Yu-Gi-Oh: Signers of the Stars [Started/Accepting Here/OOC/Co-Hosted by evilfusion]

That actually sounds like a really good effect. Since Rasca is pathetically weak on his own, this makes him more powerful each turn, though you have to skip the battle phase, but it still retains its LP lowering effect, as well as the ATK boosting effect.

Also, you can Special Summon Rasca using the effect of Mystic Tomato, because EBI's can be Special Summoned.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, this version only prevents itself from attacking, since you're not turning your opponent's LP to 1 or something crazy OTK-ish. It essentially makes Wira deal 800 damage a turn (but it is NOT damage), in exchange for not doing damage. Is skipping the Battle Phase better or not necessary?

And yeah, Wira's RL effect needing it to be Normal Summoned made it horrible, even with the Swallow's Nest -> Piscu combo.

Heh. I don't think that it would require the ENTIRE battle phase to be skipped, just his own attack. Considering you probably wouldn't attack with him anyways...

Also, a few things to note:
1) During a Riding Duel, this effect would give you an upgraded effect of Speed World 2's damage effect
2) In this RP, is it alright if, when faced with an EBI, the opposing duelist attacks directly, like in the anime? That would make for a bit less broken effects, and wouldn't royally screw over anyone too badly. Of course, there's always Book of Moon.

That's another thing. If the EBI isn't face-up, then you CAN select it as am attack target.

That is correct. An EBI can't be attacked only if it's faceup. If it's facedown, it isn't flipped until Damage Calc, at which point it's too late to "not attack".

I agree. Direct attacks are allowed against a player that only controls an EBI. RL is lucky in that we can't do that. But EBIs do not have the "immune to opponent effects" that the anime gave them.

Uh...King Mew...censor the big curses with asteriks. That one's...not allowed.

[quote name='Bluster Soldier' timestamp='1288765608' post='4758647']
Username: [color="#000080"]Bluster[/color] Soldier
RP Name: Kai Truth
[spoiler=Bio]
Growing up Kai loved Duel Monsters, whenever he got a new pack he would however only search for the strongest cards, at age 10 he had not one a single duel. Kai was upset by this, he wasn't any good at the thing he loved doing, where did he need to improve? It was one night when he was walking home from a dueling arena after losing in a regional tournament that a man with blonde hair strains and long standing up black hair with red outlining accidently nudged him over. Kai was already upset by his loss so this pushed him over the edge. "Hey what did yo-" Kai then stopped as he noticed the tall man holding his Deck and was looking through it. The man simply smiled and gave Kai his cards back. Kai questioned the moment for a few more seconds as the man walked away. Kai looked closer at the walking away man and though to himself, "No way..he can't be-" He was then cut off by a big boy with 2 friends wielding a duel disk and with a chubby smirk on his face.

"This is the loser I beat before, watch me beat him again!" Kai was never one to back down from a duel, especially in this instance for some reason he had the sudden urge to duel, as Kai put the Deck in the duel disk, he started to hear things in his head, however he excused them as hs consiounse. As Kai drew his first 5 cards he was shocked, they weren't his 1900 ATK Normal Monster Cards, they were level 2 monsters with 500ATK each Effect Monsters. Kai then looked back at the man who was walking away, but he was gone. "Belief monsters?" Kai thought to himself as he looked at the cards in his hand, he suddenly remembered the incidence withthe man just a few moments ago, while Kai was on the ground, the man was talking.

"You only search for power, which leads you to believing that power is what cards need, Believe in your cards for what they are, not what they can offer you."

Kai then returned to the duel with a smile, "Believing in my cards for what they are." Kai won the duel within 3 turns, his first win.

Kai left his family at age 15 and travelled the world to find duellists to challenge and to search for the man he expected to be Yugi Moto. 2 years after travelling he had learned much from dueling very interesting characters, he learnt the true strength of his Deck and was prepared to return to his hometown, upon arriving back an invitation awaited him, he returned back when he was 18. Kai now travells to the tournament with a strong belief in his cards
[/spoiler]

Personality: Kai will never back down from a duel, whenever he plays he always smiles and enjoys the battle no matter what the outcome looks to be. He has a great deal of respect for those who duel for the right reasons. He also loves to encourage people on the right reasons to duel, what to duel for, how to duel etc. He is a big helper and quite confident as he enjoys spending time with friends and people of a positive nature. His also quite intelligent and freely saya what he thinks, although this may seem annoying to some people.
[spoiler= Appearance]
[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/1zmjtyg.jpg[/IMG]

