The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

Deftones are gonna have a new album?!? And I've only heard of this right now, oh yeah Diamond Eyes was so awesome I can't wait for their next album. I've always loved Deftones, they actually were one of the bands that got me into metal music along with Mindless Self Indulgence

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deftones are gonna have a new album?!? And I've only heard of this right now, oh yeah Diamond Eyes was so awesome I can't wait for their next album. I've always loved Deftones, they actually were one of the bands that got me into metal music along with Mindless Self Indulgence

Yea it comes out a week from today, I preordered it at Hot Topic haha. From a girl in a corset nonetheless, proving that they do have good things there sometime~

Yea it comes out a week from today, I preordered it at Hot Topic haha. From a girl in a corset nonetheless, proving that they do have good things there sometime~

Well I guess I should buy it when it comes out seeming towards how I have no other CDs (Yes I buy CDs instead of digital downloads) on my list of ones to buy

It's ok, I do too~

[spoiler=My Collection]CdShelf.jpg

Yours is much neater than mine, I have CDs piled up in my room, well not literally but, my rack is too small to fit all of them XD

I guess I just collect CDs because it's nice to have a physical copy of something

Yours is much neater than mine, I have CDs piled up in my room, well not literally but, my rack is too small to fit all of them XD

I guess I just collect CDs because it's nice to have a physical copy of something

I'm OCD about my music. I keep the bands in alphabetical order, then albums by release year haha. It used to be bigger but I sold a lot of the ones I didn't listen to anymore. I too prefer having the liner notes and actual CD, it feels more personal in a way.

I just noticed that I don't have you added on my friends list, fixing that now.

I'm OCD about my music. I keep the bands in alphabetical order, then albums by release year haha. It used to be bigger but I sold a lot of the ones I didn't listen to anymore. I too prefer having the liner notes and actual CD, it feels more personal in a way.

Eh...I'm opposite I need to put all of the CDs with broken cases onto one of those CD rings and I've never sold a CD, I only let one of my friends touch one of my CDs after he bothered me about borrowing it for days.

Eh...I'm opposite I need to put all of the CDs with broken cases onto one of those CD rings and I've never sold a CD, I only let one of my friends touch one of my CDs after he bothered me about borrowing it for days.

My local record store buys used CDs so I take them there. I never let friends borrow my CDs, they always come back scratched or something -_- I'll burn a copy for them though

My local record store buys used CDs so I take them there. I never let friends borrow my CDs, they always come back scratched or something -_- I'll burn a copy for them though

I hated it when I let my friend borrow that CD because I let him borrow it from around Wednesday last week and he never returned it until today. Yeah he's not touching another one of my CDs even if it's one that I don't really care for anymore

Who else is mega excited for the new Deftones album?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPO81Fz4s2g

Oh hell yeah. I'm probably the biggest Deftones fanboy around here. Them and Glassjaw kinda brought me to the hardcore scene even though Deftones' metal.

Currently, my fav song would be Rosemary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyNBc-_Ctbk

Can't wait to see them live again. They were so good with SOAD. If you already listen to all of Deftones' record, what's your rating?

Mine would probably be

White Pony & Diamond Eyes >Saturday Night Wrist > Around The Fur > Self Titled > Adrenaline.

Judging from what I heard of the new album so far...it's like Diamond Eyes and Saturday Night Wrist had a baby.

Oh hell yeah. I'm probably the biggest Deftones fanboy around here. Them and Glassjaw kinda brought me to the hardcore scene even though Deftones' metal.

Can't wait to see them live again. They were so good with SOAD. If you already listen to all of Deftones' record, what's your rating?

Mine would probably be

White Pony & Diamond Eyes >Saturday Night Wrist > Around The Fur > Self Titled > Adrenaline.

Judging from what I heard of the new album so far...it's like Diamond Eyes and Saturday Night Wrist had a baby.

Underoath was definitely my gateway band for hardcore.

It's always hard for me to rate albums because I like every album for different reasons.

If I had to put them in order, I think it'd go...

White Pony > Diamond Eyes = Saturday Night Wrist > Around the Fur > Deftones > Adrenialine.

I actually find myself listening to the self-titled album a lot, but I like to give more listens to albums that don't catch my attention right away. I'm not listening to any more songs from the new album until I get my preorder though.

Well I guess I should buy it when it comes out seeming towards how I have no other CDs (Yes I buy CDs instead of digital downloads) on my list of ones to buy

I do this.

I just noticed that I don't have you added on my friends list, fixing that now.

I also do this... or will when I get a CD rack. All mine are in a ring binder thing too ATM too after I took them to my old college digs with me, but I've kept all the cases. (Is insanely jealous of your collection btw).

Underoath was definitely my gateway band for hardcore.

