The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

I agree with that for the most part. I think Zao is probably one of the most emotionally fueled hardcore bands. They've been through some dark times, especially Dan. Converge wins for being more consistent in my opinion though.

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILzuldHrOG0

True, true. But to be fair Zao did go through a lot of lineup changes which pretty much affect their musical direction for almost every album.

And wtf is that? Sounds like a hardcore punk band had sex with a death metal band and that's the product of it. It's awesome. I need moreee!

And here's my song of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrlkKIxynCw

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, true. But to be fair Zao did go through a lot of lineup changes which pretty much affect their musical direction for almost every album.

And wtf is that? Sounds like a hardcore punk band had sex with a death metal band and that's the product of it. It's awesome. I need moreee!

And here's my song of the day.

Dude, Coalesce is one of the greats.

Also...that band you put was weird haha.

Dude, Coalesce is one of the greats.

Also...that band you put was weird haha.

Yeah I know how embarrassing that felt like. I did a little research on the fan and I was very disappointed that I found out about them when they're on hiatus.

Weird you say? I wonder if their name tick you off bout it.

Anyway, more of this weird band because they are that awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuaab8aJIA0&feature=related

Yeah I know how embarrassing that felt like. I did a little research on the fan and I was very disappointed that I found out about them when they're on hiatus.

Weird you say? I wonder if their name tick you off bout it.

Anyway, more of this weird band because they are that awesome.

They're just not really doing anything for me haha.

Cave In rules~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gci1WtXHGvQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vem414Hop0s

Well here's a funny story that I think is worth telling here.

I was looking for some songs by Mayhem on youtube, I mean the one guy who does more upbeat style electronic music and he's signed onto Lapfox. And well to my surprise I found out about a metal band that's just really damn crazy. Wow I am surprised that there is actually a band that carves a real pig's head while performing.

That was definitely not what I was looking for, way to go youtube.

Well here's a funny story that I think is worth telling here.

I was looking for some songs by Mayhem on youtube, I mean the one guy who does more upbeat style electronic music and he's signed onto Lapfox. And well to my surprise I found out about a metal band that's just really damn crazy. Wow I am surprised that there is actually a band that carves a real pig's head while performing.

That was definitely not what I was looking for, way to go youtube.

Mayhem is probably the most infamous metal band out there. Ever heard of a man named Varg Vikerns? He murdered his band mate, burned a bunch of historic churches in Norway then made a bunch of shitty "Black Metal" albums when he was in prison. Pretty interesting story if you read about it.

anyways, check this out, this is a demo of a song me and my buddy wrote. Its been almost a year in the making to get it recorded but it was worth it.

Now we just need to get the funds for drum recording equipment D:

Mayhem is probably the most infamous metal band out there. Ever heard of a man named Varg Vikerns? He murdered his band mate, burned a bunch of historic churches in Norway then made a bunch of shitty "Black Metal" albums when he was in prison. Pretty interesting story if you read about it.

anyways, check this out, this is a demo of a song me and my buddy wrote. Its been almost a year in the making to get it recorded but it was worth it.

http://soundcloud.co...elli/redemption

I would go on about my thoughts on what you just said, but this image right here perfectly sums that up:

GC69d.jpg

As for your recording, I might check it out, but I just dont feel like it right now

http://soundcloud.co...elli/redemption

I believe the singer also committed suicide and a band member took a picture of his corpse and used it as an album cover for a bootleg. I won't post the picture here because it's incredibly graphic.

I've never actually listened to the group, but I'm incredibly picky when it comes to black metal. Satanic themes are a major turn off, and I don't like how poor the production quality usually is; it has to be somewhat outside-the-box. Any recommendations based on that?

I'm checking out your band. I meant to the first time around but I never got to it =/

Oh my god...what am I even reading. I feel like I'm reading Cupcakes all over again. I guess all of that satanic music got to their heads XD

I'm happy I'm not into black metal

Sneaky edit!! I saw your Dream Theater post~~

I don't mind black metal so long as it isn't Satanic or anti-god, it doesn't really sit well with me.

