourage people on the right reasons to duel, what to duel for, how to duel etc. He is a big helper and quite confident as he enjoys spending time with friends and people of a positive nature. His also quite intelligent and freely saya what he thinks, although this may seem annoying to some people.
[spoiler= Appearance]
[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/1zmjtyg.jpg[/IMG]

This only with dark brown hair, 2 dark purple strains going down hisface and the white on his clothes is actually purple
[/spoiler]

Faction: Neutral
Deck Type: My Deck is called the "Belief" Union Monsters. The central strategy of this Deck is to Union Equip the monsters and build the Equipped monster's star Level to Special Summon a stronger monster. The main monsters have 2 stars and 500 ATK, they then when equipped add their stars to the equipped monster, i will post a link to the cards when i finish the set.

[spoiler= Belief Set (TO BE COMPLETED)]

Monsters: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/227651-my-comeback-arch-type-the-belief-union-monsters-an-oiginal-set-by-bluster-soldier/

[spoiler= Fusion Monsters (more to be added to llink to cards)]

Celestial Celt the Belief Harvester | LIGHT|8| Warrior/Fusion/Effect|ATK/2800 DEF/2600| This card can be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 level 8 or higher "Belief" monster you control. When this card is Summoned you can remove up to 4 levels from this card, for every 2 levels removed, destroy 1 card on the field. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle you can remove 2 levels from this card to inflict the destroyed monster's ATK as damage to your opponent. Once while this card is on the field, you can remove it from play and Special Summon up to 3 level 2 or lower "Belief" monsters from your Graveyard, the Summoned monsters cannot be used for Union Equipment's this turn and have their effects negated while on the field, the Summoned monsters can all attack directly this turn.

Celestial Celt the Belief Harvester | LIGHT|8| Warrior/Fusion/Effect|ATK/2800 DEF/2600| This card can be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 level 8 or higher "Belief" monster you control. When this card is Summoned you can remove up to 4 levels from this card, for every 2 levels removed, destroy 1 card on the field. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle you can remove 2 levels from this card to inflict the destroyed monster's ATK as damage to your opponent. Once while this card is on the field, you can remove it from play and Special Summon up to 3 level 2 or lower "Belief" monsters from your Graveyard, the Summoned monsters cannot be used for Union Equipment's this turn and have their effects negated while on the field, the Summoned monsters can all attack directly this turn.

Lunar Belief | LIGHT|6|Machine/Fusion/Union| ATK/2500 DEF/1500| This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 level 6 or higher "Belief" monster you control. When this card destroys an opponents monster by batt;le activate one of the following effects: Gain Life ppoints equal to the numbr of "Belief" monsters in your Graveyard x500 or inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK of the destroyed monster. Once per turn during your Main Phase 1, you can Equip this card to 1 "Belief" monster you control OR Unequip the Union Eqyuipment and Special Summon this card. While Equipped to a "Belief" monster, the Equipped card gains 6 levels and can negate an opponent's monster's attack if the attacking monster's level is lower then the equipped card.

Belief Fate Clock|LIGHT|4|Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect| ATK/1000 DEF/1200 | This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 level 4 or higher "Belief" monster you control. While you control another "Belief" monster, this card cannot be selected as an attack target. Once per turn during your Standby Phase you can reduce this card's Level by 1 to activate 1 of the following effects (This card's effect cannot be used when it has only 1 level left):

- Destroy 1 monster on the field
- Special Summon 1 level 2 or lower "Belief" monster from your Graveyard.

Belief Lion Heart|LIGHT|4|Beast-Warrior/Fusion/Union| ATK/1900 DEF/500|This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 level 4 or higher "Belief" monster you control. When this card destroys a monster by battle, by removing 1 level from this card you can inflict the destroyed monster's ATK as damage to your opponent. Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1, you can Equip this card to 1 "Belief" monster you control OR unequip the Union Equipment and Special Summon this card. While Equipped to a "Belief" monster the Equipped monster gains 4 levels and 800 ATK.

