Yu-Gi-Oh: Signers of the Stars [Started/Accepting Here/OOC/Co-Hosted by evilfusion]

I do not see a more fleshed out bio or personality, and if they were, it's still not enough.

Could you explain how your charcter, who is not a Signer, not only learned about the Earthbound Immortals, Shadow Duels, and their powers, but managed to modify his Duel Disk so that it could utilize the energy produced to create electric shocks, rather than the intended effect of having your soul absorbed into an Immortal? Even if he was a scientific genius, one would probably need some method to TEST this, and with a curious lack of Shadow Duel and Earthbound Immortals around, I can't fathom how this creation was possible without some form of trial and error. And of course, I imagine this sort of trial and error would be on par with finding volunteers to test whether plastic can repel a point-blank range shotgun blast.

That and it's considered powerplaying to give your character an advantage that sets him above others of his class, and on-par with those above him (the Signers). No other neutrals or mere Signer Allies can avoid being soul-sucked if they lose to an Immortal.

So yeah...remove the "immune to adverse Shadow Duel effects" thing, and give more information regarding the character's backstory, and much more about his personality. It's too vague and generic, without much elaboration on his behaviors that set him apart from "guy who duels, gets mad when angry" sort of thing.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, sorry about that.
I would've taken the Lizard mark, but I saw you mentioned something about replacing the Earthbound Immortals, so I made a custom one, fitting a custom line. Hope you don't mind (too much...) ^^

Oh, and technically, the "snake" line doesn't exist either. Scar-Red Nova takes the form of a Serpent...

Are you sure it's not? I can't find a list anywhere.

Well, I seem to more or less be the accept/deny guy, and while a lot of things don't get past me, my filter isn't perfect. That and I'm drifting into having almost more power than even you, in all ways except the plot, lol.

Replacing EBIs with custom ones was optional.

[quote name='GrandRaine' timestamp='1289096943' post='4767412']
T.T Nobody replys to my messages!
[/quote]

Why is that, do you think?

1- I doubt the RP is really going to be worth stealing the content of.

2- I'm frankly uninterested and unimpressed by images. I'm not a very vivid person when designing characters, so the supplied picture is sort of meh-ish.

3- I personally envision it as like US shuttles, but I dont think it really matters.

[quote name='Obsidan' timestamp='1289125151' post='4768095']
I reserve, but I need to ask a question.
I don't wan to Yillaster, and all the D. Signers and Signers are taken.
So would I have to make a custom mark?
[/quote]

The only remaining roles are neutrals, Signer Allies, or Yliaster non-Emperors.

@evilfusion, I think King Mew means this one:

[quote name='King Mew' timestamp='1288996625' post='4764065']
so did the shuttles leave yet?

New app:
Username: King Mew
RP Name: Rori
Bio: She’s an orphan since she was nine or ten she never really knew her age due to her mother being ill. She only knew that she hated everything about the world and she would never have anything to do with anyone who could hurt her. Her life is like a puzzle to her she has to make things complicated in ways no one can understand. Her father left when she was a small baby so she knows almost nothing about him, but she has only one thing that her mother left her a book with a letter and a picture in it. Now she’s a unhappy girl who feels unloved and hopes that everyone else will suffer like she did her whole life.
Personality: nasty, mean, almost never has a nice thing to say about anyone or anything, and she’s only nice to orphans.
[color="#FF8C00"]Appearance:[/color] [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/549jc4.jpg[/IMG]
Faction: Neutral, Until she duels one of the dark Signers then she’ll be a dark singer guard dog
Deck Type: Spellcaster Are we following any band lists?
[/quote]

Thanks, Zextra.

Hmmm...

So your character has always been a hateful person, although only orphaned the last 9 years of her life? Why is she so hateful or everything? Could I have a bit more of an expanded personality? I got the "hate everything, pessimist" thing, but I don't quite grasp why she has a complete inversion of personality around orphans, considering her primary years of development weren't orphaned. What happened to the dad, we only hear of the mom?

And LRZ is corrct. We will wait for SSD because although I am fast approaching having absolute power in this RP due to his sporadic attendance, my massive ego (lol), and being the guy who decides who is accepted and not for essentially reasons I alone dictate, I still rather have him calling the shots as far as getting plot from point A to point B.

(Lawyer-advised Disclaimer: Is loyal to SSD's rules and plans, despite the jokes implying otherwise)

Archived