Yu-Gi-Oh: Signers of the Stars [Started/Accepting Here/OOC/Co-Hosted by evilfusion]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='King Mew' timestamp='1288833637' post='4760236']
well I thought that swearing once in like every five or six post was alright I mean its the first time ive sworen in this rp but its not like im saying anything on one on this website hasn't hear already and this is the first time I've had a compliant about swearing in one out of ten posts.
[/quote]

Some swears are okay, but that one is off-limits on the forum, or at the very least this RP. It's too severe.

And Bluster, your new app is acceptable. [b]Accepted.[/b] Thank you for your cooperation.

Username: jenofresh
RP Name: Gabriel Umaga
Bio:

Younger Years: Gabriel was born in a low rent area in Battle City, growing up to being raised by his mother as his father had left the family. To get around this shame of being a poor, fatherless child, he'd often get into fights and seriously hurt other children. For this, he was locked in a Psychiatric Ward for most of his younger years. They however, didn't help him but rather, taught him how to duel and to inflict his aggression in duels instead of in life.

Teen Years: His time spent in the Battle City psych Institute was soon up as he registered for Battle City Duel Academy. His aggression and dueling soon grew on him and he became dedicated to dueling and growing powerful by destroying the weak around him. This lead him to be despised but also to quickly rise to become one of the youngest Professional Duelists in the academy's history.

Dueling Circuit: Gabriel quickly become a rising star in the world of dueling and turbo dueling, even though he was hated by the audience for his often aggressive and heartless way of dueling those around him, as well as his occasional psychotic breaks, this left Gabriel in a state where everyone hated him. Everyone, except his mother.

Tragedy: Gabriel was the only person he knew with such vicious tendencies. Lashing out and hurting others and being so relentless. Only one person in the world knew his calm side and knew how to calm him. That person, was his mother. She always loved him, treated him right, and he always found solace in her company. However though, this wouldn't last long as she was murdered in front of him.

Yliaster: Unable to find any solace and overcome with rage, Gabriel went on a rampage, leaving trails of beaten duelists and savagely beaten civilians. He was then confronted however, by a strange individual. He didn't pay attention to what he said and dueled him, only to lose. Momentarily calming down, Gabriel was told about how his situation was tragic and justice had to be done. Gabriel agreed and said that was what he was doing, only to be corrected. He got angry at this but was calmed when he was told the man knew who murdered his mother. At this news, Gabriel stopped, only to hear of a deal. Serve the purpose of him and his colleagues, and the identity of the murderer would be revealed. Gabriel wasted no time in accepting the offer and thus, enlisted himself into Yliaster.

Personality:

Anger: Gabriel is very well known for having a very quick and very explosive temper. These fits of rage are easy to trigger and very difficult to contain. They often are also triggers for psychotic breaks.

Sadist: Gabriel has a lust for inflicting pain. He was taught by his own delusions to relish in the suffering of others. He almost can't live without causing others to suffer.

Psychotic: Gabriel has a very intricate and twisted mind. Gabriel commonly is known for going above and beyond what is needed for any situation and is prone to breaking psychotically into an almost animal-like state.

Vindictive: Gabriel lives to punish those that have wronged him. He is often known to punish those around him by causing one person's extensive suffering, or other means of causing pain. Gabriel is fueled by vengeance and rage.

Brutal: Above all else, Gabriel has no restraint. No conscience of his actions and no desire to stop the suffering of others. Overkill means nothing to him if it gets the job done and his sadistic urges satisfied, he'll do it.

Appearance: [IMG]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h31/JenoFresh/xeru.jpg[/IMG]
Faction: Yliaster
Mark: N/A
Deck Type: Gabriel uses 1 of 2 types of Decks for different types of opponents: Darkskull Deck and Mist Masters Deck

Unfortunately, all Dark Signer roles have been taken, with Zextra's character replacing the Lizard.

I'm going to blame this slight misunderstanding on SSD, who forgot/didn't notice to update the first page. All Signers, Dark Signers, and Yliaster Emperors have been filled, leaving Signer Allies, Neutrals, or non-Emperor wielding Yliaster members.

