The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

Damn that Helstar stuff actually isn't that bad

Suicidal Nightmare was actually a pretty darn cool song

But if were talking about classic metal

I prefer to stay around the Metallica and Slayer era

I like Metallica until their self title. Everything after that is either mundane or just trying to hard. But Death Magnetic was ok. Slayer on the other hand is fabulous except for Undisputed Attitude and Diabolus in Musica which are crap. Anyway, are you a fan of Black Sabbath?

And I've been spinning protest the hero for days now. Canadian's hero!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypCdGNe3Bvs

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today i was wondering around the metallum and found this band called Imperial age and then there russians but man do they sound awesome? Indeed XD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7HasCGF5x4

I tried to find the find the lyrics but there no where to be found so sorry if you do not understand what there saying.

and i forgot to say hi guys XD

So well how was Christmas for everybody

I got a couple of new CDs

Deftones - Koi No Yokan

Tool - Lateralus

MSI - You'll Rebel To Anything

MSI- If

MSI - Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy

Air - Moon Safari (The 2 disc version with the documentary DVD)

M83 - Hurry Up, Were Dreaming

and Pendulum - Immersion

I also got some money

So tomorrow I'm gonna go see if the Squarepusher and Isis albums I wanted are still there

I even got an iTunes gift card so I can go buy some older stuff that they don't sell in stores anymore

I feel like I had an awesome Christmas

Wow, that's a lot of album you got there Moog. Awesome. The only album I got for my christmas was the new Circa Survive album. My christmas..aside from the drinks I had from 12 till 2 a.m, I had an alcohol free first day of christmas. That changed on the second day though when I went to a party where a high school band did a cover of August Burn Red's entire Christmas album. Also, check this guys out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-45Vkk0BX2A

Wow, that's a lot of album you got there Moog. Awesome. The only album I got for my christmas was the new Circa Survive album.

That's what happens when you ask your parents for only CDs and a new laptop :P

But yeah so far I'm enoying all of the albums that I have

The new Deftones album is awesome I'm obssesed with Poltergeist

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well guys I just got back from the CD store and it turns out that Oceanic was still there

As well as the Squarepusher album I wanted

I had some leftover money so I went and bought even more CDs

As well as a Pink Floyd mug

Finished my Oceanic review and I thought that I might as well bring it up here

[spoiler=Isis - Oceanic]

aCNJ6.jpg

Rating: 4/5

Isis are a Metal band that have an atmospheric sound to them. They are able to go from hardcore screamos to beautiful, light flowing ambiances This is something that's rather unique to find from a metal band seeming towards how metal today just revolves around cute boys wearing black make-up singing about how much their life sucks, or it's just plain screaming and growling lyrics about worshiping Satan and killing people. But Isis on the other hand don't fall into either of those categories.

The lyrics are extremely poetic and make all of the songs have their own beauty, the lyrics themselves have a lot depth and with the metal sound it adds an atmosphere that I can't really describe. It has an angry sound along with a touch of light feeling. Which I can imagine is hard to pull off, especially in the way Isis have done it.

Maybe you'll understand my words more better if you heard the lyrics for yourself.

"This is what he'd always known. The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon"

"Porcelain grin is cracking, incest to uncoil. Your laugh spreads yawning, black hole formation"

"Like liquid was the sadness. Until into the light he stepped"

Overall the album is different from the usual, and can really appeal towards anyone who is a fan of Ambient and Metal.

Recommended Tracks: Maritime, Weight, and The Beginning And The End

Iron Maiden is the first (most mainstream) metal band I can think of in my head.

Yeah I listen to Metal

is RATM considered a metal band?

Iron Maiden are alright, I think that they are quite fairly good

I haven't listened to Rage Against The Machine so I can't really say anything on that

Oh wait yeah I heard one of their songs before, I guess you could consider them a Metal band

Since that's what everyone else says

It's still New Year's Eve where I live

But anyways here I bring you this song

It's not exactly metal, but it does have influences from it

With all due respect this is not METAL this is more like techno please find something that gose with this topic, please.

Hello my firends please allow me to fix a problem the right way, and again i wish you all well this next new year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyzyz44kfSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWi_LvD2jf8

With all due respect this is not METAL this is more like techno please find something that gose with this topic, please.

Hello my firends please allow me to fix a problem the right way, and again i wish you all well this next new year:

Well then my apologies, I wasn't thinking straight

I didn't think that it was too far outside at the moment

Here take this as a sign for forgiveness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8k3ifqVByI

(Just to let you know, that one wasn't techno)

Relax dude, there's no need for flaming. Moog clearly did say that it's not particularly metal but had several influence of it, I don't see anything wrong with that. It's like if someone came here and post a vid of Marilyn Manson or Nine Inch Nails. They're not really metal per say but their music has a lot of metal influence in them. This is a Metal thread, where we post and discuss metal even bands/artist with little to a lot of metal influence while not really being metal. Old school band like Slayer, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden are one of the earliest metal bands but nowadays, they sound like your basic rock band.

Anyway, these guy's aren't really metal as their basically one of those British rock bands that took several influence from metal bands, i.e the riff, drums etc, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_j4Eq3ziE4

Relax dude, there's no need for flaming. Moog clearly did say that it's not particularly metal but had several influence of it, I don't see anything wrong with that. It's like if someone came here and post a vid of Marilyn Manson or Nine Inch Nails. They're not really metal per say but their music has a lot of metal influence in them. This is a Metal thread, where we post and discuss metal even bands/artist with little to a lot of metal influence while not really being metal. Old school band like Slayer, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden are one of the metal band but nowadays, they sound like your basic rock band.

Well at least one person shares the same thoughts as me

I agree with Bay. Beats doing the posting video and say this is metal! \m/ Speaking of Marilyn Mason... Here's my favorite track of them. Afraid of posting him here before cause he ain't that metal enough..at least for some people.

I'm not a huge Marilyn Manson fan, but I love that song a lot

But anyways I found this song on the new Pendulum CD that I bought and I'd just like to know what people think of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnBxYFJLVS4

Archived