Belief Phantom Rider|LIGHT|3|Zombie/Fusion/Union| ATK/1000 DEF/0|This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 level 4 or higher "Belief" monster you control. You can reduce this card's level by 1 to have this card attack your opponent directly, no Spells or Trap Cards can be activate in response to this card's attack. Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1, youc an Equip this card to 1 "Belief" monster you control OR unequip the Union Equipment and Special Summon this card. While Equipped to a "Belief" monster the Equipped monster gains 3 levels.

Belief Pump Ghost|LIGHT|3|Zombie/Fusion/Union|ATK/800 DEF/1000| This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 level 4 or higher "Belief" monster you control. You can 1 level from this card to destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field (you cannot activate this effect if this card has only 1 level). By removing this card from play you can Special Summon monster(s) used for the Summon of this card from your Graveyard. Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1, youc an Equip this card to 1 "Belief" monster you control OR unequip the Union Equipment and Special Summon this card. While Equipped to a "Belief" monster the Equipped monster gains 3 levels.

Belief Spike Bot|LIGHT|4| Machine/Fusion/Union|ATK/1600 DEF/1800| This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 level 4 or higher "Belief" monster you control. By removing 3 levels from this card, you can remove 1 monster your opponent controls from play. Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1, youc an Equip this card to 1 "Belief" monster you control OR unequip the Union Equipment and Special Summon this card. While Equipped to a "Belief" monster the Equipped monster gains 4 levels and can once per turn remove 1 monster from play, the removed card is returned to the owner's hand during their next Standby Phase.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Spells and Traps]

Limits of Belief| Trap Card| When a monster you control is destroyed as a result of battle, you can immediately Special Summon it back to the field with 1 less level.

End of Doubt | Counter Trap Card | When you would take damage from your opponent, you can send 1 “Belief” monster from your Deck to the Graveyard to reduce the damage to 0 and end the Battle Phase.

Beyond Belief | Quick Play Spell | You can Union Equip up to 2 “Belief” monsters from your Graveyard to 1 “Belief” monster you control, You can then Special Summon 1 “Belief” monster from your deck whose level is equal to or less than the level of the equipped monster.

Hope | Spell Card | by removing 2 levels from 1 “Belief” monster you control, you can draw 2 cards.

B for Belief | Spell Card | Quick Play Spell| Add 2 levels to 1 “Belief” monster you control until the End Phase. When this card is sent to the Graveyard add 1 “E for Expectation” from your Deck to your hand.

E for Expectation | Quick Play spell card | look at the top 3 cards of your Deck, if any of the cards is a “Belief” monster, you can Special Summon the monster(s), destroy them during the End Phase of the turn the were summoned and remove them from play. When this card is sent to the Graveyard add 1 “L for Luck” From your Deck to your hand.

L for Luck | Quick Play Spell | When a “Belief” monster you control is selected as an attack target, you can decrease it’s level by 1 to increase the attacked card’s ATK by the Attacking monster’s until the End Phase. When this card is sent to the Graveyard add 1 “I for Intuition” from your Deck to your hand.

I for Intuition |Quick Play Spell| While your opponent controls at least 1 monster, you can add from your Deck to your hand 1 level 2 or lower “Belief” monster. When this card is sent to the Graveyard add 1 “E for Exception” from your Deck to your hand.

E for Exception | Quick Play Spell |You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower “Belief” monster from your Extra Deck ignoring the Summoning conditions. The Summoned monster Is destroyed during your End Phase and cannot be used for a Union Equipment Material while on the field. When this card is sent to the Graveyard you can add 1 “F for Fortune” from your Deck to your hand.

F for Fortune | Quick Play Spell | You can return 1 “Belief” monster you control to your deck to Special Summon 1 level 2 or lower “Belief” monster from your Deck. When This card is sent to the Graveyard add 1 “BELIEF for Incomparable Knowledge” from your Deck to your hand.

BELIEF for Incomparable Knowledge | Quick Play Spell| remove 5 “Belief” monsters from your Graveyard, Special summon 1 level 8 “Belief” monster from your Extra Deck, the Summoned monster cannot be used as a Union Equipment Material and is returned to your extra Deck during your 2nd Standby Phase after this card’s activation. While on the field, whenever the summoned monster would be destroyed by the effect of a card controlled by your opponent, you can instead remove 2 “Belief” monsters from your Graveyard to negate the activation and effect of the card and destroy it.

