The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

Wait a minute, Pendulum's not a metal band? I thought they were or at least in line with Marilyn Manson's type of music. They tour a lot with metal band though like Type O Negative, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Carnivore and more.

They did that song with some other band

It has a screamo in it

Which is quite unusual for Pendulum

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well at least one person shares the same thoughts as me

Influence doesn't make something. If you were a grindcore band that somehow has heavy Michael Jackson influence, it doesn't make you a pop band. You're still grindcore but it's still worth a discussion at how much metal influence other band in different genre and it's not wrong.

They did that song with some other band

It has a screamo in it

Which is quite unusual for Pendulum

IDK..I don't think it's screamo, probably a Post Hardcore or a metalcore band. Check out my emo/screamo thread and check out few of the band, their really, really different.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/270047-emoscreamo/

IDK..I don't think it's screamo, probably a Post Hardcore or a metalcore band. Check out my emo/screamo thread and check out few of the band, their really, really different.

http://forum.yugiohc...047-emoscreamo/

Yeah I'm not an expert

It seemed like screamo to me because there was screaming in it

I can agree that Post Hardcore would be a better genre for the song

Haha, no worries. Common mistake. And modern(or at least post 2005) post hardcore bands are heavily influenced by metalcore and progressive metal. i.e -Fall Of Troy, Eyes Set To Kill, of mice and men.

Though, most of them are usually scene bands. Anyway, a band from my teen years...ow how nostalgic it was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edUydyGpSR8

Recently purchased an album by a band called AxeWound (one of only two albums I own released in 2012, according to Windows Media Player. The other is Bleeding Through- The Great Fire).

They are a 'supergroup' of guys from BFMV, Cancer Bats and Glamour of the Kill. They seem okay.

Also, since I only buy albums on a 2 for £10 offer, got Stone Sour - Audio Secrecy. That's very good.

Oh yes, Pelican. Almost completely forgot about them.The Fire in Our Throats Will Beckon the Thaw is my my favorite of them. Isis, Pelican and Sunn O))) are my Post Metal trinity.

Agreed that that is the best Pelican album, though What We All Come to Need sits pretty high up for it's atmosphere.

Tried, but can't really get into Sun O))). Rosetta is the third in my trinity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4kAL4OJH9M

I've been listening to a lot of Agalloch lately. I've successfully converted my girlfriend into a fan of "Falling Snow".

proudboyfriendisproud.

Agalloch is so good, great band to listen to during the winter haha.

Nice nice, that's one of my faves. Glad you're getting into the band more~

My black metal listening goes up tenfold in the colder months. I purposely take late night walks in the cold with my iPod. You'd be surprised by how therapeutic it is.

I'm very picky when it comes to black metal, I prefer anything that's not Satanic and has progressive tendencies. Any suggestions?

I'm very picky when it comes to black metal, I prefer anything that's not Satanic and has progressive tendencies. Any suggestions?

I don't listen to too much Satanic black metal. I aim for more depressive/atmospheric/melodic... Some of my preferred bands are Shining, Panopticon, Peste Noire, Agalloch, Aaskereia, Altar of Plagues, Lantlos, Amesoeurs, Austere, Woods of Desolation, Deafhaven, Fen, Falls of Rauros, Pestilential Shadows, Photophobia, Petrychor, Forest Stream.

I may have gotten a little gung-ho with that list, but they're all quality black metal bands.

I don't listen to too much Satanic black metal. I aim for more depressive/atmospheric/melodic... Some of my preferred bands are Shining, Panopticon, Peste Noire, Agalloch, Aaskereia, Altar of Plagues, Lantlos, Amesoeurs, Austere, Woods of Desolation, Deafhaven, Fen, Falls of Rauros, Pestilential Shadows, Photophobia, Petrychor, Forest Stream.

I may have gotten a little gung-ho with that list, but they're all quality black metal bands.

Well somebody knows Black Metal like the back of their hand

But yeah on the Black Metal topic I only know Mayhem

And they're definitely not a band that I do like

I was once told that MSI were a Black Metal band, but that was bull****

The person who told me that probably only thought that because they said:

"I like my coffee black, just like my metal" in one of their songs

Well somebody knows Black Metal like the back of their hand

But yeah on the Black Metal topic I only know Mayhem

And they're definitely not a band that I do like

I was once told that MSI were a Black Metal band, but that was bull****

The person who told me that probably only thought that because they said:

"I like my coffee black, just like my metal" in one of their songs

Haha. I restrained myself a little with that list too...

Mayhem is only cool because of their shock factor surround their past. Anyone who thinks MSI is black metal needs to take a step back and evaluate their thoughts.

Haha. I restrained myself a little with that list too...

Mayhem is only cool because of their shock factor surround their past. Anyone who thinks MSI is black metal needs to take a step back and evaluate their thoughts.

I actually find their shock factor to be kind of freaky, but I guess for their type of music it would be cool in a messed up and sadistic way

It's certainly interesting, but even with their sadistic background, their music fails to deliver anything interesting. Except Hellhammer. He's an incredible drummer.

I've only heard one or two of their songs, I can agree that their music sucks bad

Honestly if I wanted a more sadistic band I'd rather be listening to Slayer

Slayer is children's play compared to Mayhem, hahaha. They used their old vocalist's suicide photo as an album cover...

Yeah I've been told that, I was referring more to their music, not their background

Archived