If you would like to adjust your app to compensate for the role change, you may do so.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1288887937' post='4761085']
Unfortunately, all Dark Signer roles have been taken, with Zextra's character replacing the Lizard.

I'm going to blame this slight misunderstanding on SSD, who forgot/didn't notice to update the first page. All Signers, Dark Signers, and Yliaster Emperors have been filled, leaving Signer Allies, Neutrals, or non-Emperor wielding Yliaster members.

If you would like to adjust your app to compensate for the role change, you may do so.
[/quote]

Edits made lol

[quote name='Ser Warjacksworth' timestamp='1288890403' post='4761178']
I RESERVED THE LIZARD :angry:

wat
[/quote]

Very well, I will try to put this the nicest way possible.

I have verified all the facts I am about to say.

Firstly, you reserved the lizard eight days ago, on October 27. Zextra's character was applied for and accepted on November 1. That means, in four days, you produced nothing, all your posts in the OOC thread have contributed nothing and been borderline spam, and your already accepted character, due to his background and location, has not been seen in the IC thread until very recently.

Your first app took an eternity to be acceptable, and you then reserved a plot-significant character. Despite popular demand to fill the RP slots, your reserve was held unchallenged for FOUR days. Then the slot was taken because someone not only wanted the plot-important slot, but had an acceptable app, not to mention I have far more faith in his ability to RP consistently and successfully. You are, in my book, a hit or miss RPer.

Four days LATER, you notice your reserve was gone. You have, in 8 days, STILL not given an app, and you have still not shown much indication of sticking around in this RP. Why should I hold a reserve for an important character indefinitely based on your whim to reserve it? If you cannot turn in an app for a character you reserve in a timely fashion, and do not give indication you're even working on an app during that time, and your earlier acceptance took forever...I think I was quite inclined to assume you forgot about your reservation, and decided to give the role to someone else.

Considering it had to be explicitly announced the role was gone for you to even notice your reserve was gone, I actually DID think you forgot. Four days you were reserved. For a plot crucial character, I rather have a hit-or-miss potential beginner upset I took him off reserve than lose out on a better RPer filling the slot. Especially after FOUR DAYS.

I will reiterate. You had four days to deliver an app. You did not provide anything, but were definitely active on this forum/site. After four days, I gave the slot to someone who asked for it. Eight days after the reserve, you still dont have anything. Why are you even complaining? Reserves aren't "Claim a role so no one else gets it". Reserves are to hold your place until you have the time to turn in the app, or so an RP with limited slots doesn't exclude you if it fills up quickly. Four days is plenty of time for you to have even made a crappy app to show you're still interested in the role.

tl;dr: Tough. Fill out apps for your reserves faster. Consider it harsh, but fair.

[quote name='jenofresh' timestamp='1288889218' post='4761145']
Edits made lol
[/quote]

Woop, almost forgot about you.

Four decks is too many.

Also, is there any way the backstory and personality play into his allegiance with Yliaster? Does he have a goal or hope that Yliaster, whose goal seems to revolve around rebuilding the world, might be able to satisfy? This isn't a flaw, per se, but based on the backstory and personality, while I realize was initially meant for a D-Signer character, makes his allegiance seem a bit random without explanation.

And yes, Ser. I do. I also have a pet peeve about people complaining about being short-changed when they put the bill on credit.

*blink blink* I'm also in a weird analogy mood. Is it wrong to sig my own quote?

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1288897374' post='4761402']
All right, accepted. More as a casual question, doesn't need to be in the bio/app. Do you have any direct relationship/interaction with any of the three main Yliaster characters, or are you just on the same side, but independant of them?
[/quote]

I was thinking he might have one with the three of them but not one in particular, kinda like their big dog on a leash or caged animal if you will.

Just to point out that Rin has a different idea of 'cheap' than most people. Plus I was kind of going off what everyone before me said. When I post again I'll probably change her assessment though.

This is why it's important to describe something the moment it's introduced - otherwise people will go a different direction with it. I created a whole total of 1 RP (on a different forum) and I soon learnt you have to explain absolutely everything you want, otherwise someone will go in a different direction. I actually thought it odd that you didn't have a character get one first, or have the guy announcing it show one, or something so we'd know what it looked like.

Archived