Belief Barrier | when an opponent declares an attack youc an remove 2 levels from belief monster you control to negate the attack.

Forced Belief | Trap Card| when an opponent summon a monster Special Summon 1 level 2 or lower "belief" monster form your hand,.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Also what is this RP like in terms of people god modding, because normally that's a big problem in Yu-Gi-Oh! Based RP's I want to know if there's any point in going to an RP if everyone God Mods.

I'm not even supposed to be saying this, so... I won't.

I will leave the desicions up to MMSF and evilfusion, as they are hosting the RP, but you really need to read the rules, the OOC and IC threads, and actually pay attention to what people have been saying. Also, try not to use any dialogue or first-person text in an app.

evilfusion, I leave the lecturing to you now.

Ahh damn i forgot to colour the word, i honestly read them then reminded myself half way through and then forgot towards the end, edit coming.

Also it's a bio dude..of an important event in his "bio"...why would I leave nessecary quotes that affect the way he is and what he believes in an RP out of it, yea you probably should leave it to the RP hosts who have a bit more experience...

Also i was asking for a paragraph of summarization so i don't have to read like 30 thread pages....who in their right mind would

Honestly, I'm only trying to help you here. I'm not going to say anything that I shouldn't, so I'm only
going to answer your question:

Pretty much anyone who wants to join an RP has to:
1) Read over the entire first post. Plot, Rules, everything
2) Read through what's already been posted in both the OOC and the IC (if the RP has been started)
3) Make an app that fits with the plot, doesn't have any quotes or first-person text, and actually relates to what the RP is about, going back to the Plot section of the first post.
4) Wait for a host or co-host to either accept or reject the app, then make changes as needed.
5) Make sure that they don't end up asking questions that either have obvious answers, or have been asked before.
6) Make posts that follow all set rules, don't spam or troll, and don't interfere or change the course of the RP in any way, unless given permission by the RP host him/herself.
7) Make sure that they don't try to take control of the RP
8) Make sure that they don't comlplain about every little thing.

Now, I'm not trying to sound rude, but I admit that I am a bit of a "perfectionist" of sorts, so I apoligize if I do sound rude to you. That is not my intention.

i understand your trying to help however no dialogue in a bio (WTF?) I've been in many RP's and not one person hs even mentioned this, now ic an only assume that this is your own personal suggestion and fo the gesture I thank you, however if it is a problem then i will be very worried.

1) Done, but im not readin 30 thread pages of text I have to little time and not enough to pend on here.
2) No one in their right mind would read 30 pages of text, i would if it was merely 5 but 30 is to much of a mission, you can gain a betetr understanding from 2 paragraphs of summarization
3) This quote thing is really starting to annoy me, i knowm its your own personal suggestion and i thankyou for the gesture, however if quotes in a bio (a bio that shapes the rpo character, their beliefs and strengths) is a problem then i wiill be seriously worried.
4) Obvious
5) It sounds like you think this is my first RP or something? *Sigh* Thanks for the advice...
6) Dude...I've been RPing for a while now, I understand what should and should not be in posts
7) Cough, Metagaming, Cough
8) That just depends on how they see the rp, as long as there isn't god modding i'll be happy.

No offence man but with the whole "No quotes in Bio" thing that isn't perfectionist it's a nooby kind of thing :/ not trying to sound rude I'm just surprised as not once in my time hear have i even seen anything like that, and ive been in many rps.

Ok, now I'm a little annoyed. To me, you sound as if this is your first time actually [i]seeing[/i] an RP. I'm not going to get into a long discussion, I'm just going to say that you honestly don't seem like the kind of person who has "experience" in this area. Now, I leave the rest to evilfusion. And if I know him, which I think I do, then you're going to get an earfull.

I understand the request for a summerization of the story so far. What I don't understand is how stubborn you're being. Not once in [i]my[/i] time here have I seen quotes in a bio. And i've been here for quite some time now. I'm not saying that I'm any better than you, I'm just saying that I have a rather extended "knowledge" in this area.

Now, we should just leave it at this. You can keep goig if you want, but I'm going off for the night. If someone gets even the slightest bit annoyed or frustrated, I end a conversation immediately, as not to have things get out of hand. So, good night to you.