Also, everyone should listen to ISIS because they rule.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYKdVZM8PE

ahhahaha, meh I thought no one would give a crap about it so that's why I edited it out.

And yes Isis do rule

I like Dream Theater, though not as much as I used to. I've kind of grown away from the more...showy(?) prog rock in favor of stuff with more texture and atmosphere. The Mars Volta is an exception. I love Porcupine Tree too, but I don't think I'd put them in the same category as Dream Theater.

I like Dream Theater, though not as much as I used to. I've kind of grown away from the more...showy(?) prog rock in favor of stuff with more texture and atmosphere. The Mars Volta is an exception. I love Porcupine Tree too, but I don't think I'd put them in the same category as Dream Theater.

Meh, I only had found out about Dream Theater through Jordan Rudess their keyboardist, who is a pretty damn good one, he's the only person that I know of who can do Pink floyd's On the Run without and Arpeggiator/any type of sequencing. I was the opposite with them at first I never cared too much for them but it grew onto me, probably only because I wasn't expecting them to be Progressive Metal. You have your opinion and you can explain it well.

Meh, I only had found out about Dream Theater through Jordan Rudess their keyboardist, who is a pretty damn good one, he's the only person that I know of who can do Pink floyd's On the Run without and Arpeggiator/any type of sequencing. I was the opposite with them at first I never cared too much for them but it grew onto me, probably only because I wasn't expecting them to be Progressive Metal. You have your opinion and you can explain it well.

Hmm, you like Rudess? Ever heard of Liquid Tension Experiment? I recommend checking them out :D.

I still enjoy listening to them, they're incredible musicians and have written some great songs.

Speaking of prog metal...and black metal...

These guys are also Christians, hope it's not a turn-off to anyone.

I don't really care if a band is Christian or not, if they can make good music that I find suits my interests then I'll listen to it.

That's cool. A lot of people are surprisingly antsy about that.

"Dood metul is teh best and Christians cant be brootal cuz god is lame thro up teh horns \\m//

That's cool. A lot of people are surprisingly antsy about that.

"Dood metul is teh best and Christians cant be brootal cuz god is lame thro up teh horns \\m//

I guess people are quite ignorant and judgemental before they hear a track in the modern land

I guess people are quite ignorant and judgemental before they hear a track in the modern land

It's mostly the unintelligible metalheads that do that. I'm a Christian so I guess it bugs me more than it would other people, but I try not to let it get to me too much. People will be people.

Hmm, you like Rudess? Ever heard of Liquid Tension Experiment? I recommend checking them out :D.

Liquid Tension Experiment is pretty great. I actually think I like them more than Dream Theater, they're got a really ethereal sound. Acid Rain is so intense.

Eh tell me about it, I'd always see some comment saying "all dis persun iz doin iz pushin da buttonz, dis takez no skill to maek" or "Wur iz da beatz in dis song, I cant dance to dis in da club so it suckz" and so on. It's quite surprising how people are completely the opposite of open minded and only respect their own opinions. It's like you have a guitar and you scream out lyrics or it's untalented to some people. Oh well, I say let those people be who they are, or you're gonna end up in a 5 page argument that accomplishes nothing

Eh tell me about it, I'd always see some comment saying "all dis persun iz doin iz pushin da buttonz, dis takez no skill to maek" or "Wur iz da beatz in dis song, I cant dance to dis in da club so it suckz" and so on. It's quite surprising how people are completely the opposite of open minded and only respect their own opinions. It's like you have a guitar and you scream out lyrics or it's untalented to some people. Oh well, I say let those people be who they are, or you're gonna end up in a 5 page argument that accomplishes nothing

Well I can understand people not enjoying the style of metal or hardcore, they're not exactly accessible genres. Saying that groups aren't talented because you don't like the style is just plain ignorant though.

Archived