The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

Saying that groups aren't talented because you don't like the style is just plain ignorant though.

Well I do see some angry metalhead making a pointless rant alot, mostly in youtube comments for some electronic song. I can totally get how you wouldn't like it but the fact of how all those metalheads don't know a single thing about what the producer is doing is what gets me on edge the most. I can just say "All you do to play a guitar is whack a tiny piece of plastic on some strings" and just describe any instrument in small detail to make it sound talentless.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I do see some angry metalhead making a pointless rant alot, mostly in youtube comments for some electronic song. I can totally get how you wouldn't like it but the fact of how all those metalheads don't know a single thing about what the producer is doing is what gets me on edge the most. I can just say "All you do to play a guitar is whack a tiny piece of plastic on some strings" and just describe any instrument in small detail to make it sound talentless.

Pretty much. A lot of them think metal is some elite genre that only certain people can like, and those people are better than other people. That line of thinking just makes them look like an ass.

Pretty much. A lot of them think metal is some elite genre that only certain people can like, and those people are better than other people. That line of thinking just makes them look like an ass.

I feel you. On one side there's all these metalhead that's hating on other music for being less complex/less talented and still make more money/more famous. On the other side, you have all these group of people who refuse to acknowledge other form of music such as metal/hardcore/trip hop that they can't get into and often nag it as noise and such. And let's not forget about the metal elitist that always think their band is the best of the genre. Those people gave me headache.

And Isis rules. Anybody knows when will Isis/Chino side project be releasing any kind of stuff?

Also, Botch anybody?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6Q87LFycXI&feature=related

Wow, clearly I've been away for a quite some time since I don't know what going on now..haha.

And Isis, Botch and Breather Resist? Cool, cool, cool ,cool. And I got my copy of Koi No Yokan. Deftones can do no wrong, as always.

Anyway, here's an old song. Very nostalgic for me, hope y'all enjoy it.

Wow, clearly I've been away for a quite some time since I don't know what going on now..haha.

And Isis, Botch and Breather Resist? Cool, cool, cool ,cool. And I got my copy of Koi No Yokan. Deftones can do no wrong, as always.

Anyway, here's an old song. Very nostalgic for me, hope y'all enjoy it.

From Autumn to Ashes, that's pretty old-school. Good band though.

As for Koi No Yokan, it's a great album. I changed my ratings a bit after listening to Diamond Eyes again so I think it looks like this now:

White Pony > Diamond Eyes = Koi No Yokan > Saturday Night Wrist > Deftones > Around the Fur > Adrenaline.

From Autumn to Ashes, that's pretty old-school. Good band though.

As for Koi No Yokan, it's a great album. I changed my ratings a bit after listening to Diamond Eyes again so I think it looks like this now:

White Pony > Diamond Eyes = Koi No Yokan > Saturday Night Wrist > Deftones > Around the Fur > Adrenaline.

Mine's something like this:

White Pony = Diamond Eyes > Saturday Night Wrist = Koi No Yokan > Self Titled = Around The Fur > Adrenaline.

I am. And good song choice yo! I'm probably one of the few that thinks Lateralus as their magnum opus. Many would say Aenima but they really top that lp of with Lateralus.

Mine's something like this:

White Pony = Diamond Eyes > Saturday Night Wrist = Koi No Yokan > Self Titled = Around The Fur > Adrenaline.

I am. And good song choice yo! I'm probably one of the few that thinks Lateralus as their magnum opus. Many would say Aenima but they really top that lp of with Lateralus.

Lateralus is definitely the best. And the title track is my favorite Tool song.

Yeah I agree that Lateralus is the best, I've heard a few other songs off of other albums but I still don't think those ones are as good.

I remember my dad's friend had left the album and forgot to bring it back with him. I went up and asked him what the CD was seeming towards how the front cover was really cool looking to me. He told me that it was one of his friends and that I should try it. Man was I not disappointed. Unfortunately the CD's been lost for a while. Probably because I didn't care about finding it when I moved onto electronic music. Now I wish that I could find it

What? I always thought the majority would prefer Lateralus over Aenima. Still, whatever Tool does will always be better than whatever A Perfect Circle is doing.