This only with dark brown hair, 2 dark purple strains going down hisface and the white on his clothes is actually purple
[/spoiler]

Faction: Neutral
Deck Type: My Deck is called the "Belief" Union Monsters. The central strategy of this Deck is to Union Equip the monsters and build the Equipped monster's star Level to Special Summon a stronger monster. The main monsters have 2 stars and 500 ATK, they then when equipped add their stars to the equipped monster, i will post a link to the cards when i finish the set.
[/quote]

I still don't quite understand why you have a story scene in your bio, complete with dialogue. Bio, short for biography, is supposed to be a historical summary of a character's life, with emphasis on important events. If you were to say your character had an argument with his mother and ran away from home, you'd say the character got into an argument with his mother and ran away from home, you wouldn't write out the argument itself. So if he got a new deck from some random guy and started winning from then on, you'd say something to the effect of "he got a new deck from some random guy, and started winning from then on" (which in itself is not the greatest character background). You seem peculiarly adamant about maintaining that aspect, when it's superfluous to the bio. I want a bare bones explanation of his character history and why he is the way he is, but this scene in the bio only explains his deck, and I don't understand why it required a whole episode devoted to it. It doesn't even adequately explain his change in character, from someone who can't win but believes only in powerful cards, to his present personality, which can be summed as "Jaden, but less of a spaz".

The bio is really the only thing that bugs me. It seems to be going against the grain of the purpose of a bio to spite those who said it's not a good idea to have a story episode in the bio.

wow...enough said? You are the first person to ever complain about this, and actually it does show the development of his character if you read it properly, 1) the character first only liked High ATK monsters, 2) this event happened and he learns to believe in lower ATK monsters, 3) he gains knowledge that to win a duel you have to believe in the card for what it is not what it has. And from there on his gained a new perception fo dueling that is expressed in the RP + he now tries to encourage others to do the same, based off that story scene his whole persona/strengths as a duelist and motivation for dueling were developed. Honestly though does it really matter? U know what i mean by the story scene, what is the difference if i change the story like setting to a reccounting narration? Is it a Must for me to change it or not?

From that one scene his views, perception, meaning and way of dueling was changed, so you might say that "got a new deck from some random guy" but if u look deeper into it, you see that the deck symbolises his change in all aspects of his dueling.

if you want me to change it i will but plz ony request it of me if it is a must if you like i can add more to show how he developed his stances on the world?

[quote name='Bluster Soldier' timestamp='1288827681' post='4759971']
wow...enough said? You are the first person to ever complain about this

[b]I mentioned the strangeness of it in my first comment. You made no changes to it, so I can only assume it was deliberately left that way. LRZ also noted it. You're the first person I've ever seen do it.[/b]

and actually it does show the development of his character if you read it properly,

[b]I will be more than happy to walk through it, step by step, and make snarky comments about every nonsensical aspect, to illustrate how properly I have read it.[/b]

[spoiler=case in point]
Growing up Kai loved Duel Monsters, whenever he got a new pack he would however only search for the strongest cards, at age 10 he had not won a single duel.

[b]Why is this kid so bad at the game, if even the weakest of noobs beat his powerful cards?[/b]

Kai was upset by this, he wasn't any good at the thing he loved doing, where did he need to improve?

[b]Why does he like a game he is so abysmal at?[/b]

It was one night when he was walking home from a dueling arena after losing in a regional tournament that a man with blonde hair strains and long standing up black hair with red outlining accidently nudged him over. Kai was already upset by his loss so this pushed him over the edge. "Hey what did yo-" Kai then stopped as he noticed the tall man holding his Deck and was looking through it.

[b]"Tee hee, I just stole your deck. I'm an expert pickpocket. My only mistake is not running the moment I got your stuff."[/b]

The man simply smiled and gave Kai his cards back. Kai questioned the moment for a few more seconds as the man walked away. Kai looked closer at the walking away man and though to himself, "No way..he can't be-"

[b]This part just makes no sense. Who is the guy?[/b]

He was then cut off by a big boy with 2 friends wielding a duel disk and with a chubby smirk on his face.

[b]...chubby smirk?[/b]

"This is the loser I beat before, watch me beat him again!" Kai was never one to back down from a duel, especially in this instance for some reason he had the sudden urge to duel, as Kai put the Deck in the duel disk, he started to hear things in his head, however he excused them as hs consiounse.

