The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

Well like I said before, I've only just started listening to Black Metal, so I can't argue with that. But anyways since you've been listening to Black Metal for a long time what are some recommendations for bands? The only BM bands that I've liked besides Liturgy, are Wolves In The Throne Room and Burzum.

Hmm. That gives me a lot of room to work with. Lmao. I'll give you bands and songs of different black metal styles to check out. It'll keep you busy for awhile. :P

Agalloch - Falling Snow

Agalloch - Into The Painted Grey

Austere - This Dreadful Emptiness

Skagos - Blossoms Will Sprout From The Carcass

Peste Noire - Le Mort Joyeux

Peste Noire - Spleen

Mortifera - La Revenant

When Woods Make Graves - Sphagnum Ghost

When Woods Make Graves - From The Waves

Woods of Desolation - Somehow...

Altar of Plagues - Earth: As A Womb

Nefandus - Att Fira Jesu Död

Pestilential Shadows - Lost Geists of the Sunlight Sphere

Dantalion - Death's Cold Layer

Agrypnie - Der tote Trakt

Melancolia Estatica - Meditatio I

Deathspell Omega - Succubus of All Vices

Gris - Il était une forêt…

Vinterland - A Castle So Crystal Clear

Mgła - Mdłości II

Bonjour Tristesse - Lebenskraft

October Falls - I (It's track 1 from The Womb of Primordial Nature)

Bilskirnir - Nordic White Desert

Panoption - Patient

P.H.T.O - Affliction

Galaktik Cancer Squad - Omnivore

Coldworld - Tortured By Solitude

Brocken Moon - Teil III

Der Weg Einer Freiheit - Der Stille Fluss

Forest Stream - The Crown of Winter

Satanic Slaughter - One Night In Hell

Satanic Slaughter - Antichrist

Nokturnal Mortem - Goat Horns

Ragnarok - Journey From Life

Ragnarok - En Verden Av Stein

Shining - Demodets Arkitektur

Wow. Sorry for such a huge list, but I just wanted to make sure I gave you a lot of variation. Black metal is a big genre with a lot to offer. :P

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, I've listened to Agalloch a couple of times. Falling Snow is a song that I really like. Thanks for the list, I'll have to save it so that I can remember it.

Yeah, Falling Snow is the song I recommend to everyone that hasn't previously listened to Agalloch. It's a great song, but at the same time it's very "new listener friendly". Haha.

As for the list, not a problem! I really hope you enjoy some of the stuff on there.

Decided That I might as well listen to some of those tracks while doing my homework and studying. I figured that I might as well leave a little rating for each of the tracks that I listened to.

Austere - This Dreadful Emptiness 9/10

Skagos - Blossoms Will Sprout From The Carcass 8/10

Peste Noire - Le Mort Joyeux 7.5/10

When Woods Make Graves - From The Waves 8/10

Black Metal is definitely the kind of genre for me

I kind of figured Peste Noire wouldn't be scored as high. They're a rather acquired taste.

Heh, yeah I could tell that just by the first gut wrenching scream their singer let out. I liked the song, though just not as much as the others. Listened to a couple of other songs off of your list, I forget which ones though so far I've liked every single song.

Heh, yeah I could tell that just by the first gut wrenching scream their singer let out. I liked the song, though just not as much as the others. Listened to a couple of other songs off of your list, I forget which ones though so far I've liked every single song.

Haha, yeah that scream well tell you right away what's about to come. :P

Hmm. That gives me a lot of room to work with. Lmao. I'll give you bands and songs of different black metal styles to check out. It'll keep you busy for awhile. :P

Agalloch - Falling Snow

Agalloch - Into The Painted Grey

Austere - This Dreadful Emptiness

Skagos - Blossoms Will Sprout From The Carcass

Peste Noire - Le Mort Joyeux

Peste Noire - Spleen

Mortifera - La Revenant

When Woods Make Graves - Sphagnum Ghost

When Woods Make Graves - From The Waves

Woods of Desolation - Somehow...