Good thing that they're recording a new album next summer. And my Deftone rating would go like this:

White Pony > Diamond Eyes = Koi No Yokan = Saturday Night Wrist > S/T > Around The Fur > Adrenaline.

Speaking of Tool and Deftones.

What? I always thought the majority would prefer Lateralus over Aenima. Still, whatever Tool does will always be better than whatever A Perfect Circle is doing.

Good thing that they're recording a new album next summer. And my Deftone rating would go like this:

White Pony > Diamond Eyes = Koi No Yokan = Saturday Night Wrist > S/T > Around The Fur > Adrenaline.

Speaking of Tool and Deftones.

The only reason that Saturday Night Wrist isn't on equal ground with Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan for me is because of a few weak tracks. Pink Cellophane (that creepy bit at the end about British people having bad teeth, though hilarious, kind of ruins the flow for me) and Mein are a bit forgettable. They are decent within the flow of the album but as stand-alone tracks I don't think they hold up to the rest. Overall though, the album is better than any that came before it except White Pony.

Passenger is an absolutely sick song. Deftones > Tool in my opinion. And are they really making a new album? I'm pretty sure they've made that announcement several times in the past few years.

I was just looking at your old screamo thread where we first met. It's weird seeing how little I knew just under a year ago and how my tastes have evolved in that time.

The only reason that Saturday Night Wrist isn't on equal ground with Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan for me is because of a few weak tracks. Pink Cellophane (that creepy bit at the end about British people having bad teeth, though hilarious, kind of ruins the flow for me) and Mein are a bit forgettable. They are decent within the flow of the album but as stand-alone tracks I don't think they hold up to the rest. Overall though, the album is better than any that came before it except White Pony.

Passenger is an absolutely sick song. Deftones > Tool in my opinion. And are they really making a new album? I'm pretty sure they've made that announcement several times in the past few years.

I was just looking at your old screamo thread where we first met. It's weird seeing how little I knew just under a year ago and how my tastes have evolved in that time.

I like Pink Cellophane. But for different reason and Mein along with rapture is well, forgettable yet I still love the album for it's atmosphere and how everything felt so much like having a sip of red wine and a puff of weed while drowning in the vast cold ocean..idk, that's just me though.

On my old scemo thread, was I still using my old name-Nexusgrave?

I like Dir En Grey but Envy is probably the best Japanese band for me. Too bad it's not metal though. And Poc, I'm in the middle of listening to your demo.

I like Pink Cellophane. But for different reason and Mein along with rapture is well, forgettable yet I still love the album for it's atmosphere and how everything felt so much like having a sip of red wine and a puff of weed while drowning in the vast cold ocean..idk, that's just me though.

On my old scemo thread, was I still using my old name-Nexusgrave?

I like Dir En Grey but Envy is probably the best Japanese band for me. Too bad it's not metal though. And Poc, I'm in the middle of listening to your demo.

I think I remember you as Nexusgrave but I didn't know that was you until now, and I don't think I found the thread until after your name change. That thread helped me a lot though; Orchid, Circle Takes the Square, Gospel, Off Minor, City of Caterpillar, Hot Cross...so many good things found their way into my life because of that.

Oh yes, and Envy as well. I think Dir en grey wins just because of the sheer amount of versatility they have in their music that has rarely fallen short of excellent. Envy is a different beast altogether though, I don't really think I could compare the two.

What? I thought Envy was screamo and Dir En Grey's straight up metal. You can't compare the two. But overall I prefer Envy more which doesn't make Dir En Grey any less epic.

Envy is a different beast altogether though, I don't really think I could compare the two.

That's pretty much exactly what I said xD

I've been listening to Dir en grey longer so I'm more emotionally attached to the band I guess. Envy is still as sick as they come though, and they don't have screaming fangirls that make you wanna take a shower ever time you listen to them.

OK I take back my statement. This band blows my mind.

Dir en grey has to be one of my favorite metal bands. If you get the chance, you should check out their albums Uroboros and Dum Spiro Spero

On Maximum the Hormone, I think they're basically the Japanese version of System of a Down haha. Not a bad thing at all though~

Archived