The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

They were friends before but then she move away. 2 years later, last year they met again when we entered college. At first it was weird how my ex hangs with me and my girlfriend along with the scooby gang but it got less awkward when all of us get along well-hanging, going to gigs etc, etc.

Also, glassjaw was supposed to be releasing new stuff after releasing the eps but I think they had some legal issues with their previous label.

And I was checking for more bands outside of the US and found this guys. They're from Malaysia.

Seems like something's wrong, I can't post a media link so just click the link.

I think you have to change the url to "http" instead of "https", I was having that problem as well.

That band is interesting though, kinda like a Japanese Deftones with some other elements.

Just found these guys today, they're on Deathwish Inc.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy s*** Kojira sounded like a product of Deftones and some asian orchestra on LSD but the name though, really? Code Orange Kids is awesome. Love the punk influence they have.

I, on the other hand have been listening to ISIS this past few weeks. Mostly Oceanic but also Panopticon, and must I say they fit the very cold winter atmosphere. Haven't listen to any of their album after Panapticon and most people says that they never did Panapticon.

Haven't listen to any of their album after Panapticon and most people says that they never did Panapticon.

I feel like there's a typo there. ^^^

Panopticon is arguably their best but Oceanic fights for the title a lot in my personal ratings. The stuff after that is really good too. In the Absence of Truth is awesome and Wavering Radiant, though not their best, is definitely a great last album for the band. Have you listened to their pre-Oceanic work?

Oh yeah, I spelled Panopticon wrong. And their pre-Oceanic work that I owned are Sawblade, The Red Sea and Celestial. Personally I love Oceanic more too, you can just taste the influence of Mogwai, Explosions In The Sky and Godspeed! You Black Emperor in it.

I meant when you said "most people say they never did Panopticon", I wasn't sure what you meant by that. Mosquito Control is my favorite of their pre-Oceanic works, I've never listened to the original tracks on Sawblade, but I've heard they're kinda meh. I have the two cover tracks on the Temporal collection though.

Ooo, was saying that generally people said that they never top Panopticon but I wouldn't know since I haven't listen to most of their stuff after Panopticon. Agreed on you with that one about Sawblade, it was awkward and pretty much the reason why they never truly revisit that musical structure of that album. Out of the pre-Oceanic work they done, my favorite would be Celestial. The sheer heaviness of the album was what drawn me to Isis in the first place.

Ooo, was saying that generally people said that they never top Panopticon but I wouldn't know since I haven't listen to most of their stuff after Panopticon. Agreed on you with that one about Sawblade, it was awkward and pretty much the reason why they never truly revisit that musical structure of that album. Out of the pre-Oceanic work they done, my favorite would be Celestial. The sheer heaviness of the album was what drawn me to Isis in the first place.

Ah, ok. Yea, like I said, Panopticon is probably the best but Oceanic is almost as good if not as good. I definitely recommend looking into their last two albums though. Mosquito Control as well if you haven't heard it yet, especially if you like their really heavy stuff.

Kinda like how Deftones will never top White Pony and Converge will never top Jane Doe. The bands have definitely evolved and matured since they released those albums, but the overall impact of what they accomplished at the time is something that hasn't been matched since then. Even so, everything that followed has still been nothing short of excellent, and I think the same goes for ISIS before they called it quits.

Well, I'm getting both Wavering Radiant and In The Absence Of Truth for Christmas. Keeping my favorite of the two and will give the other to my girlfriend after I finish spinning it. Anyway, I think among all my fav band I think Isis is the only band that I never went to see live...which sucks. Hope they did a reunion show like PG.99 in the near future so I can see em live.

While were on the topic of Isis, I've listened to one of their songs

I don't know what the name of it was and I thought that it was pretty damn good

I'm gonna go look them up and see what other songs I can find by them

While were on the topic of Isis, I've listened to one of their songs

I don't know what the name of it was and I thought that it was pretty damn good

I'm gonna go look them up and see what other songs I can find by them

Good use of your time~

Holy Tears, In Fiction, and The Other are a few of my favorites.

I found it hard to listen to just any one of Isis song. Somehow it's just felt like incomplete without listening to the entire album. But that's just me though.

I agree, those are just a few highlights in my opinion.

And since we're all talking about ISIS and we all love Deftones, Palms really needs to drop their debut album like tomorrow.

I agree, those are just a few highlights in my opinion.

And since we're all talking about ISIS and we all love Deftones, Palms really needs to drop their debut album like tomorrow.

Here's hoping for a Christmas miracle XD Pretty curious how Isis with Chino on vocals would sound like. But I hope it's more than just Isis with Chino on vocals though.

Hello guys Just finish college XD........... LIBERTAD AL FIIIIN XD....... sigh finally a break a long needed break lol, so moving on yesterday i discovered this band called Lonewolf and there soo awesome and yes i know il try to find some more info but there awesome, so dudes XMAS is almoust here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyKrTJDZdu4

Yeah I just started listening to Oceanic

I'm only on the first track and so far it's pretty damn good

But it's too early for me to give out a final judgement on them so I'll post up my opinions after I'm finished with the album

--------------------------------

Halfway through the album I love Maritime

So far it's my favorite track off of the album

I'm a sucker for anything involving ambient

Yeah I just started listening to Oceanic

I'm only on the first track and so far it's pretty damn good

But it's too early for me to give out a final judgement on them so I'll post up my opinions after I'm finished with the album

--------------------------------

Halfway through the album I love Maritime

So far it's my favorite track off of the album

I'm a sucker for anything involving ambient

Cool, Oceanic might be my personal favorite from them. And the tone of this album fits the winter well.

Here's hoping for a Christmas miracle XD Pretty curious how Isis with Chino on vocals would sound like. But I hope it's more than just Isis with Chino on vocals though.

I don't mind if they turn up that way.

Yeah I'm loving Oceanic I saw it in the CD store today and I'm gonna go out and buy it after Christmas

I also saw the new Deftones album stacked everywhere in the store, there were at least a hundred copies that they had gotten in

Wait? 100 copies of Deftones' new album? Why hasn't it disappeared instantly? What madness is this?

I think Moog meant that the store itself had 100 copies, they couldn't make #11 on the Billboard 200 if they only produced 100 copies of the album.

Yeah I'm loving Oceanic I saw it in the CD store today and I'm gonna go out and buy it after Christmas

You saw Oceanic in a store? You should pick that up before it disappears, it's not exactly an easy album to come by these days, at least at retail outlets.

Archived