Altar of Plagues - Earth: As A Womb

Nefandus - Att Fira Jesu Död

Pestilential Shadows - Lost Geists of the Sunlight Sphere

Dantalion - Death's Cold Layer

Agrypnie - Der tote Trakt

Melancolia Estatica - Meditatio I

Deathspell Omega - Succubus of All Vices

Gris - Il était une forêt…

Vinterland - A Castle So Crystal Clear

Mgła - Mdłości II

Bonjour Tristesse - Lebenskraft

October Falls - I (It's track 1 from The Womb of Primordial Nature)

Bilskirnir - Nordic White Desert

Panoption - Patient

P.H.T.O - Affliction

Galaktik Cancer Squad - Omnivore

Coldworld - Tortured By Solitude

Brocken Moon - Teil III

Der Weg Einer Freiheit - Der Stille Fluss

Forest Stream - The Crown of Winter

Satanic Slaughter - One Night In Hell

Satanic Slaughter - Antichrist

Nokturnal Mortem - Goat Horns

Ragnarok - Journey From Life

Ragnarok - En Verden Av Stein

Shining - Demodets Arkitektur

Wow. Sorry for such a huge list, but I just wanted to make sure I gave you a lot of variation. Black metal is a big genre with a lot to offer. :P

Yes! Vinterland are amazing!

Well since you guys are going on about Vinterland, I figured that I might as well check out that song, and damn is that ever a good song. Loving every last second of it.

Well since you guys are going on about Vinterland, I figured that I might as well check out that song, and damn is that ever a good song. Loving every last second of it.

I don't use the adjective "perfect" very often, but Vinterland's Welcome My Last Chapter is damn close to a perfect black metal album.

I don't use the adjective "perfect" very often, but Vinterland's Welcome My Last Chapter is damn close to a perfect black metal album.

Alright I'll definitely check out that album, and yeah I don't really like using perfect to describe an album too often as well, in my opinion it just doesn't seem right to say that something was perfect. I only know not even a handful of albums that I'd call 100% perfect.

Alright I'll definitely check out that album, and yeah I don't really like using perfect to describe an album too often as well, in my opinion it just doesn't seem right to say that something was perfect. I only know not even a handful of albums that I'd call 100% perfect.

I can only name maybe, at most, 5 albums that I'd consider "perfect". I usually find something wrong with every album, no matter how good it is. Welcome My Last Chapter falls just short of perfect. It definitely is a MUST HAVE for anyone that is into black metal, though.

Like he said, Welcome My Last Chapter is definitely A+ material, one of the best albums in BM for sure.

Now I'm going to try to stir up some talk about King Diamond.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1C7lxmsELQ

I've always thought, musically, King Diamond and Mercyful Fate were really cool bands, but his voice absolutely destroys any type of enjoyment I was getting out of the songs. I just never could get into it.

As you guys probably know by now, Jeff Hanneman has passed on. Such depressing news.

Slayer were one of the few Thrash bands that I actually didn't mind, you'll be missed Jeff. We lost Chi Cheng and now we've lost Jeff Hanneman. Sad times, are at 2013.

First Chi and now Jeff...I was never a Slayer fan but my gf really love them so R.I.P man. Anyway, I was kinda lost and did a few back tracking and saw a discussion about Liturgy. funking hate that band(Not musically, I don't listen to much black metal to judge but I hate them as how they perceive themselves as the savior of metal) and their pretentious fans. Ironically enough, most of their tattooed, bearded hipster fans are from the University of St Francis. Go figure...

Well since we're back on the topic of Liturgy, I listened to Aesthethica, it wasn't terrible, though I wouldn't call it anything near good, a few tracks were alright, but the rest was so meh.

Well since we're back on the topic of Liturgy, I listened to Aesthethica, it wasn't terrible, though I wouldn't call it anything near good, a few tracks were alright, but the rest was so meh.

The song Veins of God was literally an 8 minute-long transition. It was so dreadful to get through.

Oh good lord I don't know how I could sit through that one.

I was waiting for the riffs to come, but they... they never came... I felt so uneasy, and not in a good way.

But, I think that's enough Liturgy bashing for one thread. I don't want my negative opinion to spiral out of control. xD

Archived