It's always hard for me to rate albums because I like every album for different reasons.

If I had to put them in order, I think it'd go...

White Pony > Diamond Eyes = Saturday Night Wrist > Around the Fur > Deftones > Adrenialine.

I actually find myself listening to the self-titled album a lot, but I like to give more listens to albums that don't catch my attention right away. I'm not listening to any more songs from the new album until I get my preorder though.

Only listen to the 3 new single and 1 song new song they played during their tour with SOAD. Preorder mine from a hot topic store as well.

Meh the only Deftones albums I've heard are Around The Fur, White Pony and Diamond Eyes.

And out of what I've heard from them this song's my favorite:

You should take some time off and listen to Saturday Night Wrist. It's worth it.

I do this.

I also do this... or will when I get a CD rack. All mine are in a ring binder thing too ATM too after I took them to my old college digs with me, but I've kept all the cases. (Is insanely jealous of your collection btw).

I just place mine in my closet with each section marked with an alphabet while my cloths are still in my bags. Never really move in to college I guess..

I do this.

It's all good, I've been buying CDs for awhile haha. I used to carry a case but I stopped because it scratched some of my CDs.

Only listen to the 3 new single and 1 song new song they played during their tour with SOAD. Preorder mine from a hot topic store as well.

You should take some time off and listen to Saturday Night Wrist. It's worth it.

I just place mine in my closet with each section marked with an alphabet while my cloths are still in my bags. Never really move in to college I guess..

Saturday Night Wrist rules so much. I wish we knew each other in real life so I could actually talk to someone about music I'm excited for...some of my friends like a few bands I listen to, but all hardcore/screamo/post-hardcore stuff (Converge, ISIS, Glassjaw, etc.) just doesn't click with them. You play any instruments?

I got the the ISIS collection Temporal yesterday, it's got some sick stuff on it. This track is included, and is my favorite; if you've got twelve minutes, I strongly suggest listening to this. The louder the better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfFlJowAEGg

I've just been Xmas shopping. I got the best of Will Young for my mum (awwwwww :))

And since the clerk admitted it was inmcorrectly labelled and should be available on 2 for £10, and because my shopping was going so well, I got myself an Opeth album too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY5LRReFYus

Good choice, that's a great album. If you like that one, I'd recommend Blackwater Park next , a lot of people consider it their best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRvrs8yDBbo

Not too sure if anyone here likes hardcore music with female vocals, but it's still a good song

It's usually a turn-off for me except for certain groups. Not that I have anything against female singers, but I prefer listening to and singing along with male vocalists. There are a few female-fronted groups that I like though, like Circle Takes the Square and...that's all I can think of.

By the way guys, here's the stream for Deftones' new album:

http://www.rollingst...emiere-20121108

It's usually a turn-off for me except for certain groups. Not that I have anything against female singers, but I prefer listening to and singing along with male vocalists. There are a few female-fronted groups that I like though, like Circle Takes the Square and...that's all I can think of.

By the way guys, here's the stream for Deftones' new album:

http://www.rollingst...emiere-20121108

I'm pretty ok with female fronted bands in the hardcore/metal scene, Wall Of Jericho for example. Although I rather like them sing cleans like Eyes Set To Kill and all that jazz better.

Oh and out of the two stream release, one being of Green Day and the other Deftones, Deftones' album is way, way, way better. It's more of an amalgamation of the S/T and Saturday Night Wrist. Entombed and Rosemary is so awesome.

And @METALMAXIMAL I don't think there's such thing as DARK metal. All this sub genres people keep creating is nonsense and what's next? Rock Metal? But cool band though except for the vocals. Sounds like they just overlap the vocals ontop of the instrumental after they done recording everything.

I'm pretty ok with female fronted bands in the hardcore/metal scene, Wall Of Jericho for example. Although I rather like them sing cleans like Eyes Set To Kill and all that jazz better.

Oh and out of the two stream release, one being of Green Day and the other Deftones, Deftones' album is way, way, way better. It's more of an amalgamation of the S/T and Saturday Night Wrist. Entombed and Rosemary is so awesome.

And @METALMAXIMAL I don't think there's such thing as DARK metal. All this sub genres people keep creating is nonsense and what's next? Rock Metal? But cool band though except for the vocals. Sounds like they just overlap the vocals ontop of the instrumental after they done recording everything.

Thanks for the info i just wanted to find metalbands with dark matter and i found that one.

I will try to find more real bands next time

Zao's pretty much the only band that I think can match Converge's intensity. Plus both band are quite in the same age.

I agree with that for the most part. I think Zao is probably one of the most emotionally fueled hardcore bands. They've been through some dark times, especially Dan. Converge wins for being more consistent in my opinion though.

Also:

Archived