That's fine, I'll take what Evilfusion says on board, now by your first line "To me, you sound as if this is your first time actually seeing an RP" Is this because i said you're the first person to ever complain about quotes in a bio?

I don't know at this point what I'd get an earful for, the bio is extensive and recounts moments in which the character's beliefs and strengths were changed and gained, I forgot to dot he personality so i'll edit that in now, It has an innovative Deck style that isn't OP'd (when i show it), btw the personality won't be the whole "I'm cool and calm and don't talk much" like most people do. So atm I don't know (based off the App) what I will get an ear ful for so I'll wait and see.

Wait be specific am I being stubborn because I don't want to waste needed time reading 20 posts x MAX 3 Paragraphs in each post x 30 pages? If you understand why I don't want to read 30 thread pages then how am i being stubborn, you're saying a summarization is fine, so how am i being stubborn by taking an easier path to joining the RP?

What's worse, never seeing quotes in a bio, or assuming quotes should never be in a bio, i for one have seen quotes in bios before and never a perosn complaining about them. And i'd like to know to what degree your knowledge in this area is, "No quotes in Bio" is this an example?

Also gotta compare this from your last post, "To me, you sound as if this is your first time actually seeing an RP" -> "I'm not saying that I'm any better than you" ??? So if this is my first RP is this your to?

That's a good idea, I think the frustration may be on your side more then mine, because i'm more confused then anything, night to you to.

@Merciful: I'm going to go right ahead and say Yeee...NO. Wiraqocha's anime effect is "Turn your opponent's LP to 1, skip your battle phase". It's broken even by anime standards.

The arguing wasn't necessary, but thanks for attempting to help, LRZ.

Okay...the app. Hmmm...

I'm not sure why you put a story [b]scene[/b] in the bio. What's in there could easily have been summed up in a few sentences, rather than drawn out in such a way. Even so much as saying: "On his way home from a regional tournament, a strange man gave him a new deck, told him -insert philosophy-, and he's used those cards ever since, doing what his previous deck couldn't and winning" would have been less out of place than a full scene in story format. I also must ask: If your character has never won a duel, how did he get invited to a regional tournament? I'd expect, especially in the Yu-gi-oh world, where frequent losers are considered second-rate people, that a person who can't win at all would not be accepted to tournaments.

The rest of the bio is impossible based on the premise of the RP, where this is taking place over 1000 years after 5Ds, which in itself is years after GX. Your character cannot possibly have encountered Jaden and still be alive in the RP as is.

You left the personality section blank, meaning the app is incomplete, in addition to the bio problems.

I'll provide a summary when and if you get accepted. But at this time, you are [b]not accepted[/b].

Godmodding is not a problem, as I am quite vigilant in that regard and call people out on OPed effects or dueling errors. Instant win conditions are not allowed. No one is running something overly cheap, like Infernity OTK, Lightsworn w/JD, X-Sabers, or Blackwing swarm (there is a Blackwing user, but there have not been problems in terms of metagaming). Custom cards, excluding custom Earthbound Immortals/Dark Synchros for the Dark Signer characters, do not usually have to be checked with us, but we will call you out on them if they appear OPed in the RP, and will require nerfing in that event.

Good. Lily's considered the leader (I totally have dibs for being the first to sign up as a D-Signer). Uru should be the best. Lol.

How do you balance Wiraqocha's disturbingly broken anime effect with its disturbingly pathetic RL effect?

I'll think about ways. The reduce LP is too strong...but its method of gaining ATK is so conditional...mabe a better way to gain ATK? Hmm...

I actually really like that idea, LRZ. But Wiraqocha shouldn't be allowed to attack that turn, if not skipping the entire Battle Phase. And I wonder...should they be allowed to turn an opponent's LP to 0 with that effect?

Sample card lore:

100/100, DARK, Winged Beast, 10 stars.
Effect: "Earthbound Immortal text". Once per turn, you can reduce your opponent's LP by 800 and increase this card's ATK by 800. "Earthbound Immortal Wiraqocha Rasca" cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. You cannot reduce your opponent's LP to 0 using this effect.

Pros/Cons:

-You cannot 0 your opponent's LP.
-You cannot attack with Rasca that turn.
-This is not damage.

Thoughts?

Archived