[b]Arrogant duelist challenges guy. Guy accepts because although he always loses, he has an insatiable desire to be humiliated repeatedly. And now he hears voices?[/b]

As Kai drew his first 5 cards he was shocked, they weren't his 1900 ATK Normal Monster Cards, they were level 2 monsters with 500ATK each Effect Monsters. Kai then looked back at the man who was walking away, but he was gone. "Belief monsters?" Kai thought to himself as he looked at the cards in his hand, he suddenly remembered the incidence withthe man just a few moments ago, while Kai was on the ground, the man was talking.

[b]"I'm now going to pocket your awesome cards and give you weakling monsters and babble something philosophical so you won't complain"[/b]

"You only search for power, which leads you to believing that power is what cards need, Believe in your cards for what they are, not what they can offer you."

[b]"Yeah, like that."[/b]

Kai then returned to the duel with a smile, "Believing in my cards for what they are." Kai won the duel within 3 turns, his first win.

[b]Kai just got his cards stolen and switched for weak cards he knows nothing about. He is happy about this, despite his love of powerful cards, and wins easily.[/b]

Kai left his family at age 15 and travelled the world to find duellists to challenge and to search for the man he expected to be Yugi Moto. 2 years after travelling he had learned much from dueling very interesting characters, he learnt the true strength of his Deck and was prepared to return to his hometown, upon arriving back an invitation awaited him, he returned back when he was 18. Kai now travells to the tournament with a strong belief in his cards

[b]This part makes the most sense of the entire bio. Interestingly, it's the only part of the bio that's actually like a normal bio.[/b]
[/spoiler]

1) the character first only liked High ATK monsters

[b]Makes sense. How he never won with them is a weirder matter.[/b]

2) this event happened and he learns to believe in lower ATK monsters,

[b]How? He got a deck of cards he'd never seen before and won in three turns. With a deck he just got. Out of nowhere.[/b]

3) he gains knowledge that to win a duel you have to believe in the card for what it is not what it has. And from there on his gained a new perception fo dueling that is expressed in the RP + he now tries to encourage others to do the same, based off that story scene his whole persona/strengths as a duelist and motivation for dueling were developed.

[b]He was told this philosophy by the guy who evidently jacked his cards and swapped them with another deck. I've never heard of anyone who had that big of a change of personality from one experience.[/b]

Honestly though does it really matter? U know what i mean by the story scene, what is the difference if i change the story like setting to a reccounting narration? Is it a Must for me to change it or not?

[b]It's out of place in a bio section.[/b]

From that one scene his views, perception, meaning and way of dueling was changed, so you might say that "got a new deck from some random guy" but if u look deeper into it, you see that the deck symbolises his change in all aspects of his dueling.

[b]On a similar, but much better idea, you shouldn't make such drastic character changes be purely symbolic.[/b]

if you want me to change it i will but plz ony request it of me if it is a must if you like i can add more to show how he developed his stances on the world?
[/quote]

How about a more realistic example of someone redoing their entire dueling philosophy? If I got a random deck of cards I've never seen before, completely contrary to my usual style, but I managed to win, I'm either a genius duelist or disturbingly lucky.

I also noticed that he has yet to change the "he began to search for the guy he thought was yugi moto" part. There's no possible way for that to be possible, as it's been 2110 years since the end of the original Yugioh series.
2000 years from this RP
+100 years from 5ds
+10 years from GX

? Now you just changed your whole concern with my app completely, it's obvious the only thing your upset about is that it has dialogue and by that are saying that the story is crap, fine i'll change it I really don't feel like going through ur comments and replying to them as they really don't seem worth it sorry to say, but i'll edit it anyway.

also legendary your words are going to no aveil as I don't pay attention to them, think to yourself why would he search for someone who is dead and when you figure it out then say ok.

If you're going to tell your bio as a story, make sure the story can hold up to review. My initial reasoning was a story has no place in a bio section, but if one insists on doing so, it will be permitted. My comments did not warrant response, so it's quite all right for you to not do so.

The bio is weak because you tell it as a story, rather than the preferred format of summarized narration. Upon study, the most key aspects of the story, and thus, your bio, is riddled with plot holes that makes your character's backstory...well, weak. Some random guy mysteriously switching his deck to cards he uses with disturbingly fluency, enough to break his LIFELONG losing streak...it doesn't make sense. It triggers questions. Those questions are not answered by the bio. Your response to the criticisms was that I wasn't reading into it enough and it's symbolic.

Archived